Resources for Human Development Employee Reviews

Great job values, must love what you do.
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2015
The program it self has such great values. It doesn't ay much for the position, and could use more structure for planning ahead to be more prepared working with residents. would recommend fulltime for a person with flexible hours and part time for those who can do on call or few days a week.
Pros
Residents, giving counsle to save lives.
Cons
low pay, have to find your own coverag, poor planning for activites
Great place to work, but mentally exhausting and not very rewarding
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PAAugust 5, 2015
The upper level management is really pleasant, and they treat workers well. The type of work just wasn't my cup of tea, very exhausting for minimal compensation.
Productive work environment
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Branford, CTAugust 4, 2015
Its an entry level work place where you can enter without experience and step by step get experience in the field. A typical day at work is coming in helping my client with there everyday living skills and taking them out to appointments and keeping to there schedule.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Theres not alot of advancement at this particular workplace
Hard work but very rewarding.
Assistant House Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 29, 2015
Working at Resources for Human Development is very rewarding but the management is not profesional at all. Also, the compensation is not condusive to the amount of work required.
Amazing workplace culture and working practices
Communications Internship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 2, 2015
As an intern, I gained invaluable experience at RHD. Every day at the office was a learning experience. Being a non-profit, RHD had implemented culture and values that was reflective in the employees working practices. The best aspect of working at RHD was high level of delegation and flexibility offered by supervisors. I had the privilege of witnessing my work on the company's website and see it being used. My fun, loving and super cool supervisors were the most enjoyable aspect of the job.
Pros
Free lunch and learn
Cons
Compensation
good
Client Fund Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2015
my experience at resources for human development was more than amazing. I learned a lot from the people that worked there
New challenges every new day
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nazareth, PAMay 27, 2015
Daily activities will change with each day. Love working with special needs and teaching and mentoring others. The toughest pat of the job is being on-call 24/7.
Pretty good place to work for my field of study.
Therapeutic Residential Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2015
RHD is a highly reputable human resources, non profit organization. The experience and knowledge I've gained here is invaluable and I can take anywhere.
Great Leadership
Housing Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 10, 2015
Outpatient case management. Plenty documentation trainings. Loyal leadership. Compassionate team members. Room for advancement and salaries needs improvement
Pros
Free benefits
Cons
Nepotism
nice and comfortable environment working together to enhance the lives of the less fortunate
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 16, 2015
Working with the homeless was rewarding in helping them achieve life goals. This job was instrumental in giving assistance to those in need and that made the job rewarding for me. Co-workers all seem to have this objective in mind which made comfortable to be a part of the team
Pros
comfortable environment
Hardwork pays off
Lead Staff (Current Employee) –  Nazareth, PAApril 12, 2015
I manage to double my salary with working so hard, and putting in many hours-it does pay off. I work well with my co workers, and my staff. My clients adore me, sometimes it can be a stressful job, but we have each others backs and are willing to step in if we another staff stressed out. Hardest part of the job is not taking the job home with you, most enjoyable part of the job is putting a smile onh your clients faces!
nice
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNMarch 29, 2015
everything is good nice atmosphere you will enjoy and can learn a lot about the company and yourself. This company is mission driven, if you are mission driven then this is the company for you.
Great place to grow
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 17, 2015
This company gives you the opportunity to move up within the company. I go to college two days a week and the company works with my schedule, so I could obtain a degree.
Residential Advisor
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 9, 2015
Residential Facility, Medication Administration, Skill building, Security, Case-Worker, Emergency Transfers, Hospitalizations,
mamagement
unit Director (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAFebruary 12, 2015
A typical day at work for me were to oversee seven houses. I usually would be on site to at least three of my houses per work day. I usually speak with staff and speak with some individual. It's usually a fun day because I get to find out what's going on in that individual's life and to see how they are accomplishing their goals..I also get to check in with the Site Managers and the staff to see if they need to talk with me about new medications, new job site, family and doctor's information, training of new staff etc...
Pros
flexiable work schedule
Cons
not enough good professional relief staff available
Poor environment
Behavioral Health Consultant (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 10, 2015
There was no support from administrative staff. The main office is in Philly and I was in York. The staff in Philly had no idea what was happening in the York office and made rash decisions based on what one person told them.
unprofesional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAFebruary 4, 2015
different culture the owner and her husband the doctor will yell employees in front of everyone when they get mad instead of bringing the employee to the office if its my self its embarrassing if its other employee you feel very bad for them.
Pros
free lunches from reps
Cons
bad benefits
Good positive work place
Direct Specialist Professional (Current Employee) –  St. Peters, MOJanuary 27, 2015
RHD is a great place to work. It is a positive work environment, Everyone has great communication skills and everyone is great at working as a team.
Growing Company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 25, 2015
Growing company, still changing and trying to improve. There are many wonderful clients that are fun and great to work with.
The company does good work in behavioral health and is making a difference in many peoples lives
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day at work I always try to displays initiative and enthusiasm during everyday work.

I've learned to always be enthusiastic, energetic and display positive behavior.

Management offers ideas to solve problems based on information and sound judgment.

My co-workers are always cordial and willing to help coworkers, and clients.

The hardest part of the job is that there is no accountability for individuals/clients who cause disruption.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I'm able to inspire others to do better.