Restaurant Depot Employee Reviews

Able to grow with in the company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blauvelt, NYApril 28, 2017
My experience with the company has been on of the best. I was able to grow with in the company. Vacation, sick and personal time provided. In the work environment the employees work as team players.
Fun fast pace environment!!
Assistant Meat Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2017
Great job with great benefits. If you work hard there's room to advance and move forward in the company. You can work hard and start building a career and make great money doing it as well.
sometimes good, sometimes bad
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 24, 2017
I worked as both a cashier and a stocker on the floor. They had little regard when it came to giving me time off when my newborn son was in the hospital with a life threatening condition. Whereas there were some benefits the indecisive management and lack of communication between employees made it very difficult to effectively perform my job description.
Pros
good hours
Cons
poor employee networking system
Challenging, rewarding
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 24, 2017
Dynamic atmosphere, customers, associates and buyers.

Provides a great service to independent food related business.

Can start entry level and rise quickly with intelligence and dedication

Typical day reviewing key metrics, top sellers, slow movers, customer relationships, training, food safety

Staffing is definitely a challenge but we recruited all key personnel within a 25 mile radius
Pros
Wearing many hats, will bring out your best, professional relationships with customers and staff
Cons
Training
did not like it there
Cashier, Deli & Produce (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAApril 18, 2017
I did not enjoy working there because they were very rude to the costumers and employees, they did not give enough hours and people do not last more than 6 months there
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
They had rude and disrespectful employees
On the Sales floor
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 15, 2017
Communication and organization lacked overall. Often the job itself was not hard just the circumstances involving the task assigned. I enjoyed my job overall.
High Stress Inviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2017
A Mess, at the Chicago Level, which reflects on the Stores in the Midwest, A Dictatorship, a debacle, that offers no job security, a high stress inviroment, that will eventually try to kill your Career.
Pros
Pay is ok as long as you have a clear understanding on what you are gonna make.
Cons
High Stress Inviroment, No Upper Support, Worst place to work in the USA
Good Job
Floor Salesman (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILApril 11, 2017
The job was a bunch of fun i really loved the job and everyone i worked with but when it came to the old GM he was a poor manager but since then the company has hired a new GM and i would love to return one day.
Experience
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 11, 2017
The job was decen, just not for me. I didn't really like the pay rate. Also not being able to get benfits while working there. It's a great start up job, though!
Very even paced workplace.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 11, 2017
Working for RD, I was able to go through different departments fairly quickly. The worst part was that the branch manager would threaten to take away hours or suspend you if you chose to not stay for overtime. harassment was a huge issue there, even with the Union Rep. After a year, I decided that I was not going to tolerate it or be a victim of any harassment any longer.
Pros
Shopping privileges
Cons
Harassment
Not fun
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 10, 2017
I hated working there management was terrible they give you work the same as the president done overnight which the overnight associate doesn't do and they expect for the morning associate to come in to have it all done they just give you a lot of work in overload you management sucks everything about that job sucks management pay and hours
Bad work environment
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNApril 10, 2017
I worked at the Brooklyn Center location for 8 months and it was the worst working experience I have ever had. Mangement is awful unprofessional. Not.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Benifits are bad, no room for advancement. Awful work enviroment.
An ok Company
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Manayunk, PAApril 8, 2017
I was allowed to be creative with merchandising which increased foot traffic and sales. If you worked to hard they did not want to move you up in my opinion.
Pros
Freedom to express
Cons
No room for advancement
Mostly decent people but poor management and no appreciation.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blauvelt, NYApril 7, 2017
I made friends with most of my coworkers. They were mostly good people and helpful. Management was very aloof and didn't give much training. Expected me to stay overtime when I was made to believe it was not mandatory. Sometimes I'd be by myself in produce and expected to handle stocking and customer service at the same time. Management was rude and condescending.
Pros
Helpful coworkers, easy work.
Cons
No proper training, no preparation for amount of work expected, poor management.
Starting Pay good for the position
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2017
Good fast pace environment. Very nice people working there. I learned about counting cases and warehouse procedures. Hardest part of the job is that its cold and you have to yell all day for keys and codes and it was hard on my throat. The most enjoyable part was the pleasent people and customers (most of them regulars).
Pros
Free lunch and snacks most days
Cons
Cold environment
Upper management treats employees as if they are expendable
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia and MarylandApril 5, 2017
I loved working for Restaurant Depot for almost a year until new management took over. They're were not open to new ideas and the way the stores were run showed how much they didn't care about their employees or customers.
Pros
Great pay and possibility to travel
Cons
Poor upper management, No focus on future growth, They were there to make a check and had no real interest in developing their new employees.
Very fast paced work environment. Fun interactions with customers.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 4, 2017
I think Restaurant Depot was a good place to work. It was a huge warehouse but the employees were nice and the customers really showed their appreciation for helping them.
Fast paced enjoyable work atmosphere
Freezer Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 30, 2017
Good work place. Good wages and fun work environment. fast paced. Everyone is friendly and works well together. Very time demanding. Excellent benefits.
interesting
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Fife, WA 98424March 29, 2017
They seem to play favorites about who they want to promote when promoting within. They do not even look at qualifications they just go off friends and family.
work is good, hours are good, management is bad
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAMarch 27, 2017
- Would go from recieving to the freezer after lunch
- Learned how to drive the pallet jack and forklift
- workplace is more of a warehouse (BJs, Costco etc.)
- Hardest part was the micromanaging
- Most enjoyable part was when i was working in the freezer was left to myself to maintain an pack out
Pros
met some cool people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Restaurant Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9