Restaurant Associates

Restaurant Associates Employee Reviews in United States

Decent job with a good work/life balance at CxRA
Butler (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2016
One of the best things about working for Restaurant Associates is the flexibility. Each employee fills out their availability online, and is then offered work for those days. A typical shift is usually between five and ten hours. I have never had to stay later than the time I agreed to originally.

There is a strong sense of teamwork among the butlers. This makes events run efficiently and fairly. The captains do a good job of keeping the butlers informed on what their job responsibilities are for each event and what we should expect the day to look like.
Pros
Flexible schedule and good pay
Cons
Head supervisors are not always receptive or responsive when you turn to them with an issue
Very professinal
Chef (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2016
Very stable company to work for. I learned a lot about systems and how to effectively use them. For the most part, the hours are very stabilized and conducive to family life, also a good quality of life.
Pros
M-f normal hour work week
Cons
commute
Worst Job Ever
Assistant Manager/Cashier/Cook/ Stocker/Inventory (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 26, 2016
The company isn't bad. It is the management they put in charge that is drowning their company. Management are very shady people who alters times to make it seem like you didn't work long hours, so they don't have to put out so much money. This company is going the book to get people fired or quit.
Cons
over worked less pay
ugh
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 23, 2016
Numbers over service needs

out on a thursday bc of inventory....client wasnt happy

BUT service always came first over anything else...big perk
Love and Hate
Lead Catering Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2016
Restaurant Associates is one of the biggest leading hospitality companies in the united states and yet the Pay is Poor and of course your doing so much more than what your job title entails. your yearly raise ranges from 23 to 50 cents Never a whole dollar. I adore my coworkers and if it wasn't for them i wouldn't know how to survive. A few months ago i LOVED this job but being told i have what it takes to be in a much higher position and see nothing progress is frustrating
Pros
family oriented
Cons
The Pay is Poor
NMAI Washington DC
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 26, 2016
My overall experience was great. I learned on the job about how to handle a cash register. I also learned barista skills. Nice clean environment.
Pros
Free food, plenty of time to stop and rest..
Cons
If they tell you they hired you for full time, you'd better double check, you could just be seasonal and they will throw you out.
good place but managment sucks
prep cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2016
there is a huge amount of favouritiesem. the managers help everyone but you can see more comunication with there friends and they help them the most. the coworkers are all nice they understand what it means to work there and what is needed of them.
Fun filled work place.
Cashier- Helps (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 8, 2015
Management was very understanding.
Interactions with associates from Capital One while servicing them was a good experience and helped out with my customer service skills.
Pros
Meal Plans
Fast Past Enviornment
Pantry Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2015
management team is not as strong as it could be. Staff does not get to go out for lunch, standing long periods of time, not allowed to request days off, even when working more than eight hours you can not have more than a 30 minute break. my overall rating is 5
Pros
Great schedule and weekends off
Cons
not very good managment
Its like working with family with the co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 30, 2015
The most enjoyable part was interacting with managers, learning from them. I had to move from MA to NJ, but the companies are sisters; Restaurant associates is under the management of Compass group. The bottom part is that they both are hospitality business.
Pros
Employees discounts, free lunch
Cons
Healthcare, etc
sucked
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 25, 2015
worst company to work for hate it. management sucks. low pay. over worked. trash garbage. garbage garbage garbage garbage.
Pros
Cons
everything
My job is my safe haven.
Cook (Current Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJSeptember 6, 2015
This place is my garden. I love coming to work no matter what day will bring. This place is my sanctuary and I can do this place with my eyes closed. I work well with my co-workers and team work is at its best. We get things done and we go above and beyond to please our client.
Productive and fun envirnoment
Dining Room Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 1, 2015
I loved my coworkers, love the people I served daily. The environment was challenging and management was supportive. The staff was friendly and motivating. I was sad to leave.
Pros
Loved it here!
Cons
I moved
Structure & support in a corporate environment
Corporate Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2015
RA was the best career path I could have had as I graduated college. I typically would start my day with breakfast service at 7am. Typically, my day was over after lunch by 3pm. Special events and dinner was planned ahead of time. On those days I was scheduled late to make sure all production was managed correctly. RA was amazing because the structure was so specific and there was someone at corporate that you could contact to answer any question one may have if your supervisor couldn’t handle. My favorite aspect of working with RA was opening new branches. Being asked to work with corporates executive team to re-create our standards for new units in NY and NJ was very fulfilling. I would love to work with RA again.
Pros
structure
Cons
salary
Good People
Senior Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2015
Busy days, good coworkers, enjoyed the diversity and liked the benefits. The hardest part of the job is the long commute.
Slippery Slope
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  1 bryant parkJune 30, 2015
Working at my current job is a constant roller-coaster. The wheels are all there but when the team fails to proceed with caution the whole ride is a mess. Fro starting my day at 730 am to my ending work day at 430, there is a consistent strain on authority and the team involved. However I have learned enough in my position to perform simple tasks and even picked up speed; the most enjoyable part of my job is when I'm able to clock out.
great company
Assistant Supervisor of Catering Dept (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2015
good company great place to work and grow. A lot of places world wide. Company does major events as tennis , and other things such as movies screenings.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
alot of work
receiver/supervisor
RECEIVER/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2015
my job as a supervisor includes preping food for turnout of service, receive and stock food, vendor/ inventory management, transport food to various venders, maintain proper sanitation requirements according to establishment and health regulations
Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stocker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2015
Great Place to work at. awesome people great managers and great hours if you have young children that need attending too.
I work with a professional team in a highly structured and energetic business environment.
DINING ROOM CAPTAIN/WAITER (Current Employee) –  New York, N.Y.March 12, 2015
The level of activity is fast-paced from early morning throughout evenings. We provide service for the primary executives and clientele for many diverse functions including meals, parties, media forums, town halls, and many types of meeting events.
This job has provided me with immeasurable experience within the corporate sector. The management team and my co-workers are dedicated professionals who work harmoniously in striving for service excellence. While the job is at times physically demanding, the product result is more than rewarding.
Pros
weekends free
Cons
there is no real growth opportunity

Restaurant Associates Reviews by Job Title