Residential Finance Employee Reviews

not a place I would recommend
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 19, 2016
this company has had a reputation for employees coming and going quickly, management not trained, did not care about their employees
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
Good Company
Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 23, 2016
They were all really good to work with. I didn't have any problems there with any of the management or the employees. It was a good place to work and a good environment. They are a bank so there is training and such that comes with that.
Productivity and Contest
Jr. Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 4, 2015
Contest for free lunches and trips like movies and bowling alley. Schedule was convenient. Helping management train employees. Advancement within the company.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
productive and fun work environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHNovember 29, 2014
checked emails
made calls schedule appointments
odds and ins for boss
got mail distributed to employees
met with customers and realtors
staff meetings and conference calls
Competative Atmosphere
Asst. Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 28, 2014
This was a very fast-paced job. Most people supported and encouraged each other to achieve higher standards.
what i learned
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2014
I learned a lot about finance and how to manage your money. It was a good stepping stone job im not really into sales jobs but it was a good career starter
High paced competetive mortgage company
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 1, 2014
Excellent mortgage sales training was provided, and I was able to learn from some of the best Mortgage Proffesionals in the industry.
Performed loan officer duties dailey
senior loan officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 20, 2014
Checked/reviewed credit
Approved clients for VA / FHA/ CONV / JUMBO loans
Pros
Potential to make a lot of money
Cons
Potential to make no money
Illegal practices and high turnover led to shutdown
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 17, 2014
This used to be a great place to work, up until about half way through 2012. They have always had completely deceptive mailers advertising rates that are never actually available. The underwriters are strict and the rates/fees are ridiculous. Turn times often approach 60+ days, but on a very clean loan it can be less than 30 days. Late payroll and declining compensation led me to resign for a better opportunity. Excellent systems (Leads 360 & Encompass) and equipment (dual monitor computers, great office chairs, upscale work environment). Before the company hired recruiters and telemarketers it was great. They brought in recruiters who had no clue what LOs really made and just sold every applicant a bunch of BS to get them to start. The recruiters also had to sell the sales managers a bunch of BS about how great the applicant would be despite being totally unqualified. This new "CSR" role led to becoming a licensed loan officer, where the now "senior loan officer" (despite having never closed a single loan this title was automatic) got to make minimum wage for 3-6 months before being fired or managing to close a few loans and make some commission. It became a numbers game, hire 20 CSRs, half will pass the licensing and stick around, of those maybe one will become a good LO. This business model was terrible and expensive. Recruiting, hiring, and training people is not cheap. Previously they let the sales managers do the hiring so the quality of people brought in was much higher. It turned into a bit of a playground with a bunch of young kids with no experience just messing around  more... all day and playing silly pranks on each other. Before the end, payroll checks started bouncing and coming late and rumor has it one of the original owners sort of screwed over the new third owner. The retail branch model did not work out for them as they had intended either which I am sure contributed to their demise. The world is better off without these scumbags in business and hopefully PMAC has turned things around (PMAC bought RFC).  less
Pros
Nice office, good leads
Cons
Commission only, constantly lowering comp plan, lying recruiters out of touch with reality, promotion based on friendships not merit, extremely high rates/fees, very strict underwriting, illegal practices, deceptive mailers
Residential Finance Corporation
Legal & Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2014
This was a great place to work. They have a great respect for family and so have flexible work hours to assist working parents. They expect, and rightly so, that when you are at work that work takes top priority.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Employee contribution to healthcare premium is costly.
Asst Processing Mgr (Current Employee) –  Columbus, ohMarch 5, 2014
excellent teamwork, loyalty appreciated, management assistance
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
short breaks
Was a great place to work in the beginning, but then they grew too fast and had to lay a lot of people off.
Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2014
Initially, RFC was a great place to work. I enjoyed the work, my supervisor and my co-workers. We all worked together as a great team. I learned the in's and out's of the Encompass program.

We were very busy in the beginning but then the company moved from downtown to Easton and we grew way too fast and the post closing department was swamped all of the time, which I liked. I would rather be busy and productive than not.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Health care was too expensive and not enough coverage.
Team player was not part of the core values
Funding Specialist/ Collateral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 8, 2014
Core values were weak. Communications between departments were practically non-existent.

Operations portion of this company was treated differently than the sales portion. There was little consistency in management and rules changed, not regulations, but simple procedures written by management would change without communication to pertinent parties.
Personal Opinion, Not a desirable work environment.
Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, ohioNovember 30, 2013
Management does not communicate goals with employees. Pay checks bounce, salaries get lowered by 10% if company is not profiting. This was quite possibly my least favorite employer in the past 23 years I have worked full time.
Pros
none that I found
Cons
most everything
Very Disappointed with this company
N/A (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 24, 2013
I had a manager who didn't know what they were doing. My department was constantly working to the point where I felt like I lived there. This company made a lot of promises that they couldn't keep, and a lot of families had to suffer with over approximately 70 percent of their staff laid off.
Pros
Nice facility, Nice Christmas party.
Cons
Health Care, compensation, work/life balance, the culture, and you cant pop popcorn.
Licensed Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Tampa FloridaOctober 4, 2013
Prepared and submitted refinance loan applications for prime market
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Poor planning by the owners
IT (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 24, 2013
Strategists let us down. Lost hundreds of jobs when the interests rates went up.
Pros
Nice work place
Cons
Don't look you in th eye
my review ...
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2013
• I learned how to manage up
• had an awesome manager
• My co-workers were fun
Good company effected by the market
Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 13, 2013
RFC was a great company to work for. When the floor dropped out of the mortgage industry back in July they were unable to sustain the Charlotte office
They made a lot of promises to get us in the door, then didn't make good on any of them
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2013
They ended up being false about everything they said and after 5 months, shut down the Cincinnati Division that me and my 4 co-workers were brought on to open up. Very dissapointing. It could have been a good opportunity.

2.8