Resources for Human Development Employee Reviews

The company does good work in behavioral health and is making a difference in many peoples lives
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day at work I always try to displays initiative and enthusiasm during everyday work.

I've learned to always be enthusiastic, energetic and display positive behavior.

Management offers ideas to solve problems based on information and sound judgment.

My co-workers are always cordial and willing to help coworkers, and clients.

The hardest part of the job is that there is no accountability for individuals/clients who cause disruption.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I'm able to inspire others to do better.
watching movies, playing wii, games etc
Direct Staff (Former Employee), Nazareth, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: clints bday parties, company paties
Cons: violence
Greeting clients, assist in ADLs, driving clients to assigned that they program or doctors appointments. What you learn depends on the given day. Management was very good because the manager is hands on and caring of the staff. completed task a with co-worker as a team. Hardest part of the job is when a client has a bad day because are clients with mental disabilities. Most enjoyable part of the job is during community activities with clients.
RHD was a good place to work for. I enjoyed working with the clients and their families.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTDecember 30, 2014
Pros: had to travel, got lots of good job training, staff working together as a team, good working with the family members of each clients.
Cons: healthcare insurance could have been better, management and staff relationship could have had better communication.
I enjoyed my job when I was working I helped people who could not or had trouble taking care of themselves who had some kind of disabilities. I enjoyed shopping for them and taking them out in the community. There were some who were on medication and I made sure that they received them. Until I injured my back I had no problems. However I can no longer do this job and so I now need to change my career. I have had two back operations which has limit me in my movements. I took classes in medical claims and coding to obtain employment that I can do at home. I would like to do some cut and paste or the insurance claims. I have a computer and I have access to the internet. I would like if possible to be able to do this work from wherever I am at as long as I can get on the internet.
A good work enviroment
Residential Advisor/Direct Care (Current Employee), Medford, MADecember 17, 2014
A good platform for a beginner with room for advancement for employees
Fun and loving workplace
Residential Advisor (Former Employee), Wissahickon AveDecember 16, 2014
My experience at Resources for Human Development was a great one. It was family oriented with the best clients i have ever came across. My only problem was the pay and wanted to find a position with a course i completed.
It is an ok place to work
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Nashville TennesseeDecember 10, 2014
Pros: the joy of helping the individuals we serve
Cons: pay is not really well
RHD is an ok place to work. I enjoy my job when working with the clients we serve and helping them achieve their goals. The hardest part of the job is not having enough support from management. The most enjoyable part is knowing that I am helping someone in need.
As below
Residential Support Staff (Current Employee), Bethlehem,PANovember 27, 2014
Pros: yes, we prepare meals and eat together as a family.
Cons: na
My day at work depends on the shift, This is an open policy company. It is very difficult to single out the Director from other employees. The Director sits together with other supervisors in the same open office. Employees are friendly and assist one another as need may arise. The hardest part of the job is when I want pass a message to a consumer but realize that the consumer is not verbal. I just feel that I am not worth working around.

I love working with young and difficult consumers because they believe that I understand their problems because of my age.
enjoyable work enviroment
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Port Richey, FLNovember 7, 2014
Good company to work for. Bosses strive to make it a good place to be.
Great job!!!
INTENSIVE SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Metairie, LouisianaNovember 5, 2014
Pros: fexibile time, breaks (as needed), and time off
* We dealt with high-risk clients who were for the most part in crisis situations daily. It was our job to diffuse the crisis in the community.

* I learned to be ready for what life throws at you any given day.

* Provided the necessary support as required.

* The unknown elements that exists within crisis situations.

* Seeing successful implementation of goals and outcomes.
good pay, hard job
Lehigh Valley Act , RHD (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PANovember 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: high stress, burnout, lousy management, unrealistic goals for clients and case managers
Job is not bad at first. Continues to get more difficult and corporate is unrealistic in expectations of what can be done with a severely mentally ill client. Decent pay, great coworkers, lousy management.promises made about raises that never came to fruition.high turnover.
Very informative
Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee), Dover, DEOctober 19, 2014
In my current position, I am able to make a difference in others lives.
enviroment is very friendly but u have to keep in mind the type of work ur doing so u know ur boundries
Therapeutic Residential Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2014
Cons: pay raises are few and far
Family like environment. The work is not hard. Training is very knowledgeable.
Unprofessional
Residential Advisor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: no prior training needed, several schedules to choose from
Cons: unprofessional leadership
Having been in corporate for quite some time, I've grown accustomed to a certain level of professionalism. Since being employed I've noticed a lot of laid back behaviors. It's just my opinion but I do think that management focus on the wrong things. When there are all staff meetings, I can't tell if I'm at work or if I've stepped back in time to middle school. Supervisors often play and joke in the most inappropriate times. When someone is attempting to be professional and address employees, they do it as though they are talking to a group of adolescences and teens. Then to top it all of cell phones are rarely on vibrate...It's just unprofessional all around.
Great working enviorment
RESIDENTIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: little to no supervison
Cons: pay
Co-Workers and management are very supportive. Great on going training and benefits.
Overall RHD was a great place to work .
Program Director (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 28, 2014
Cons: decentralization
High qualified professionals with a wealth of knowledge within the non-profit community .
Stay away
RN (Former Employee), Dover, DEAugust 15, 2014
Pros: autonomy, no nursing leadership to report to
Cons: no break, no time off, little pay for hours you are expected to work, poor team leadership
Recently worked at this location for several months. The persons in charge of the team is intrusive, condescending, refuses your request for time off and expects around the clock participation. Was asked to overlook good nursing practice and bend the rules to meet current demand. Stay away if you want to maintain skills and license.
For the most part a great place to work
Registered Nurse/ Case Manager (Current Employee), Dover, DEAugust 8, 2014
A great place to work if you don't want to keep your nursing skills up dated. Greta working hours and the people there are great. The population we served behavioral health visiting people in their homes or community and delivering medications.
Great place to work with opportunity for advancement
Case Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: company culture
Cons: contractual work
A typical day at work consisted of being a life coach to welfare recipients. In addition to providing said recipients with job placement and development, we also taught and developed job skills workshops.

Resources for human development has a unique company culture that encouraged my leadership style. During my tenure at RHD, I learned the value of hard work and perseverance. Within the span of six – more... months, I was promoted from an administrative assistant to a Case Manager Trainee. I also learned that I find immense gratification in helping others better themselves whether it be finding a job they really want or accomplishing their goals in life. Being a part of the success of others is the greatest gift.

The managers in RHD were very supportive and growth-oriented and valued their employees enough to provide them with opportunities for advancements and bonuses.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who had the "welfare mentality" These individuals didn't know any other way to provide for their families and finding ways to change their outlook on life was the most challenging, but exhilarating aspect of my Case Manager Trainee position. As for the most enjoyable part of the job, I would have to say it is being a part of the solution and helping people achieve goals they thought they would never achieve. Additionally, I found researching solutions to individual's problems to be a very exciting aspect of this job. – less
fun workplace, exciting clients,
Residential Aide (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: growth, raises, bonuses, outings, and experience
Cons: no breaks and on call
fun and exciting place to work,my clients were great, co workers and supervisors were awesome,there were no hard jobs,everything was fun and exciting
Excellant work enivironment
Behavioral Health Worker-Interventionist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: beneifits and quality management
Cons: to many fee for service positions
The quality of care and dedication of the employees make this a great place to work.