Restaurant Depot Employee Reviews

Working experience
customer service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15201May 15, 2017
Another day working at Restaurant Depot, it was the middle of the summer. I was working in the cooler and stocking the in the meat deportment. Today was really busy, there was a lot to do in the meat deportment, I have to cover the sea deportment in the meat deportment. I think that experience good for me because it challenge me to be flexibility by maintaining both apartments.
Pros
I was able to maintain the both apartments
Cons
It put a lot of pressure on one person
Great Job
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 15, 2017
Working at Restaurant Depot has taught me so many things from giving a shot at being a manager from training me to drive the forklift so many great opportunities
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Fast Paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNMay 11, 2017
Restaurant Depot wasn't a bad place but definitely underpaid. It's a lot of work and at times you would have to deal with rude customers but you always have to keep a smile on.
Restaurant Depot
Aisle Men (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 10, 2017
A typical day at work is that we will have a meeting first. I learned how to read products and work fast. I didn't really like the management because the new owners didn't fully understand the procedure of getting the work done. The work has a good environment. Everybody usually joke with each other. The hardest part of the job is moving the freight out of the way in order to start working. The most enjoyable part of the job was my fellow employees. Everybody knew each other at least for a year or longer.
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Poor pay, poor management
Overall good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJMay 10, 2017
Strong team when needed
Customer service as good as it can but always make sure the customer leaves happy and satisfied
Promotions based in performance
Good job
Receiver - cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 10, 2017
Great experience, loves meeting and working with new people. Also taught me how to comminicate more with others. Helpful , responsible & respectable .
Productive and good service at the workplace
Pearls Dinning (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 10, 2017
What I'v learned at my most recent job is , you have to be very patient. By patient I mean you have to wait for the customer's to order with respect and not have any problem with them taking as much time as they need. Give them the ability to feel comfortable at my work place and not having any problems. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the customer's came in happy and with a positive attitude. Even when they don't have a positive attitude you have to bare with them. I'm okay with doing that because I am patient.
I'm a cashier at restaurant depot
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 8, 2017
I typical day at work for my is coming it to work clocking in logging in to my cash register and waiting patiently on the customers to bring there store good to my register so I can cash them out and send they on there wonderful day the hardest part about the job is being yelled at but I can take it and follow up on what I did wrong and correct the most enjoyable part of my day is to meet new people and chat with them see how there Day is going to far the management there is every strict about there workplace if you did come to work then why are you there
Hard work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 2, 2017
We work long hours. My favorite part of the job is working with our customers and the relationships we form. Managers need to be more involved. Like any place you have your good with your bad. I would say the bad is needing more support in the area we work in and considering all that is asked of our department, the pay is low. The great part of working here is the relationships that are formed with our regular customers.
Pros
Customers, Co workers
Cons
Low pay, A lot of demands for one department
Great job to interact with customers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 2, 2017
I liked the job overall we just worked a lot hours and the hours was all messed up we had good managers but lazy but customer service was the best part of the job
Pros
Discount
Cons
Messed up hours
Very good
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDApril 30, 2017
Busy from store open to store close. Good environment and people to get to know. You will see regular restaurant owners and become friends with them..
Fun customers
Recieving manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 29, 2017
The customers was the best thing this company had the management is based and ran off of favoritism and they only let people advance who is liked by management they treat the EMPLOYESS bad
Pros
2 breaks and 1 lunch
Cons
Short breaks, management
Able to grow with in the company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blauvelt, NYApril 28, 2017
My experience with the company has been on of the best. I was able to grow with in the company. Vacation, sick and personal time provided. In the work environment the employees work as team players.
Fun fast pace environment!!
Assistant Meat Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2017
Great job with great benefits. If you work hard there's room to advance and move forward in the company. You can work hard and start building a career and make great money doing it as well.
sometimes good, sometimes bad
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 24, 2017
I worked as both a cashier and a stocker on the floor. They had little regard when it came to giving me time off when my newborn son was in the hospital with a life threatening condition. Whereas there were some benefits the indecisive management and lack of communication between employees made it very difficult to effectively perform my job description.
Pros
good hours
Cons
poor employee networking system
Challenging, rewarding
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 24, 2017
Dynamic atmosphere, customers, associates and buyers.

Provides a great service to independent food related business.

Can start entry level and rise quickly with intelligence and dedication

Typical day reviewing key metrics, top sellers, slow movers, customer relationships, training, food safety

Staffing is definitely a challenge but we recruited all key personnel within a 25 mile radius
Pros
Wearing many hats, will bring out your best, professional relationships with customers and staff
Cons
Training
did not like it there
Cashier, Deli & Produce (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAApril 18, 2017
I did not enjoy working there because they were very rude to the costumers and employees, they did not give enough hours and people do not last more than 6 months there
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
They had rude and disrespectful employees
On the Sales floor
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 15, 2017
Communication and organization lacked overall. Often the job itself was not hard just the circumstances involving the task assigned. I enjoyed my job overall.
High Stress Inviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2017
A Mess, at the Chicago Level, which reflects on the Stores in the Midwest, A Dictatorship, a debacle, that offers no job security, a high stress inviroment, that will eventually try to kill your Career.
Pros
Pay is ok as long as you have a clear understanding on what you are gonna make.
Cons
High Stress Inviroment, No Upper Support, Worst place to work in the USA
Good Job
Floor Salesman (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILApril 11, 2017
The job was a bunch of fun i really loved the job and everyone i worked with but when it came to the old GM he was a poor manager but since then the company has hired a new GM and i would love to return one day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Restaurant Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9