Restoration Hardware Employee Reviews

Fast paced wharehouse packing job
Packing (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHJanuary 5, 2017
This was a temporary seasonal parttime job. I worked packing orders for customers to be shipped.It was a nice place to work. The co-workers & staff were very nice & helpful.
Pros
Good working conditions, nice people
Productive retail environment
Concierge Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Delighting the customer with every experience from order placing, product information, to technical support,every call is different, with different personalities. Co-workers are awesome,and always willing to help out,and the hardest part of the job is trying to deescalate a angry customer.
Awesome Place to work and room for advancement
Operation Lead (Former Employee) –  North East, MDJanuary 2, 2017
Ever since my first day at RH I loved the entire experience. They also gave me on the job training and experience that was able to make me grow professionally. The upper management team were always more than fair with me and took care of me on more than one occasion.
Pros
Compensation, training, and overall experience
Cons
It is what you make it.
Management a bit disorganized at times
STOCKROOM ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYDecember 29, 2016
Overall good. The pay was decent for the work. Management was a bit disorganized at times. Sometimes they would make us do one task, then redo it completely another way the following day. At times it seemed like busy work. I appreciated having a job but....
Gives back to the associate
HR (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CADecember 20, 2016
This company really does give back to the associate. They have several incentive to reward hardworking associates. They all have balance work/life balance.
Pros
schedule, time off, incentives, health benefits
Cons
no over time, start off as temp worker, pay and no 401K matching
Best job I ever had
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Essex, MDDecember 18, 2016
I loved working for this company, they showed love and I moved up in the company. My boss was the coolest boss and I enjoyed the work I was doing. The people are great also
Pressure-cooking cult
Interior Designer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 16, 2016
I wish RH would just be honest about the fact that they sell furniture. Instead, their "galleries" don't actually sell things off of the sales floor and serve to drive traffic online. It is a cultish atmosphere where they pit co-workers against each other and try to fire people from the first day they start. They cut hours to save money because their stock is doing so poorly.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
No bathroom or water breaks
Unfair leadership
Senior Order Concierge (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHDecember 12, 2016
I would not recommend this place of employment for anybody. The company is failing and the turn over rate is absurd because of that. The people they do retain are not happy, morale is low, and expectations are high because they do not have enough workers to cover responsibilities.
Pros
ample VTO, good insurance
Cons
terrible leadership and management
Cult like ambience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2016
theres a lot asked of you at this place. The staff is great and friendly but the company is driven almost as a cult which could b scary and overwhelming; not natural.
Innovative and Growing Work Environment
Associate Gallery Leader (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 27, 2016
This company continues to evolve into a design/retail space that is in high demand of its clients. A typical day is filled with lots of internal and external client interactions. There are many opportunities to innovate and inspire the culture within the company. If you like to be busy and inspire people, this is the job for you.
The worst company to work for
frontline (Former Employee) –  texasNovember 15, 2016
I was there for a very short time. The training is horrible, they need to find a better way to train. Testing out for 3 weeks to get onto the floor makes you feel like you're walking on egg shells. You cannot get comfortable there. There is a small chance that you can move up, but only if you are extremely liked. The attendance policy sucks because you can clock in 1 min late or you get wrote up. If you are looking for a job to retire from this is not the job for you. you are set up for failure once you go to your team.
Advancement Issues
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Patterson, CANovember 11, 2016
To me the company is great. The only problem I have is I do not feel my full potential is being used within this company. No room for advancement for me.
nice atmosphere
Direct Picker (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHNovember 10, 2016
friendly people but management has no clue whats going on. Management has no concept on how product is picked on a daily basis
Great Place
Cushion Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NC 28602November 9, 2016
Great and fun place to work with amazing people. Everyone does their job and get their work done on time. Good quality cushions with good textures and colors.
Luxury brand with a want to be start-up culture
Marketing Designer (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CANovember 3, 2016
Awesome HQ in Corte Madera but difficult to travel at times even if you live in San Francisco. Great co-workers but upper management seemed to have a disconnect with others.
Pros
Projects, snacks and benefits
Cons
Travel, Management and over working
Im hard working
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CANovember 3, 2016
assembly line , and stock items as well as clean up after your self
i personally didnt like it because i feel i have more skills then just working at a warehouse and also they dont care about the employee
Look Elsewhere
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 1, 2016
The latest leadership change has taken a toll on this location. Turnover is tremendous and a lot of excellent employees moved on to better opportunities that do not involve micro-managing and dishonest leadership.
If you do not look "perfect" expect to hear about it. If you are overweight, handicap or an ethnic race do not expect to be promoted. Leaders will use you for the position you are hired for and keep you there with no growth opportunities.
The gallery looks great but the moral of the employees is super low. They work hard for scraps. No commission and a discount that does not suffice to the overpriced merchandise.
Pros
With the proper staff the environment can be kept.
Cons
Management, district managers, VPs, CEO
Hectic enviorment with little to no oversight
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 31, 2016
Most people were late. Managers and supervisors had their favorites. A few people had to take on the majority of the workload. Unpredictable schedule that made it hard to plan personal life.
Warehouse work
Refurbisher (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDOctober 18, 2016
Pretty cool place and all employees get along with one another. Nothing ever went wrong there its a nice man's job.I was not there long but the work day is easy
Amazing culture
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 10, 2016
Restoration Hardware has an amazing culture! Great team, positive and motivating. Company is very innovative and always looking ahead. Sales / design environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Restoration Hardware. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8