Restaurant Technologies, Inc.

Restaurant Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews

A troubled company
general manager (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJanuary 4, 2016
Life as a depot manager provides no life / work balance. Company believes that 1 or 2 managers in each depot is sufficient to monitor a 24/7 operation and provide no administrative help for the never ending paperwork - Depot managers are continually answering requests from the corporate office Senior management does not want to accept that additional depot staffing is a must not a luxury. During my 14 months with the company at least 10 GM's and 10 SM's quit or were fired due to the lack of training.
This company DOES NOT set it's managers up for success.
Pros
Life at corporate looked great, life in the depots was not.
Cons
High Stress, Dirty Environment, No Training
Mid size company
Student Strategy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNOctober 26, 2015
Mid size company. Niche area. Will do great in the future. Small team for Management. Career progress might be stunted at the top. Challenging sales environment.
fun place
el toro mexican resturant (Current Employee) –  Palestine, TXOctober 20, 2015
like to work in fun friendly places fun to work nwith good people in joy cooking for other poeple with good pay hersardest part of my job is to keep up the oders
Pros
fun place
Cons
some wrong people
great
tech (Former Employee) –  sacramentoOctober 20, 2015
great place to work, lots of overtime. good people to work with. average pay. if you enjoy working grave yard or on call. work with a hand ful of people
Coworkers were miserable and rude and backstabbing
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver COOctober 15, 2015
Manager was fairly new, the two fellow techs steamrolled him, impossible to work with, best part of job was making service calls on my own.
Pros
great hours, 5 am - 230 pm
Cons
miserable coworkers
management inconsistent
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  dallas txSeptember 29, 2015
typical day management could have you scheduled to do install service calls or assist with delivery driver. Most of the time schedule is made the day before but changes suddenly. Co workers are ok better if you keep to yourself. Hardest part of the job is schedule too long to get qualityfamily time. Most enjoyable time is really when you're morking alone
Pros
work alone
Cons
working with someone with bad work ethic
Horrible Experience
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San AntonioAugust 16, 2015
This was hands down the most miserable job I have ever had. I was hired as the Service Manager and shortly thereafter the General Manager was fired and wasn't replaced with anyone local which dropped all the day to day operations on me with no salary increase. I received spotty training and was absolutely overwhelmed with the amount of work given to me. My replacement General Manager was 4 hours a way and was less than helpful. His solution to giving me help was "call one of your peers". I was told by the Regional Operations Manager that I "needed to eat, sleep and breathe RTI 24/7" because I couldn't afford not to. I was fired a week later for a "5C" violation but they couldn't tell me what I did wrong. My General Manager actually told me "you were given a big (insert appropriate S word here) sandwich" which sums up the 8 months I spent there.

I read the reviews before taking the job but really thought they were written by disgruntled current and former employees. I was wrong. This place will suck the life out of you and your family in a bad way.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJuly 20, 2015
A calm environment to get ones work done. I learned how to input data entry and file. The task are easy as long as one stays organized.
Great Company
Service Desk Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights MN 55112July 17, 2015
RTI is a great company to work for. I enjoyed everyday being there. Unfortunately the only department that seemed to run efficiently was the Service desk. IT operations has a lot of turn over. RTI has not had an IT director in over two years.
Pros
Atmosphere, Pay, Benefits.
Cons
No IT director, High Turn over
Blah..
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 14, 2015
I left in 2005 and I just happened to see the reviews for RTI and it looked like the company hasn't changed much except for opening more depots. From the reviews they are still under staffing the workers (drivers and service techs) and over working the management team. The upper management makes unrealistic goals so it is no wonder that the General Manager position has a high rate of turnover... People working and being on call 24/7 is just horrible working conditions. The restaurants that were sold the system were led to believe that they would save money by filtering their fry oil keeping it clean but in reality the less they used the more they were charged per pound... The big accounts were paid for their waste oil while many were never compensated and the market is high for the waste cooking oil...

Plus, part of our bonus plan back then was related to many factors but the most annoying one was the company hired an independent review company that would call the restaurants and ask a series of questions. Many times the reviews were scathing when following up with a call back RTI was confused with restaurant equipment repair companies, when presenting this to upper management they didn't care even though it hurt quarterly & monthly bonuses for the depot.
Pros
The people that worked at the Depots were good hard working people.
Cons
See my review.
Not a fun place to work
Operations Service Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 21, 2015
Company doesn't respect the work/life balance of its employees. The company talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk, only lip service. Management puts in far too many hours, constantly on call due to 24 hr operation, unable to disconnect from job. Doesn't seem to want to hire enough staff to perform all the jobs; therefore. management at local level has to do it all.
Pittsburgh's Black Eye
"Tech" (Former Employee) –  PittsburghJune 15, 2015
By far..... the most poorly ran operation I've been a part of. Get used to a revolving door w management, directly leading to dysfunction among the "techs". The one tech that "trained" me was verbally abusive to the customers as well as management n fellow employees leading to several disciplinary write ups. Very unprofessional environment. They expect you to be on-call and work weekends for a $2 shift differential which amounts to $16 extra! To work weekends! The other senior technician complained about management and the other techs so much, why would it change now? Bottom line..... The compensation doesn't equal the sacrifice they expect. I didn't have another job lined up and I still left, that's how bad it is there.
Pros
Good base pay
Cons
Too many to count
If ya like being........
Slave (Former Employee) –  St Louis MoJune 3, 2015
This is 1 of the most F&%KED jobs I have ever had!
They made it sound like it was a great environment
everyone is family, last job you will ever have, no one ever leaves ETC ETC ETC,,,,,,,,,
Management is worse than the Gustopo. You have no life because you are attached to a out dated phone/radio/computer that u are required to monitor 24/7!
If they had there way they would have a GPS device implanted up your As s!
Oh and if ya like smelling like French fries all day, then this the job for you!
Pros
NONE! Pay Check! Welfare pays better
Cons
Everythng!
RTI
Service Desk Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights MNMay 25, 2015
Great growing company. Values it's employees. 41 location with corporate headquarters in Minnesota. Enjoyed every minute working there.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Always resurrecting, Sold many times.
Tough Place to Manage
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2015
The depot is managed in a perfect world and any one who is in Operations knows nothing is perfect. They actually crew management to do $12/hr work instead of hiring a full time employee to do that work.
Pros
Advancement potential is there if your willing to work for it.
Cons
They run the crew so lean that there is no work/life balance.
Great people but a lot of change
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  RTIJanuary 29, 2015
Need a change management manager. A lot of changes are occurring. The change isn't a bad thing, but the managers need more support to adapt. Invest more time in training and developing to see the change as opposed to dictating changes with threats.
Pros
great coworkers, good benefits, lots of autonomy
Cons
lack of top down communication from corporate, lack of job security
Entrepenurial with hard working culture
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2014
Great company which requires hard, but fun, work to stay ahead.
Pros
independence
Cons
high pressure
Good company.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 4, 2014
Good company. Too much corporate managing on the depot level. A lot of disconnect with their customers. No room to advance within the company.
Pros
pay
Cons
no room to advance.
Innovative and Growing Company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJuly 8, 2014
RTI was a great place to work. I acquired a lot of new skills and had the opportunity to work with and become highly proficient with systems that I'd never worked with before. I had a great manager and made some lasting relationships with my team members who I still call close friends.
Pros
relaxed environment, supports inovation and process improvement, great people
Cons
lower than average compensation, not much room for vertical movement
cut-throat
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 31, 2014
If you like being treated like a number, then you'll love it here. Easy work. Used to be a great company to work for. Things have really changed. Management makes decisions on how it will impact their bonus and for no other reason. Customer service no longer a top priority. If you are thinking about applying here...beware. you are bottom of food chain and will be replaced if you dont fit in.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
low pay, no appreciation, horrible management