Restaurant.com

Restaurant.com United States Employee Reviews

short term
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), arlington heights.ilNovember 11, 2014
needs work more of a Professional atmosphere cannot take away commission that has bee earned
Training assessment needed
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Arlington Hts. ILOctober 21, 2014
Great commission structure and bonuses but goals for newcomers a bit harsh. Hardest part of the job: getting restaurant owners on the phone. Leads were shuffled every 3 months but the leads called on for years.

Training in classroom could have been 2 days and then shadow with top producers instead of 5 days listening to Trainers past work experiences.
Great Product
VP of Partnerships & Deals (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILOctober 20, 2014
Restaurant.com is a fantastic consumer product with so much potential. This company could be a major player with just a little bit of investment.
Not for the Faint of Heart.
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free fruit on certain days, good benefit plan, casual attire
Cons: stressful quotas, changing quotas, upper management makes brash decisions
Working in Inside Sales at Restaurant.com can be a very lucrative endeavor, but only for those with the gumption and desire to achieve success here. There are high standards set by management in the form of ever-changing quotas and varying levels of micromanaging based on the general feel of a given day. There are few second chances and little loyalty shown to employees, you either hit or exceed quota, or you're shown the door.

For those who do make it long enough to build a book of business do make a decent living, but getting to that point can be a very stressful task. Work environment is pretty cool, co-workers hang out outside of the office, and generally help each other out. It takes a very rare type of person to make it in this position for any extended length of time, but I'd recommend exploring any opportunity here further if you think you can muster up what it takes to succeed.
Productive and fun place to work
Restaurant Consultant (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and being introduced to new foods.
Cons: the new owner
The work day starts with a conference call att 8:30. Always having continuing training everyday learning new ways to coldcall, new ways to make appointments and get beyond the gatekeeper. Management and co-workers would get together once a quater for a divisional meeting and once a year for a company meeting. The hardest part of the job is after working the same territory for 13 years it was harder to make goal each month. The most enjoyable part was the traveling.
Fun people, though we need better talent
Marketing Personnel (Current Employee), ILJune 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits. all upper management has an open door policy in marketing.
Cons: lack of investments and free cash flow to grow business.
Great company in regards to how it works.
Last investmemt was garbage and has led the company to a low point. Lots of hard workers, though we need more money to recruit ivy league and well educated and sales and marketing employees as well as a new recruitment strategy. Sales, marketing and CS need more respurces to be successful. Our reputatation also needs to become positive. We need a change and investment before it is too late.
I was an inbound call rep.
Inbound Call Rep (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILMay 12, 2014
I was responsible for taking inbound calls from customers interested in purchasing discount certificates from the Restaurant.com website. I was also active in upselling of the certificates, as was a requirement of the job.
Productive and fun work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILMay 3, 2014
Pros: fun and energetic work environment
Cons: the company did not seem to have much room for growth
Answer phone (70-100 call volume a day mostly inbound), return emails to customers (about 30 a day), update customer accounts such as address updates, change passwords, cancel accounts, issue gift certificates and refunds, send out mail, and train new employees.
Fun working enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILDecember 20, 2013
I started in the company taking calls for about a year. Then I got moved up to a live chat representative. I would take about three chats at a time. I love the co workers, and everyone who works here. People are so friendly, and respectful it's a great working environment. They recently moved chat team to home, so we work from home. I enjoy my job, because I get to help people, and in the end I love to make the customers smile.
Callcenter Environment with customer service and sales.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 9, 2013
A typical day involves taking inbound phone calls or Livechat requests from customers interested in purchasing certificates through Restaurant.com.

This was an enjoyable position helping customers with the thousands of different restaurants that have discouunt certificates available through the website.

Restaurant.com is a great marketing tool for restaurants all accross the United States, with many certificate options available.
Used to be a great place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst, IT department (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 9, 2013
RDC used to be a great place to work and employee moral was very high. As the years have passed and a change in CEO the company has slowly gone downhill.
Supportive environment
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILMarch 18, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of 8 hours of cold calling restaurant owners across North America. I learned that restaurant owners do not have a lot of time and are not interested in accepting gift certificates. My direct supervisor was very supportive to keep me on track. My co-workers were also supportive. The hardest part of the job was knowing that it wasn't a good fit for me and that I do not want to be in a call center environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was a short commute.
Productive. slight fun, Wii gaming system, cable.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: free bagels on wednesday, fruit fridays
Cons: crazy customers
It's a decent place to work.

Customers' are frustrating, but oh well. it's part of the job description, SO I can't complain too much.
Flex schedule and ability to be your own boss
Independent Consultant Manager (Current Employee), TelecommuteJanuary 12, 2013
Enjoyable company to work for. Even though you are your own boss, they offer support and training materials to ensure your success.
Fun place to work at BUT
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILDecember 26, 2012
the environment and other coworkers are really helpful and is one of the ideal place to work at but the clientele, customers and the affiliation is the worst in the whole country.customer don't know what they are getting themselves into. Company usually end up having misconception about the program and the website.
was fun for the time spent
Meeting coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisNovember 27, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: no job security
Great place to work, however I moved on due to the incorporating of the company.Was more family atmosphere when I first started to bad that had to happen.
Productive fun work environment with a ping pong table
West Division Field Trainer (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILAugust 27, 2012
restaurant.com had a great work environment with a bunch of hard working individuals who really care about the company they work for.
Restaurant Dining Certificates
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILAugust 21, 2012
Pros: very flexible with my schedule
Cons: management doesnt really care about the staff
I enjoy working for Rest.com. It is a very fun environment to work in with my co-workers. The hardest part about my job is when restaurants dont accept the customer's certificates with our program it makes us look bad as a company
Fun Place to work, great coworkers
Customer Service Chat operator (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILAugust 2, 2012
Pros: great work atmosphere, great co-workers
Cons: not much advancement in company and policies and changes are not clear from upper management
The work atmosphere here is very casual and up beat. Supervisors and leads are always open to suggestions and help with other co-workers. The department works closely with other departments, and values teamwork and willingness to try new methods for achieving monthly goals. The coworkers are around the same age, early to late twenties, and the work environment is very relaxed and fun in the call center. Usually every Wednesday the company offers free bagels for everyone and that is a really nice little gift to look forward to during the week.
Was a very professional work environment. Great place to advance in.
Meeting Coordinator (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILJuly 27, 2012
Pros: free bagels and breakfast
A typical day was getting on the phones and calling. Lead generated restaurants to sign up with us. There was nothing hard about this job. Very fun environment to work in. They have a ping pong table and game room for your breaks. I learned more computer skills from this job and how to sell over a phone.

About Restaurant.com

Whether your stomach is grumbling from hunger or you have a restaurant starving for customers, Restaurant.com aims to please. – Read more

Restaurant.com Salaries