Restaurant Depot

Restaurant Depot Employer Reviews

Very Fast Paced
Equipment and Supplies Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2013
Very fast paced work environment. One must be able to multitask and stay extremely focused.
Not the greastest place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee), Chelsea, MAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: union jobs
Cons: sexual harassment
Typical day at work would be, constant loads of merchandise and cash handling from 8:00am to 2:00pm. I learned patience, and how to manage wholesale items. Management is very unprofessional, and all go for sexual harassment. The male managers are very sexual and are not afraid to show it. The male co-workers are very sexually obscene. The majority of – more... the employees are ex convicts/felons and residents of halfway houses. Hardest part of the job was tolerating all of the unpleasant things going on around me. Nothing enjoyable about it. – less
Corporate Mangement not honest
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VaOctober 17, 2013
Pros: store hours
Cons: low pay, no honesty, working conditions, dilapitated stores
Typical day starts at 5am and ends at 6pm
Work is 47.5 hrs a week but you are not doing you job if you are not there 70 hrs a week according to Corp Management
Corp Management cannot and will not give an honest answer
Co workers were great
Co workers are separated by corp in the way they are treated.
The hardest part of the job was keeping good employees – more... because of the low pay from company – less
fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2013
Was a fun place to work, customers were excellent. I learned how to work very well under pressure managers and co-workers were amazing to work with.
Fast Paced
Cashier (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAOctober 15, 2013
cool business alot of different ppl to meet and work with. the pay was cool alot of work but nothing to serious
Not a very pleasent or productive place to work.
Produce associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 14, 2013
Cons: 9 month probation no health benifits for 9 months, weak trainers
A typical day at work: Generally I start my day between 6am and 10am with an 8 hour shift. The scheduling for this company is very unpredictable, which makes it almost impossible to plan for anything else.

What you have learned: It is hard to pin point any one thing that I have learned while working here. I would have to say attention to detail and – more... documentation are the number one work habits for any organization.

Management: I understand the importance and the need management skills, those skills that are passed on to your employees are very important with any operation and without the proper skill set it often gives way to misdirection, mistrust and low sales results.

Co- workers: For the most part the co-workers, although they interact with each other they are lazy and will take advantage of any given opportunity to shrug off a task.

The hardest part of the job: Is to see others take advantage of a situation and still be given accolades for a job they did half hazard-ly.

The most enjoyable part of the day is when I leave at the end of my shift and go home to my family. – less
Receiving Dock
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2013
Pros: learned about transportation
Cons: lack of teamwork on dock
Responsible for timely unloading of truckload and LTL shipments.
Job was not conducive to good work relations
Assistant Manager/Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, NYSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: able to shop in store
Cons: no employee discount; high turnover
Job was not conducive to good work relations. Very high employee turnover on every level.
Pretty easy going.
Warehouse Stock Associate/Loader (Former Employee), Norcross, GAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: helping guest
Cons: difficult co-workers
My days were pretty busy because I had to help guest load their vehicles non stop all day. I learned how to communicate my all different kinds of people. I had very close relationships with my managers. My co-workers kind of kept to themselves while I was the out going one. The hardest part about the jobs was working out in the heat in the summer. I – more... really enjoyed help people. – less
Horrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), West Nyack, NYAugust 19, 2013
Cons: bad management, too fast paced
It was a very fast paced environment and if you weren't trained on the register in 2 days you were fired and that's what happened too me. The management and some co-workers were rude and unprofessional and the pay sucked also. I don't recommend working for the company its horrible!
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), davie flAugust 19, 2013
high energy level and buisy workplace.I love the people and the environment of the job..
Multicultural atmosphere.
Hilo (Reach Truck) Driver (Current Employee), Torrance, CAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: being able to shop at the store without a business license.
Cons: management not supportive
Providing great customer service while performing my job duties. I learned different cultures from customers. Management is not too supportive to all employees. Co-workers fun and professional friends to be around. Hardest part of the job is multitasking while providing customer service. Working in an environment where I get to meet people from different – more... cultures. – less
Very unorganized place to work
HR Admin (Former Employee), Houston TXAugust 12, 2013
A typical day included my work and everyone else's work as well. I was never appreciated and very bad morale within the company.
Work hard long hours to confirm outstanding customer service
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 1, 2013
Pros: great bonus plan
Cons: finding good team players
Hands on in every department, I strongly enforce myself and my assistants to jump in and help where it is needed. Walk the warehouse to confirm all team players are following policy and are working well with great customer service. Continue to required daily reports, oversee inventory issues, review cycle counts, problem solving.

Daily meetings with – more... co-workers to confirm policies are meet.

Hardest part of the job would be overseeing staff not following policy,

Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of helping the customers interaction while shopping, creating a relationship and the respect from people that work hard to run their business. – less
Very busy and productive environment
Receiving Manager (Former Employee), Riviera, FL and Atlanta GAJuly 31, 2013
Pros: promotions and cross training
Cons: short breaks and not everyone is a team player
My experience with Restaurant Depot has been a very good learning experience. I know I can take what I have learned over the years and apply it to my next job as well as in my personal life.
Fun and hardworking place to be
Receptionist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 29, 2013
I would sometimes go in at 6am or 9am. my week would differ as to what department I was working. My manager wanted me to learn the whole store and I absolutely loved it. I learned a great deal about food and inventory control.
My co-workers were amazing. They were always so helpful and patient with me. The hardest part for me would be working over 10 – more... hours a day but my manager made sure I took enough breaks to keep my strength up. I loved where I worked, the environment, the people and most of all the atmosphere. – less
Great employers opportunity
Cashier (Former Employee), Colton, CAJuly 28, 2013
At Restaurant Depot was a fast pace environment, in this job I learned how to cope with customers. Our management were friendly and professional just as our co-workers. The hardest part of our job was that we had to lift very heavy merchandise and the enjoyable part of this job was that we could've have as many food samples that we wanted.
it was a okay place to work.
Cashier/ Warehouse tech (Former Employee), Alsip, ILJuly 27, 2013
the hardest part was taking heat from management for joining the army.
Interesting Job
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 25, 2013
Pros: good benefits, interesting
Cons: bad management
I learned the flow of the warehouse.

Management was bad and not supportive of certain workers while
praising the ones who did not perform their jobs correctly and caused a great loss for the company.

Several of my coworkers and I helped set up the new warehouse
and felt like we had interest in making it work well.

I had a hard time getting my work – more... done because the dock manager
would not turn in the PO's in a timely manner.

The best part of the job for me was the detailed work and the vendor
contact as well as the customer contact. – less
Dont even waste your time here
Warehouse (Former Employee), OakandJuly 20, 2013
Pros: no time to even eat ur lunch
Cons: supervisor not fair towards them works
Mangement sucks unfair treatment towards employee lots off undocument people.INS should make a vist to this work place.

About Restaurant Depot

Restaurateurs can carry on with their business thanks to this company. Jetro Cash & Carry is a leading operator of Cash & Carry¬†warehouse – Read more

Restaurant Depot Photos