Restaurant Depot Employee Reviews in United States

Different Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 24, 2015
Clock In Ring out customers at register
How to use an old register
On point
Decent Attitude Co-workers
Customers negative Attitudes
Joking With Co-workers
Pros
Benefits After Time
Cons
Wage
lern alot
Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYNovember 21, 2015
I lern a lot from this company if I want I will like to go back I learn and did some much there got me where I am now I good that I work there best place
Pros
fun
Cons
alot of over time
Staff was well to get along with.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maspeth, NYNovember 18, 2015
It was a nice company to work for since I've never done Cashier work before. Supervisor was well to get along with. Co-workers was able to get along everyday. Union-Rep was always on the job site. The most enjoyable part of this job in my own words, it was easy to get a promotion.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Commute
Too many things need fixing.
manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 12, 2015
Very low pay for what you are asked to do. Health insurance benefits are very poor for such a large company. You are thrown to the wolves with very little training to do things "their way." Customer service is last on their list of priorities. They figure that since it's always busy, and they have everything that you could possibly need at great prices, that they can treat customers however they see fit.
Pros
They hired me.
Cons
Health Ins, common sense, antiquated computer system affects customer service, you are thrown to the wolves there for little pay
great to work with hard worker take pride inevery thing I do stead fast people person love to work with others and make people with welcome at all ti
Meat Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 7, 2015
hard worker people person high standards willing to take it to the next level over a archiver could be great asset for any company
great temp job
o Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2015
no room for advancement. management was bias to employees.
very slow on car allowances.
very slow on paying bonuses. no commission for customer purchases as a field rep.
Pros
great temp position
Cons
no advancement
Unrealistic expectations for little pay
Stocker/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 22, 2015
Management and customers can create a very chaotic work place. They do not support the right amount of hours or man power going into tasks that need to be done however they expect you to exceed expectations. You're expected to block entire aisles, break down as many mixed pallets as possible, receive trucks down your aisle, help out SEVERAL customers looking for product that's neither in stock, in the right place, or up on the top steel that needs to be taken down with a forklift where only 2 are on the floor with 7 aisles, clean and sweep, pack out, hustle in some cases 30 degree climates, under management that's just winging as the day goes on. For each department there should be at least 4-5 employees for blocking, customer service, receiving trucks, etc. Instead all responsibilities can be burdened on to just two or some times one employee. Most times you are forced into overtime just to get your recovery done or receive an unexpected late truck but it never turns out that way at the end of your shift unless you have an early shift. I've see day one new employees thrown to the wolves without proper training while others have called out. I would say there was a 35% chance new employees on their first day would quit before lunch. I worked there for 2 years before becoming overwhelmed by politics, stress, and micromanagement every day. Without leaving on a bad note I just turned in my two weeks respectfully and worked up until my last day. I wouldn't even want to go back for part time work.
Pros
Free coffee, two 15 minute breaks, and a 30 minute lunch. Great insurance and unionized job security.
Cons
Negative managers, customers, cut hours for full time employees, a four man job thrown on one employee for each department, very little hourly pay.
Great Company
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 20, 2015
I love working for this company, it was an awesome place to work. The Company had a great relationship with all it's tenants, very professional and confidential environment.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Went out of business
Good Company To Work For
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 14, 2015
Good place to work. Great benefits for managers, good for associates. Can be difficult dealing with restaurant owners. Very demanding. Good teamwork and middle management. Growing company so there's room to move up.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Reasonable hours.
Cons
High employee turnover. Large amount of freight to move in daily.
its nice
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2015
you get to meet a lot of business owners , but we do a lot of work and deal with so much for the pay we get, its not fun and its very stressing. managers and not doing there job in our safety and people are always quitting. its great co workers. just a lot do deal with.
Pros
union
Cons
paid few for so much work
productive and fun work place
Front end manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, nySeptember 22, 2015
A typical day at work for me consisted of managing about 10-12 other employees. A couple of my employees were my friends outside of work but we always keep it professional during work hours. The customer is top priority, making sure they get all product needed and cashed out as quickly and accurate as possible. most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have fun while working. hardest part of the job was having to deal with difficult customers.
Pros
Benefits, healthcare
Cons
not much room for promotion
Fast paced
Hi-Lo operator (Former Employee) –  Hosuton, TexasSeptember 22, 2015
The Bissonnet location is a close nit work associates that help each other. I do not want to give any more. This is such a waste of my time to have to do this to fill out a job applicastion for another company.
A typical day at work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Garden City NYSeptember 22, 2015
Fun place to work, the management is very supportive in what I want to accomplish as far as what my goals are. Working there helps me to understand different personalities and cultures. The most enjoyable part of my job is having customers waiting for me specifically to process their transaction because they know it will be done with accuracy, and also working along side my colleagues and learning from them. I need more opportunity to grow, for there is so much more I can offer.
Pros
Getting to know very interesting people and learned the accept different culture.
Cons
There is not much room for growth.
Great training and advancement opportunities
Inventory Controler (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILSeptember 21, 2015
Started out as a Supervisor. Later promoted to Front End Manager, Cash Room Manager and Inventory Control (Sr. Management). Company willing to train and promote individuals that exceed. Great benefits and 401K program. Management understanding to family needs and emerency leaves when needed. Good communication with upper management and very approachable by everyone. Held numerous outside celebrations with employees and management. Great dinners and activities. Acquired 80% of my experience with this company. This would include Excel, word, powerpoint, computer skills, communication skills, leadership, determination and how to encourage others.
Pros
great training and benefits
Cons
interferred with daily family time
Evironment of food & wholesale.
Front-End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of taking care of customers. I learned wholesale experience & customer service experience. Supervising & managing front-end. My co-workers were trained by myself & other managers who were experienced in cashier & floor. The hardest part of my job description was keeping an eye on suspicious customers. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the customers.
Pros
Suprising lunches from customers
Cons
Short breaks.
Productive environment
Meat Dept (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLSeptember 15, 2015
Great management and environment. opportunity to meet a plethora of different business owners and learn the business inside and out.
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
Fast-paced, high volume food service warehouse,
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 8, 2015
I managed a high volume 80,000 square foot wholesale restaurant supply warehouse. Eight department managers reported directly to me, as did 65 total employees. Controlling perishable inventory levels was the most challenging part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching sales grow, and building relationships with customers.
Pros
Bonuses rewarded for exceeding budgets
Cons
Managing and motivating employees to reach company standards
was a good enviroment to work in. Always something to do
floor personal (Former Employee) –  sodoAugust 31, 2015
everyone was good and friendly. Work was hard but manageable to do. Pretty much it was a good job to work in but im looking for something more challenging.
I love my co workers. They're easy people to talk to.
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 27, 2015
My co workers made it comfortable when i first got the job. I've never had any major with anything at work. There wasn't anything hard about working at restaurant depot in my opinion. My only problem with Restaurant Depot is it's not organized when it comes to the work schedule. They seem to cut hours because they either schedule too many or not enough workers.
Cons
Sometimes we wouldnt get all of our breaks
Terrible
Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 26, 2015
Management was dishonest and lie to employees on a consistent basis. Too much work and not enough staffing. Myself and co-workers received inadequate training and were left to perform jobs to a standard and level which was not attainable with the level of know-how and staffing. Not enough staffing and management doesn't care about anything but themselves, they are not concerned with employee issues.