ResMac Employee Reviews

Micro management
Underwriter - Remote (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 7, 2017
Production reports were run every 2 hours on the company pipeline and reviewed by management. While the underwriters were trying to address any issues that came up during review of a file with the broker, you were also having to address with management while a file is still is the same status during the time it took to resolve any issue. The constant updates to management required a lot of the production time for the day to be unproductive.
Run!
Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 18, 2017
Poor leadership. They only care about sales and how much you brown nose them and management. They're super quick to layoff and very high turnover. Bottom of the barrel borrowers/loans/poorly originated/processed. Look elsewhere!
Pros
Work remote and salary
Cons
Poor management, training, high turnover
Strong Company with Growth Potential
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 11, 2017
The opportunity to work as a Loan Officer with ResMac has made my originations so much easier. The Marti system is user-friendly and helps me stay on top of my borrowers and the operations behind each loan. It has made a tremendous difference in my production numbers.
Pros
Automated Origination Platform, Remote Flexibility, Compensation is strong
Poor Infastructure
Underwriter-Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 20, 2017
Chaotic, poorly constructed infrastructure, reactionary management. Culture does not foster or stimulate healthy long term management to employee relationships.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No work life balance, misleading expectations, all employees not valued equally.
Innovative Company
Licensing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 17, 2017
Fast growing company with state of the art technology. Our own proprietary system outperforms any of the popular systems out there. Management is local and accessible at all times. It is exciting to be a part of building a company with it's sights on the future.
Pros
Good Management Team, technology, income and benefits
Cons
more company interaction.
Great Career Builder
Secondary Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 15, 2017
I started working for ResMac 5 years ago and I am very proud to look back and see how much I have grown professionally. This was possible due to the fact that the company encourages and supports individuals who are determined to build a professional career. If you are looking for a career builder, you should definitely start here
Pros
Positive atmosphere, advanced technology, friendly co-workers and management
Cons
the office has limited windows
Not an ideal place to work.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 6, 2017
The company is not well run. Positions are received and kept based on who is best friends with managment, not merit. The company is run more like a high school than a business.
No Direction
Wholesale Underwriter (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 3, 2017
Th CEO will not address the continuing lack of production then sent out an email about looking to be sold. The AEs have no ability to produce any business but the CEO puts the blinders on and then they just lay off hard working underwriters instead of addressing the poor sales team. When I first started we had production and I think I have gone through 3 UW managers or something like that. Also Retail branches are leaving left and right. Poor systems and average compensation - don't see the long-term growth or even making it.
Pros
Management seems to actually want to help but not allowed to
Cons
No realistic vision, poor systems, poor sales
Does not offer permanent employment
Post Closer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 20, 2017
You will be laid off within a year of working for this company. They only offer temporary employment even though they do not tell you that at the time you are hired. I worked in the corporate office in Boca Raton, FL and they hired dozens of people in the year I worked there. After New Years Day, all of those people were terminated. Beware of this company
Experience at work place
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 18, 2017
My every day work was /is joyful. Working with great people at office.
Full supporting team of people in our branch and immediate respond from underwriting staff makes it easy to do business.
Company's communication works well.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Fast Pace - New Projects for a fast growing company.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Very fast pace. A lot of open minded peers willing to work together and problem solve. More than enough projects to assign to anyone willing to take owner ship in his/her department.
Good company
Senior FHA DE Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Management does not micromanage underwriters but is quick to communicate which is important when working remotely. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Able to work independently
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Great Indians, not so great chiefs
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 29, 2016
I love the people I work with, my coworkers. My issue is with how management views us. Either there is too much management involvement in day to day operations or not enough.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Compensation
Anywhere but ResMac
Mortgage Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLSeptember 15, 2016
Terrible management, processing has no customer service and they also do not secure sensitive materials such as borrower's personal information. If you value your personal information, go to another financial institution.
Pros
None I can think of
Cons
Non compliance issues everywhere
Growing Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 28, 2016
I enjoy working at ResMac. You can really step in and make a difference if you are eager. If you have an open mind, are great with people, love to be innovative and seek to be challenged - then this the place for you!
Pros
Great, dedicated people
2 systems
SVS Contractor (Former Employee) –  remoteApril 10, 2016
This company is not to bad ,but the training needs a lot of work its 2 different systems can be too much as times . I was told to run away
Official response from ResMac
March 27, 2017

Thank you for your feedback, its well taken. As we continue to seek out new talent, and grow we are making strides to enhance our training methods for 2017!

Remote DE Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 11, 2016
My Boss was wonderful to work for........there were changes made waiting to see how they unfold. Since it's a small company its has some growing pains that still need to be worked out.
Productive and calm call center environment
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 9, 2015
Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints. • Keep records of customer interactions or
transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken. • Check to ensure
that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems. • Determine charges for services requested,
collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing. • Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated
departments for further investigation. • Review insurance policy terms to determine whether a particular loss is
covered by insurance. • Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation
results or any planned adjustments. • Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills. • Compare disputed merchandise with original requisitions and information from invoices and prepare invoices for returned goods.
Mortgage Loan Officer- NMLS (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 12, 2014
Good company to work for and great staff. Working with Real Estate agents, cold calling, outside sales and closing new loans. I enjoyed working with everyone and growing our business. Young company and growing fast.
Pros
Sales
Cons
Health Care
Payroll and Account Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 10, 2014
I really like this place and the people I work with.
It is a fun place to work.
Everybody is very nice
Pros
1 hour lunch, bagels on fridays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ResMac. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9