Resources for Human Development Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place to work while persuing a career
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of administering medicine. Getting consumers to participate in activities. Promote healthy living, like eating right & keeping house clean. I learned how to deal with people according to their specific needs. My house manger was very nice & respectable. My co-workers grew to be like extended family. The hardest part of the job would be trying to calm down certain consumers once they started to act out. The most enjoyable part was being able to feel like i made an positive impact on consumers i came in contact with
Pros
Activities almost every week
Cons
No break period, Healt care options not too good
typical day
Life skills and job coach (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 12, 2016
helping better the lives of clients with disabilities for the most part it was a fun experience I liked the people I worked with but when I was let go I didn't like the way they did it after 4 years just dropped me like nothing because my client moved to work with his family at a different company
Pros
gas paid for
Cons
managment
Production Work Place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 1, 2016
Great Company to work for and lots of opportunity for growth. The work schedule was flexible and the dress code was very accommodating. Family oriented business and they really do help people.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Productive and fun workplace
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 28, 2015
"One big happy family" RHD is a place where a small amount of time spent can make a huge difference. This is rewarding work.
Progressive and innovative organization
Unit Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 22, 2015
RHD is a large national non-profit based in Philadelphia, Pa. RHD has more than lived up to its own established reputation for relevant and progressive approaches in support of individuals with numerous physical, mental and intellectual disabilities.
Pros
Very Flexible work schedule
Cons
Extremely decentralized resulting in complex communication dynamics
Enjoyable work environment
Residential Assistant/ Community Supports Person (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 21, 2015
RHD is a nice place to work at to get your foot in the door of in home care employment. It is a place that gives room to improve and to grow in this career field.
decent stepping stone to something else
Manager II position (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 5, 2015
very unorthodox type of work place. can consume most of your time making it hard to balance family and work time. Fairly huge company that expands north south and west of the U.S. The office was very unstructured and chaotic. Due to very little follow through and the disconnect between upper management and direct staff, opposition would frequently be the outcome. Very high Turn over rate and very low success rate pertaining to staffing and clients being intergrated back in to the community as independant
Pros
flex time for management, lots of overtime
Cons
zero follow through on structure, high turn over rate, little to no success on intergrating clients back into the community as independant citizens
N/a
RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2015
Their an okay company to work for. They have issues just like any other company that you work for. They don't have a lot to offer when it comes to trying to work full time.
work
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Defuniak Springs, FLNovember 10, 2015
clients were easy to work with. the employees were hard to work with the employees dont get alone very well at all you are not give enough hours.
Corporate Restructuring or Reshuffling
Budget Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 25, 2015
After several years of service in a mid-level management positon, RHD has entered into a restructuring that unfortunately looks like it will result in more of the same. The corporate values are well formed, but the adherence to a balance of those values remains management's biggest struggle. Movement towards the restructuring began, but little has been provided to create an environment in which people feel they have a place when the dust settles.
Pros
37.5 hour work week in corportate office
Cons
bureaucratic and reactive management
Not Productive
Direct Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 10, 2015
This is a terrible company, low rated in the pay area....no grounds of leadership as well as not carrying for the employees.
Very Rewarding but sometimes unproffessional
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville,TNSeptember 28, 2015
A typical day at work for me is very rewarding. I start my day off with paperwork, scheduling and taking care of the individuals I serve. Afterwards, we are taking the individuals into the community to reach their personal goals. I have learned so much working in this field such as, time management, better organizational skills, and patience. I would rate my management a 5 out of 10 due to lack of organization and professionalism. I get along with my co-workers very well and try to be a very approachable manager myself. Sometimes the hardest part of my job is the sometimes unproffesionalism from management. My job is very rewarding because of the individuals I serve.
Very talented staff who worked with artists with disabilities to become a bigger part of the community
Program Manager/ Off-Site Supports (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 25, 2015
All the staff are not only amazingly talented in their line of work, but compassionate as well. Staff work side by side with the adults supported to encourage confidence in their work and the ability to let it be seen and appreciated by the public.
Pros
Learning from each other (both from other staff and supported artists)
Cons
Company politics. But this can be expected in an ever expanding company.
i love to work with client they learn hand on skills
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNSeptember 24, 2015
I have learn so much in this field working with clients and co-worker I love my job I wish they pay better my co worker is so wonderful we are a team player we go extra mile to get job done its all about making client happy.
Pros
we dont eat free lunch we do take breaks with client
Cons
we dont take breaks
RHD review
Miniversity, Instructor, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2015
Great job with empowering Leadership. The agency is progressive and offers employees opportunities for advancement. The work experiences at this agency help further develop my skills.
Behavior Health
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2015
I learned a lot in the Behavioral health field and how to managed troubled kids and teens. I enjoy making a difference in minority students lives and letting them have someone to relate to. Based on my own experiences, I notice students benefit from all talented personals, who are committed teacher to them, regardless of their race/ethnicity. I myself have seen that when school personnel themselves are from historically under-represented racial backgrounds or low-income families, they can have a particular impact and are more persuasive with students regarding the potential for success in education and in life. I am committed to ensuring that there are significant representation of African American Latino or Hispanics, and individuals from low-income backgrounds that are successful like myself and want to pass my knowledge to those like me.
People who share the racial and/or economic backgrounds of our students can also be particularly influential in the long-term push for societal change, because of their rich perspective
and credibility, and because their leadership in and of itself demonstrates the value of that change.
Poor management team, lack of support
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 8, 2015
I was promoted after 6 months at RHD but their was no training involved for my new position and a lack of consistency, support, and professionalism amid Administrative staff.
Family based , Team Orientated early Intervention
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaSeptember 5, 2015
Fun and understanding work place. Willing to help with any issues that arise. Solely focused on helping families and children in need. Also put's employee's needs first, very flexible and good compensation.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No Healthcare for certain staff
A very friendly atmosphere
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 4, 2015
I enjoyed the one on one customer relationships I built while working at Commerce Bank. I enjoyed working with money and being able to assist customers with any transactions and any questions.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Very little pay.
Good Job overall
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 1, 2015
A typical day consisted of coming in making sure the clients where OK. I take dinner out for the night. i go to the clients room make sure room was up to standards. then sit with client until dinner time cook him dinner feed him ad wash dishes. i wait till a certain time get the client ready for a shower and his medication. I get him ready for bed and start my progress report for the day and wait for the next shift to begin.
Pros
taking care of others
Cons
more money

Resources for Human Development Reviews by Location