Reston Limousine Employee Reviews

Summer Part-time turned to year-round Part-time
Bus Driver (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 24, 2018
I have been a Fairfax County School Bus Driver for 17 years. A couple summers ago, I was looking for part time work to make some money and fill my idle time in the summer.

When I came in for my interview the supervisor agreed to hire me and see if we could figure out a mutual work schedule. I found that everyone at Reston Limousine was willing to help see what trips they could give me and what time I was able to give them. They provided all the training I needed to get me prepared to drive their trips. They even train those who don't have a CDL to help them obtain one. They are a top-rate, prestigious company and I'm proud to say that I represent them.

I am so thankful that they were willing to give me a chance, because I have totally enjoyed working for Reston Limousine. The administrative staff helped and continue to help like family. They all seem to be happy in their jobs and that trickles down to a very happy work environment. The part time job I took to fill my summer has translated to regular part time work all year long.

They have over 300 vehicles in their fleet and the trips can vary from driving several people in a Cadillac Escalade (no CDL) to 50 people in a coach bus (CDL required) depending on your qualifications -- they use all kinds of drivers. They have a large variety of trips ranging from transferring people from an airport to a hotel, weddings, parties, wine and brew tours and everything in between – you name it – there’s no getting bored with the same ole same ole because there’s such a variety of work. If you 're not looking for a variety,
  more... they have contract shuttle trips that routinely operate the same route, time and day that you want.

My plan is to stay and eventually retire from this job -- I have no conceivable reason I can imagine for wanting to leave this organization.
Pros
Friendly, helpful, fulfilling, good money
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 16, 2018
Family atmosphere - caring people - open door policy - great place to work!! Very customer service oriented - goal is to always exceeds the clients expectations.
Pros
Steady company - friendly people - thinks outside of the box
Great Experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 15, 2018
Even though it is not a small business, it feels family run. The culture is one of caring whether you are a driver, a mechanic or dispatcher! Very strong management team.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Open 24/7/365 including holidays
January 16, 2018

Thank you for your positive comments! Though it can be viewed as negative that we are open 24/7, our employees are paid time and a half for working on holidays!
We are glad that you agree that we have a strong & positive company culture as we strive to make everyone's experience here exceptional!

Dynamic, Positive, Open, Family Environment
COO (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 15, 2018
Reston Limousine is not your average company, and that is what makes it so attractive for any employee. Everyone is full of passion and dedication as they manage together in a fast paced demanding environment in a very competitive industry. We are an entrepreneurial growing company that equally focuses on our clients as we do with each employee. Management is always accessible and ready to deal with the many challenges and questions that arise, but they do so in a creative, honest, and open way. Being one of the executives for over 11 years, I make sure to answer any question, from any employee, at any time. We are committed to ensure everyone can make a difference and be heard.
Pros
Many opportunities to make an impact within the company and the clients.
Cons
Every company will have some cons, but I will add, we are committed to find and improve them
Forward thinking and creative company- warm enviroment
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 15, 2018
Reston Limousine is a wonderful place to work, the management is accessible, encouraging and there is no micormanaging.

The staff is warm and welcoming and the in-office comradry is that of a family.

The president and CEO is involved and encouraging to the staff and very positive.

Family values, employee centered company.
January 16, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! We're glad that you agree that Reston Limousine is an employee centered company as that is one of our core values!

family environment great group of employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 15, 2018
Employees are willing to help each other as needed to complete a task. Supervisors help each other out. Communication is the strongest point. We have a great dispatch team willing to help with clients and well as the contracts.
January 16, 2018

Thank you for your positive comments! Team work, makes the dream work!

Benefits are slim. Claim to have an open door policy but nothing has been done.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  GMUDecember 28, 2017
Lack of communication and concerns for drivers Management needs to engage with there drivers more and come from out of the office. Needs better mgmnt.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Lacking benefits. Low pay. CDL Drivers should be paid more. Top pay is $18 hour.
January 4, 2018

Reston Limousine is highly employee focused and we are troubled to hear that any of our employees are not aware of the benefits and policies put in place to make our workplace and employment experience as positive and beneficial to our staff as we can.

Please let us address these concerns now.

Our pay and benefits are competitive for the area and industry and employees always have the option of earning additional income through many different options; including available overtime and charter work. RLS offers a very Robust benefit plan to include major medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with company match as well as STD & other plans thru Aflac.

Our open door policy is one that we pride ourselves on. So much in fact, that our COO, Tony Simon, has made it a policy to provide his cell phone number to all employees and makes himself available at every event to talk to each employee, especially if they have concerns to discuss.

We urge you to contact HR to get that number so you can discuss the above with Tony directly. Also please feel free to also discuss these matters with HR as well. We want to make all our employees aware of their options and discuss any concerns as soon as possible.

We will always support our employees and do whatever we can to ensure that your work with Reston Limousine is a positive and enriching experience.

We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you and Happy New Year!

Great place to work - employee centered!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VADecember 18, 2017
I have been with Reston Limousine for just over 3 years. In this time I have been fully supported by the teams I have worked with and by management. I have had opportunities to advance within the company and have gained so much experience and knowledge since I have been here.
I look forward to coming to work each day and having interaction with my co-workers.
I enjoy my role at work and look forward to hopefully making a positive difference in someone's day.
I am truly grateful for my experience with Reston Limousine thus far and I look forward to my future within the company!
Decent company
Contract Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDJuly 25, 2017
Management is not the best
you do a lot of work but not compensated well, its hard to balance life outside of work very demanding
Not a great job for someone with young children or a single parent
Pros
Job
Cons
rare to no chance of a break
December 12, 2017

We appreciate your comments. We are sorry that you feel that management is lacking or that you are not well compensated. However, it is true that our pay rate is very competitive compared to other companies within he industry, we also offer full benefits including paid time off. We also try to make sure that the route or jobs that are assigned to each driver will be a good fit for him or or her. We try to ensure that by having out charter drivers provide their availability to our Dispatch department so they can schedule drivers for jobs when it is best for them and on the contract side, any driver is welcome to switch to an open route when/if it becomes available. Again, we appreciate your feedback and your comments will be taken into consideration.

Unprofessioal and Unethical Management, Employees treated poorly
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 20, 2017
The company as a whole is a fraud. It totes itself as a women owned company but does nothing to empower it employees. Management supervisors belittle employees and seem to take pleasure in demeaning employees. The pay is minimal and by design keep wages low by keeping hours below 40 hours per week. There is no time and anf half opportunities if you were provided an opportunity to work more than 40 hours.
Everything you do is put under a microscope such as videoing drivers as they perform their daily duties. Drivers are put under the boot by enforcing tight schedules and are humiliated for building healthy profesional relationships with their riders. Any professional should stay clear of this company. Not an axe to grind just telling it like it is. Don't walk away from this opportunity RUN!
Pros
Opportunity to meet nice people who ride the bus
Cons
Unethical Culture, Unprofessional Management, Employees are not fairly compensated
June 26, 2017

Reston Limousine is a woman-owned company that has been in business for almost 30 years. The President and CEO, as well as the entire Management team go to great lengths to help and support all of the employees in the company while they are on duty, and even on a personal level when the need arises. We do have to address compliance infractions, but take no pride or pleasure in doing so. We have in place a Corrective Action Point System in place and our objective is to help correct the action and move on in a positive way. We feel our driver pay is very competitive for our industry and it has allowed us steady growth and stability. We have a variety of FT, PT and weekend shifts available, but do not always have FT opportunities when candidates apply. If a candidate still wants to come on board, we place them on a mutually agreed upon shift and encourage them to check the openings regularly so they can achieve more hours. Any hourly employee that works over 40 hours per week is paid at time and a half, and many of our drivers work well over 40 hours per week during peak times. We recently installed drive cams in all of our vehicles for the sole protection of our drivers.There is no one physically sitting and viewing camera footage on a daily basis. If an event triggers the camera, our Safety Manager will review the event, and in turn, review the findings with the driver. We live in one of the worst traffic areas in the country, and our drivers are encouraged to operate their vehicles in a safe and professional manner at all times, understanding that they are faced every day with  more... challenges beyond their control that can impact their ability to remain on schedule. Safety is and has always been our number one priority.  less

Want to know more about Reston Limousine?

Ask a question
Drivers Lounge - Buses/Limosine
Motor Coach Operator (Bus) (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 7, 2017
Each day with a different bus was always a new experience. Meeting new people was absolutely wonderful. Trips here and there were beautiful. The assigned account was just a 30 hour a week position for GMU occasionally filling in the NVCC position however, the 30 hours a week and entire summers off did not pay the bills.
December 12, 2017

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that your experience was enjoyable but understand your stance on summers off and working 30 hours a week. However, we do our best to have our drivers fill in on other contracts and drive charter jobs during breaks so they are able to get enough hours. We also have additional work that we constantly seek help for to give extra hours to get to 40 or as close to 40 hours/week as possible.

Professional Driving
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 15, 2017
Reston Limousine has polite employees. Some are willing to help you most of the time. For winter weather conditions, no work is done on the vehicles and property for a safe work environment.

Opportunity of advancement is nil.

Starting salary for a professional driver with previous experience starts at beginning wage. Recruiter did not take in account of previous experience and pay.
Pros
Cons
No leave, High healthcare premiums, Low beginning salary.
March 22, 2017

Thank you for you feedback. We appreciate the positive remarks, but would like to address some of the other points.

Reston Limousine does in fact offer paid time off. All drivers accrue leave, “PTO”, for hours worked between 30-40 per week, & are reviewed annually on their anniversary to determine how much is available. We appreciate that the healthcare costs are challenging, but many of the reasons are not in out control. We offer 4 plans to choose from and 1 of the plans does meet the ACA guidelines. We regret however that your feeling is that our contribution still leaves those as expensive options. We also offer a 401k plan, long and short term disability, life insurance, as well as vision, and dental coverage. All drivers begin at the same hourly rate and receive an increase annually on their anniversary.

On a final note, we pride ourselves on our opportunities for advancement within the company. Job openings are posted regularly, always to internal candidates first before opening them up to outside candidates and supervisory positions are quite frequently filled from within.

We urge you to discuss any or all of these matters with management or HR, as we have an "open door" policy to encourage understanding of all our policies and opportunities. All levels of management are available to help!

Thank you for your constructive dialogue; we look forward to helping make employment with Reston Limousine as fulfilling as possible."

Day to Day operation
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VANovember 1, 2016
A typical day is assigning drivers to buses and routes. Hoping that all assigned drivers will report to work. I have learned to be flexible to the everyday operation. We have a great management team and GMU. I enjoy working with my team of supervisors and drivers. The hardest part of the job is not have enough reliable vehicles and drivers. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smile on the drivers faces, and the positive comments from students and staff.
It sucks pop
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 1, 2016
Believe me when I say it sucks it just that run as fast as you can pay sucks you basically have to give your life up to get a decent schedule and wait for ever for a check this company is a penny pincher it's not even worth your time use this company as your last resource.
Pros
Cons
To many chief and not enough indians
No comment.
Customer Service/Dispatch Representative (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAFebruary 23, 2016
Would rather to not comment about this place, just want to move forward. Okay for a short stint. No place to hang your hat.
When non Drivers run a Transportation Company
Contract Driver (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 1, 2016
Reston Limo is what happens when college folk with no driving experience run a driving company. Customers love it. Managers Love their pay checks. Drivers on the other hand get the short end of the deal.

Pay is industry average for the area for local CDL work.

If you work as a contract employee expect to deal with inconvenience of contacting management every day by phone or text that will be on time for work 2 hours before your clock in time.

Also expect to be at work ready to go 15 minutes before start time. Which should give you the ideal that you will have to be at the job at least 30 minutes before if you want to guarantee on time attendance.

That comes to at least 15 minutes of volunteering but I feel 30 to 45 minutes in volunteering at a min per shift if you do everything that is expected either by law or company policy.

Management is friendly and respectful. However I have heard complaints that a few supervisors can be a daily headache. There are some.

There are some really nice kind professional co-workers at this company. But there are many disgruntle employees that have no problem "throwing you under the bus" blocking you in or not letting you pass to exit at safety meetings or not acknowledge you when you greet them.
Pros
Majority Suppervisors, Management
Cons
Disgruntle Co Workers, overzelous suppervisor, pay, uniforms
Great Job, Horrible Employees
DIESEL MECHANIC APPRIENTECE (Former Employee) –  Elmwood, CTDecember 17, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Reston Limousine. This is a really productive company and executives take good care of their employees.
Great Environment, respectful management and coworkers
Administrative (Current Employee) –  SterlingApril 28, 2015
The best part is that there is a schedule that will fit anyone's needs, and everyone here is willing to work with you to find right job/schedule/contract that works for you.
It's a big company that treats everyone like a small, family owned company. They recognize birthdays, anniversaries, and any special family event you may have. They also make a point of acknowledging each time an employee gets a great comment or review from a client.
Competitive compensation and benefits and many opportunities to advance and grow skills. Management is always willing to work with you.
Owner and Executives are always looking for ways to grow the business, which it is, so job security is never in question.
One of the few places where no level of management is off limits, so you feel like you can always be heard - if needed.
Also, coworkers are always willing to help new employees and many have been with the company 5+ years - you can't find that many places anymore!!!
Pros
recognition, advancement opportunities, training, company events.
Cons
Busy months can be crazy
Responsive executive team with an open door policy
Management level (Current Employee) –  SterlingApril 28, 2015
If you're a hard worker who shows initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm when it comes to your job, you will do well. I've been in management positions in a variety of businesses from small independents to Fortune 500 companies, and I've rarely had the support and confidence from upper management as you get at Reston Limousine.

Before joining the company full-time I was a freelance contractor and was treated with as much respect then as I was now. All the managers are genuinely nice people who are passionate about their jobs and who do their best to help you succeed.

That being said, if you're the type of worker who makes excuses for not performing to standards, you're not going to do well -- no matter what position you're in.
Positive workplace environment
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAApril 28, 2015
I am truly excited and happy to come to work everyday. My boss is a pleasure to work with and very supportive. I enjoy my co-workers and believe they are easy to get along with. I have felt welcome here since my first day of work, it is very positive and comfortable environment to work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reston Limousine. Our community is ready to answer.