RESPONSIVE EDUCATION SOLUTIONS Employee Reviews

Leading provider of public charter schools in Texas.
Director of Community Relations/School Development (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXNovember 19, 2014
Great company with a great mission. Working with people who are motivated to improve the lives of others through education is a wonderful experience.
Responsive Education Solutions
Writer/Editor/Proofreader (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 24, 2014
Pros: not having to work overtime but sometimes i could not sleep due to work pressure.
Cons: very small raises. some years there were no raises at all and when they occurred, they were very small.
I wrote, edited, and proofread curriculum. There was way too much pressure for the salary. For instance, we were told we needed to complete the writing of a unit (about 20,000 words) in 10 days. These units were to include information that was researched according to state standards, plus 2 to 3 quizzes, a practice test, a test, an answer key, and a test key. Most of the time, units were not done that quickly, but the pressure was always there.

Most people at this company are hired and promoted because of their relationships with others in the company, not because of their skills. Therefore, a lot of politics go on. If you are not part of the "in" crowd, you are looked down upon and not included.

The most enjoyable part of the job was trying to provide the best, most interesting material for the students. The hardest part of the job was not agreeing with management about the quality of the curriculum provided to the students. They always wanted shorter units to save money and eliminated questions that would prompt critical thinking, which is a goal of most educators.
I made friends that I will have for life. Some great people worked there.
Special Services Coordinator/ Special Ed. Teacher (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXApril 28, 2014
RES is a growing company with a multitude of changes taking place. I learned a lot about organizational management and having to include all stakeholders when you plan for the greatest success.
Good coworkers, great environment.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXNovember 7, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: in lewisville
RES was a great place to work, good coworkers, nice environment, and a great school. I mostly processed orders and worked with the campus and vendors. The hardest part was just the monotonousness of some work and the most enjoyable part was working with the different schools and the accounting department.
Positive company witht he best interest of today's youth in mind when it comes to their education.
Director of Health and Safety (Current Employee), Lewisville TexasOctober 15, 2013
Pros: great people and great work enviroment.
This is a wonderful company that has put their best foot forward in helping students attain their education and getting them onto the right path and building a foundation for their college degree. This is a company where it is one team with the same goal in mind, the students. Daily work here is not like any other company I have worked at and it is a place where you want to come in and do you job and you leave being fulfilled with the tasks accomplished. I enjoy seeing all of the work that we as administrative personnel do in action on our campuses.
Racist and Unfair place to work
Teacher (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: christmas party
Cons: unethical, nepotism
Your pay is based on who you know and not what you know. Unethical practices to call themselves a "Christian Based company". Nepotism runs rapid at this place. When you have the Director of HR and her son in law is her boss, how is that not going to be personal. Several unqualified individuals in management positions. Do not choose to work here!
Great co-workers and supervisors, learned a lot, good company.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXAugust 17, 2013
Typically I would aid the purchasing department by processing orders and speaking with campuses and vendors. At other times I would help file or do other projects. I learned countless accounting basics, how to use Serenic and Share Point, and I worked and interacted with many great people. The management was very nice and interactive. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was trying to work with everyone to make sure the furniture orders we were working on for new campuses were completed and on time. The most enjoyable part was being able to help all of the people at the campuses, and be an aid in Responsive Ed's extremely busy summer months.