We are seeking an energetic self-motivated individual with strong leadership skills for our restaurant and catering venue. The selected candidate will take the lead on influencing menu design, coordinating all restaurant, catering and banquet functions, budgeting food and labor costs and maintaining order in a fast-paced and busy environment. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who is not afraid of a challenge and who wants to find a company to grow with.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have a high level of cooking skill on all stations and ability to run all kitchen equipment. Assist with food prep & production as needed
- Ensure compliance with all company food recipe standards.
- Taste test daily all soups, sauces and line products. Review finished products prior to leaving kitchen. Maintain an exceptional production knowledge and attention to detail with decoration and taste quality.
Maintain a hygiene level required by the local Health Department and ensure that food sanitation, safety and proper food handling functions are practiced on a daily basis.
- Provide fine guidance and leadership to all restaurant and catering employees. Communicate efficiently and effectively with chefs, employees and management.
- Keep the interest of the guests in clear focus while performing duties.
- Weekly payroll for kitchen staff
- Write schedules for the kitchen staff
- Inventory & order all kitchen related operating supplies
- Inventory & order all kitchen equipment and supplies
- Set up and maintain vendor relations
- Linen and uniforms for kitchen staff
- Invoice processing
o Monitor price increases/decreases using Cheftec
o Track purchases/food cost using Cheftec
- End of the month inventory
o All food and beverage items in the restaurant are counted/weighed after lunch on the last day of the month
o Counts are entered into Cheftec by restaurant admin and checked by Executive Chef before handing in to GM
- Oversee all food preparation & production
o Monitor food quality
o Monitor food quantity for both eet restaurant & catering
o Oversee breakfast & lunch service
o Oversee ordering of daily food items
- Responsible for kitchen cleanliness & sanitation issues
- Weekly Market menus to be written & ready on Wednesday AM for the following week. Menus rotated on a 90 day basis (4 weeks 3 times)
- Write all catering menus
- Write all menus for special events
- Organize, prepare & execute all private events, on and off site
This is not an office position. This is a hands-on position that requires active, vigorous leadership, someone who doesn’t themselves need direct supervision. Expected to spend time in direct involvement with the team members. Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines with particular attention to detail.