Respiratory Health Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Poor Follow Up
RRT (Former Employee) –  NaplesJuly 10, 2014
I was hired as a PRN Respiratory Therapist in Naples FL/Fort Myers FL. The hiring process was very time consuming along with many trips to the nearest nursing home for a UA, and a 2 step TB test, I understand this needs to be done, but very confusing going to a nursing home center for this, when you arrive no one knows what you are there for. The orientation was a day long in the Tampa Headquarters, which was great, but really did not go over the paper work or the time sheet which they are expecting you to know when you do go to a facility, the process is confusing. Giving people hand outs and sending them on their way is a bit much. Once you leave orientation, your on your own, their is no direction. The manager is under the impression that if your a RT you automatically know Exel on the computer and know their paper trail? They are under the impression everyone has Excel and can use from home...which you will not be compensated for. Overall I put roughly 20 hours into this position between running around for pre-employment requirements, online home yearly requirement, a drive to Tampa for orientation and believe I was compensated for 5 total hours. Not even counting the emails, text messages and phone calls and storage of equipment.

Hoping things would change, I would periodically email the contact person to see if there were hours, sometimes she would respond, sometimes she would not. Sometimes her responses were nothing but rude. I also was given equipment to have on hand which I stored in my garage, a compressor a CPAP machine and tubing/mask. I asked several
  more... times what she wanted me to do with this and wanted her to be aware I had it. Her response was so rude, RETURN EQUIPMENT to such and such. I phoned her nothing, emailed her nothing. The following day, got a letter the position was dissolved due to lack of worked hours. My thoughts on the return of equipment were would if I hurt myself moving this, how would I ever be compensated for this, I was not an employee? I requested a driver to pick up at my home, Human Resources response was that I would be held responsible for that equipment (I didn't ask for it to be sent to my home...) They eventually said they would send boxes for me to ship, again my time and energy packing up the stuff and no compensation, the funny thing is the gal that was more than rude to me had the nerve to send me a email asking for my address HELLO contact HR, seriously! I eventually returned the equipment to the local nursing home just to be done. Now I see this add.

Regardless, if there was a personality conflict or they were not wanting me to work for them, Management honestly should have contacted me, not continue to lead me on thinking something would change as far as work. They also should not had allowed me to store their equipment in my garage for over a year. I should send them an invoice for storage fees of their equipment.

Serious issues, be careful and do not fall prey to thinking you will work, you will not or will be very little!
Pros
Cons
Read my review
more down at night, working at your own pace
Respiratory Therapist, ICU (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Teaching new nurses about the ventilators, shared responsibility with nurses to ensure good patient care. The load was medium, ordering supplies, updating assignments. The facility was small but our outcome of weaning was successful 80% of the time. Working with rehab, transports. Everyone down to housekeeping was very friendly and we made our night fun and taking care of the patients
Pros
medium work load, team palyers
Cons
too far to travel, no compensation for travel
Good compensation but lots of travel
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAMay 8, 2013
Good company to work for when there is work. Traveling required sometimes in excess of 100 miles each way.
Pros
Work by yourself. good pay
Cons
Lack of hours to work
yep greta
Respiratory Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 31, 2012
great has some bad but its ok we have to learn how to call and send and help therapist
Pros
yep
Cons
u have to drive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Respiratory Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

1.7