Ressco Employee Reviews

Excellent Pay Horrible Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westland, MISeptember 21, 2017
Ressco offers free housing after 90 days of employment , and a review. The trick is you may not last 90 days! The on site Manager's are horrible and lazy and ride your back like a Warden. Sometimes free cost too much. It pays well but you walk through fire to recieve the benefits part of it all. If you're not a boot licker then Ressco is not the place for you! It's alot of favoritism and treating employees poorly. The on site Manager's are HORRIBLE and rude!!
Pros
Competitive Wages
Cons
Taking the bull by the horns! This company has hit the floor running!!
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2017
I am really excited to be a part of this team! The Ressco team has shown nothing less that true professionalism and courtesy to their employees and tenants. There are going to be some major renovations and upgrades to this older, neglected community in the very near future and I am proud that I will be a part of its new and IMPROVED image and growth!!
Pros
Hourly Pay Is Awesome!! Only 1 Saturday required per month!!
Cons
Some Saturdays Required.
Hard work is rewarded by RESSCO, a company that values its employees!
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 22, 2017
I have worked for RESSCO for over two years and have seen the company grow by leaps and bounds. Since being hired, I have received two promotions.

RESSCO absolutely acknowledges their employees who put in the time and effort.

The atmosphere at their properties and corporate office is nothing but professional.

Employment benefits meet and even exceed expectations with their bonus programs.

If you are looking for a challenging career in which your ideas and insight are respected, look no further.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Potential for Growth, Great Employees
Leasing office with a positive and efficient staff who are friendly and respectful to each other.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 21, 2017
A typical day at work for me involves handling the responsibilities of managing an apartment community while meeting the needs of prospects and residents who come in throughout the day.

I have learned a lot about property management and how it functions and I look forward to learning much more!

The management team at RESSCO has been instrumental in making this the company I undoubtedly want to be a part of. They always stop to help me no matter what they have going on. It's easy to feel confidant knowing my mentors will be there every time I need assistance. When mistakes are made they show me the correct process kindly and without criticism.

While Capitol Village cultivates an easy going office atmosphere, every team member has a common goal to do the best job possible and make our community a great place to live. We all firmly believe our work is a representation of ourselves and sharing and this core value enables us to come together and efficiently handle whatever the day brings!

The hardest part of this job is finding time to complete my office work while being frequently interrupted and taken to the task of assisting residents and prospects.

Aside from my amazing team, what I love most about this job is constantly learning new things in an industry that I find challenging and exciting. Because I came from a job where growth potential was non-existent I truly appreciate being given the opportunity to set goals for myself and then work to achieve them.
Pros
Being in a career field I truly enjpy, awesome co-workers, mental stimulation, room for advancement, great benefits, being valued and respected as an employee
Cons
Sometimes working Saturdays
Excellent place to work with an opportunity to grow with the company
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westland, MIJune 9, 2017
Ressco has been in business for over 13 years and during this time has grown with exponential growth. The staff is very patient with both the staff as well as the residents. Ressco is a company that does not hesitate to reward hard-work. Compensation and benefits is above average, the staff is superb both at the corporate level and in the field. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to excel in their field.
Pros
Great benefits, pleasant work enviroment
Cons
Excellent place to work..
Unit Turn Tech (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 8, 2017
I currently work at a Large Apt/Townhouse community. Ressco is a results driven company with room to grow, since I've been here seen some promotions. They empower their employees, trust their judgement and reward good results. One of the biggest things that impress me is they actually ask for and listen to their employees opinions and do their best to implement them.

Its understood a good team is a productive team, and things are done to achieve and keep culture thriving.

Being on maint staff I have everything I need to do my job, If they dont have it, we need it, they get it...Mgmnt does an excellent job in keeping up with supply demand and replenishment.
Pros
empowerment, trust, teamwork, rewards for goals achieved
Beware!
Assistant Manager/Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 19, 2017
Do not work for this company! I filed a harassment claim and they ended up firing me. Horrible company who do not care about their employees and apparently not a lawsuit either.
A Great Growing Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 14, 2017
I have worked for Ressco for 3 years and have witnessed their incredible growth recently. This is a great company to work for that rewards those who work hard and deliver results. The Owner is smart, hard working and in my experience has always been fair. The Owner's wife leads the HR Department. They are both class acts that are fair and generous. Both are dedicated to their company and their employees. Great opportunities for career growth if you are a hard working, results oriented employee.
Ressco was very unique place of employment
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIDecember 30, 2016
Owner heavily rely on emails and conference calls to lead, can't pay its bills, quick to fire, poor hiring practices HR is run by spouse/mechanical engineer, Owner/GM makes it hard to do job, Over assignment of work. Administrative nightmare. Leadership wasn't the best.
Pros
Comp Pay
Cons
Horrible Leadership, Very Clickish Environment
Stressful environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 7, 2016
Bad management,Regional manager constantly yelling and screaming to employees and residents.They don't provide any training for advancing opportunity. Maintenance shop is lack of materials all the time.

Want to know more about Ressco?

Ask a question
Growing Company and Fast-Paced Work Environment
Management (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 24, 2016
RESSCO is an exciting, fast-paced, growing company that demands focus, commitment, and dedication from its team of employees. Team members are rewarded for their hard work through generous compensation and career advancement potential. Due to our tremendous growth, every member of the team must be committed to delivering results that contribute to the bottom line every day. If you are looking for a place to hide out, go unnoticed, and play on your phone, this is not the place for you. If, on the other hand, you have the drive and dedication to succeed, and thrive on delivering results, RESSCO would love to hear from you.
Pros
Growth/advancement potential, Fast-Paced Environment, Compensation, Great Co-Workers
Cons
None, unless you like to spend your days on Facebook and Twitter.
Growing Company that Values Employees
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 4, 2016
In response to the poor reviews left by a former employee that was terminated within 90 days, it is necessary that RESSCO respond so others will not see the review and take it as fact.

The facts are that RESSCO is a company that has been in business for over 13 years. We have grown consistently over the last 13 years from $1 million to $30 million in annual revenue and from 2 to 90 employees. RESSCO is still growing and expanding our services in Michigan and beyond. We reward employees that work hard and deliver results. We also hold employees accountable that do not work hard or deliver results; however, we are always fair to our employees. That is how the company has grown over the last 13 years - honest, hard work, fair decisions and well compensated employees.

Those that have worked for a growing company understand that the entire team wears multiple hats and you must go above and beyond your job function to deliver results. Moreover, lack of consistent effort gets noticed quickly at a growing firm. If you are playing on the phone and getting paid for it, it will get noticed and it will not be tolerated. So, someone who finds it easy to play on the phone or search the internet while working for RESSCO is obviously not doing their job and will be reprimanded or dismissed at some point. An employee that embraces RESSCO Core Values and delivers results will succeed and be rewarded.

We try to choose those individuals that will help RESSCO grow and thrive and in turn we provide excellent pay, benefits, and growth opportunities.

If you are an individual
  more... with these values, we welcome you to apply for any open positions with RESSCO.  less
Fifth Worst Place To Work For In Meto Detroit
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 24, 2016
A high conflict work environment. A high volume of low grade tasks. General manager/owner screams, yells, ignores, berates, and belittles employees. Stressful.
Pros
Competitive pay and benefits if you last that long, no structure or oversight, easy to play on phone and watch tv if you get bored or fed up with owner/GM erratic behavior
Cons
Bad company, owner/GM relies heavily on email and conference calls to lead, can't pay its bills, quick to fire, poor hiring practices, employees hate owner and his wife, HR is run by spouse/mechanical engineer, Owner/GM makes it hard to do job, Over assignment of work. Administrative nightmare.
Daily basic Maintience which includes doing services work orders,meeting different people,cleaning and prepping empty units for Resident move in's
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MINovember 25, 2012
I am a hard worker,self-motivated,team player with great work ethics. I am also a fast learner who takes pride in my daily duties.