Restoration Hardware

Restoration Hardware Employee Reviews

Stay Away
Will not discolse due to certain retilation (Current Employee), Tracy, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: low pay, high demand, belittling culture, inexperianced and arrogant managment staff
No structure.
Micromanaging VP of Operations, interviewing janitors one day and planning call center operations the next.
All decision making by management is driven by (more then often) false assumptions.
Lack of any project management. Projects are initiated without any plan, foresight, or analysis. They are rarely seen through to completion as focus gets constantly redirected to other issues.
Do not work here
Material Handler (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: not enough hours and not promised your permanent hire
I had liked the job however I had worked over 3 months and I was still not hired permanent.

Lifting really heavy furniture for not enough pay.

Hours were cut.

Team did not supervise well as i was hurt more than 3 times did not complain and got laid off a day after i was hurt on the job.
Very stressful !
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Tracy, CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: they did bring in food or snacks on day you were forced to work at least 10 hours
Cons: there are many months that are blocked for vacations. having to search for a seat everyday
You are required to work MANY hours of overtime during much of the year. You are expected to let any customer who calls in curse at you, call you names and if you EVER hang up on a customer no mater what even if they threaten you life you are terminated no questions asked. They offer bonuses that are so hard to make they are a joke. They have the worst HR department I have ever worked with! Should you ever need to use FMLA in California they dont have a clue. You are directed to their Medical team Aetna and they take so long to process papers and never call you back.
The people I worked with were wonderful. Hard working men and women but just about everyone there was stressed out by the job or the hours. I dont believe any person should have to listen to someone degrade them just because there item arrived damaged. Their take, its not personal. When you listen to it for 8 to 10 hours a day its hard not to get beat down by it.
It was a good work environment because of the team I was around we were all very ambitious individuals.
Order Processor (Former Employee), Shipping DockMay 18, 2015
Pros: U may feel apart of a very good helpful team, all working towards the same goals.
Cons: Just as easy as you could feel proud, you could feel frustrated with how rude some people are when they call in for assistance.
My day would start off with getting my systems up on all my screens. I would be ready and eager to work because the job presented so many challenges & I like to see what I am made of myself at times. My management team, there were some that were good & there were some that were not so good. The co workers were awesome, they were nice and willing to assist if I were to get stuck on a call & vice versa. Overall, I enjoyed being able to work in a fast paced environment, and do the tasks well as well as accurately also.
A fun place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 15, 2015
Pros: Strong customer service and Quality first.
Cons: Financial unstable
Strong focus on quality merchandise and customer service. They work closely with artisans to create beautiful one of a kind products.
Restoration Hardware Support
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMay 12, 2015
Fast paced fun work environment.
Quality in the details.
Great Leaders and exceptional coworkers.
Great Travel opportunities.
Great People Ok Company
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), West Jefferson, OHMay 8, 2015
Pros: Awesome Co-workers
Cons: Minimal advancement in the company
Restoration Hardware has great company core values. However, the Leadership does not live by them. They have good people working for the company exceeding company goals but show no appreciation. Along with that, there is minimal advancement within the company.
Shipping and Receiving
inventory, equipment operator (Former Employee), West Jefferson, OHMay 7, 2015
I did shipping and receiving, stock shelves, inventory, and operated a forklift, cherry picker. This was a very good job but it was only a temp job.
Something new everyday and getting to work with a diverse customer base
Lead Key Holder (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 3, 2015
Pros: Positive atmosphere, good benefits, and a 40% discount.
Cons: I honestly do not any cons.
I was part of management.. Being a lead I would open and close the store, make sure all the registers balanced and most importantly make sure all the customers were happy.
An amazing company.
Director of HR, Senior Leader of Human Resources (Former Employee), Corte Madera, CA.April 29, 2015
I loved working with such a talented, driven and amazing team. Was able to learn and grow. A wonderful experience. Loved working for a value-based company that lived by the Values and Beliefs.
Call Center
Customer Service Lead III & Account Analyst (Former Employee), Tracy, CAApril 28, 2015
Your typical call center. high volume of calls. Fast pace center with some high end customer who can be mean. But that comes with the territory.
Not a bad job
Putaway (Former Employee), North East, MDApril 23, 2015
wasn't a bad job. ran a forklift and turret. 2nd shift good opportunity for overtime. co-workers were a good group of people.
very nice place to work at
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 22, 2015
Very nice place to work. management was always accommodating and getting to know the the workers was a great experience.
Very Chaotic Work Environment
Receiving Lead (Current Employee), Tulalip, WAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great Team
Cons: Home Office team is somewhat clueless
This has been one of the most chaotic and enjoyable jobs I've ever had. As an outlet furniture warehouse, we receive countless shipments that we had to process outside, in the blistering heat or even snow. At the particular store I was in, I have learned many things. One is that you definitely aren't going to like everyone you work with. The management most of the time was in disarray, becoming frazzled every time it got even a little busy, which is frustrating when there is lots of work to be done. The associates tend to be lazy when it isn't busy.
good
Order Puller (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXApril 18, 2015
great company to work for I enjoyed it, the ideal company to work for plenty of room to grow in the company. I would recommend the company to any one to work for.
Ok
General Labor Warehouse (Current Employee), Pompano Beach, FLApril 1, 2015
• Assigned to Restoration Hardware Distribution Center.
• Repacking of returned furniture.
• Maintain cleanliness of the warehouse.
• Separate cardboard, styrofoam and others packing material for recycling.
• Loading and unloading trucks.
• Operate the trash compactor.
Very fun and energetice work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLMarch 30, 2015
The atmosphere was extremely fun to work in, and allowed for personal growth through buying procedures and community involvement. Unfortunately, the owners sold the company and new ownership took the product mix to a new direction that was not focused on the needs of its current customers.
Call Center Rep (Former Employee), gran prairie txMarch 24, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: not flexible if there was a emergency
A different experience. Handling luxurious items of extreme value. Handled calls with customers placing orders for thousands of dollars which is something I've never experienced. I learned how to be/sound more confident with this company.
You're just a number.
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Tracy, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: tons of overtime offered, decent benefits
Cons: disjointed management, outdated system software
Management is worried about one thing at the CSC: numbers. If you can't produce fast enough, you won't make it. No regard for work/balance, decent compensation, tons of overtime offered since there is always a "special" running. Core values include innovation yet their system of records software is older than I am (I'm almost 30). This is a company that stresses "the right people are our biggest asset" yet they don't know how to treat people well (it may just be at the CSC level).
A company with a great vision but a poorly run location.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: hostile/hypocritical work environment
Restoration Hardware has a great vision, and core values that made it initially very appealing to me. Once hired I quickly realized that the location I worked at was a human resource nightmare, with inappropriate relationships and favoritism between management and associates. It became a hostile work environment for both myself, and numerous other team members.

The hardest part of the job for me became trying to keep my team directed, focused, and driven to be productive, in an environment that made many dread coming into work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Restoration Hardware

Restoration Hardware is a luxury brand in the home furnishings marketplace offering furniture, lighting, textiles, bathware, décor, – Read more

Restoration Hardware Salaries