Restoration Hardware

Restoration Hardware Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 13, 2015
Pros: fun culture
Cons: it's retail--must work weekends
Great management
Flexibility in regards to selling
Room for advancement
Fun culture
Learned how to multitask and how to work closely with clientele.
You have to be able to work bulk hours with little pay
Returns Clerical (Former Employee), Tracy, CAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: make decent money, want you to have a happy home, friendly people work there
Cons: they have no problem working you large amounts of hours many days in a row
The people are fun to work with. However this company does not believe in compinsating their employees properly. They give horrible raises. They work 6 days a week with atleast 55 hours a week for 5 weeks 4 times a year,
Great Culture for self starters
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edina, MNMarch 6, 2015
This is a great company overall. I enjoy going to work every day. The people are great and the product is overall excellent. It is a beautiful and spacious environment.
Good People and fun work environment
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee), Essex, MDFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: nice breaks
Cons: job security/advancement
Up-tempo work environment with good, hardworking co-workers that are all on the same page with getting work done. All of the managers I are very good people and seem to really care about their workers. the hardest part of the job is making sure that my count is accurate so that the system can properly reflect what product we have on hand. the most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers. We enjoy each others company and have good relationships
document and store merchandise, operate machnical equipment
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), North East, MDFebruary 18, 2015
typical day is stressful, operate mechanical machinery such as turrets, flatbed forklifts. management no comment. hard workers were my co-workers. hardest part of job were the physical parts of the work. nothing was enjoyable about the job
na
Customer service advocate (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 17, 2015
it is an ok place to work. Ive learned patience and how to better deal with escalated customers. My co-workers are the best thing about my job.
Great work environment with great treatment
Forklift Operator -- Receiver (Former Employee), West Jefferson, OHFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: paid 15 minute breaks. 45 minute lunch. employees treated well
Restoration Hardware is a good place to work, great co workers, clean warehouse. Management is also excellent. I learned multiple forklift machines. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people, my co workers we very outgoing people. In my eyes there was no real hard part to the job, I enjoyed going every day. A typical day of work included operating various forklifts in a volume based environment. Not leaving until tasks for the day were complete.
New second shift is a joke
Processor (Current Employee), West Jefferson, ohioFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free food sometimes, good coworkers and management, pretty good pay
Cons: quota standards
They just started the second shift so there aren't as many people as first shift. They have new people trainig new pew people. Second shift does not have the luxuries first shift does like someone opening your boxes, finding the paper work, doing your research or breaking down your boxes, yet you are still held to the same quota that first shift is. The co workers are awesome, especially the leads and shift manager... But it boils down to the top people not realizing how difficult it is to try and do things the right way with not a whole lot of help and still make quota. This is the best job I've ever had but at the same time, this quota isn't realistic all the time!!
Don't do it
Assistant Gallery Leader (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: long hours, no development, no appreciation
Awful experience. The pay is good but there is no work/life balance. No appreciation of your hard work. No support from upper management. Consistent client complaints over poor product.
Typical day at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 13, 2015
The reason I loved my seasonal job so much was because everybody loves what they do there. It's a fast pace environment, and they are constantly throwing obstacles at you.
A fun but challenging work place.
Sales (Former Employee), Durham, NCFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great exposure to a luxurious world.
Cons: horrible customers and cultish culture.
Very busy and theres lots of money to be made, unfortunately, it's money for the company that you're making instead of for you.
Creative and fun enviorment
Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Garden City, NYFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: free lunch provided.
Cons: the location closed.
My typical day at restoration hardware consisted of planning and merchandising. Meeting with my team to review upcoming changes and product flow. I worked with an amazing team and we really did some great work together.
I learned the most from this position. Things like time management and planning. To having difficult conversations and communication.
Sales Person
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 31, 2015
Assisted customers with purchase, processed cash and credit transactions, and answered phone inquiries, verified invoices kept clean and well-stocked display areas
Inventory Control Clerk
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee), West Jefferson, OHJanuary 25, 2015
I learned how to use multiple inventory control systems and statistics un my everyday work tasks
Typical Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Danville, CaJanuary 22, 2015
I would achieve satisfied sales results through knowledge of product and inventory. I would interact with customers in friendly, yet professional, way providing unique suggestions and solutions to individual customers' needs. The management was good, and easy to offer a helping hand. There were some great co-workers.
productive and fun work place
Customer Representative (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 4, 2015
this company teach me how to become endorsing their product a manners answering telephone.
A Different Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tracy, CADecember 13, 2014
I worked at RH as a Customer Care Rep for only 3 months; shortest time length I've ever spent at a job. There was good and bad like any other job. Whether the good will outweigh the bad, that's up to you.This is how it was for me:

-Long hours: Sometimes the days would fly by, other times seems like it was never ending.

-Coworkers: my coworkers were AWESOME. I can't say anything bad about them! Everyone was super friendly. Though I don't work here anymore, I do miss the people.

-Pay: the pay wasn't too bad! If you like to collect as much overtime as possible, they definitely love to give out a lot of OT.

-Dress code: You can be casual! You can wear jeans as long as there's no rips, of course. Flip flops are fine too.

-Schedule: They have what's called "shift bids" once every so many months. You want a better shift? Your QA score has to be high enough for a certain amout of time to be able to get the shift you want. But then again, the shift you want may not even be listed as an option at that time. Which sucked...

-Requesting time off: There are a lot of black-out dates where you can't request time off. If you want to try to get a day off, chances are it's going to fall on a black-out date.

The reason why I threw in the towel and left this place...

Constant ESCALATED customers! I understand it's a call center and you hear most of the bad over the good, but the bad was bad. Real bad. We had to follow protocol, and even as a CSR I didn't agree with a lot of the policies, but had to stand behind them. And we couldn't defend ourselves or ask the customer to calm down or anything, – more... cause it would count against us. You get the nastiest people on the phone calling you any name and taking everything out on you, and you just have to take it. You can forward the call to a supervisor if they ask to speak to one, but half the time supervisors wouldn't take the call and you're left switching back and forth between the supervisor and this customer who is now throwing a tantrum over everything.

You hear a ton of issues with items arriving damaged for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th time with the same customer. At that point even as a rep, I'm frustrated along with them. A lot of things were unnacceptable. Shipping costs for some items were nuts also, and we would lose a lot of customers due to shipping cost alone. It became very tiring not only being treated like a human punching bag by irate customers, but also having to stand behind these lame policies. Supervisors would tell us to "let them call you names and talk down to you; they pay us a lot of money so if they want to vent and take it all out on you, just listen." That may be cool for some people, but it's not for me. It became overwhelming and I had to get out fast.

Overall the pay was good, coworkers were a lot of fun. If you don't mind being treated very poorly by customers and having to own bad situations and standing behind rules that don't make much sense, this could be the place for you. – less
Worst management I've ever worked under
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pleasant PrairieDecember 12, 2014
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: management and culture
A typical day at work varies. Usually its to run around and take orders from an arrogant and overly pretentious customer base who will waste no time verbally abusing you or treating you like you are beneath them.

Despite the poor aspects of the job, you'll find that the amount of work you do in any one particular day makes every job after it easy by comparison. It mentally prepares you for some of the worst humanity has to offer.

Management is terrible. Absolutely terrible. If you fail to appease your overlord he or she will waste no time removing your hours from future schedules to "teach you a lesson". There is absolutely no flexibility in scheduling as Restoration Hardware assumes that they are your absolute priority above all else. Do you have a second job, or school? Tough luck because that comes second and if you try to trade shifts with a co-worker to work around a day requested off for school a month prior, you'll most likely get pulled into an office and have your integrity questioned for 20 minutes.

Co-workers always start out as optimists and almost always follow one of two paths. Either you pretend to abide by the RH corporate culture, or you live and breath it. If you live and breath it, you eventually turn into a boy/girl scout who is used by your Store manager to rat out anyone else not following Corporate Culture policies 100%.

Hardest part of the job is really a combination of the above mentioned. Due to poor management there is a constant shortage of staff as there is a high turnover which means a large work load put on everyone working. Couple that with – more... frequent event sales which draw in a large customer base and a very unforgiving store culture and a terrible customer base and you wind up burning out fast.

Despite all of the negative there are some positive aspects. 99% of the customer base are terrible excuses for human beings, but there are a few that make the job worth it. You get to know your clients on a first name basis. Your co-workers usually realize you're in it together and if at all possible try to help if necessary despite the usual lack of team work. – less
A company focused on making money
Care Center Advocate (Former Employee), Tracy, CADecember 5, 2014
While making money is a great thing, this company is only focused on just that. A typical day of work is, finding a seat, answering calls, and helping customers with any problems or needs they may have. I've learned to expand my customer service skills and better myself in ways to be more efficient with helping them. Management has only one thing in mind: money. If you aren't making the company as much money as possible, you're either gone or you better get your act together quickly. Management isn't an advocate for you or help you to get better. They are there to make sure you are making the company money. I enjoyed helping customers. Being able to talk to customers from both Canada and across the United States. Being able to help customers add to their homes and help them choose the best product to fit their needs and desires was my favorite part
customer service
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: helping guests
Cons: work hours and management
typical day was assisting guests find and purchase beautiful items for their home

About Restoration Hardware

Restoration Hardware is a luxury brand in the home furnishings marketplace offering furniture, lighting, textiles, bathware, décor, – Read more

Restoration Hardware Salaries