Reservations

Reservations Employee Reviews

Reservations I found out early on was not the right fit for me
Airport Operations/Baggage Claims Specialist (Former Employee), DFW TXJune 20, 2015
Pros: great flight benefits, health, vacation, sick pay, dental, vision, extra vacation, vesting in the company
Cons: wages were too small to be afford to travel anywhere
After travel school, I was hired by a top 3 major airline in downtown Hartford Connecticut. The first 5 weeks of work didn't count and we were only getting paid $5.77/hr. I was barely surviving with – more... 3 roommates in a 1 bedroom apartment.

We sent into out 3:30-midnight shift everyday, with no joy or happiness. This call center was ruled like a prison. You were to be pleasant to your customer but nothing but talk regarding the travel plans at hand. I knew that I am a more person person than that and that I was holding myself back from what my true potential was. After a year, I applied to the fly-aa-way vacations department and starting booking now long flights for the customers, but hotels and car rentals too. We could get into conversations regarding the destination and make sure that is in fact what they are looking for and proceed with bookings. We also took payments for the bookings over the phone, gave needed disclosures and documentation requirements that would be needed. We had hotels and clubs come in and train us on their specific locations, and I really learned a lot, but I was still missing something.
On one of my many trips back home to Michigan, I discovered they were hiring in my home airport. Some I submitted an application and was soon working as a stations operational agent. This positions afforded me the ability to learn basically everything that was needs to have the ground crew assist the flight crew in making a flight airborne. I did everything, from quoting and booking tickets, taking money and printing tickets and pass-board passes. To knowing all the airport city codes and booking their luggage through to their destination with them. Or boarding the flights from the gate, and making sure my final ticket count that I have in my hand matched the bodies on-board the aircraft. We would have the flights preplanned for weight and balance purposes, order the fuel that was requested on the manifest, and restrict the weight load if needed. We would talk to the crew incoming and outgoing on the radio, guiding them into their parking spots on the ground, load and unload the baggage. We also took lost baggage claims for customers if their luggage did not arrive with them. When the baggage we located, we would set the baggage up for delivery to the customer. During bad weather we would de-ice the airplane in preparation for departure, getting started and head them on their way to their destination. That was a lost of fun with a lot of good co-workers and just a fun atmosphere. I also did that in Rockford, IL, and Dallas-Ft. Worth Airport TX. Although in Texas I actually got promoted into the control tower and handled just the flights and crews for preparation of flight to the weights of how the flight was booked, fuel needed and the weight and balance of the aircraft. We needed to ensure there was never too many people or baggage on the plane to be able to fly safely, and still get it all done and get the plane out of the gate on it.
The final leg of my journal with this major national airline was I promoted to management and became a Baggage Claims Specialist. With this job I was given claims where the customer and the bags was never reunited, and I'm the last line of the claim. The customer must fill in claim form with everything they had packed in the bag, the values of such, including the bag itself. I would then check everything to be sure that I had all the pertinent information that I needed and would reimburse them for their missing articles. Most people just wanted to have their things back, but there were some out there scamming for a quick free buck, and I luckily caught a lot of those people, without the company losing a dime. We have guidelines to follow as well as a maximum liability that we could payout, which normal was a lot lower than what the customer was claiming. So I was the person who either did,or did not pay your lost baggage claim, or not the amount you were expecting to receive. And if I did pay it what would the amount be according to our guidelines. I had quite a few irate customers that I spoke with over the years that weren't about no compensation or not enough compensation. I would have to say that was probably the hardest job that I've ever had. But I lived through it and I'm still smiling today!!! – less
Ok Job
Office Manager (Former Employee), Ponca City, OKFebruary 15, 2015
Greeting customers taking phone reservations
I have learned how to do employers taxes
management has nothing together
my co worker allways call in
dealing with the co worker
when im in office away from the people I work with
This was an adventure with a lot of benefits.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Most of my time was spent on the computer writing letters. You had to get it done quickly.
The management gave my husband and I rooms gratis for 7 nights a year at this hotel and their other hotels around the world! Fabulous and fun! The commute to uptown Dallas was difficult.
Other skills and experiences
Hotel management (Former Employee), Woodstock GAJanuary 16, 2015
Assisted students with education and career planning. Developed action plans for students' academic success. Maintained student records. Coordinated educational efforts with parents, teachers, administrators. – more... Addressed student behavioral and academic problems. Provided crisis intervention services. Identified cases of child abuse and other family problems. Provided resources for students and families. Met with parents and guardians regarding their children's academic progress. Provided financial aid and scholarship information to parents. Evaluated student academic performance, behavior, social development, physical health. Provided individual advising, large group guidance, small group counseling. – less
US Navy
Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYDecember 12, 2014
I enjoyed the military service. It gave me a great sense of pride and patriotism to serve my country.
was an ok job
Account Excusive Assistant (Former Employee), Stockton, CANovember 26, 2014
called bankers trying to get loan modification for people homes so they dont lose them to the banks.
Productive Fun Work Environment
PBX/Events Planning Agent/Receptionist (Former Employee), Dulles, VAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Utilized different databases to assist callers inquiring on information regarding office locations/numbers and Accenture personnel worldwide.
Assisted clients with office/conference space reservations. – more...
Assisted Events & Planning Team
Created, updated, and maintained reports/queries/forms as requested.
Answered a steady volume of phone calls.
Acted as a liaison with Executive Assistants regarding the needs and schedules of Accenture Executives.
Assisted clients & personnel when inquiring information at the reception desk – less
Fun job!!!
Data entry and alpha and numeric filing (Former Employee), Wichita, KansasJuly 23, 2014
I was able to learn a lot working here. Met a lot of great people and was able to experience a lot a great things. Such as free tickets to the hottest concerts, meeting celebrities that came in, etc.
Very productive property
ASST. FRONT OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Ip BiloxiJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
I was responsible for the Training of new staff and quality assurance of the Reservations department. I made sure all calls were answered in a timely manner and I monitored all associates to ensure we were delivering the best customer service! The best part of my job was helping the associates handle stressful situations.
Great job
Customer Service Delta Air Lines (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2014
A typical day at work was to answer incoming calls and help make reservations.
boring without custermers
front desk officer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2014
Willing to work in any category which one challenging me.Hardest part of the job is rest time and i'm enjoying my work always.
Good job, good pay, but always lieing to employees.
Subscriptions/Scheduler/Dispatcher (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 30, 2013
Learn how to dispatch, schedule trips, talk to customers thru the day. Management is not good they always lie to use and tell us employees different things, in other words what we want to hear but at the – more... end of the day nothing good happens. Hardest part of the job is when we get a lot of clients calling in all at once and there is not enough people to help us answer phones calls. Enjoyable is really nothing good about it, been here for about a year and don't think I have had a good day in the past 6 months, I am a hard worker when it comes to work but want to work for something or a company that doesn't lie to there employees. – less
A fun day at the park
Front desk Customer service (Former Employee), Fort Gaines, GADecember 26, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I took reservations at the front desk. I learned more about Golf than I ever wanted to know. Everyone was friendly and we worked very well together. Not a hard job just really busy. Enjoyed bringing my children to the park.
Fairfield Inn
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Saint George, UTDecember 19, 2013
i love this hotel the management is nothing short of amazing. They go above and beyond their call of duty to see that guests as well as employees are happy and taken care of. MaKenzie is the BEST!!
Making Reservations
Reservations (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 10, 2013
Answering high volume incoming calls and making reservations.
comedy zone fun
Admin assistant (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 7, 2013
Pros: the team i work with.
Cons: compensations/benefits.
I love my co-workers and my job. A typical day at work would be arriving around 3:45 pm, check my email and start working on the seating grid for that nights show. Take any phone calls from customers, – more... answer questions, go over marketing ideas with manager. Around 6:30 pm, I start setting up for show, make any reservations that need to be done. At 7 the doors open, I check ID's and tickets for validity and direct them to the correct seats. I then count and collect the online reservations to run them to the house account to ensure the comedian gets paid the correct amount. – less
fine summer job
Reservationist (Former Employee), Westerly, Rhode IslandSeptember 23, 2013
It was a fine summer job. Just a place I worked for a short period of time it was hotel reservations.
HOLIDAY EVENTS, BREAKS
Sales Rep (Former Employee), NEW ORLEANS, LAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: healthcare
Cons: diversity advacement
HEALTHCARE BENEFITS WERE EXCELLENT,
HURRICANE ASSISTANCE/RELOCATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES.
LEADERSHIP COMMUNICATION WAS EXCELLENT.
Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahAugust 11, 2013
Really enjoyed this job. Relocated to Phoenix after 3 years.
Great job for those who love to travel
Rates Representative (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 6, 2013
Fast paced environment that is constantly changing. I learned to be an excellent multi-tasker between talking to customers while navigating several computer applications. The hardest part of the job was – more... having an irate customer whose travel plans had been interrupted. The most enjoyable part was having a satisfied customer who I helped choose the best options for their travel plans or solve a problem they were having. – less

About Reservations

The Federal Reserve Banks offer a full range of financial services including FedCash, Check including FedForward, FedReturn and – Read more