Resources for Human Development

Resources for Human Development Employer Reviews

Been through challenging times
Paraprofessional/ House Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: working with my clients
Cons: a lot of micro management/ no raises
Monitor Residents with severe mental illness in a supervised living facility. Administer medication, provide transportation tp appointments, asssit with cleaning, documentation and monitor for safety at all times.Ive learned to never judge people with any tyle of illness. I dont always agree with management. There are to many supervisors which cause – more... confusion and causes a breakdown in comminication. The Newer employees dont like to work. They just come and collect a check the seasoned employees work hard. The hardest part is the communication breakdownand the most enjoyable are my residents. – less
Great Company to work for, it was just unfortunate that the program contract did not get refund.
Unit Director (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2014
I found the company to be very rewarding, helping people with a criminal background to gain employment.
fun environment
STS Worker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2014
Working with children can be stressful, but most times it was a fun environment
Excellent
Program Director (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: values
Cons: values
excellent and values driven company where everyone has the right to input ideas
Case Management
Housing Support Specialist (Former Employee), Metairie, LAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: minimal community resources
Case Management

Provided community outreach to consumers receiving housing assistance.
Great site for job searching
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PaJanuary 2, 2014
RHD is great networking organization. RHD is a great organization to work.
Satisfactory
Group Home Counselor (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLNovember 29, 2013
Pros: the training
Cons: the low pay
The type of training classes I had there and certifications earned.
Great working environment
Community Care Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2013
Everyday was unpredictable working for R.H.D. but I enjoyed helping the community the most. The people I worked with were awesome and very supportive as a team.
Very personal experience, Teaching others how to adapt to life everyday needs.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 9, 2013
worked with clients that had mental conditions really learned alot about there conditions and treatments.
Operations Manager- FaSST/Connections (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 2, 2013
This is a very great place to work, very friendly people as well to an awesome open environment.
Excellent opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those you serve.
Sheltered Workshop Unit Director (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2013
Pros: decentralization of authority
Cons: unethical practices
Decentralization offers independent decision making and staff development opportunities. Hardest part of the job was change management. The most enjoyable part was providing growth opportunities for staff and making a positive difference in the life of program participants.
Interactive friendly work field
Residential Advisor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2013
A typical work day consist of giving out medications and assisting individuals with daily living. Helping them to wash clothes, cook meals, and clean their house. A lot of opportunities to help others and be helped.
too much micromanagement from a distance
management (Former Employee), Harvey, LASeptember 21, 2013
Pros: some co workers were great to work with
Cons: no support from colleagues!!
This company is a uprofessional poor company to work for. First off your will be doing 20 positions instead of maybe 2 for the pay. No advancement unless you're apart of the click . If you're not willing to join the girls club and be ugly towards staff then you might as well lay down and die cause after that the girls club will be after you!!!
Corporate – more... office pushes using the "core values" for staff to mainly be "creative" ha! You better not cause its a waste of your time don't believe them fake jokers.
I've never worked with group of bad people!!!! You are responsible for staff you have to hold their hand from the time they walk in the office until they depart from the job. You work 7 days a week and can't be granted vacation after being employed 8 months no response just ignored paperwork so unprofessional!!!!!
I don't know about other locations but the Harvey location don't consider employment RUN!!!!! As Fast As You Can!!!! – less
Fun place to work.
Case Manager (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaSeptember 17, 2013
This was one of the best places that I have every worked. I learned my case management skills when I worked him. The supervisor was the best and the coworkers were good. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was the togetherness of the staff.
easy going place to work
A/R Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: no dress code open door policy
Cons: some negative attitudes
no micro-managing there. Everyone was very nice. so sorry it was only a temp job. would have stayed if was hired
Unique organization nestled in the Germantown community.
Budget Analyst/Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 7, 2013
RHD, Inc. is part of the thread of Germantown, PA . It is one of those ideal organizations to work for outside of college. Everyone has a cubicle irrespective of position. The founder does not believe in having an office - creates a barrier.
Job Satisfaction
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PASeptember 4, 2013
I did not like working with this company, very unprofessional.
great experience
Case Manager (Former Employee), philadelphia,paJuly 7, 2013
My only complaint with this place is that they don't give raises.
RHD
CLINICIAN/ACT TEAM CASE MANAGER (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 25, 2013
A typical day at work was pleasant. I learned lots of hands on clinical skills. My boss is an awesome teacher.
Great Group homes Horrible ACT/ICM teams
ADL counselor and then Addiction Specialist (Former Employee), Wilmington DelawareJune 15, 2013
Pros: "consumers" and plenty of money
Cons: poor organization, negative work environment, no life!
I started at RHD in a group home. I had many med errors and so I was dumped into a new group home where I was not wanted. The assistant director was sexist, racist, and made me feel very uncomfortable. Other people have left because of him. I was so desperate for a job so I didn't sue him. I came to be loved there and had NO med errors for some reason! – more... My group home sadly closed down but I was offered a position as an addiction specialist for the ACT/ICM team in Wilmington. I loved the "consumers." The other employees were not bad people but we all were so miserable so we couldn't stand being around each other. The whole program was horribly set up. We did not have a building! We started working out of a basement of a group home. They had no idea what they were doing and so I had no idea what I was doing. Consumers didn't even know they were transferred to our program. They were very upset and not happy with our program. So much neglect and hospitalizations happened as a result of this. I tried my best to just use my knowledge as a counselor but I was the ONLY person doing therapy. The pay was great so I tried so hard to stay. Most of the day was spent running around the county delivering meds and checks. Meds and checks. Meds and checks. I worked 10 hours a day and had no time to do notes. I wanted to kill myself. This was the only job I have ever walked out on. The team lead quit soon after I left as well. The only reason that they are still in business is probably because the state doesn't know what to do with all of these consumers. I feel awful for them. – less