ResourceMFG

ResourceMFG Employee Reviews

liars, lies and terrible client
welder fabricator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 30, 2015
I worked at ace world companies, through resource mfg. I worked there for 97 days was told I would be hired that they liked me and what I was doing, I was able to do the work with minimal coaching as I has been doing steel work for 10 years, they are understaffed so im thinking alright a fulltime job. well the very next day after I was told I was going to be hired, I got a phone call on my way home from work from resource that I was not to report to work the next day but I could come pick up my tools the next day. if you need a temporary job that you don't have to care about take this one, they don't care about you, and if you can do the work and not cause a stir they will work you for 90 days or so, them they let you go and get a new shipment of 2 or 3 guys, they are just using resource for labor that they don't have to be responsible for. its pitiful that any employer would treat real crafts people in this manner, if I was hired I would have been a rock star for them. CALLING ALL STEEL WORKERS......DO NOT WORK FOR RESOURCE MFG, AND STAY AWAY FROM ACE WORLD COMPANIES 201 w. quincy ave knoxville
Pros
was a paycheck
Cons
to much to mention
NO Communication! Lies
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILAugust 18, 2015
Work for local manufacturer driving a lift truck which was good work.
I tried to fix a pallet of caps that was 12 feet up on a second floor that someone else had put there only to find out the other person had broken the pallet and just left it there and I pulled the pallet out and the load just came tumbling down. 3 days later I was called and was told I no longer had the job and it really made me mad that I lost my job because of someone else's screw up! So I called the manufacturer to find out why and left a voice mail.
The manager of the local resourcemfg office told it was fine and she working on another position within the same manufacturer because everyone like my work ! After almost 2 weeks getting the run around I was told I could no longer be employed at tge manufacturer or resourcemfg BECAUSE I said the BS word on the voice mail I had left with the manufacturer 2 weeks prior! REALLY???
Pros
I thought were truthful people
Cons
lies, passing the buck, just BAD management!
Worst, dead end job ever
Shipping D-Shift (Former Employee) –  gunbarrel CoAugust 13, 2013
Horrible, dead end company. I was a temp for well over a year with no answer on whether I would be hired, and others have been temps for over 2 years. This posting is to actually fill the position they fired me from.They fired me once because my son had cancer, and it took me writing the President of the company just to get my job back, and that took 3 weeks just for that. The supervisors and higher staff don't really treat the temps like true employees and are unwilling to stand up for any of them when things go wrong. Personally, after working with this company as a temp for over 18 months, I would not recommend working with this company if you ever have any plans on going anywhere. Literally the worst, dead end job I have ever worked for. They are understaffed and don't care, and will lie to you about getting hired on daily.
Cons
working with the company
Tough environment
Production/ assembler (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCSeptember 10, 2014
I was sent to Benteler in Duncan through ResourceMFG! I don't have any real issues with them temp service it was more the environment of benteler that I didn't care! The job is rough for the little pay they offer, but it's impossible by any means! The process for training out their was not great! They do not rotate stations properly and don't want to let you come in extra days to train so you can rotate through more jobs! The line I was on was very rough on the hands and finger tips, will def cause carpal tunnel! The trainer I worked with most had a horrible attitude and was extremely rude! She would show me things one day and the next walk off from me and leave me on my own to figure it out! When I would ask for help she was just hateful!
Pros
potential hiring to company
Cons
low pay for the type of work, no paid holidays while a temp, barley get 40 hours
Overall "OK" Place to work
Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 19, 2013
Great place if you like corporate politics, and Management that doesn't listen. They tend to just patch things up rather than fix them. Also they "WILL NOT" reward the hardest worker but rather put someone who has been there the longest for "Convenience Purposes" even though they are not qualified for the position. Co-workers do not get along repeated arguments, lies and back stabbing. Even though they promote 5 values, Maturity, Integrity, Family First, Honesty, and Passion for our Business, they don't follow it PERIOD!!!!. The reason I stick around is, i'm hoping for change even though I know it will never happen. The most enjoyable part is the people I do get to help, and see them change their life by putting them to work.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
hostile environment, lies, and politics
Don't Waste Your Time Here
Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 20, 2014
Was called for a local welding job in the area that needed welders bad. Was told that the job paid over $20.00 an hour depending on Experience. Was told to be prepared to take a drug screen and fill out necessary paper work for the job. If everything was good would be given a welding test. I drove well over 100 miles for this. All that was accomplished was drug screen and paper work no weld test. Have had no response about the job after Negative drug screen and completed paper work. Very Poor communications for a staffing company! My suggestion to someone applying with this staffing company get ready for a big disappointment one big hassle !!!!!
Productive, nice co-workers,
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 27, 2014
Working for the staffing agent company was pleasant, but not what I was looking for exactly. The job requirements for the position where simply inputting data into the computer for track records for the supervisor. Following blueprints for design in molding fabrication using nylon coatings. My co-workers were good people helping me gain knowledge of the molding equipment and computer systems. The job hardest part was being productive with the amount of different items to be produced daily, which was simple in hand. Keeping busy throughout the hours of work is a quality I appreciated.
Pros
steady work
Cons
short breaks
Fun and interesting workplace
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Clinton, TNJuly 6, 2015
A typicle day would be packing and shipping pharmaceuticals. I Learned how to pack and ship correctly, and how to fix some of the machines used for work. Things would get out of hand sometimes but we always managed to finish the task at hand. Most of the workers we're cool you learned alot about being in the social life. The hardest part of the job was probably moving at super fast speeds while packing to getr ahead of the order and finish quickly. The enjoyable part was being able to get paid and know i worked hard for the money. Plus, getting paid every week.
Pros
getting paid for lunches and breaks
Cons
dealing with diff. attitudes
Hectic lifestyle
Staffing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, TNOctober 19, 2015
ResourceMFG is an alright company to work for. They spend entirely to much money on give away products rather than pay their employees well. I really enjoy the job though. It's a gratifying feeling to find someone financial stability. It is a fast pace environment that requires a lot of thought and patience. I have learned a lot about being able to really connect with someone on a personal level in order to find which is genuinely the perfect position. To many times though the company lets the fear of the positions not being filled override the need for doing the right thing for the individual.
Pros
Hour long lunch
Cons
Low wages
fake job postings
sucker (Former Employee) –  Longmont , CoMay 31, 2013
Applied for a job posting by Resource mfg. Set up an appointment to speak with someone at one of their offices that was 35 miles away.
Got to the office , did the paperwork, was asked what type of work I was looking for. I replied , the one that I applied for, and was told that position had been previously filled . When I asked the person why they didnt pull the posting after it was filled, i was told ," we do that to pull in more recruits". I called the main office and was told," thats not our policy and it must have been a mistake". That same job posting is still listed 45 days later.
Once in the web, there's no way out
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  SLC, UTJune 6, 2013
A staffing company should be able to move their people around when employee doesn't fit the job position or prefers other job.
Instead one gets locked down on a job and there's no way out unless you resign from the job without any guarantee to start elsewhere on listed jobs by Resource Mfg.
Resource Mfg takes their company and employer policies higher in value than the benefits of their employees.

Stay away from this staffing company, bad management.
Pros
fast job placement
Cons
no benefits offered, not even a paid day off
Productive, busy, and fast paced.
Staffing Performance Manager, Employbridge (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INSeptember 21, 2015
Check in with associates make sure they do not need help with anything. Speak with supervisors and line leaders to make sure employees are following instructions and are working up to the clients standards. Work on paper work and check in with employees periodically throughout the night.
Pros
Networking with different people, always something new to learn.
Cons
Not always being able to take lunch.
staffing agency
machine operator/helper (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2012
worked 7 months currently looking for employment.I worked rotating shifts changing every two weeks.A typical day at work for me was in fast paced environment which consisted of loading and watching the creel machine for wrap-ups/bad material coming through.Also assisted operator in daily operation set-ups,trouble shooting.Mechanically inclined person
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
short breaks, 2-5 min breaks, 20 minute lunch break
Horrible Management
Temp worker (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 25, 2012
Account staff will tell you what you want to hear; confirm to you, that you're doing a great job on a the long term assignment, that you are working,(and which you turned down other jobs for) then suddenly they call you, at night, at your home, and tell you, today was your last day. No explanation, nada. Don't trust 'em! They will rock your world, and do it, without a care in the world! signed... burned and still smokin hot!
Cons
too many to list here
High turnover.
temp (Current Employee) –  WythevilleOctober 17, 2015
New rules are being put in place to lengthen the temp employment period.I requested a dept. change after temp period .Told company does not do that.The turnover rate is very high.You have a 30 day period to learn the . position. After 30 days a second thirty days is given. After that you are out.Training is minimal and expectations are high.Good luck!
Pros
Decent pay.Good benefits.
Cons
Fast pace.minimal training.Below avg. safety, communication
Production Oriented
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAOctober 19, 2014
Typical day starts with hard work, continues after break with more hard work, and then ends with even more hard work. Most enjoyable parts of this job were taking breaks, because until break time, the work never lets up, and is fast paced. I loved it for that. Hardest part of the job was the odd shifts, but that wasn't as big a deal as some people made it out to be.
Pros
three breaks a day, paid lunch break.
Cons
12 hour shifts, low pay.
fun Environment
assembler/ sleeve checker (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 5, 2015
enjoyed working for otterbox great company great people and nice perks to the job. three days off a week unless there was mandatory overtime. great break rooms had BBQ when we did exceptional job and had hour lunches as a reward. 12 hour days went by fast because I was working hard all day long always busy.
Pros
three days off each week
Cons
overtime is always mandatory
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GANovember 22, 2015
Start with a morning meeting, then proceed to my work area, make sure everything is order before proceeding to departments to collect used totes, then proceed to the staging area, unload totes stack, wrap and then transport totes to empty trailer to transport to other plants for distribution.
Pros
Lunch card to purchase lunch.
Cons
No promoted on your experience
A nice place & easy going staff
Stacker and packer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 12, 2015
Great flexibility. Try accommondate all very good about returning phone calls during business hrs.plenty of hrs.learn be to open and management is attentive.
Pros
paid weekly & no pressure to accept assignment.
Cons
not everyone responds to ur text about the hrs u send in about the hrs u workrd.
pay less to the temps
Power Pressure Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXNovember 25, 2013
very huge company, but often lay off and also pay the temps very low when I was there in 2010 but heard they're paying more better now. they do not care about the temp but only do care about their parmanents
Pros
conducive environment
Cons
mean management