Resources for Human Development Employee Reviews

great working atmosphere
Coach Supervisor, Unit Directorparound (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2017
Great place to work. Excellent environment. Professional atmosphere. Convenient and employee center. Great benefit package. Always opportunities for advancement and career development. Great location.
My day at work
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 29, 2017
My day at work varies from slow pace to busy at any giving time. I am doing what I love which is taking care of people. You have to be a certain person to work with mental health. It takes patience and understanding. I love my job.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
no lunch breaks
Pleasant atmosphere but no room for advancement
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 18, 2017
RHD is an okay place to work at. It give a person the opportunity to mesh and assist those who seek guidance and care on a daily basis. The consumers are the back bone of the agency, They have their own unique and colorful way of expressing their gratitude on a daily basis. RHD also has a varied mixture of people, (on the coworker) level that brings a uniqueness to each and every day. My only disappointment is that I have not been able to advance within the agency even though I have been there for 9 years and I have a Bachelors degree in Social Work.
Pros
Pleasant environment
Cons
no advancement
miss the company
care giver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2017
the staff there was so wonderful to work with and the owner was a very nice person to work for wish i could have stayed there with the company dune to family issues i had to leave
Pros
holiday party
Cons
the pay
Great team i work for
Intensive Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 2, 2017
I like the job, but it is time explore better opportunities. The one main reason i begin searching for employment due to not reaching any raises since 2012.
Pros
flexible and understand
Cons
No raise in the past four years
Chance to help youth in troubled city schools
Social Worker/TSS (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 29, 2016
good opportunity to work with kids and have a schedule based on school schedule and time. only downfall is constant change on office as far as management, no real way to advance in the company or stepping ladder. No benefits if your not full time staff which is weird because part time staff and full time staff have same hours during school.
You can grow fast
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Delaware, PADecember 28, 2016
I started working for this company in March of 2012 as just a Certified Nursing Assistant and Residential Aide. Within 2 yrs I was promoted to Lead Staff, then in a 3rd yr I was promoted to Assistant House Manager. There is a lot of potential to grow very fast in this company if you put your hard earn effort into it.
supportive team; however base pay not competitive with other companies
Lead Clinical Specialist-Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 19, 2016
A great work environment with an experienced team of professionals,. A wonderful place for new individuals to grow and develop. I would recommend friends and family to work at this company.
Great Community of Co-workers
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 28, 2016
Great place to work...good benefits. If you like helping people, this is the place to be. The staff is dedicated to making everyone around them feel comfortable and secure.
Make it work for you
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 23, 2016
Management can be lack skills depending on location. You have to be able to stand up for yourself to make this company a home. Overall average pay. Growth is possible.
Long and Difficult but rewarding
Group Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 17, 2016
I worked for 7 years for the company and simply I am glad to have been given the opportunity to serve individuals with developmental disabilities but the culture of biased use of cooperate guidelines as well as biased favoritism makes it very difficult to have a balance if you do not participate in the cycle
Pros
Excellent employees, Good Benefits
Cons
Long Work Days, Lack of support (if you are not apart of biased favoritism)
Fast paced work environment
Home Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 10, 2016
Fast paced work environment, can become very stressfull. High employee turn over rate. Need higher starting pay rate to attract better qualified employees.
Pros
Values based company
Cons
on-call 24 hrs.
It's a good experience working with the youth, and helping people because that's my passion
Life Skills Counselor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2016
The overall job experience is good, the workplace itself is not all that great. There are a lot of unfair things that happen there that I don't agree with. As for RHD itself it's a lot of resources they offer that are great so that's a good thing.
Pros
Building experience, working with different cultures etc
Cons
Unfair actions, employees slacking on their work
What happened in Louisiana
Crisis Residence Worker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 26, 2016
I worked for them for 18 months without ever being late or calling out sick and my reward was being laid off. The workers keep trying to tell management they were headed for trouble and they ignored us until corporate came in & told them resign or be fired- then they still got chance to leave before they came back & laid half of us off. The last 4 months I worked full time & overtime & still got canned.
Pros
Was best pay for psychiatric work in area
Cons
Lillte to no management except to ask people who did work to cover for those who wouldn't do work
Dedicated people working together to better the lives of those who are least supported in our communities.
Organizational Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2016
Proactive and Supportive Management and Leadership
Flexible hours
Robust Learning and Development for Employees
Exceptional CEO
Good coaching and mentoring support
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
Nothing but a tv with a yard. Could have more but theres a budget issue for the past 5 years.
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 18, 2016
Typical day without getting too much into detail is basically do what is asked. Its best if you ask no questions, just do it. Stay under the radar and you will be fine.
Pros
free lunch, sort of travel unless management doesnt go local. They only go out of state or country, the staff is good people.
Cons
Management rules but then work by values. Which entitles to team work and open communication.
Challenging work with little compensation and next to no recognition.
Mid Level Management (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 14, 2016
The Administration of this agency is highly toxic to workers, despite the population and clientele served being a highly rewarding and often appreciative group. Recognition for hard work is scarce and supervisors are to quick to fault staff, but unwilling to rise to the challenge to provide proper tools and training to these staff who are providing the most direct care (contact hours) to the individuals served. The results are a mixed bag of some really excellent care being provided on some sites, while others are regularly borderline abusive.
Great supervisors, horrible pay.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 6, 2016
Being a DSP requires a lot of compassion and sacrifice, both of which come with the position, however, none of the employees get paid what they deserve.
Fun place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 6, 2016
Everyday is exciting. Working with these individuals is very rewarding and appreciated. The management is competent and there is room for advancement.
Fair and Positive Place to Work
Clincian (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 2, 2016
Awesome leadership, salary, benefits and overall positive environment. Leader in the community for servicing individuals with mild to sever mental health needs
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Benefit Coverage