RESPONSIVE EDUCATION SOLUTIONS Employee Reviews

Outsider
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 31, 2017
IF you don't go to church 3 or 4 times a week, they make you feel like an Outsider. Cubicle style office and very loud. Very tense environment. Have meetings every week and discuss the same things. Nothing ever get resolved.Waste of time.
Pros
Cons
everything
helped me get into the job field that I wanted, that's about it.
undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 27, 2017
RES helped me get into my current field by hiring me with no experience which is about the only good thing I can say about them outside of my department. In the time that I've been with the company they have made it harder and harder for the us to get our jobs done. We are constantly completing jobs in spite of the people in charge. Instead of promoting the person who actually runs the department and makes sure everything is done properly, or hiring an experienced individual to be head the department they continue to move or promote individuals who have no clue to what they're doing to be in charge of the department and over pay them as well. In the time I have been here there have been five different people placed in charge of my department and only one was truly qualified to run it. This is not just in the department I work in but a company wide epidemic. They do not care about their employees or putting out a good product as long as they're making money. The company is run by an executive team who has no business running a company and would not be executives any where else. If you are not one of their friends you are not likely to get promoted and if you are and are not very good at the job they hired you for they will just move you around the company after each job you screw up or HR complaint which ever comes first. The pay scale is not even and fair across the board. Benefits are mediocre.
Pros
not thinking of many
Cons
almost everything
Excellent opportunity
SPED Teacher (Current Employee) –  TxVaFebruary 5, 2017
Responsive Ed is a great company to work for. They are growing and there is opportunity to learn many aspects of education. Directors are smart and hardworking people who really inspire people to do their best. It's a very hard job, working online, but very rewarding.
A very learning but exhausting and stressful experience.
Child Nutrition Program Food Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2017
The students are always the most fulfilling part of working for a school but the disorganization of this employer put quite a damper on things. As with most things..the first priority is getting funding to run these schools with the most minimal number of employees as possible. This also made it difficult to enrich the programs the school offered because there was not going to be any extra hands on deck to make them successful. I had grand ideas beginning this job but they faded quickly when I realized they weren't going to happen because the company wasn't going to hire the necessary people to advance the lunch program...or any other program for that matter.
Pros
Interaction with the students
Cons
Too much stress for the pay. Benefits were too costly family plans.
Disorganized mess
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX 79703December 7, 2016
My supervisor (the principal) made her own rules, which included early dismissals when her and her boyfriend got in to an argument, gave test answers to students, and threw baby showers for students during class times.
Not Much Room for Advancement- A good place to start.
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2016
Over two years I have seen a 50% turnover rate. The salary is far lower than other districts. Not enough resources to deal with special needs students. Management sometimes has meetings to figure out how to discourage students with special needs from attending their school. Special Education micromanaged too much! Co-workers are very friendly and want to work with special education.The most enjoyable part is working with the students. They are amazing!!
Pros
Small class size
Cons
Trust The Special Education Teacher! Follow our Advice!!
It's a great starting place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 7, 2016
It's a great place for beginning teachers, and those looking to learn hands on. The pay could be better, but then again, the work environment and stressors would be horrible.
Pros
Great environment, opportunities to learn
Cons
Salary
Local school was great, corporate wasn't very supportive.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Elgin, TXFebruary 23, 2016
I loved my students, the teachers and staff on the local level, but felt somewhat belittled by the corporate workers. No change for advancement.
Pros
Local teachers, staff, students, and parents.
Cons
Terrible benefits and pay, expecially for teachers with masters and years of experience.
Flexibilty
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 17, 2015
This opportunity provides a teacher with flexibility and an alternative to a brick and mortar setting. TRS as well as health insurance options are provided.
Good small family environment at my school
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2015
I enjoy working with my students and seeing how much they can grow within a school year. The company overall tries to offer a private school environment at no cost.
Pros
great student teacher ratio
Cons
salary
it's okay
Communication Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 24, 2015
A typical day is I start by checking voicemail messages that we have received after hours. I call those inquiries and answer their questions and enter their information in salesforce. I call leads,who are inquiries that are wanting more information about schools and our programs. I also enter their information into the computer. I also chat with inquiries that are interested in our school as well. I help fill out applications. The management is okay I believe their needs to be more communications. There really isn't a hard part.
Leading provider of public charter schools in Texas.
Director of Community Relations/School Development (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 19, 2014
Great company with a great mission. Working with people who are motivated to improve the lives of others through education is a wonderful experience.
Responsive Education Solutions
Writer/Editor/Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 24, 2014
I wrote, edited, and proofread curriculum. There was way too much pressure for the salary. For instance, we were told we needed to complete the writing of a unit (about 20,000 words) in 10 days. These units were to include information that was researched according to state standards, plus 2 to 3 quizzes, a practice test, a test, an answer key, and a test key. Most of the time, units were not done that quickly, but the pressure was always there.

Most people at this company are hired and promoted because of their relationships with others in the company, not because of their skills. Therefore, a lot of politics go on. If you are not part of the "in" crowd, you are looked down upon and not included.

The most enjoyable part of the job was trying to provide the best, most interesting material for the students. The hardest part of the job was not agreeing with management about the quality of the curriculum provided to the students. They always wanted shorter units to save money and eliminated questions that would prompt critical thinking, which is a goal of most educators.
Pros
Not having to work overtime but sometimes I could not sleep due to work pressure.
Cons
Very small raises. Some years there were no raises at all and when they occurred, they were very small.
I made friends that I will have for life. Some great people worked there.
Special Services Coordinator/ Special Ed. Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 28, 2014
RES is a growing company with a multitude of changes taking place. I learned a lot about organizational management and having to include all stakeholders when you plan for the greatest success.
Good coworkers, great environment.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 7, 2013
RES was a great place to work, good coworkers, nice environment, and a great school. I mostly processed orders and worked with the campus and vendors. The hardest part was just the monotonousness of some work and the most enjoyable part was working with the different schools and the accounting department.
Pros
Great People
Cons
In Lewisville
Positive company witht he best interest of today's youth in mind when it comes to their education.
Director of Health and Safety (Current Employee) –  Lewisville TexasOctober 15, 2013
This is a wonderful company that has put their best foot forward in helping students attain their education and getting them onto the right path and building a foundation for their college degree. This is a company where it is one team with the same goal in mind, the students. Daily work here is not like any other company I have worked at and it is a place where you want to come in and do you job and you leave being fulfilled with the tasks accomplished. I enjoy seeing all of the work that we as administrative personnel do in action on our campuses.
Pros
Great people and great work enviroment.
Cons
Racist and Unfair place to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 10, 2013
Your pay is based on who you know and not what you know. Unethical practices to call themselves a "Christian Based company". Nepotism runs rapid at this place. When you have the Director of HR and her son in law is her boss, how is that not going to be personal. Several unqualified individuals in management positions. Do not choose to work here!
Pros
Christmas party
Cons
unethical, nepotism
Great co-workers and supervisors, learned a lot, good company.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 17, 2013
Typically I would aid the purchasing department by processing orders and speaking with campuses and vendors. At other times I would help file or do other projects. I learned countless accounting basics, how to use Serenic and Share Point, and I worked and interacted with many great people. The management was very nice and interactive. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was trying to work with everyone to make sure the furniture orders we were working on for new campuses were completed and on time. The most enjoyable part was being able to help all of the people at the campuses, and be an aid in Responsive Ed's extremely busy summer months.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RESPONSIVE EDUCATION SOLUTIONS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9