Restaurant Depot Employee Reviews

management
Produce/Deli/Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 21, 2017
management no good! wrong people in wrong postions, brought in the wrong people for postions that they should have hired from with in. people that know the business and customers not new people that have no clue.
Terrible
Meat Manager (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYDecember 21, 2017
It's terrible when you start a job and the manager training you says he doesn't have time to train you. Then your penalized for everything and understaffed! You give a job your all and they fire you a week before Christmas!
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone!
Cons
Only break allowed is lunch
Just get it done
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Pine Brook, NJDecember 18, 2017
Nice company for a first time job. Like most companies the management style varies and can be at times unclear between the multiple managers respnsible for the warehouse.
Stressful job with forced overtime
Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHDecember 16, 2017
As a salaried employee, I am scheduled to work at least 50 hours with no pay for working an extra day because of short staff or vacations. Even as a manager, I have no control over hiring or firing for my department. I am forced to come in when I am sick, even though I work with food, and certain symptoms are not permitted to be around such items.
Pros
good benefits, opportunity to advance
Cons
company takes advantage of any salary position
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYDecember 13, 2017
coworkers were very friendly treated you as family, customers were rude, fun but dirty environment, very quick-paced, lunches are an hour breaks are 15 mins
Fast-paced cash and carry.
Assistant Branch Manger (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJDecember 12, 2017
Very busy place to work with limited resources. While it has been enjoyable to work with this company at times, lately there has been a movement of hard-line directives from the corporate office making the work place stressful.
very hectic ..if mgrs. don"t know what they are doing or policies,maybe they need to start over at bottom
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 9, 2017
this is a company that only gives the latins promotions .if you are not of some Spanish decent then you will go no where in this company.i would not recommend this to no one
benefits
Cons
managment
Its a Ok Job needs some tweaks
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 8, 2017
It was a good job some cool people. Doing Recieving is bad they need more help back there. Everything is hands on, but the Head Manager in the back is slow as a turtle(cuss word) and waist your whole day when you could get done earlier then 5 or 6. If they trained people on the electric jack quicker instead of having to go down isles pulling 500 pounds of stuff let alone going in and out of 30 degree weather with a regular pallet jack it would be much more efficient. Other then that its a Competitive job everyone wants to move up. Bo runs the warehouse good just some workers slow it down alot.
Pros
Pay, (On time) hours, Workers
Cons
Certain parts of management, Alot more then what you sign up for
Antiquated
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MADecember 5, 2017
As a Restaurant Depot employee, your main goal is to do what your told, even if it lacks common sense and/or is illogical. The systems (e.g. computer systems, training systems, policies and procedures, documentation, etc.) in place within the company are antiquated and are significantly lacking. For example, while some companies have embraced new technology to make it easier and more efficient to complete daily tasks/reports, Restaurant Depot is still a decade behind at best.
Very fast paced
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Everett, MADecember 1, 2017
This job has very many things you can do. You can work In many departments like Deli, Produce, Cashier, etc.. This job is very fast paced with 3 breaks.
Fast-Paced
Manager (Former Employee) –  Maspeth, NYDecember 1, 2017
I did not like this job specifically because the supervisor there was harassing me. The only thing I liked about this job was that it was very fast paced and the customers were nice.
Productive and fun place.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Needham, MA 02494November 28, 2017
Restaurant Depot is a great Place to work, but Need some Management. they are great with the Customers and they are Patient and nice, But could be very busy, but I love the place.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
it really depends...
Receptionist, Handle Incoming Orders, Fax, Filling (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 27, 2017
.Great place , great people.!! The managers are very rude if you dont speak spanish, That didnt matter , Whatever I do I put my 100% best in everything and looking for a job To acquire a challenging career and use the opportunity to expand my skills and knowledge. Where I can advance into higher positions within the company.
Cons
should get new employees/managers
Very Fast Paced
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 27, 2017
A workday is very fast paced and very demanding as a Hilo driver. The hardest part is maneuvering through customers and working in a confined space. I enjoy fast paced environment.
a very open and fast paste work place
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 20, 2017
i liked that job but it wasn't for me and plus they didn't give me a change to let the job really sink in . everyone in the the was very nice ,& friendly mostly helpful
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Resets
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 18, 2017
Sells grocery items in bulk for stores and restaurants. Customer service orientation required. Long periods of standing. Need to be able to reach hi and vend low
Productive and fun
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 17, 2017
Working here allowed you to meet different people from all walks of life due to high turn over and a lot of people coming through to shop for their businesses. Also was able to get experience in cashiering and shipping and receiving...I was hired for receptionist but was able to move around and learn other jobs.
Pros
Shopping with a discounts
Cons
Jealousy
fair
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 17, 2017
ok company to work for just didn't work for me fast paced if that's the kind of job your looking for very big warehouse the environment is intense at times
Relaxed pace and open space to work as you would feel comfortable.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 13, 2017
Enjoyed working for the company though , much more work in areas compared to pay for labor. Did learn many different customer service and labor skills. St. Paul location near bus line , would refer someone to this job.
Pros
Good hours and good benefits once in union
Cons
Short breaks, not organized in department
national control
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Maspeth, NYNovember 13, 2017
don't had good workplace culture.
not compoce compensation and benefits.
sometime had nice job culture.
the company had most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
lunch.
Cons
sometime. insurance heart

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Restaurant Depot. Our community is ready to answer.