Residential Services Inc

Residential Services Inc Employer Reviews

Long Term/slow progression
specialist (Former Employee), Pineville LaJuly 25, 2014
This is a job that you could expect to spend years at without fear of layoff or termination. Nice stable job, but progression is completely for promotions.
TONS OF EXPERIENCE!!!!
Team Leader (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 9, 2014
Pros: building long lasting friendships with coworkers
Cons: minimal raises, pay increase
Upon initially accepting this job I knew I wanted to study Social Work but I wasn't sure what my concentration would be. After three years of employment at this company, I know Mental Health is the field for me!
Over all
Supervisor (Current Employee), Laurel, MDJune 22, 2014
General office clerks perform a variety of administrative tasks, including answering telephones, typing or word processing, making copies of documents, and maintaining records.

I get along with everyone:
Residential services review
To assist them (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJune 18, 2014
the typical day here begins at 645 and goes to 245. I help get residents and dressed for the day. we prepare meals, provide personal care and medications. then the residents go to work and learn living skills. I have learned how to help the residents grow and become more independent. management does and good job and all my coworkers are a pleasure to – more... work with. the hardest part of my job is not becoming attached to the residents. they most enjoyable part is seeing them smile when the achieve a goal – less
Fun work environment
direct support professional (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJune 6, 2014
If you love working with the disabled population this is a rewarding job. You work closely with your team to build the social skills of clients.
Very well productive doing ADS.Adult Day Services.Bowling,Parks,Movies,WalMart..
Residential Assistance (Former Employee), Niles, MIMay 18, 2014
Pros: getting the consumers out.
Cons: short days
Go in every morning prepare their lunch load up the van and we were gone Monday thru Friday from 9-3. I learned to have patient with the consumers they have behaviours and you have to know how to handle the situation. The management was good. The hardest part of the job was you would never know when the consumers would just have fits especially driving.The – more... most enjoyable part was able to get with another home and make it more fun. – less
Good Company
Supervisor of Direct Support Coordinators (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMay 4, 2014
Good Place to work, was there for over two years. If you take care of your job, they will take care of you.
Very Client Oriented which is great!
Shift Leader/ Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Hibbing, MNApril 30, 2014
Pros: spend time with clients and a lot of hands on time.
Cons: lack of training if you come from outside the company, not enough time allotted to get all the paperwork done.
A typical day is "not sure if you coming or going". Co-workers are the best! My staff was amazing, they really are good at what they do. The hardest part of my job was not know what I needed to ask, when I needed help. The training for my position is basically non-existent... Sad, because I really loved my clients and my staff. Most enjoyable were the – more... clients. They made me laugh most of the time. – less
Good company run by good people
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee), Duluth, MNApril 19, 2014
I worked in two well-run group homes under RSI. The need for personal cares, lifts and transfers, and thorough cleaning was almost constant, but that is of course an unavoidable part of working in the industry.

The clients and coworkers were pleasant, and lines of communication to management were open.
Training and advancement opportunities were always – more... available. – less
Great
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCApril 18, 2014
Co workers are great people and very helpful, great atmosphere, Supervisor are always there and understanding to any problems that may arise, was able to get fast response by telephone and emails.
Very hands on environment ona daily basis.
Direct Support Person (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 18, 2013
Assisting individuals with everyday living essentials whether it be assisting them with meal prep, transporting them to work or doctors appt., assisting with finding employment in the community.
Great job to have
Landscaper\General Helper (Former Employee), Veteran, NYNovember 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch every day, and a great environment to work in.
Always something new to learn and do every day. Loved working with my boss on every job we did.
Direct Support Specialist
Direct Care Specialist-Lead Staff (Former Employee), North Branch MNNovember 4, 2013
Again a wearing job. dealing with behavioral clientele. can be rewarding to see how your interactions assit a person in changing their life style
I enjoy helping people
Resident Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 9, 2013
This job can be rewarding and challenging at the same time I enjoyed working there the pay wasnt so great but you get alot of hours to make up for it.
Care Agency for individuals with developmental disabilities.
Direct Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 6, 2013
Provide direct support to individuals with developmental disabilities.
Productive and fun workplace
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the day is making the client happy. It feel really good to help someone with their activities of daily living.
very good company
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCAugust 29, 2013
Pros: the appreciation of the employees there
Cons: the wages and the benefits were not that good
I loved working at RSI. I loved the residents that I assisted and I learned a lot while I was there. I great learning experience for college students.
working to save energy
Supervisor (Current Employee), Memphis, TennesseeAugust 3, 2013
I currently manage a staff of 13 energy professionals. My day involves working with customer and developing marketing programs that achieve our goals
supervised a group home
Group home supervisor (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 14, 2013
got to overseee a group home that focus on the people, them selves. although things can be hectic as a supervisor had to keep my head on a swivel.
Family oriented company that wants to take care of it's clients the best that they can.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Duluth, MNMay 21, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, great co workers
Cons: no raises
A typical day at work consists of clocking in, attending clients needs, taking clients on outings, taking care of behaviors, cleaning the house, giving medications, and preparing clients meals. Co-workers are amazing, and management is there to help.