Resources for Human Development

Resources for Human Development Employee Reviews

good pay, hard job
Lehigh Valley Act , RHD (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PANovember 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: high stress, burnout, lousy management, unrealistic goals for clients and case managers
Job is not bad at first. Continues to get more difficult and corporate is unrealistic in expectations of what can be done with a severely mentally ill client. Decent pay, great coworkers, lousy management.promises made about raises that never came to fruition.high turnover.
Very informative
Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee), Dover, DEOctober 19, 2014
In my current position, I am able to make a difference in others lives.
enviroment is very friendly but u have to keep in mind the type of work ur doing so u know ur boundries
Therapeutic Residential Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2014
Cons: pay raises are few and far
Family like environment. The work is not hard. Training is very knowledgeable.
Unprofessional
Residential Advisor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: no prior training needed, several schedules to choose from
Cons: unprofessional leadership
Having been in corporate for quite some time, I've grown accustomed to a certain level of professionalism. Since being employed I've noticed a lot of laid back behaviors. It's just my opinion but I do think that management focus on the wrong things. When there are all staff meetings, I can't tell if I'm at work or if I've stepped back in time to middle school. Supervisors often play and joke in the most inappropriate times. When someone is attempting to be professional and address employees, they do it as though they are talking to a group of adolescences and teens. Then to top it all of cell phones are rarely on vibrate...It's just unprofessional all around.
Great working enviorment
RESIDENTIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: little to no supervison
Cons: pay
Co-Workers and management are very supportive. Great on going training and benefits.
Overall RHD was a great place to work .
Program Director (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 28, 2014
Cons: decentralization
High qualified professionals with a wealth of knowledge within the non-profit community .
Stay away
RN (Former Employee), Dover, DEAugust 15, 2014
Pros: autonomy, no nursing leadership to report to
Cons: no break, no time off, little pay for hours you are expected to work, poor team leadership
Recently worked at this location for several months. The persons in charge of the team is intrusive, condescending, refuses your request for time off and expects around the clock participation. Was asked to overlook good nursing practice and bend the rules to meet current demand. Stay away if you want to maintain skills and license.
For the most part a great place to work
Registered Nurse/ Case Manager (Current Employee), Dover, DEAugust 8, 2014
A great place to work if you don't want to keep your nursing skills up dated. Greta working hours and the people there are great. The population we served behavioral health visiting people in their homes or community and delivering medications.
Great place to work with opportunity for advancement
Case Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: company culture
Cons: contractual work
A typical day at work consisted of being a life coach to welfare recipients. In addition to providing said recipients with job placement and development, we also taught and developed job skills workshops.

Resources for human development has a unique company culture that encouraged my leadership style. During my tenure at RHD, I learned the value of hard work and perseverance. Within the span of six months, I was promoted from an administrative assistant to a Case Manager Trainee. I also learned that I find immense gratification in helping others better themselves whether it be finding a job they really want or accomplishing their goals in life. Being a part of the success of others is the greatest gift.

The managers in RHD were very supportive and growth-oriented and valued their employees enough to provide them with opportunities for advancements and bonuses.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who had the "welfare mentality" These individuals didn't know any other way to provide for their families and finding ways to change their outlook on life was the most challenging, but exhilarating aspect of my Case Manager Trainee position. As for the most enjoyable part of the job, I would have to say it is being a part of the solution and helping people achieve goals they thought they would never achieve. Additionally, I found researching solutions to individual's problems to be a very exciting aspect of this job.
fun workplace, exciting clients,
Residential Aide (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: growth, raises, bonuses, outings, and experience
Cons: no breaks and on call
fun and exciting place to work,my clients were great, co workers and supervisors were awesome,there were no hard jobs,everything was fun and exciting
Excellant work enivironment
Behavioral Health Worker-Interventionist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: beneifits and quality management
Cons: to many fee for service positions
The quality of care and dedication of the employees make this a great place to work.
Busy
Unit Director (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: able to help so many people obtain housing, jobs andin touch with family life
Cons: not enough time to handle individual issues/needs
Very busy environment that requires 24 hour coverage. Great team players.
nice
Fiscal Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Cordova, TNJuly 3, 2014
I admire my job. its a fun and laid back environment. i like my co-workers. sometimes it can be stressful
Rewarding work place
Residential Aide (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2014
Pros: laid back atmosphere
Cons: i never knew what to expect day to day
R.H.D. was a rewarding job for me as I like to help otheres. My co-workers were friendly, and the clients were a pleasure to work with
fun
Accounting Clerk- Central Office (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 27, 2014
It was a good work environment. I grew in the company and definite room for advancement, just have to find how to advance.
HOW I DID THE JOB AT HAND
R.H.D.NEW START PROGRAM RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2014
HELPING A PERSON WITH THERE PROBLEMS ON DRUGS AND ALCOLHOL.THAT THERE IS HELP FOR THE ADDICT WHO IS SEEKING TO LIVE LIFE WITH OUT THE DRUG OR ALCOLHOL.I DID MANAGE TO GET THROUGH TO MOST OF THE CLIENTS AND STILL TODAY THEY ARE CLEAN AND DRUG FREE AND MAKING ALL THERE N/A AND A/A MEETING .CO-WORKING WERE SOME OF THE BEST PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET AND STILL TODAY WE STILL TALK ABOUT STILL KEEPING A POSITIVE MIND.THE HARD PART OF THE JOB WAS NOT BEING ABLE TO GET TO A PERSON THAT IS HURTING AND NOT WILLING TO OPEN UP AND ASK FOR HELP.KNOW THAT I GOT THROUGH TO SOMEONE.
Great experience to have under your belt
Residential Staff Support/ Staff Lead (Current Employee), Nazareth, PAApril 13, 2014
Pros: different work environment, laid back and, a great experience
Cons: hours, no room for advancement, and high turn over rate
This is definitely an organization full of amazing, different people. Culturally, intellectually and wise.
Short term on call employee
RESIDENTIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2014
Pros: joy in helping others.
Cons: day to day assignments varied....uncertainty as to where future assignments would lead me!
Great joy in supporting adults and children in areas of time management, life skills and acceptable conduct and behavior.
High level of autonomy; advancement opportunity in Philadelphia area
Creative Arts Therapist / Behavior Specialist (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 30, 2014
This is a company you can be proud to work for--they're the best in the area at what they do. Client care comes first. Benefits are not that great, especially for a large, established company, but pay is slightly higher than average in the field. Work can be difficult but rewarding. Variety of work sites throughout Delaware, but far more in the Philadelphia area.
Productive work enviorment
Residential Advisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2014
Assisit mental health clients with their daily living skills

Resources for Human Development Salaries