Resources for Human Development Employee Reviews

It’s okay
Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 7, 2017
Add a favoritism and personal insight clicks which make environment airport and a time and stress. Lack of advancement unless you are in with the it crowd
Pros
Some fashions of the company are fair and understandable
Cons
Very cliquish type of environment which makes work
An amazing team
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 27, 2017
I worked with an amazing group of people there! The only thing that is disappointing is knowing that I will not be able to find a group of cool people to work with again. The team really looked out for one another and the supervisor at that time coached her team so well that several, myself included went on to take jobs at supervisory levels with other companies. The hardest part of the job was finding resources for the program participants.
Pros
Regular bonuses
Stepping Stones
Office Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2017
I work in a partial hospital for children. Where there is never a dull minute! I have been at STST for 10 years i love it the pay isn't that great nor are the benefits, but working and making a difference in the children of tomorrows lives makes it worth it!
Pros
Work with school schedule
Cons
Pay insurances
Great Parttime Job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 17, 2017
The hours were extremely flexible and the staff and clients were great to work with, but its not a job to live off of. The management is also very friendly and understanding.
Pros
Flexible hours and great staff
Cons
low wage
i like the work enviroment, team work
Care-tacker (Current Employee) –  Nazareth, PASeptember 29, 2017
we get to work we help each others as family when we get to talk about staff members, you learn about a lot of different cultures the only hard part at work is sometimes when you cant control certain behaviors but the majority are really easy to control and is really fun to work with the people here. management need a lot of structure, they work with a lot poor quality of knowledge on how to treat people of different diversities and places. they need to stop peeking and choosing who they like,and treat everyone the same. we are are humans and as humans we are supposed to be treat as.
Pros
team work
Cons
managment
RHD Review
Technical Service Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 8, 2017
The company has been undergoing re-structuring for the past 3 years, which is never a good sign. In 2016 management announced that they were overdrawn on budget by 2.5 million dollars, and all the departments will be asked to make cuts. The company used to be ran by what is called RHD values, but at this point in time these values are a joke. I have heard COO of the company Todd Silverstein at managers meeting openly say that the values are used by people to be lazy. If you have another job offer go there, if not, take the job and keep looking.
Pros
160 hours of PTO a year.
Cons
very low morale, constant layoffs, sub par benefits.
Opportunities
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 4, 2017
When is think of Resources for Human development what comes to mind is opportunity. When I interviewed with Human Resources for development I had no experience in the human service field and they gave me the chance by hiring me.
Pros
Good incentives
Cons
low pay, bad work hours
Great job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNAugust 31, 2017
I love working here it is a great company. They have flexible schedules and are willing to work with they employees. No micromanaging at all just do your job and you will have no issues
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
State investigations
Keep Looking
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Rather no sayAugust 31, 2017
This company is imploding. The founder was ousted. New CEO "restructured" for 4 years! It did not work. They still are "restructuring." They use it as an excuse.
Discrimmination, hostile work enviornment, harrassment, false claims, losing money, unfair hiring practices. Incompetant directors. No advancment or raises unless you are friends with EVP's or directors..Payroll is always messed up. Law suits pending. What a mess! Turnover high.They lose so many good people due to constant director changes and inability to supervise. The bottom line is money. This corporation is "To big to fail." Find a smaller non profit to work for. This CORPORATION is just that.
Pros
The people served. God help them.
Cons
Executives, directors incompetent
not happy here
Unemployment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2017
very flexible place to work in, can bring in children, but no room for growth. open space area no office or cubicles. no privacy or offices for management personnel.
Cons
no advancement or growth
Meaningful job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Nazareth, PAAugust 22, 2017
Great job work with people with intellectual disabilities. But not always great working with other staff.. great benefits and paid time off and overtime is always available
Pros
Always overtime
Cons
Not the highest paying job
N/a
Residential Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Nazareth, PAAugust 7, 2017
I have nothing to say. They are forcing me to write a review when I have nothing to say about this job except you do not get paid enough for the work that you do. You are expected to do so much for such little pay.
Excellent company! Will miss it!
Clinical Registered Nurse/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 3, 2017
Excellent company! Will miss it!
Excellent place to work for and great people to work with. Benefits are great also. Due to unforeseen our clinic was closed but will miss working there.
productive and fun environment to work at
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2017
working at RHD for the time that i was there was an amazing experience of my life. i first started as a 19 year old young man who was just really experiencing life. as my time with the company grew so did my maturity level. i would recommend RHD for anyone to work at
Learning to work with clients with mental disabilities
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 22, 2017
A typical day here at work can go both ways. Working with clients with mental disabilities can be hard for some people but I actually enjoyed majority of the years at this company. A typical day would include giving clients their medications on time, making sure they are completing all proper hygiene and safe living environments, going on outings, taking patients to doctor's appointments, and etc.
Pros
You got to learn more about these individuals, and were able to provide a safe living environment to clients to keep them out of mental instutions
Cons
Sometimes you do get things thrown at you and also many other things could happen
Fulfilling position that allows you to make a difference
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 5, 2017
This is a position in which you can help others become the better version of themselves and be as independent as possible. They provide a good training and does not require a lot of experience for the position.
Limited resources for the individuals in which i serve
Assist and advocate (Current Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJMay 22, 2017
Overall experience with serving the individuals in which I'm entrusted to serve, has been rewarding. I take great pleasure and joy in helping others reach there full potential.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Not much room for advancement.
Productive Workplace
Direct Support Person (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 8, 2017
It is a very nice company with nearly minimal requirements. Once approved, there is great job security. You are able to work overtime weekly which balances out the low wages.
Pros
available overtime
Cons
Low wages
good place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJMay 8, 2017
Great employees. the restructuring however was unexpected and not handled well. The pay could be better for the amount of work that a case manager handles.
Busy and supportive workplace. The staff was lively and very helpful. I gained more organizational, supervising and diversity skills and friends there
Children Interim Response Team (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2017
Pros
Free Lunch