Restaurant Technologies, Inc.

Restaurant Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Service Tech/ Installer (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 11, 2016
Great place to work for, great management, great benefits. Good co workers. Love the work, always keeps you busy! Great company if you like to travel.
Horrible Experience
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San AntonioAugust 16, 2015
This was hands down the most miserable job I have ever had. I was hired as the Service Manager and shortly thereafter the General Manager was fired and wasn't replaced with anyone local which dropped all the day to day operations on me with no salary increase. I received spotty training and was absolutely overwhelmed with the amount of work given to me. My replacement General Manager was 4 hours a way and was less than helpful. His solution to giving me help was "call one of your peers". I was told by the Regional Operations Manager that I "needed to eat, sleep and breathe RTI 24/7" because I couldn't afford not to. I was fired a week later for a "5C" violation but they couldn't tell me what I did wrong. My General Manager actually told me "you were given a big (insert appropriate S word here) sandwich" which sums up the 8 months I spent there.

I read the reviews before taking the job but really thought they were written by disgruntled current and former employees. I was wrong. This place will suck the life out of you and your family in a bad way.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
A troubled company
general manager (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJanuary 4, 2016
Life as a depot manager provides no life / work balance. Company believes that 1 or 2 managers in each depot is sufficient to monitor a 24/7 operation and provide no administrative help for the never ending paperwork - Depot managers are continually answering requests from the corporate office Senior management does not want to accept that additional depot staffing is a must not a luxury. During my 14 months with the company at least 10 GM's and 10 SM's quit or were fired due to the lack of training.
This company DOES NOT set it's managers up for success.
Pros
Life at corporate looked great, life in the depots was not.
Cons
High Stress, Dirty Environment, No Training
Pittsburgh's Black Eye
"Tech" (Former Employee) –  PittsburghJune 15, 2015
By far..... the most poorly ran operation I've been a part of. Get used to a revolving door w management, directly leading to dysfunction among the "techs". The one tech that "trained" me was verbally abusive to the customers as well as management n fellow employees leading to several disciplinary write ups. Very unprofessional environment. They expect you to be on-call and work weekends for a $2 shift differential which amounts to $16 extra! To work weekends! The other senior technician complained about management and the other techs so much, why would it change now? Bottom line..... The compensation doesn't equal the sacrifice they expect. I didn't have another job lined up and I still left, that's how bad it is there.
Pros
Good base pay
Cons
Too many to count
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKApril 15, 2016
I worked for them three years. We would have meetings and these meetings were the most unprofessional meetings I've ever be around a lot cursing and talking down to each other. The general managers and service managers are only looking out for themselves not you. I enjoyed working with the customers and doing my daily tasks. RTI says there big on 5 C's but there not, there only looking to make money. It seems to me they don't like firing bad employees, they let you stay with them if you are willing to travel for them to other depots and work overnights.
Pros
Simple work
Cons
Service managers and General manager do not help you, there only looking out for themselves.
Great Company Going Through Changes
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2016
Wonderful company dedicated to truly revolutionizing the restaurant business.

Outstanding people, all the training you could hope for, and an honest focus on helping their customers.
Pros
A real industry game changer, lots of training, and everyone working there from the top down.
Cons
Still adjusting to new capital ownership.
Great Company
Service Desk Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights MN 55112July 17, 2015
RTI is a great company to work for. I enjoyed everyday being there. Unfortunately the only department that seemed to run efficiently was the Service desk. IT operations has a lot of turn over. RTI has not had an IT director in over two years.
Pros
Atmosphere, Pay, Benefits.
Cons
No IT director, High Turn over
Not so good
National Operations Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNFebruary 18, 2016
There is no work/life balance
RTI does not have a lot of loyalty to the employees
The pay scale is very low when compared to other companies
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2016
Great Company to work for. Growing at a great pace. Management turnover is a bit high. Need a clearer strategy for long term.
Pros
Growth
Mid size company
Student Strategy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNOctober 26, 2015
Mid size company. Niche area. Will do great in the future. Small team for Management. Career progress might be stunted at the top. Challenging sales environment.

Want to know more about Restaurant Technologies, Inc.?

Ask a question
Great people but a lot of change
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  RTIJanuary 29, 2015
Need a change management manager. A lot of changes are occurring. The change isn't a bad thing, but the managers need more support to adapt. Invest more time in training and developing to see the change as opposed to dictating changes with threats.
Pros
great coworkers, good benefits, lots of autonomy
Cons
lack of top down communication from corporate, lack of job security
Rti
Service Desk Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights MNMay 25, 2015
Great growing company. Values it's employees. 41 location with corporate headquarters in Minnesota. Enjoyed every minute working there.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Always resurrecting, Sold many times.
Delightful place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNMarch 1, 2016
In call center able to use technical, administrative and communications skills on a variety of calls daily. A very pleasant work environment.
Pros
Monthly business lunches
management inconsistent
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  dallas txSeptember 29, 2015
typical day management could have you scheduled to do install service calls or assist with delivery driver. Most of the time schedule is made the day before but changes suddenly. Co workers are ok better if you keep to yourself. Hardest part of the job is schedule too long to get qualityfamily time. Most enjoyable time is really when you're morking alone
Pros
work alone
Cons
working with someone with bad work ethic
Not a fun place to work
Operations Service Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 21, 2015
Company doesn't respect the work/life balance of its employees. The company talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk, only lip service. Management puts in far too many hours, constantly on call due to 24 hr operation, unable to disconnect from job. Doesn't seem to want to hire enough staff to perform all the jobs; therefore. management at local level has to do it all.
The good, bad, and the ugly
n/a (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisApril 3, 2014
Most coworkers are friendly, helpful. Certain departments are well managed and great to work for (call center, facilities).

Management could be better. Only concern is the bottom line - and they don't care about how decisions affect employees. In the past 6 months, there were layoffs and most of IT and HR is outsourced.

There is NO work/life balance. Management expects all employees to do the work of 2 or more people and no matter how hard you try - if you don't keep up with their unrealistic timelines, you're out the door.

Only group that ever receives recognition is the sales team - even when they don't make plan. No other group receives recognition or training. No opportunities to develop within career. Very limited opportunities to move up.

Beware if you consider joining. It all seems great in the beginning...and then you go from hero to zero over night.
Pros
mostly friendly coworkers
Cons
no work/life balance, below average pay, cut-throat management
Innovative and Growing Company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJuly 8, 2014
RTI was a great place to work. I acquired a lot of new skills and had the opportunity to work with and become highly proficient with systems that I'd never worked with before. I had a great manager and made some lasting relationships with my team members who I still call close friends.
Pros
relaxed environment, supports inovation and process improvement, great people
Cons
lower than average compensation, not much room for vertical movement
Its a job!
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 30, 2013
On a normal day would start between 7-8 am. depend on your position you would be in an out within an hour and start your route for service or delivery. You were lucky if you ever got off on time Overtime might as well be mandatory. I gain some technical experience in installation of multiple system, Repairing pumps, Customer services, Delivery of products in Delivery trucks CDL/non CDL/ Vans. Management in my opinion didn't know how to use employees effectively to maximize business productivity nor did they take responsibility for short comings. Co workers were decent. Just like in life you find a few people that you can put some type of trust in. outside of that the company was made up of people willing to cut your throat to get ahead or maintain a position Including management. Discrimination in the smallest ways so that It cant be called out on, but begins to take a mental toll on employees. hardest part of this job is working for some who truly don't give a care about you no matter how hard you work or effort you put forward and on top of that keeping your composer with customer on power trips. the best thing about this job is when I'm off spending time with my family. What did you expect? its a business.
Pros
benefits, competative pay, good experience
Cons
its a business
Tough Place to Manage
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2015
The depot is managed in a perfect world and any one who is in Operations knows nothing is perfect. They actually crew management to do $12/hr work instead of hiring a full time employee to do that work.
Pros
Advancement potential is there if your willing to work for it.
Cons
They run the crew so lean that there is no work/life balance.
Growing company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTOctober 23, 2013
Overall the company was in tranistion mode with new owners. A normal day would be meeting with my management team and plan the work schedule for the week. Review production KPI's and develop action plans for weak areas. Weekly Sales meeting.
Pros
travel, compensation, co-workers
Cons
too much travel

2.8