Restaurant Depot Employee Reviews

Challenging, and only for some.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 8, 2017
It can be a great and challenging job. Unfortunately we are not given the tools to do our jobs and our success depends on employees with poor work ethics. This company does not require background checks and therefore hires low quality workers who would not find jobs elsewhere. Turnover is high and often you are expected to work for all the missing people. In a warehouse setting, impossible task. It is just never good enough!!
Pros
Meeting customers from all over the world
Cons
Non existing training program, poor culture
Pretty good job just not enough pay
Perishable Stocker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2017
Nothing bad to say about it but it is very little pay. Lots of responsibility. It has an unstable job positioning. Not to unprofessional but pretty much productive at times. Pay rate unreasonable and unfair and unsuitably low. Unsatisfactory in my opinion
Pros
Paid breaks and yearly raises and free check cashing
Cons
Very little pay
Place to grow
Assistant Manager produce (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Retsurant depot a greta place to grow spcialy leaning new skill like managin time and handling heavy machinery also provide greta customer service always with the great slogan "always fresh"
Fun, great work environment.
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTFebruary 1, 2017
Gave me years of great daily experience. Wonderful group of people to work with. One of the hardest part of the job was driving forklifts around the warehouse and overhead storing with as many people constantly around. It's a company open to the public.
Pros
Meet lots of great people
Cons
The shopping carts were horrible and would end up all over the parking area
Bad place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 28, 2017
Very unsafe and unhealthy environment. Rude and discriminating managers. Long hours with bad pay. Will work you extra beyond your job description.
productive work experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 25, 2017
Working for this company was a great experience. I learned a lot of life and work skills. Such as dealing with difficult people or solving a problem with knowing little information. Restaurant Depot made it easy to become a peoples person.
Hard Working Labor. Fast Pace
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 25, 2017
A typical Day at Restaurant Depot was alot of hard and fun labor. I learned to how to be more orderly and careful with products. The managment was great. They worked well with my schooling. The workplace culture was great with outstanding co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting free lunches from restaurant owners. The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy products without breaking them.
Pros
Good lunches, good benefits.
Cons
Hard Labor
Restaurant depot dont have conditions to work
Meat Manager (Former Employee) –  Seacaucus njJanuary 24, 2017
This the bad place to group up
No oportunities
Managemant is bad
No free time exect you be sick
No holidays
The work place is no healthing for any person
This my bad experiences in USA to work
Pros
No goods
Cons
No good
Productive and great place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJanuary 19, 2017
Typical day was great, learned more customer service. Management was great, work place culture good, no hard part to the day. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short breaks
Restaurant depot
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2017
I worked with very pleasant people. It also helped me with my customer service skills and I met a lot of new people. The pay was terrible their for the amount of work they wanted us to do.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad pay
Overwhelming Environment
Cashier/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 16, 2017
Even though there are opportunities to grow within the company, it really depends on the location. Unfortunately, my location moved people up the ladder based solely on who they personally got along with than actually being qualified for the position held. Poor management of store. Overworked staff. Compensation was the bare minimum. Shady Health benefit packages. Nonexistent work-life balance.
Pros
Half price store products
Cons
Poor management of store
It is a fast paced work place
Cashier/tags (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 15, 2017
I enjoyed my time there and would still be with the company except for my personal obligations that needed my attention elsewhere.
Staying with the jetro family was not an option at this time.
Pros
Union, inexpensive benefits
Cons
The usual work place stuff, gossip back stabing etc.
real fun place to work
Freezer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 7, 2017
Restaurant Depot is a fast paced work environment. I learned to work good with all kinds of customers with different attitude Me and my coworkers had very good relationship I had no hardest part of the job because my job was real easy the most enjoyable part of the job is when we all get together as a team and complete tasks
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
only lunch break
Great job security
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJanuary 7, 2017
Company that is great at promoting from within but does little to promote well balance life, or to make their work environment more respectful towards their female employees.
Pros
promotes from within, union, vaction, sick days
Cons
no real training, sink or swim situation, sexist attitudes
Great Job Culture Low Pay
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 6, 2017
Jetro Depot has a great job culture but the problem with working here is that it will take a very long time to see above average wages and the management here takes a very long time to make the job environment more convenient for their workers. The work here does not match the pay amount in my opinion which I believe would frustrate any new employee working for this company. I did enjoy meeting new people at this job and working with my coworkers everyday was a pleasure I will not forget which has made me gain more customer service experience skills.
Pros
Great Job Culture
Cons
Cheap Management, Low Wage Pay
fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 28, 2016
Scan and enter all items purchased by customers. I learned to have patience. Management was at a very low customer service expectancy. I loved all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the consistent heavy lifting while the most enjoyable was meeting new people daily.
Pros
Free food from customers
Cons
Not enough down time
Fun place to work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 27, 2016
Real cool place to work. Keeps you busy, opportunity for advancement, better than most benefits, what else can I say. Overall good place to work if you don't mid a fast paced environment.
Pros
Benefits, advancement opportunities, skills you can learn.
Cons
Mangement
Kind of a hectic place to work at.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYDecember 21, 2016
They tend to have favorites and hire people they know personally for the higher positions; while leaving you stuck with the lower paid positions. They do not care about your career goals, they tend to have snappy attitudes towards everything especially towards the work environment everything is work their way and if they feel that your not on their page or working at a speed they don't like they will find a way to fire you. I came in as a cashier with a 2 year degree in Business Management with hopes of building my way up to the management team and left as just, a cashier with no real experience and less hope on being a manager any where. They made me feel discouraged on a daily basis and I felt under myself working there. They were not looking to help me grow even when I asked everything seemed to have been frowned upon, but maybe that was just with me. The most enjoyable part of my day was dealing with some of the customers and my co-workers.
Pros
Good starter job for any position. Union Job.
Cons
Not a long-term place to be, they have favorites. Barely have any growth opportunities from within.
Very busy and customer based oriented
wearhouse worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNDecember 19, 2016
I assist customers with navigating through the Wearhouse and loading their products into their vehicles as well as keeping our parking lot clean and shoveled to ensure a smooth ride
Pros
401k plan, free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate
Cons
Working outdoors
A good company
Meat Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 15, 2016
I loved working for Restaurant Depot, the company really lets you grow in your own way and also lets you be as strong as your able to be in a management role.

Definitely a good company to gain management experience with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Restaurant Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9