Restaurant Depot Employee Reviews in United States

its nice
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2015
you get to meet a lot of business owners , but we do a lot of work and deal with so much for the pay we get, its not fun and its very stressing. managers and not doing there job in our safety and people are always quitting. its great co workers. just a lot do deal with.
Pros
union
Cons
paid few for so much work
productive and fun work place
Front end manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, nySeptember 22, 2015
A typical day at work for me consisted of managing about 10-12 other employees. A couple of my employees were my friends outside of work but we always keep it professional during work hours. The customer is top priority, making sure they get all product needed and cashed out as quickly and accurate as possible. most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have fun while working. hardest part of the job was having to deal with difficult customers.
Pros
Benefits, healthcare
Cons
not much room for promotion
Fast paced
Hi-Lo operator (Former Employee) –  Hosuton, TexasSeptember 22, 2015
The Bissonnet location is a close nit work associates that help each other. I do not want to give any more. This is such a waste of my time to have to do this to fill out a job applicastion for another company.
A typical day at work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Garden City NYSeptember 22, 2015
Fun place to work, the management is very supportive in what I want to accomplish as far as what my goals are. Working there helps me to understand different personalities and cultures. The most enjoyable part of my job is having customers waiting for me specifically to process their transaction because they know it will be done with accuracy, and also working along side my colleagues and learning from them. I need more opportunity to grow, for there is so much more I can offer.
Pros
Getting to know very interesting people and learned the accept different culture.
Cons
There is not much room for growth.
Great training and advancement opportunities
Inventory Controler (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILSeptember 21, 2015
Started out as a Supervisor. Later promoted to Front End Manager, Cash Room Manager and Inventory Control (Sr. Management). Company willing to train and promote individuals that exceed. Great benefits and 401K program. Management understanding to family needs and emerency leaves when needed. Good communication with upper management and very approachable by everyone. Held numerous outside celebrations with employees and management. Great dinners and activities. Acquired 80% of my experience with this company. This would include Excel, word, powerpoint, computer skills, communication skills, leadership, determination and how to encourage others.
Pros
great training and benefits
Cons
interferred with daily family time
Evironment of food & wholesale.
Front-End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of taking care of customers. I learned wholesale experience & customer service experience. Supervising & managing front-end. My co-workers were trained by myself & other managers who were experienced in cashier & floor. The hardest part of my job description was keeping an eye on suspicious customers. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the customers.
Pros
Suprising lunches from customers
Cons
Short breaks.
Productive environment
Meat Dept (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLSeptember 15, 2015
Great management and environment. opportunity to meet a plethora of different business owners and learn the business inside and out.
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
Fast-paced, high volume food service warehouse,
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 8, 2015
I managed a high volume 80,000 square foot wholesale restaurant supply warehouse. Eight department managers reported directly to me, as did 65 total employees. Controlling perishable inventory levels was the most challenging part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching sales grow, and building relationships with customers.
Pros
Bonuses rewarded for exceeding budgets
Cons
Managing and motivating employees to reach company standards
was a good enviroment to work in. Always something to do
floor personal (Former Employee) –  sodoAugust 31, 2015
everyone was good and friendly. Work was hard but manageable to do. Pretty much it was a good job to work in but im looking for something more challenging.
I love my co workers. They're easy people to talk to.
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 27, 2015
My co workers made it comfortable when i first got the job. I've never had any major with anything at work. There wasn't anything hard about working at restaurant depot in my opinion. My only problem with Restaurant Depot is it's not organized when it comes to the work schedule. They seem to cut hours because they either schedule too many or not enough workers.
Cons
Sometimes we wouldnt get all of our breaks

Want to know more about Restaurant Depot?

Ask a question
Terrible
Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 26, 2015
Management was dishonest and lie to employees on a consistent basis. Too much work and not enough staffing. Myself and co-workers received inadequate training and were left to perform jobs to a standard and level which was not attainable with the level of know-how and staffing. Not enough staffing and management doesn't care about anything but themselves, they are not concerned with employee issues.
Fast paced
Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 24, 2015
Fast paced and always on your feet. There is never a dull moment and they try to promote within. They will teach you multiple positions--whether that's other departments or on the front end with the cash registers etc.
Nice employees and customer
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 7, 2015
Restaurant Depot was an ok workplace. I looked forward to going to work mainly because of the customers because they was so nice and respectful.
Great work experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 28, 2015
Great work and learning experience. I was able to learn great work ethic and new business skills. The ability to be around different types of people and different personalities.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Fast Paced
Micro management at it's best
Front End Management/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2015
Unfortunately, I had to tough it out at this company before they were bought out and all employees were relieved of their duties.
just some fun between us once in a while...
packer (Current Employee) –  Avon, MassachussettsJuly 22, 2015
I have been working for restaurant depot for a while now. I love what I'm doing, in this job i have improved my communication with the co-workers. I like to help the customers. As part of the management they are a really great team, well organized, so our in work we can be more comfortable.
very fast pace envioment
Meat Manager (Former Employee) –  hartford,ct.July 20, 2015
I needed to have a meat dept. with freezers ready for customers that had there own retail stores. I had to maintain a daily inventory control.
Pros
dorsey
Cons
nothing
a teamwork environment with multiple opertunities
Cashier/Loader (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2015
restaurant depot is a good job, gives you full-time let you learn all the departments and makes you learn how to work hard.
Pros
union, great costumers, work gear supplied
Cons
long hours, no set job tittle, management
Warehouse
Cashier, Stocker, Loader (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2015
A very hectic place to work, not for the people who can't multi task. Very customer oriented and a place where people feel welcomed. Managers and co workers are on same page when it comes to showing genuine care for the customers. Whatever job they had me do on that day I learned that company safety and finishing in a timely matter are both persistent anywhere.
Pros
Customers, able to shop there
Cons
Schedule, not team oriented
Stay away...
Dept. Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 29, 2015
Dont do it, look somewhere else. Its that simple. Turn over is beyond ridiculous, revolving door. No training, sink or swim mentality. You will not be happy.