Restaurant Depot Employee Reviews in United States

Fast Paced
Receiving Area Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 24, 2016
It was a pretty fast paced job but when moving skids to the main floor with the pallet jack, you had to be very careful of the surroundings and customers inside the building. Pretty good job but the pay rate is very low grade.
Good work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILMay 20, 2016
You meet different people on a daily base, from different back grounds and cultures. The worker are very helpful and energetic they tend to take pride in making sure the customers have the product they need to be able to make money on a daily base so they can succeed in their business. The font end staff is wonderful
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Healthcare cause to much and the breaks go to fast
okay place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAMay 20, 2016
Over all it is an okay place to work. Its not a fun or lovable job. it helped me payed bills and that is about it. It had decent pay.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
poor management
Low work morale and unprofessional work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2016
At the beginning of my shift I am to show up in proper work attire, nicely groomed and ready to start work on time. I would verify the amount of cash in my register has the correct amount to begin scanning as a cashier till the end of my shift.

What I learned at restaurant depot is the importance of being resilient. It's so easy to become distracted in a fast pace working environment and it is also very easy to make mistakes. I learned to take criticism, refocus and continue working.

Management seemed a bit unorganized like there was no consistent system of how things were being done here. My co-workers are awesome, there are people there who have been there for 8+ years and they really do make the difference in their customers day.

The hardest part of my job was having to work in the work environment at restaurant depot. It was easy for me to keep my composure or address whatever issue I had with who it involved in a professional manner but not seeing a change after addressing the problem was the hardest part of my job.

The most enjoyable part of my job at Restaurant Depot was getting to know and talk with the customers.
Pros
The employees at Restaurant Depot really know their customers
Cons
Outdated registers
fun place to work for
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  BlaveltMay 17, 2016
Great place to learn everything needed to better self in knowing your department and a respectful workers to work with.
great experience
cashier stock porter (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 17, 2016
the experience of seeing so much products being sold in bulk was awesome meeting different business owners had a great affect on me love talking with them and was able to foresee a future of maybe even owning a business some day
Fun place to work, loved meeting the new people, liked getting to know the peopl
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 16, 2016
A typical day was getting to know your regular customers, checking people out, and making sure everything was cleaned. I learned what a unit for them is from a case. Where most restaurant got to shop or their supplies. The managers were very friendly, kind, and understanding. My co workers were like a family they helped each other out as well as help them get the work done. The wasn't really a hard pay to the job other then 6am wake up call, but I didn't mind it. I really enjoyed everything honestly. It was a fun job.
Very fast-paced environment, diverse group of employees.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2016
The opportunity for advancement within the company is good, but the training is not at all professional. Trial by fire seems to be the norm with this company, resulting in very high turnover. The company does not offer competitive wages and therefore, finding suitable employees is very difficult.
Pros
Fast pace, regular customers, friendly.
Cons
No structured training program for new employees in any department. Outdated, broken equipment makes performing jobs difficult. Cash registers are extremely outdated.
New Business still trying to find its way.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 11, 2016
The business is new and still is getting its feet wet. Need more customers to come through the doors. Starting pay rate is a little low and work duties are high.
Career Suicide for Managers
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2016
Nothing in college could have prepared me for the hostile and abusive company that is Jetro Restaurant Depot. If you are a management professional brought in from the outside; proceed with extreme caution.
Managers WILL be worked to death. 80 hour weeks are not uncommon. That's about 10 bucks an hour. Don't forget you have to pay out the yin yang for medical coverage, then taxes etc.
I was working my face off and had barely anything to show for it.
This company runs so lean, it makes a manager's job impossible to be done effectively. Corporate is so out of touch with reality, Customers look at RD as a necessary evil.
The only enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with customers and associates.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Your entire ethics infused college curriculum is derived from companies like this.
Outstanding
Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 26, 2016
Work environment was great. Management was awesome.And amazing customers very good to work with.Coworkers always been helpful and worked efficiently.
Very productive and hectic day-to-day environment
Sea Food Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2016
Setup the merchandise for the day ahead, write orders and take inventory and manage workers during a really low temperature. hardest part of the job was selling all the merchandise in the 3 day window. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning new thingsevery day.
Pros
coming home early to get daily chores done before getting ready for school
Cons
healthcare
great place to gain exsperience
Supervisor / CRT / Stock Taker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNApril 18, 2016
I come in , pull up are product list of stock, low stock, and no stock, print out, look for product around the store that shows up in are system, give a daily count ,and enter this in the system with inventory gun. help other departments do cycle counts, if store is really bizzy I will fill in with the supervisor of the front end and help manage the cashiers by me being a supervisor of the front end before I was stock taker.
Pros
gain exsperience by helping in other departments
Cons
somrtimes dont get to take a break
Good job no set schedule
Freezer Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2016
The job was good as far as pay, but i didn't really like the hours because they fluctuate. I like the fact they would let you grow in the company as far as promotions
Pros
the pay
Cons
the hours
Great management
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32808April 11, 2016
Fun working environment. Long working hours, great customers. Crossed trained in different department. Flexible scheduled. Paid holidays and great benefits
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
long shifts
Fun Workplace and very multicultural
Fronted Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNApril 9, 2016
We offer a free membership for business owners, we also welcome the public. Cutomer satisfaction is always number 1. You'll learn something new everyday as well face different challenges too. As long as you have patients and a positive attitude you'll enjoy working the Depot.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkApril 3, 2016
Excellent Organization. Overall a great place to work. Growth of the company is aggressive, giving great opportunity for advancement.
productive
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Maspeth, NYApril 3, 2016
A typical day for me was i go in get my register then after that i would take over an area and start scanning. It was run well, and management was superb.
Don't recommend
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 24, 2016
Nothing good to say about the company; enjoyed my coworkers. Extremely physical job, I did enjoy the customer contact for the most part.
Pros
n/a
Cons
management unconcerned with work conditions
restaurant depot
Cash Room Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 10, 2016
to unorganized, major turnover no proper training just thrown into position. Customers are difficult, long hours, understaffed. floor always has pallets and there are always items that have to be dropped from the top bay because the employees on the floor don't have enough resources to keep the floor stocked at all times, this incudes the freezer and produce department as well. Management changes to much , rules are not enforce equally, expect much from the employee but does not reward as should be expected.

2.9