RESTAURANT ASSOCIATES

RESTAURANT ASSOCIATES Employer Reviews

Productive, fast pace, family based enviornment
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch, health benefits, union
Cons: short breaks
Working with restaurant associates has helped me grow as an individual but as well as a professional level. Being a cashier meant interacting with customers everyday all day. This helped me build my confidence in building relationships with our customers as well as clients. I began to understand their needs and provide them with what they wanted before they can even ask. This was good for business because their transactions would not take long, we also knew our customers well enough to know what they wanted. My co-workers helped me improve with my patience as well as being able to become a team player in any environment I might find myself in. The hardest part of the job was leaving. I would have been more productive in a more challenging position. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and being able to turn someone's day around with a smile so that they'll be able to return the next day.
There are difficult moments.
Chef (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: i can work right through and work to completing my tasks.
Cons: late nights are affecting my health in a few areas and marriage life.
I will have to take some responsibility in the present state of what I think of the company but wholly, I am not one hundred percent happy. I am working now with my second Executive Chef, he and I do not see things in a like manner. I am working on this but I do know that being on the overnights for fours years now is having a major affect on me physically, emotionally as well as mentally. To clear that last word usage up. I mean I am not very happy because don't have to energy to cope with things that seem to be unfair. It is also damaging my family life which I miss so much. I have made mistakes but I have also owned up to them as well. I would like to say more but to do so is to complain. I well stop now. Much of what I do I production for the next breakfast and lunch service. The new chef sees that my work load is not much so now I do much of the cleaning along with the second shift chef. I will say that I am being challenged by the new chef and this I like, a little. The way in which he approaches is off putting to most. I let much of the way he speaks slide past so I do not react to quickly. Many of my co-workers are friendly people but others aren't true to their word. The hardest part is coming in to a kitchen that I have to clean when many things should have been handled sixteen hours before my next shift. One of the true thing I enjoy is the quiet of working at night but I am really to leave.
Pleasant and challenging
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 8, 2014
Friendly coworkers, good atmosphere, caring boss, fast paced but rewarding.
Learned so much
Line Cook (Former Employee), BaltimoreOctober 2, 2014
I loved that the menu changed every day and the staff was excellent.
a lot of people
Utility Worker (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2014
i work with thousands of people each day i also work around the congress men he co workers i work with are friendly and good i learned better costumer service skills but overall its a good work area
Great schedule for employees
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Provided superior guest service, friendliness, and restaurant cleanliness using restaurants systems and routines
duties also include clean dress code on daily basis/Proper table setting/Proper serving service/team work and partnership/ food knowledge
Exciting Opportunity to work at US Open
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 8, 2014
Very hectic, but challenging. Great experience to learn the food industry in an exciting environment.
Best Bar tending position
Bartender (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: ability to create signature drinks
Cons: no window or view in my work area.
A typical workday included stocking the bar service area and preparing drinks in a fine dining bistro restaurant. Loved the environment, loved the staff and the workday was fairly busy and profitable.
Fast pace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 10, 2014
Pros: meeting and greeting customers
Cons: no advancement
Making sure my cash drawers were correct and accurate at the beginning and ending of my shifts. I got along well with my co-workers. the job wasn't difficult for me. I love the fast pace environment.
Fun, Challenging, and Demanding to be in the food service business.
Multi-Unit Retail Manager at World Bank Group (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free food depending on the food service account. the ability to work with a diverse workforce.
Cons: work life balance is difficult to manage as a manager.
The company provides extensive opportunities for career advancement through training courses. Overall, senior management provides coaching, mentoring, and career growth.
Night Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2014
Great place to work. Staff, co-workers and management are great. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Cashier, Catering Assistant, Restaurant (Former Employee), jersey cityMay 30, 2014
Pros: fair treatment, pleasant environment, reward and appreciation
I love to work here. I was let go and rehired at another unit, They treat you with respect and offer lots of benefits to staff
learning experince
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 12, 2014
Pros: love working with other and meet new people
Cons: long hours
Restocking,cashing out customers cleaning, safe control, inventory, daily cash drops
Proactive,Consistent,and Productive
Host (Former Employee), Atlanta,GaApril 9, 2014
Pros: great pay, excellent staff
Cons: no set schedule
The Restaurant Associates team was excellent and professional i gained an excessive amount of training and knowledge while being of the team.
enjoyable work environment
Duetsche Bank Executive Dining Room (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 6, 2014
Great place to work. had to leave to be closer to home and pursue to another opportunity.
Restaurant Associates
Event Hostess (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 16, 2014
fast paced environment.
Ability to lift, carry, and balance objects.
Expanded my cooking skills
Cook (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2014
Prepared different ethnic dishes for US open and JFK airport.
Excellent Employer
Bartender (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Many and great opportunities within the company. Very structured, and well rounded source if you're a person looking into being part of the Food & Beverage Industry.
Company could use improvement
Barista (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 26, 2014
Co-workers are nice and friendly to work with. Management doesn't make me conformortable working there. Conflicting guidence and treat their employees terrible. .
Fun place to work
Bartender/Waiter (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2014
Enjoyed working there but need a change. Learned the ins and outs of catering, customer satisfaction and commitment to quality.

1 2 3 4

About RESTAURANT ASSOCIATES

Capital Restaurant Concepts operates about a dozen upscale dining establishments in Washington, DC, encompassing more than half – Read more