Resources for Human Development

Resources for Human Development Employee Reviews

Amazing workplace culture and working practices
Communications Internship (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Free lunch and learn
Cons: Compensation
As an intern, I gained invaluable experience at RHD. Every day at the office was a learning experience. Being a non-profit, RHD had implemented culture and values that was reflective in the employees working practices. The best aspect of working at RHD was high level of delegation and flexibility offered by supervisors. I had the privilege of witnessing my work on the company's website and see it being used. My fun, loving and super cool supervisors were the most enjoyable aspect of the job.
good
Client Fund Intern (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2015
my experience at resources for human development was more than amazing. I learned a lot from the people that worked there
New challenges every new day
Program Specialist (Current Employee), Nazareth, PAMay 27, 2015
Daily activities will change with each day. Love working with special needs and teaching and mentoring others. The toughest pat of the job is being on-call 24/7.
Pretty good place to work for my field of study.
Therapeutic Residential Specialist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2015
RHD is a highly reputable human resources, non profit organization. The experience and knowledge I've gained here is invaluable and I can take anywhere.
Great Leadership
Housing Support Specialist (Former Employee), Metairie, LAMay 10, 2015
Pros: Free benefits
Cons: Nepotism
Outpatient case management. Plenty documentation trainings. Loyal leadership. Compassionate team members. Room for advancement and salaries needs improvement
nice and comfortable environment working together to enhance the lives of the less fortunate
Case Worker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: comfortable environment
Working with the homeless was rewarding in helping them achieve life goals. This job was instrumental in giving assistance to those in need and that made the job rewarding for me. Co-workers all seem to have this objective in mind which made comfortable to be a part of the team
Hardwork pays off
Lead Staff (Current Employee), Nazareth, PAApril 12, 2015
I manage to double my salary with working so hard, and putting in many hours-it does pay off. I work well with my co workers, and my staff. My clients adore me, sometimes it can be a stressful job, but we have each others backs and are willing to step in if we another staff stressed out. Hardest part of the job is not taking the job home with you, most enjoyable part of the job is putting a smile onh your clients faces!
nice
Project Manager (Current Employee), Cordova, TNMarch 29, 2015
everything is good nice atmosphere you will enjoy and can learn a lot about the company and yourself. This company is mission driven, if you are mission driven then this is the company for you.
Great place to grow
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 17, 2015
This company gives you the opportunity to move up within the company. I go to college two days a week and the company works with my schedule, so I could obtain a degree.
Residential Advisor
Residential Advisor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 9, 2015
Residential Facility, Medication Administration, Skill building, Security, Case-Worker, Emergency Transfers, Hospitalizations,
mamagement
unit Director (Former Employee), Medford, MAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: flexiable work schedule
Cons: not enough good professional relief staff available
A typical day at work for me were to oversee seven houses. I usually would be on site to at least three of my houses per work day. I usually speak with staff and speak with some individual. It's usually a fun day because I get to find out what's going on in that individual's life and to see how they are accomplishing their goals..I also get to check in with the Site Managers and the staff to see if they need to talk with me about new medications, new job site, family and doctor's information, training of new staff etc...
Poor environment
Behavioral Health Consultant (Former Employee), York, PAFebruary 10, 2015
There was no support from administrative staff. The main office is in Philly and I was in York. The staff in Philly had no idea what was happening in the York office and made rash decisions based on what one person told them.
unprofesional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Metairie, LAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches from reps
Cons: bad benefits
different culture the owner and her husband the doctor will yell employees in front of everyone when they get mad instead of bringing the employee to the office if its my self its embarrassing if its other employee you feel very bad for them.
Good positive work place
Direct Specialist Professional (Current Employee), St. Peters, MOJanuary 27, 2015
RHD is a great place to work. It is a positive work environment, Everyone has great communication skills and everyone is great at working as a team.
Growing Company
Administrator (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEJanuary 25, 2015
Growing company, still changing and trying to improve. There are many wonderful clients that are fun and great to work with.
The company does good work in behavioral health and is making a difference in many peoples lives
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day at work I always try to displays initiative and enthusiasm during everyday work.

I've learned to always be enthusiastic, energetic and display positive behavior.

Management offers ideas to solve problems based on information and sound judgment.

My co-workers are always cordial and willing to help coworkers, and clients.

The hardest part of the job is that there is no accountability for individuals/clients who cause disruption.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I'm able to inspire others to do better.
watching movies, playing wii, games etc
Direct Staff (Former Employee), Nazareth, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: clints bday parties, company paties
Cons: violence
Greeting clients, assist in ADLs, driving clients to assigned that they program or doctors appointments. What you learn depends on the given day. Management was very good because the manager is hands on and caring of the staff. completed task a with co-worker as a team. Hardest part of the job is when a client has a bad day because are clients with mental disabilities. Most enjoyable part of the job is during community activities with clients.
RHD was a good place to work for. I enjoyed working with the clients and their families.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTDecember 30, 2014
Pros: had to travel, got lots of good job training, staff working together as a team, good working with the family members of each clients.
Cons: healthcare insurance could have been better, management and staff relationship could have had better communication.
I enjoyed my job when I was working I helped people who could not or had trouble taking care of themselves who had some kind of disabilities. I enjoyed shopping for them and taking them out in the community. There were some who were on medication and I made sure that they received them. Until I injured my back I had no problems. However I can no longer do this job and so I now need to change my career. I have had two back operations which has limit me in my movements. I took classes in medical claims and coding to obtain employment that I can do at home. I would like to do some cut and paste or the insurance claims. I have a computer and I have access to the internet. I would like if possible to be able to do this work from wherever I am at as long as I can get on the internet.
A good work enviroment
Residential Advisor/Direct Care (Current Employee), Medford, MADecember 17, 2014
A good platform for a beginner with room for advancement for employees
Fun and loving workplace
Residential Advisor (Former Employee), Wissahickon AveDecember 16, 2014
My experience at Resources for Human Development was a great one. It was family oriented with the best clients i have ever came across. My only problem was the pay and wanted to find a position with a course i completed.

1 2 3 4 5