Residential Developers Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
It was an interesting place to work.
Direct Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 2, 2017
I assisted with disabled adults, helped dress,bathe, fed the residents. I administered medication, took vitals, helped with daily needs. I supervised outings on a daily basis. I entertained the residents as needed.
Pros
Self satisfaction it gave.
Cons
Not having the supplies I needed to do my job.
Direct Service Professional- Helped Disabled Individuals with daily encouragement and understanding.
Direct Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Help Handy capt individuals learn something new every day.
Daily activities as in getting dressed for the day, or making dinner, to just opening your hand and gripping the object in hand.
Not to take life for granted
Caring
Residence passing
Smiling faces for a happy home
Pros
Family Friendly Gatherings
Cons
Abuse to staff members
so-so
Direct service person (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILAugust 1, 2016
I loved working for this company due to the clients provided by this company. My clients loved and enjoyed me the same way I loved and enjoyed them. You cannot do your job properly or correctly if your management isn't doing their job properly or correctly. My biggest problem with this job is the way they train us to be with the clients but the heads or supervisors can come in the homes and talk to the clients any way they want to talk to them.
Joyable residents
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 6, 2016
A typical day at work for me is firstof all arriving to work on time. I pass out medicine and assure everyone is properly dressed for the weather before their buses arrive. I wash bedding and clean the house as I care for the residents that stay home.
Pros
Making a change in the lives of others.
Cons
Not making much money.
Horrible place to work for.
DSP (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 22, 2015
No breaks. Overloaded staff and high turnover rates. Staff work 5-6 days a week sometimes 7. Supervisors fail to to their jobs so the rest of the staff end up doing their responsibilities. DSPs do not get paid enough to do the job asked of them.
Pros
The relationship developed with the patients
Cons
The entire job
sadly poorly managed
Direct Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Oblong, ILMarch 30, 2015
A typical day consisted of doing my daily duties as well as doing the extra work my supervisor dumped on the staff last minute and having to work short handed due to management not doing their required floor time every week
Pros
free meals
Cons
poor management, heavy lifting, outdated or missing equipment
No raises for several years, pay is min wage
Dsp (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ILOctober 2, 2014
I have worked at this company for over 7 years and am making 9.00 an hour. Paying for health insurance is a must, so I don't even make enough to live on my own. The daily tasks are but not limited to: cleaning, cooking, bathing, medication administration, taking individuals shopping, doctors appointments, and occasional wound care.
Pros
able to take short breaks, meals are provided
Cons
low pay, no raises, no room for advancement
Great job, low pay which leads to frequent turnover.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  ILNovember 17, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the disable individuals and helping them learn/reinforce life skills.

The least enjoyable part of the job is the employee's dissatisfaction with the pay, benefits, hours.
Pros
Making a difference in peoples lives.
Cons
Low pay, frequent turnover
Great job, low pay and no room to advance
Direct Service Person (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ILJuly 16, 2013
This company had kept all of their employees on a raise freeze for 3 years and offer minimal room for advancement. Great job, flexible and fun but not good for financial security.
Pros
amazing co-workers, amazing residents, fun work environment
Cons
expensive healthcare, minimum wage, raise freeze company wide
Well rounded
Direct Service Personal (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 20, 2013
The training was constant and allowed me to see the mental field ina different manner
Pros
training
Someone has to do it
Certified Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 31, 2012
This is a company that has several groups homes all over Illinois and all of the clients are mentally and physically challenged. The company does not care about the people. They just give them the bare minimum and the people who care for this population are ex-cons and drug addicts.
Pros
caring for a population that really needs you!
Cons
everything
Productive and friendly workplace and environment.
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILDecember 2, 2012
I assisted individuals with their daily activities. I learned how to cope and respond to mentally disabled individuals wants and needs. The supervisors and home manager were easy to deal with very kind and nice individuals. They helped when help was needed and trained me well. My co-workers were very helpful also, very easy to work with and get along with also. The hardest part of the job was getting everybody showered and cleaned up at the end of the night for bed. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the individuals and interacting with them. They are fun loving people and i enjoyed being chosen to help to provide their daily needs.
Pros
assisting individuals, seeing that they have learned new things, interacting with them.
Cons
short breaks, changing catheters.