Restoration Hardware

Restoration Hardware Employer Reviews

Too much attitude, then expecting you use your off time for the companies benefit
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GeorgiaAugust 4, 2014
Pros: i didn't see any pros for this company.
Cons: attitude, no trust, demanding of your time, bad pay
Management has the attitude they are better than the employees that make the business happen! Never in all my retail career, have I ever felt incapable of doing my job. Management watching your every move, even though management tells you to step up and take care of issues. They believe you should not have a life outside the company... you should live – more... and breath for this company only. The pay is horrendous! Millions of dollars of merchandise is sold and you get a minuscule amount of money for what they ask for. At least give some kind of commission for the millions employees sell. Management acts like it's a privilege to work for the work company and under them.
Not worth the time nor effort! RUN!!!!!!!

If I could have given less than one star for management and work life balance, I would have! – less
Prodcutive and busy
Advocate (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: ability to service real people in person . flexiable for sitting walking and standing
Cons: second shift
Control Point Operation ABS Brakes Components. Verifty and direct conerns to motor bay areas, for review/ either repairs from Chassis area. Sun Visor quality concern in Trim inspect areas of concerns and accept or reject base on quality and Team leader.
Productive company for high end retail products
Packing Associate (Current Employee), West Jefferson, OHJuly 24, 2014
Pros: decent company, management is good
Cons: you must start through a temp company, only after so many hours, you can get hired on, what i hear is that around your 9 mth mark, they might hire you.no benefits. unstable hours
A morning meeting starts off the day, to give us some kind of ball park time we will be there, demonstration of what is needed and if any problems have came up, some future prospects about the upcoming work agenda for the month, week, day etc. We come in and get right into work restocking boxes, grabbing a tote, reading the order, taping up the correct – more... size box, scoring the box if needed, making sure all the items are in the tote, then packing them into box. Ensure the the mailing label is on the box in the correct area. Management is there is you need them and are very good to converse with, they will work with you through any problem. The co- workers are primarily good with your occasional bad apples that like to stir things up, I just like to stay out of all of that, I just like to come in and do my work and go home.The hardest part of this job is never knowing how much you will work in a week, the hours are not consistent, because it is a volume based company, so if they run out of work, they just tell us to go home and some of the totes can be heavy so if you get rotated to the end of the line and you are there for most of the week you get really wore out because the people at the beginning of the line take the lighter totes leaving you with the heavy stuff. I enjoy the job, because the steady-fast pace of it makes the day go by pretty quick- though the quota can wear you out, especially be the end of the week. – less
Worst Experience Ever
Design Consultant (Former Employee), Mt. Lebanon, PAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: nice products
Cons: no benefits, mean management, uncomfortable working conditions, poor training. manager hogs the leads.
If I could give less then one star I would. They are not for the employee. Whatever they tell you don't believe them. RUN....
There are too many good companies. I work for an income not for fun.
Top notch brand that is truly leading ALL home retailers below Ralph Lauren Home.
Visual Merchandising Operations Manager (Former Employee), Corte Madera, CAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: super trend setting brand that is leading home retailers
Cons: not for the weak, need to have the drive, if you think you are just getting in and do little, not the place for you.
Absolutely a trend setting brand that I was so very blessed to have worked for and had the experience of building what we see today. From the front to the back of retail stores, the look, feel, sound, and smell of the brand and all aspects of what you see, I learned so much and feel it was the greatest company I have worked for.

The leadership is tough – more... if you are not willing to listen and take great notes, you should not consider the company. You need to ensure you have the drive to do better every time. The CEO is driven to be the best and will get there. Once you have his trust, he is very rewarding and true to the brand. The chief creative officer is right on trend and leading the industry on how things are developed and done in every creative aspect. The chief product officer is absolutely the best person to work with and for. Gets people, gets the product and understands what it takes to make it all happen.

Creatively the company has it's chosen few but they have earned their title and truly know the business. Each of the creative leaders is driving to always out do the last execution and it shows in all of what you see today. – less
ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: health benifits
Cons: management
Restoration Hardware was an ok place to work. It paid well for what you did and the customers were ok for the most part. However management played favorites which made the work environment uncomfortable.
productive work environment
sales associate (Current Employee), Vero Beach, FLJuly 14, 2014
Pros: hard work is rewarded
Cons: no benefits for part time workers
I enjoy working here just wish the position was full time. the company sells quality furniture.
very negative environment
customer care advocate (Former Employee), West Jefferson, OhioJuly 11, 2014
Pros: very clean
Cons: management very poor, low morale, deceitful
You schedule changes every 3 months. Only time I received 40 hours of week was Nov & Dec. They listen to 100% of the calls and are very critical about what you say. You have to say the person name in the 1st sentence and repeat what the customer wants. They expect you to be on the call, follow SOP and note with details in under 10 min. If you cant do – more... this you will be wrote up. It doesnt matter if you are one minute late or 4 hours still 1/2 occurrence. – less
Very bad place
Backend support (Current Employee), Tracy caJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: everything
RUN FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!! Very low wages, they rather give parties instead of raises!!! Management plays favorites, if your not their favorite you don't get ahead!!! They make you feel less and non important!
Hard Labor
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAJune 30, 2014
Working at restoration hardware, was hard labor. Furniture was very heavy almost to heavy to only be handled by one or two employees for that matter. But overall i did enjoy working with the employees, we helped one another. Back brace should definitely be a requirement for this job.
Decent place to work
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Tracy, CAJune 28, 2014
Take customer phone calls, logistics.
Learned how to process furniture orders for high end clients
Loved working with Co-workers
All right place to work in the short term
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dawsonville, GAJune 25, 2014
Pros: hour lunch, fun coworkers
Cons: bad management, demanding of time
This is an all right pace to work for the short term to get you by. This is not the kind of job you can be proud of for long.
They demand all of your time and don't give consistent schedules. One week you can work nine hours and the next 30 hours. The pay is above minimum wage which is good, but they decide pay based on how much they like you and not – more... on past experience.
The lower management is nice but is in the head managers back pocket. Upper management looks out for themselves and expect you to dedicate everything to your job.
Here the costumer is always right. Which is bad if you don't bend over backwards for them.
Time off here is shoddy at best. They will change the schedule at a moments notice so promised time off can change the day before. There are also blackout dates from 11/01 to 1/15 so you wont get any holiday time off to travel and visit family.
Coworkers are fun and typically college students. There's a lot of down time during the week which can be filled with little projects that management gives to fill time but don't really amount to anything. There's a lot of socializing and goofing off during the week and afternoons especially. – less
WORLD OF KIDS
Customer Service/ Call Center (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: getting kids a home
Cons: power
Making sure the families are well trained, and paperwork is done correctly.
Fun people at same level, management could go.
Technical Support Analyst I/II (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 12, 2014
Pros: breakfast on fridays
Cons: bad planning and coordination.
Management tends to rush to decisions, causing a downpour of issues for helpdesk and support center.
A decent ideal warehouse
warehouse worker (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJune 10, 2014
I enjoyed working at that company, just wish the pay was better but overall, not a bad place to work.
Very good people. Very fun company
DC/HDL Advocate (Current Employee), Tracy, CAMay 27, 2014
just did an unpaid internship so can't say much about compensation and benefits but the people are absolutely amazing. Very nice and treated everyone the same regardless if you were a director or just an assistant.
Okay place to work with okay benefits
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), West Jefferson, OHMay 21, 2014
Pros: they go above and beyond for their workers
Cons: shift changes ever 3-4 months
My day consisted of taking phone calls and placing orders for customers. The co-workers were great and the overtime was out of this world, but it wasn't enough of a challenge.
great for active people
Operator (Former Employee), loma linda, caMay 20, 2014
Pros: good work outs
Cons: limited advancement
excellent for young adults and teens.. teaches great time management and team work..

and you build a new family and a sense of belonging.
Supportive Managment
Customer Advocate (Current Employee), West Jefferson, OHMay 19, 2014
Pros: supportive staff
Cons: hours
Restoration Hardware is by far the best job I have had. The customers are all very polite, but the true reason I enjoy my job are the Managers. I have never felt so supported in all my decision, weather its a career, personal, or even when I decided to change schools they have been supportive and helped me map out my next steps.
Fast pace and friendly enviroment
Home Delivery Returns Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 6, 2014
The start of a day in the Home Delivery Department could be anywhere from 4:30 - 5am. This is another fast paced environment due to the high attention that is required in this department to each order. I learned how to muti-task with accuracy and in a timely manner. There were many people in this department and also another company I worked closely – more... with to ensure high end customer service. I feel the hardest part of this job was the End of Quarter rush. This happens 4 times a year and it is very demanding time but very accomplishing in the end. – less

About Restoration Hardware

Restoration Hardware is a luxury brand in the home furnishings marketplace offering furniture, lighting, textiles, bathware, décor, – Read more

Restoration Hardware Photos