Restoration Hardware Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent store to buy true valued one of a king furniture.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAMarch 19, 2016
If I had the chance to work with the company again I would. As I would with all the jobs I've ever had. I would just take a different approach then the one I had before with all priors jobs. No true complaint except I wish management would been just a little more considerate during my probation period when I ran into a few times I was late when falling really sick during the time. Considering before I was on the probation period I worked for the company for more than a year through a temp agency and never missed one day for any reason nor had a tardy issue. It was only after the one year once hired I ran into a few tardy's due illness and not enough rest. I was suddenly let go.
A great company with great potential
DESIGN CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAMarch 1, 2016
This company is a great platform for learning about the highest level of customer service, which is where RH really shines. Nothing beats their progressive efforts to evolve beyond what is expected. While the Restoration Hardware galleries are magnificent in display, the company culture beyond the facade can be indoctrinating to the creative mind. For the hard working innovative people that purvey the goods in their galleries, there lacks any kind of bonus or incentive to continue striving for better. If the company could provide incentives as magnificent as their galleries, there would be much less of a turnover and the people that would gladly stay would become more so a part of the local culture designated to that particular brick and mortar.
Great place for beginners to learn
Sales Representative and Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 10, 2016
Restoration Hardware is a fantastic place to work, the customers you meet really make the job worth it. The Morning Meetings and check ins made the start of every shift exciting and fun. You learn a lot about design and how the company runs. Management was difficult because of it being new and having no experience in the design field. It was difficult to ask for a day off and usually were not granted the request until days before or asked you to change travel plans after you were granted the time off. Also, working on your day off was typical as well, your work email is always on.
Pros
Customers, Location, Experience
Poor Management
Visual Design Lead/Sales07 (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 31, 2016
Only have part time workers and pay very little. Management is very immature and very little opportunity for advancement within the company.
hypocritical under paid pitty party
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CANovember 3, 2015
I used to work for RH for almost a year. I took a lot of pride in what I did there, which was all call center work. You sit in a cubical all day and take calls and assist clients with exchanges and returns and any issues that they had via computer and telephone. Leadership says that one of their core values is people but that could not be farther from the truth. I ordered a locket for my wifes birthday from RH baby and child and it had a defective part and they refused to exchange it because i did not keep the little plastic bag and envelope that they HR manager tossed on my desk. They fired my mentor who just had a baby girl a few weeks prior. RH call center pays 12$ during training and then a dollar raise once you go through furniture training. They run off an occurrence system and will not excuse any tardiness not even traffic jams. I was a model employee and lost my sister so when I took berevement leave I assumed they would work with me and my schedule. They fired me due to attendance because I tried to cancel my overtime that I scheduled in error and immediately put in a request to cancel the overtime due to operator error. They have a high turn over rate and think that everyone and anyone is expendable. NOT A CAREER, DECENT FOR COLLEGE KIDS.
Pros
decent hourly pay
Cons
management/ workcenter attitudes.
Awesome if you enjoy smoke and mirrors
receiving manager (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Not a good place to work. HR is a joke catering only to the directors needs in order to preserve their own job security. The director is oblivious to what really takes place day to day and puts his faith in managers who undermine him among themselves and to the associates. Their core values sound great but are none existent. "The right people for the job" only exists if you are "familiar" with the director and your nose is up his back side!
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
The so called "leaders" have zero leadership capabilities
Productive and fast-paced
Refurbisher (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 18, 2016
Great co-workers and good management but no promises to move up the working chain. I worked there for my first three months and asked if I were elegable to be permanent but all they told me was they didn't hire until budget was met. This is a multi-million dollar company and they didn't meet budget? So I asked my superviser what I needed to do to show I am someone they need to hire. He said that I'm already doing it by working hard, fast, and always showing up on time. So I kept up my hardwork and no sign of promise from this job. My fiance and I just had our baby boy in December and it's not easy keeping up with bills at $10/hr with bearly getting 40hrs/week. Easy place to work but no future working there.
Pros
Easy and good people-friendly environment
Cons
no overtime or future
The best in the industry work here
Web Photo Retouching Lead (Current Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAApril 4, 2016
Co-workers are the best in the industry. Group chemistry is over the top.
Hardest part is dealing with management's learning curve. Most managers haven't the experience or knowledge of how to lead a group through dynamically changing projects.
Pros
Co-workers
Absolutely horrid company
The Right People (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAJune 11, 2016
Jobs are at the whim of keeping clients happy that may not even be unhappy and escalated. The mercurial temperament of the CEO means no one's job can be secure for any length of time. Leadership is poorly trained and seldom reports up to Directors, VPs and C-levels what's happening in their respective organizations.

Suggestion: Don't just do skip-levels that uncover what you're satisfied to hear, turn over every single rock and understand that there are people terrified to lose their jobs, and unfortunately will not speak up unless they feel supported by senior leadership to do so. The People Team has some great people, but unfortunately, those in the senior positions are those that don't do the good work and are incredibly detached from how to support the People, instead of just the operations. People first right?
Pros
innovative, highly regarded company
Cons
untrained leadership, rash decisions, political insane asylum
Run!!! Very cultish environment
ASSISTANT STORE LEADER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 3, 2016
If you value your individuality and how that can contribute to the success of your company, this is not the place for you. This is a very insular cult-ish company that only cares if you drink the cool-aide. My co-workers were awesome and the product wonderful and the salary very good, but there's where it stops.

The "core values" are really designed to make sure you drank the cool-aide and if not, used against you to drive you out. I've never experience anything like this and hope to never again. Just look at the recent performance of RH and the critical reviews of the management and decide for yourself.

This is the only company I've ever worked at where the store leader plays mind games with you and stabs you in the back just to show you "you have work to do". I felt like I was back in high school and the mean girls were running the show.

Do yourself a favor and pass on this company and you and your career will be grateful!
Pros
nice salary, awesome co-workers
Cons
very cult like environment, core values are designed to drive you out if you don't conform
Great Company that truely lives its values of People, Quality, Service, and Innovation
Director of Loss Prevention (Current Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAMarch 3, 2016
Great Company that truly lives its values of People, Quality, Service, and Innovation. The values are not just spoken about annually, but lived Daily.Company cares about Work Life Balance.
the worst employment environment ever (at least the one in South Florida)
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 22, 2016
This is a Company where they are only concerned about values and not about talent, integrity, commitment, skills, professionalism, responsibility, hardworking individuals, punctuality and goal achievers.
The employee looses all the personal values to become an entity that is only ruled by this philosophy. This is a place where the store manager only cares about these values and interpret it completely wrong and don't even know how to operate a cash register.
It's ok to follow the company's rules and guidelines, but it's unacceptable to loose your own identity!!!!
This a place where a Gallery Designer runs in circles when comes to designing a space and don't have the minimal idea about space planning nevertheless using CAD, which is the software for Designers and Architects; and he states he is a graduated architect from Venezuela and don't know how to read a floor plan!
Pros
never free lunch.. prohibit ot.. no bonus nor commissions
Cons
prohibit interaction between employees
Easy and fun work
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXApril 7, 2016
Each day I came into Restoration Hardware, I was aware of just how easy my day was going to be. Yes, customers become a handful at times when we're short staffed, but it was still pretty simple to help each one of them out without being rude or short with another customer and without the customers getting rude or short with us. For the most part, this job was very simple and I was glad I was given the opportunity to work her for the short amount of time that it was open in that location.
Pros
Easy, great pay for part time sales rep, hour long lunches, etc, no real uniform.
Cons
only open for six months
Benefits leave a lot to be desired
Reporting Management (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CANovember 20, 2015
There is no 401K match and the salaries could be better for the area for the lack of other benefits, CEO likes to talk about the core values but does not follow up with management to make sure they live them.
nice people, poor work culture
supply chain (Current Employee) –  Corte Madera, CANovember 3, 2015
one of the most chaotic companies I have worked at. there is no SOP or transparent work targets. the decision making process is solely management driven, minimal or no employee involvement.
Pros
great products, nice coworkers
Cons
management, culture
Very little growth opportunity for mid-level
Web Publisher (Current Employee) –  Corte Madera, CASeptember 28, 2015
Great for entry level, first time employees not so great for experienced mid-level associates trying to move up.

Great for entry level exposure.

Terrible Work/Life Balance, toxic culture.
Pros
Great for entry level exposure
Cons
Terrible Work/Life Balance, toxic culture
Culture was amazing
Leader (Current Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAJune 29, 2016
This luxury brand furniture company has amazing people that work on every team. The people and culture are amazing and you either "get it and like it" or you don't. The company doesn't seem to have a long term business plan and like to change at any moment for any reason. Depending on the team you work for, work/life balance is questionable.
Pros
Discount, beautiful place to work
Cons
Benefits are not competitive, no 401k, ESPP, vacation cap.
Retail Sales
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2016
RH was an excellent company to work for. The products were top quality and the clientele was exciting to work with. The management team that I worked under was not only flexible but goal and people oriented.Trending home decor can be a chore to keep up with and I would say this was the hardest part of my job.
Pros
Quality Products and good discounts
Cons
Trends constantly change so there is a need to keep up
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 19, 2015
i dnt really have anything to say about fidelitone logistics except that they arent fair when it comes to pay. Youll do so much work for the little pay that they give up. Theres no room for a raise what so ever.
Growing Fast
Receiving Lead (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAOctober 7, 2015
Restoration Hardware was a great place to develop yourself. It was the land of opportunity until you realized the culture you are surrounded by. The employees voices are suppressed by upper management. The open door policy is non existent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Restoration Hardware. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7