Restaurant Depot

Restaurant Depot Employer Reviews

keep area clean
Cashier (Former Employee), Pennsauken, NJJanuary 18, 2015
• Answered questions and provided information to customers about merchandise.
• Help customers on locating merchandise in the store
• Obtained merchandise from stockroom
• Cashier
stacker
Stacker (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: awesome experience.
Cons: healthcare
It was a great experience. Restaurant Depot had nice people to work with. Helping customers/restaurant managers owners finding there needs for there restaurant awesome job..
Not a fun place to work
Assistant Branch Manager/Inventory Manager (Current Employee), Everett MAJanuary 7, 2015
This company will promote from outside the branch, paying more money for these unproven people then they would for the associates they have in store that have proven their work ethic.

Not a very good training program. Associates normally train themselves instead of getting the proper training for senior management positions
Restaurant Depot
ASSISTANT FLOOR MANAGER (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYJanuary 7, 2015
Restaurant Depot is a fast paced facility. I am always on my feet either attending to customers needs, directing employees to what their job is for the day, receiving inventory, helping out the employees pack out merchandise, and keeping department up to date with price tags, sales, and organization of department. Restaurant depot can get overwhelming, but I have learned to be patient, and have learned strong leadership skills that helps my day run smoothly.
Large Company that always has opportunity for advancement
Production Supervisor-Loader (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: opportunity for advancement
Cons: lack of hours
My typical day was clocking in, checking for large orders that needed to be put on pallets, loading and unloading of trucks as they arrive, keeping up with Expiration dates of products, weighing and bagging of items for sale, stocking the floor as needed, and helping in any department as needed.
day to day
produce manager (Former Employee), Capitol Heights, MDJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: upper manament
it was a fun place to work. getting to know the employees and the customers helping them with there problem and concer.nce a typical day was going in the door getting your signs right for pricing and making sure closing crew did what they had to do . checking in fresh produce every morning
Fast-paced, high-volume environment
Management (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 26, 2014
If you want to be overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated, then this is definitely the company for you! Long hours and miniscule pay that makes living possible only because of the extreme amount of overtime will quickly lead you to look somewhere else.
Demanding and challenging work environment.
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City,MODecember 23, 2014
Pros: customers bring you lunch and the bonuses are very rewarding.
Cons: bonuses required prefection to be grasped.
This is a place made for people who work hard, are smart, and creative. It can be very demanding and stressful at times. If you are willing to put in the work you will be rewarded well. Management can take most to all your time though so if you are family oriented this will not be for you. You will learn leadership skills, budgets and pretty much how to run your own company fro top to bottom. The best part about this job is the customers and there appreciation of great service. The hardest part is getting each and every goal met as you may think they are unrealistic.
Clerk
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Homewood, ALDecember 19, 2014
Pros: plenty of free shoes
Cons: work picks up heavy around the holidays
Great company to work for. We had a great team. Management was always helpful.
great place needed better management
Floor Associate (Former Employee), Needham, MADecember 18, 2014
it was a very easy job.all i did was make sure the droppers unloaded the items i needed and stock the items
Productive work place
Receptionist/Cashier/Shipping-Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Fife, WADecember 4, 2014
Pros: lunch room, union, multiple department training
Cons: micro-managing, hosyility, intimidation
This company has many diverse customers. Very enjoyable work experience, with unique qualifications and placements to build a well-rounded skill set to expand within the company.
HIGH TURN OVER
Manager (Current Employee), Kansas CityDecember 2, 2014
Cons: high turn over, unprofessional, unorganized, negative environment
This company is extremely unorganized, unprofessional and has an EXTREMELY high turn over rate. The culture is extremely tense and negative. Senior management treats employees poorly and management in general is extremely immoral and negative. Salaried employees work up to 80 hours a week at times with no over time and compensation does not nearly match the amount of work put in. Also benefit offerings are terrible at best.
Most Unprofessional Work Enviroment
Supervisor/Assistant Admin (Former Employee), Cranston, RINovember 6, 2014
Pros: hours, pay, co-workers
Cons: unprofessionalism, unorganized, no respect, stressful
It was great starting out; good hours and a great team of co-workers. Ten hour shifts, no nights. Management started out amazing until it kept changing several times throughout my year there. By the time I left it was at an all time low. Also a lot of favoritism, rule breaking, taking for granted, and talking down by senior management to employees. If you're looking for professionalism and organization, this is not the place to be. It was a relief to leave.
Productive and Challenging
Frozen/Perishable Junior Buyer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2014
Pros: skills development, pay and benefits
Cons: long hours
I gained a ton of work and life experiences while working here. I was immediately given responsibilities and was never micro managed. It allowed me to develop better decision making skills.
a good experience, wrong company
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Brooklyn CenterOctober 24, 2014
I was grateful for the opportunity to work for Restaurant Depot but there wasn't enough training for the new store and what each persons title was. I enjoyed meeting great customers and learning about their business and different cultures. The hardest part for me was dealing with upper management. Most were not nice to non management employees and my cashiers got blamed for a lot of things that weren't in control and I left because I believe all people should be treated with respect regardless the position they hold at the job.
this is a very stressful workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: poor management
a typical day at work at restaurant depot is quick and very fast past . My coworkers are very polite and extremely lazy at time, there is very poor management at restaurant depot !
productive fun place
floorman (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 20, 2014
easy to learn fast pace.i enjoy the flexibility and being able to move up in the work place
productive
CASHIER (Former Employee), Independence, OHOctober 19, 2014
I enjoyed what I did i loved the hours i was able to have my personal life as well as my work life
over worked underpaid
packer (Former Employee), manyunk,PhiladelphiaOctober 18, 2014
Pros: they hire anyone regardless of your background.
Cons: no commradery. poor pay. too much gossip especially with management. backstabbers!!!
Pay is very low. Management is very unwelcoming. Hard work goes unnoticed. Very political there. If your not a yes man then this is not the place for you. Very anxious to write you up and fire people.
A Day At Work
Cashier/ Stocking (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLOctober 14, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I hated this job it was nothing to brag about they were so many customers so little employees

1 2 3 4 5

About Restaurant Depot

Restaurateurs can carry on with their business thanks to this company. Jetro Cash & Carry is a leading operator of Cash & Carry warehouse – Read more

Restaurant Depot Photos