Restoration Hardware Employee Reviews

Work life balance nonexistant
Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 21, 2017
Extremely customer focused environment. Sometimes this would be at tbe expense of personal time off. Salary and benefits are competitive with retail industry
What is this?
Designer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 17, 2017
Employees are given Uber credits every month.
The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not Project managing skills
Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Perks
Great Place for first time warehouse workers
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 16, 2017
The job is a job, but can branch out to any department and learn everything if you just ask and are willing to learn. Strict rules but they make sure your on task not meant for people who cannot lift heavy.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Short Breaks, No Competitive Pay
Clean work environment with fun challenges every day
Refurbish Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 3, 2017
A typical work day involved congregating as a team before the shift and being updated with the latest news about the overall company. This made me feel included and goal-driven throughout the day. It was not repetitive but offered some creative and problem solving skills. Managers were fun and supportive. The scheduling is nice along with overtime opportunities. There is a good culture that allows others to interact and enjoy working with each other while staying productive. The daily quote is reasonable but the pay is too low. The low salary is the biggest drawback.
Pros
Clean, Steady, Friendly
Cons
Low pay
Great environment to learn and grow.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 3, 2017
This place changed me and turned me into the young leader I feel like I am today. Learned a lot from all the management and creative minds from teams throughout the United States. To this day I still live my life towards their core values and apply them in my everyday life.
Pros
Bonuses, luncheons, benefits, great people
Cons
no con
Fast paced environment with diverse culture
Outdoor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAMay 1, 2017
Restoration Hardware is a great place to gain experience in warehouse organization/distribution, internal functions of the company, communication within a fast paced environment, computer catalog organizing.
Pros
Catered lunch and great compensation
Cons
As long as you play by the rules it's not a bad place to be
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHApril 29, 2017
In my opinion it's definitely one of the better warehouses to work for in the area. There's definitely a fun yet work orientated atmosphere. The employees get good benefits and as long you show up and do your job you have a chance to progress in the company. If you're on the edge about warehouse work i definitely recommend giving this place a shot! They even have two in house staffing agencies!
Pros
good pay, good benefits, gym for all employees, they have free catering sometimes
Cons
it can get hot in the summer
A fun palce to work and verey well ran and a good place to move up in the company
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  North East, MDApril 26, 2017
I realy like my boss and the pople i work with and the type of work i am doing all the jobs in the ware house i driften one each day so i can be moved around in the ware houes at any time and i lke the equiment i run and use and it is a verey safe place to work
Pros
good pasy
Cons
not a anuf over time
easy place to work , hard work goes unnoticed
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Patterson, CAApril 25, 2017
pushing two years of employment with no pay increase but company continues to buy equipment when work load is very low. new equipment is definitely not needed. hard work goes unnoticed, management is heartless , and employees definitely come last. Wouldn't recommend anybody to work for the company. at least not the building is work at . pretty much EVERYTHING we were told at the beginning has yet to happen. the only plus for this company is the work is easy and we don't work weekends
Pros
Cons
no pay increase
Highest quality home furnishings retailer
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 21, 2017
Retailer of some of the finest furniture, decor, lighting, and accessories for your home with an emphasis on delivering First Class Service to all customers.
Company lacks direction and consistency
Digital Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHApril 19, 2017
Wonderful people however they are always changing direction of their business and are inconsistent with clients. Management changed 5 times within my 2 years.
Resto's cultural "heyday"
Corporate Sales Coordinator/ Trade Administrator (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAApril 12, 2017
I was lucky enough to work at RH back when it was something of a hey-day.

There was a lot of company events - ice cream socials, Cinco de Mayo luncheons, Leadership seminars, pennies on the dollar pricing at employee Sample Sales.

All of this was already beginning to wind down when I left.

I met a lot of great folks that I truly enjoyed working with and am still in touch with. We are all supportive and help each other to network as we're able.

I learned a lot of RH. People there were patient and willing to help.

The high end retail world is fairly incestuous. People often move from Williams Sonoma to PB, RH, Crate and Barrel, Serena and Lily, Gap, etc. Good places to meet people and make contacts.
Pros
Assume positive intent
Cons
Long hours, pressure to do more
productive furniture restoration company
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 12, 2017
became certified on cherry picker and stand up reach pick and pack inventory for outgoing locations using rx scan gun quality control inventory maintained safety rules while working productive
its okay
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Patterson, CAApril 12, 2017
They offer Fair pay and benifits.Overall it's not a bad place to work. there is a lot of Over time available during peak season and some off season.
Pros
regular days and hours
Cons
lots of over time
Productive workplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 10, 2017
Zero negatives, would still be apart of the company. I had to leave due to unfortunate health reasons. Management was great and very helpful. Compensation was excellent.
Not the best place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJApril 10, 2017
One sentence, new district manager came in and was cleaning house with all store managers. No employee culture to be proud of.. Wouldn't ever consider going back.
Job is ok, fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAApril 9, 2017
Job is ok, good training program, but very high pressure. Job is mostly problem solving so customers complain constantly, making your day very depressing
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Customers are difficult
Innovative company, but needs improvement in core systems
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAApril 5, 2017
RH was a great place to work, and advancement opportunities are endless. The company is very innovative and the people you work with are amazing. However, their core systems (computers, processes, policies) are all outdated and company refuses to do anything about it.
Pros
Discount, great people, excellent networking.
Cons
No matching in 401k, endless work days.
Restoration Expierence
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  North East, MDApril 3, 2017
Being hired on permanently may be a different experience. However the staffing agency that handles employment does not care about the employees. Their mission is to make sure you do not get hired on permanently.
nice place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHMarch 27, 2017
Very fun group of people to work with. other employees were very good at helping each other when needed. Company was also very understanding when we needed time off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Restoration Hardware. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8