Restaurant Technologies, Inc.

Restaurant Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Pittsburgh's Black Eye
"Tech" (Former Employee), PittsburghJune 15, 2015
Pros: Good base pay
Cons: Too many to count
By far..... the most poorly ran operation I've been a part of. Get used to a revolving door w management, directly leading to dysfunction among the "techs". The one tech that "trained" me was verbally abusive to the customers as well as management n fellow employees leading to several disciplinary write ups. Very unprofessional environment. They expect you to be on-call and work weekends for a $2 shift differential which amounts to $16 extra! To work weekends! The other senior technician complained about management and the other techs so much, why would it change now? Bottom line..... The compensation doesn't equal the sacrifice they expect. I didn't have another job lined up and I still left, that's how bad it is there.
If ya like being........
Slave (Former Employee), St Louis MoJune 3, 2015
Pros: NONE! Pay Check! Welfare pays better
Cons: Everythng!
This is 1 of the most F&%KED jobs I have ever had!
They made it sound like it was a great environment
everyone is family, last job you will ever have, no one ever leaves ETC ETC ETC,,,,,,,,,
Management is worse than the Gustopo. You have no life because you are attached to a out dated phone/radio/computer that u are required to monitor 24/7!
If they had there way they would have a GPS device implanted up your As s!
Oh and if ya like smelling like French fries all day, then this the job for you!
RTI
Service Desk Analyst II (Current Employee), Mendota Heights MNMay 25, 2015
Pros: Salary, Benefits
Cons: Always resurrecting, Sold many times.
Great growing company. Values it's employees. 41 location with corporate headquarters in Minnesota. Enjoyed every minute working there.
Tough Place to Manage
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Advancement potential is there if your willing to work for it.
Cons: They run the crew so lean that there is no work/life balance.
The depot is managed in a perfect world and any one who is in Operations knows nothing is perfect. They actually crew management to do $12/hr work instead of hiring a full time employee to do that work.
Great people but a lot of change
Anonymous (Former Employee), RTIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great coworkers, good benefits, lots of autonomy
Cons: lack of top down communication from corporate, lack of job security
Need a change management manager. A lot of changes are occurring. The change isn't a bad thing, but the managers need more support to adapt. Invest more time in training and developing to see the change as opposed to dictating changes with threats.
Entrepenurial with hard working culture
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: independence
Cons: high pressure
Great company which requires hard, but fun, work to stay ahead.
Good company.
Driver (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no room to advance.
Good company. Too much corporate managing on the depot level. A lot of disconnect with their customers. No room to advance within the company.
Innovative and Growing Company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNJuly 8, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment, supports inovation and process improvement, great people
Cons: lower than average compensation, not much room for vertical movement
RTI was a great place to work. I acquired a lot of new skills and had the opportunity to work with and become highly proficient with systems that I'd never worked with before. I had a great manager and made some lasting relationships with my team members who I still call close friends.
cut-throat
Driver (Former Employee), Hayward, CAMay 31, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: low pay, no appreciation, horrible management
If you like being treated like a number, then you'll love it here. Easy work. Used to be a great company to work for. Things have really changed. Management makes decisions on how it will impact their bonus and for no other reason. Customer service no longer a top priority. If you are thinking about applying here...beware. you are bottom of food chain and will be replaced if you dont fit in.
Easy Job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Fife, WAApril 14, 2014
Excellent Schedule teamwork atmospere. Enjoyable. Deliver cooking oil.
The good, bad, and the ugly
n/a (Former Employee), MinneapolisApril 3, 2014
Pros: mostly friendly coworkers
Cons: no work/life balance, below average pay, cut-throat management
Most coworkers are friendly, helpful. Certain departments are well managed and great to work for (call center, facilities).

Management could be better. Only concern is the bottom line - and they don't care about how decisions affect employees. In the past 6 months, there were layoffs and most of IT and HR is outsourced.

There is NO work/life balance. Management expects all employees to do the work of 2 or more people and no matter how hard you try - if you don't keep up with their unrealistic timelines, you're out the door.

Only group that ever receives recognition is the sales team - even when they don't make plan. No other group receives recognition or training. No opportunities to develop within career. Very limited opportunities to move up.

Beware if you consider joining. It all seems great in the beginning...and then you go from hero to zero over night.
an enoyable place to work
cdl b (Current Employee), Billerica, MAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good people
although rti is an enjoyable place to work. i would of like to see more to change the culture.
bad management. zero work/life balance/unfriendly co-workers
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee), San Diego CAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: pay is fair
Cons: treated like an object
Don't work here. Schedule varies daily. Called in on "off day"
trucks are old.
ITS A JOB!
Service Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 30, 2013
Pros: benefits, competative pay, good experience
Cons: its a business
On a normal day would start between 7-8 am. depend on your position you would be in an out within an hour and start your route for service or delivery. You were lucky if you ever got off on time Overtime might as well be mandatory. I gain some technical experience in installation of multiple system, Repairing pumps, Customer services, Delivery of products in Delivery trucks CDL/non CDL/ Vans. Management in my opinion didn't know how to use employees effectively to maximize business productivity nor did they take responsibility for short comings. Co workers were decent. Just like in life you find a few people that you can put some type of trust in. outside of that the company was made up of people willing to cut your throat to get ahead or maintain a position Including management. Discrimination in the smallest ways so that It cant be called out on, but begins to take a mental toll on employees. hardest part of this job is working for some who truly don't give a care about you no matter how hard you work or effort you put forward and on top of that keeping your composer with customer on power trips. the best thing about this job is when I'm off spending time with my family. What did you expect? its a business.
dont work here
Services Technician (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLDecember 18, 2013
Cons: rush all the time, know life here
g.m wants its boneless, $$ . all ways rush, know life here.know enjoyable life here.
High paced office environment
Service Manager (Current Employee), Hayward, CAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: self management, can work from home if necessary. great team commerderie with staff.
Cons: work week is 60 plus hours, 6 or 7 days per week. no balance between work & home life.
As a Service Manager, handle all operational & customer related issues.
A typical day at work would start out with scheduling Service Technicians for the calendar day. Contact customers to advise of ETA on their Service Request. Receive bulk cooking oil distribution shipments at our Depot Facility. Enter into company software all Service Tech assignments from previous day which generate operational reports. This tells me where each individual tech is productive, efficient, defficient and where room for progress can be made if necessary. Audit all inventory movement(s) which was used by technician at each service visit. Enter into company software all payroll information from technical & distribution department staff which I oversee. Audit required daily DOT forms for oil distribution which our Drivers turn in at end of their shift.
Contact customers who have chronic issues with our equipment & follow through with a plan to resolve those issues; once those issues are resolved follow through with customer once again to make sure they are satisfied with the results.
Daily & Weekly HACCP audits of the Warehouse & Company Vehicles for Quality Assurance. This is typical for a Food Service Carrier.
Have weekly meetings with staff to advise of what they can expect fo r the calendar week (installations, service, special assignments). During those meetings advise staff of any new equipment or procedures for use in the field.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I have the Freedom to work with very little to no supervision. I'm also very proud of the staff of nine (4 techs & 5 Drivers) which works for me. Eight of my nine employees have at least 5 years of experience working under my direction; their extensive experience & knowledge gained over the years have allowed for me as a manager to have trust in them & not have to make them feel like a bully on their back. The Team commerderie is excellent.
Growing company
General Manager (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTOctober 23, 2013
Pros: travel, compensation, co-workers
Cons: too much travel
Overall the company was in tranistion mode with new owners. A normal day would be meeting with my management team and plan the work schedule for the week. Review production KPI's and develop action plans for weak areas. Weekly Sales meeting.
good place to work
Master Technician (Former Employee), greensboro,ncAugust 16, 2013
normal day at work would be driving all day and taking orders from my boss!
The Best Oil Management Company In The Industry
Account Manager (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 13, 2013
No one else does what RTI does. If you're a restaurant looking for a way to maximize the life of your oil and save on food cost while at the same time creating a cleaner and safer kitchen, this is the system for you.
Great place to establish yoursel
Route Driver (Former Employee), Union City CaAugust 10, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: long drive days often kept drivers tired
A Typical day started at 4:00 am all the drivers would come in and route plan, everyone would talk about helping each other out so we all could get back into the branch around the same time, no one would be left out there by themselves. The management side of the job was Ok, they tried to hear workers concerns, but i think corporate was coming down on them hard so they had to express that through us.(the driver). co workers were fun to be around, everyone was down to earth and friendly, it made the experience that much better.

Restaurant Technologies, Inc. Salaries