Reservations Employee Reviews in United States

Reservations/Customer Service Representative ​
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 28, 2016
Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests,process and enter reservations in the system. Interface daily with internal partners in accounting and sales dept.
• Represented the Hotel in regard to guest complaints and situations that require instant action
• Collected payment following all cash handling rules
• Arranged Housekeeping Reports
• Assisted guests with common services and answered any general questions
Cage attentant
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 6, 2016
Exchange bills, scan customers cards and cash out for the term amount
• Assist players with their comp cards and provide general customer service by answering questions
• Responsible for paying out large jackpots and completing the necessary paperwork
• Issued payments for winning vouchers
• Maintained accurate account of monies transactions at all times
• Demonstrated strong computer and math skills
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
location
Good people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 7, 2016
It has been so long since I have worked for Mesa, but while I was there it was a good work environment. My day usually consisted of answering telephones and building reservations for passengers. We also worked with Europe By Air booking reservations for European travel.
Review for each company.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 27, 2016
WNS North America: I loved the job at first. Than I accepted a promotion with out a raise, I noticed the supervisor of my RRD Team, pointing out my flaws and embarrassing me in front of the team, also the team noticed it was things that the other agents on the team were doing as well but never got in trouble for. Now I am being held back from other promotion opportunities.

Turkey Hill: I loved the job I just needed a better pay.

Sundance Vacations : Was absolutely my least favorite job, I did not like the fact that it was a pyramid scam, Also not too long after I left the shift I was working on was actually removed from the company.
Pros
Two 15 min Breaks
Cons
Benefits and Management
Good Job
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Everett, MAJune 21, 2016
This job is a good job, not the best but a good star up job. The management is understanding but the work they have you doing does not equal the pay you are receiving
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Decent Pay
Depended on the day
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXJune 1, 2016
Day to day activity was the same, answering phones, data entry, meeting guests, which could be positive or negative. Unrealistic expectations of employees. No help from anyone if needed, no one was ever reachable, elevator, internet, and computer system would constantly quit working, so you had to try and fix those, no maintenance personnel. If you get hired expect to do 5 different jobs at one time. Housekeeping, your own clerical duties, watching over breakfast (which causes you to leave your post, making other guests angry), maintenance, and pool police. It is a minimum wage job, the worst employees get treated the best.
Pros
Super nice owner, incentive pay, work alone
Cons
No lunch break, No benefits, unfair treatment.
fast pace work place
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  2801 tulane aveMay 24, 2016
the typical day at burger king was very fast pace, I enjoyed the experience. the hardest part of the this job was working short handed.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breakes, on health care at all.
UPS Data review
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 15, 2016
I work in a fast pace technical communications for UPS Technical support on our Email / Chat desk. I assist customers with processing shipments using both ups.com and ups Worldship, excel and csv data imports. Billing, pdf, and xml reports.

Printer and software installs. Payment navigation. Account information.
Pros
Helping others
JetBlue Airways
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 12, 2015
I enjoy JetBlue. Its very fast paced and I love the challenge each call brings. I love the fact that I work from home and I can schedule myself as I need to work or take off of work as I need also. JetBlue's diversity of employees makes a great ambient place to work in.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
its hard to move up
Animals Rock
Jungle island (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 5, 2015
Enjoyable part was the sound of the birds each morning , the co workers were the best i've ever had management was not the best but overall great work enviornment.
Answered phones and made reservations
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs ColoradoSeptember 29, 2015
I liked talking to people from different walks of life, and also to help them make their reservation to stay with us at our fine resort over the holidays or any other time of year.
Interesting
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Dumfries, VASeptember 23, 2015
Answering phone calls
Getting to know long term guests
Handling large military reunions
FBI, DEA groups
Booking group blocks
Fun co-workers
Laid back Boss

The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers I work with as well as hearing stories from military guests.

The hardest part of the job is during peak season we get a lot of Bus groups and assigning rooms so that each different school group is pleased can be difficult.
Front desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJuly 27, 2015
I was responsible for doing our weekly work schedules, payroll, bank deposits, work orders, hiring, terminating, and trained new employees, as well as opening & closing my store. I was in charge of all in store and out store inventory, managed promotional material for weekly specials . I did all the ordering of fuel, new merchandise and re-ordering my regular merchandise. All inventory deadlines and budgets were always met.
Excellent Company
AGENT - THE AMERICAS (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 11, 2015
responsible for solving problems, providing sales promotion, information, and courteous service in response to telephone and written inquiries from travel agents. The Account Executive also provides administrative and clerical support to the Director, Sales Support and to the Area Sales Directors.
Pros
Excellent Company
Cons
Excellent Compamy
Reservations I found out early on was not the right fit for me
Airport Operations/Baggage Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  DFW TXJune 20, 2015
After travel school, I was hired by a top 3 major airline in downtown Hartford Connecticut. The first 5 weeks of work didn't count and we were only getting paid $5.77/hr. I was barely surviving with 3 roommates in a 1 bedroom apartment.

We sent into out 3:30-midnight shift everyday, with no joy or happiness. This call center was ruled like a prison. You were to be pleasant to your customer but nothing but talk regarding the travel plans at hand. I knew that I am a more person person than that and that I was holding myself back from what my true potential was. After a year, I applied to the fly-aa-way vacations department and starting booking now long flights for the customers, but hotels and car rentals too. We could get into conversations regarding the destination and make sure that is in fact what they are looking for and proceed with bookings. We also took payments for the bookings over the phone, gave needed disclosures and documentation requirements that would be needed. We had hotels and clubs come in and train us on their specific locations, and I really learned a lot, but I was still missing something.
On one of my many trips back home to Michigan, I discovered they were hiring in my home airport. Some I submitted an application and was soon working as a stations operational agent. This positions afforded me the ability to learn basically everything that was needs to have the ground crew assist the flight crew in making a flight airborne. I did everything, from quoting and booking tickets, taking money and printing tickets and pass-board passes. To knowing
  more... all the airport city codes and booking their luggage through to their destination with them. Or boarding the flights from the gate, and making sure my final ticket count that I have in my hand matched the bodies on-board the aircraft. We would have the flights preplanned for weight and balance purposes, order the fuel that was requested on the manifest, and restrict the weight load if needed. We would talk to the crew incoming and outgoing on the radio, guiding them into their parking spots on the ground, load and unload the baggage. We also took lost baggage claims for customers if their luggage did not arrive with them. When the baggage we located, we would set the baggage up for delivery to the customer. During bad weather we would de-ice the airplane in preparation for departure, getting started and head them on their way to their destination. That was a lost of fun with a lot of good co-workers and just a fun atmosphere. I also did that in Rockford, IL, and Dallas-Ft. Worth Airport TX. Although in Texas I actually got promoted into the control tower and handled just the flights and crews for preparation of flight to the weights of how the flight was booked, fuel needed and the weight and balance of the aircraft. We needed to ensure there was never too many people or baggage on the plane to be able to fly safely, and still get it all done and get the plane out of the gate on it.
The final leg of my journal with this major national airline was I promoted to management and became a Baggage Claims Specialist. With this job I was given claims where the customer and the bags was never reunited, and I'm the last line of the claim. The customer must fill in claim form with everything they had packed in the bag, the values of such, including the bag itself. I would then check everything to be sure that I had all the pertinent information that I needed and would reimburse them for their missing articles. Most people just wanted to have their things back, but there were some out there scamming for a quick free buck, and I luckily caught a lot of those people, without the company losing a dime. We have guidelines to follow as well as a maximum liability that we could payout, which normal was a lot lower than what the customer was claiming. So I was the person who either did,or did not pay your lost baggage claim, or not the amount you were expecting to receive. And if I did pay it what would the amount be according to our guidelines. I had quite a few irate customers that I spoke with over the years that weren't about no compensation or not enough compensation. I would have to say that was probably the hardest job that I've ever had. But I lived through it and I'm still smiling today!!!
Pros
great flight benefits, health, vacation, sick pay, dental, vision, extra vacation, vesting in the company
Cons
wages were too small to be afford to travel anywhere
Great work enviroment
Billing Associate, U.S. Sedan service Worldwide (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAMay 15, 2015
Learned a lot in this work environment. High volume call center with friendly ready and willing to help co-workers. Highly organized and detail-oriented data entry work. Strict management, customers always came first.
Ok Job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Ponca City, OKFebruary 15, 2015
Greeting customers taking phone reservations
I have learned how to do employers taxes
management has nothing together
my co worker allways call in
dealing with the co worker
when im in office away from the people I work with
This was an adventure with a lot of benefits.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Most of my time was spent on the computer writing letters. You had to get it done quickly.
The management gave my husband and I rooms gratis for 7 nights a year at this hotel and their other hotels around the world! Fabulous and fun! The commute to uptown Dallas was difficult.
Other skills and experiences
Hotel management (Former Employee) –  Woodstock GAJanuary 16, 2015
Assisted students with education and career planning. Developed action plans for students' academic success. Maintained student records. Coordinated educational efforts with parents, teachers, administrators. Addressed student behavioral and academic problems. Provided crisis intervention services. Identified cases of child abuse and other family problems. Provided resources for students and families. Met with parents and guardians regarding their children's academic progress. Provided financial aid and scholarship information to parents. Evaluated student academic performance, behavior, social development, physical health. Provided individual advising, large group guidance, small group counseling.
US Navy
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYDecember 12, 2014
I enjoyed the military service. It gave me a great sense of pride and patriotism to serve my country.