Restaurant Depot Employee Reviews

Warehouse
Cashier, Stocker, Loader (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2015
A very hectic place to work, not for the people who can't multi task. Very customer oriented and a place where people feel welcomed. Managers and co workers are on same page when it comes to showing genuine care for the customers. Whatever job they had me do on that day I learned that company safety and finishing in a timely matter are both persistent anywhere.
Pros
Customers, able to shop there
Cons
Schedule, not team oriented
Stay away...
Dept. Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 29, 2015
Dont do it, look somewhere else. Its that simple. Turn over is beyond ridiculous, revolving door. No training, sink or swim mentality. You will not be happy.
CUSTOMER SERVICE
FLOOR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2015
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GOOD AS WELL GETS BUSY BUT CANT COMPLAIN PAYS THE BILLS.GOOD PLACE TO BE.HAD LITTLE BET BACK PROBLEMS HAD TO LEAVE
Pros
ALL GOOD
Cons
ALL GOOD
its was a great company to work for people and customers were friendly as well
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 24, 2015
this job has opened me up to talking more to the customers helping them fine the things they needed grow with a team and become supervisor and it allowed me to help people and i love helping people
Pros
i loved the job friendly atomsphere get service fast pace
Cons
not enough hours
Fast Paced Energetic office
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2015
The Job itself was good job.The down side is the classification of staff. I feel the need to have on the job coaching for a large diversified company is important to maintain a level of respect and boundaries for all staff.
Cons
bigotry, no room to grow
Low pay terrible hours
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 17, 2015
Low pay terrible hours and benefits. You learn and train yourself. Poor management and communication skills. I do not refer this company
Not an organized place to work and grow
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisville,kyJune 16, 2015
You go into each day not knowing who will actually show up, who's sober and who's doing which job. You have management that is more into a liquor bottle rather than properly training people.
Pros
Union Job
Cons
A good company with not so good pay
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 12, 2015
Restaurant Depot is a solid company to work for. The one I worked at was in PA and the compensation was horrible. I started out as a porter and made 8.50. After 6 months I took a promotion to operate forklifts and power jacks for the receiving department and MADE 9.00 AN HOUR. And never got another raise. I cannot blame RD entirely though, the union was mostly at fault and they forced you into it. Other than that it was a good environment to work in.
the worst
Field Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJune 2, 2015
avoid at all cost, no life/ work balance, horrible management, poor employee reimbursement for expenses, they could care less about the employees
Pros
coworkers
Cons
everything else
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 1, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company because it gave me a lot of interactive experience with different clientele. There is a great opportunity for growth within the company and being in the union had a lot of benefits as well.
Face pace exciting and great customers
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 31, 2015
A typical day starts with team meetings
I run reports needed and oversee all depts. and managers
The hardest part is not having all the support I need to keep
the place running smooth.
I enjoy my interaction with staff
Pros
Pay
Cons
very long hours
Great work enviroment
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 27, 2015
The enviroment in this job was great because of my co workers. The negative thing about this job was the pay. I feel as though I wasn't properly compensated while working here.
Restaurant Depot is a very frendly, and enjoyable place to work
Warehouse Worker - Forklift operator - stocker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 23, 2015
I enjoyed working at the restaurant depot, it was fast pasted work, also many thing to do - I had good relations with all of my co-workers. I would say one of the hardest part of the job was to get a new worker up-to speed. some would not want to pick-up after them selves, in a warehouse interment you have to keep the boxes and trash picked up for safety reasons. their were some personal that though that job was below them. I go by the motto we are a team and we work together - what ever the job calls for.
Pros
A good company to work for, they care about their employs, very helpful in time of need.
Cons
None that I can think of - other than being over worked some times, but that is warehouse work vary demanding at times.
NICE FIRST JOB EXPERIENCE
Retail Stocker (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMay 22, 2015
FAST PACE ENVIROMENT, MANAGEMENT WAS NICE TO EMPLOYEES. THE HARDEST PART WAS TO CARRY 80LBS OF MEET AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE FROM THE FREEZER TO THE CASHIER, TO THE CUSTOMERS CAR. I LIKED THE CHALLENGE TO DO THIS MORE QUICKLY FOR THE COMPANY.
Pros
FULLTIME
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
Poor management
Cooler personnel (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILMay 13, 2015
Mangers do not care about store or employees, Only sales.
Co-workers & customers are great.
Mangers will try to deny employees lunch breaks.
good work experience
Receptionist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYMay 12, 2015
It is a very fast based job and worked by myself for the majority of the time. just the pay isn't the greatest nor the rises.
What you put in is what you get in return
Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  USAMay 6, 2015
Working for this employer isn't for the weak minded. They are production based company. The turn over rate is high because people accept employment thinking it's easy but it's not. The benefits are great.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Working for the Depot
INVENTORY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 26, 2015
A typical work day was never the same. shipments would be delivered incorrect. at various of times, i didn't have the produce to stock for customers to purchase. Management was taking product, it just wasn't a great place to be employed at the time.
Pros
i learned logistics
Cons
working in a unorganized workplace
no commet
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAApril 15, 2015
ringing up customers fast and friendly leaned the insides of a restaurant management i don't have a comment the other cashies are very good workers the hardest part of the job is making management happy and when the day over over was the best part of the day
Pros
Cons
lots
was a decent work experience
cashier (Former Employee) –  Capital Heights, MDApril 9, 2015
i enjoyed working at restaurant depot, it was a fairly good experience, i learned to work under a lot of pressure from the customers and the management, the customers were great to work with my co-workers were pleasant the hardest part of the job was having to pick up heavy products that the customers were purchasing, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers