Restoration Hardware Employee Reviews

It's retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 21, 2017
Like many retail businesses hours vary. Hardest part of the job is being flexible in working hours. Workplace culture is fine. Best part of the job is working with various types of customers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Very ridged flexible hours
it is a terrible place and they treat their employees badly
Returns Associate (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CASeptember 21, 2017
I learned that the company is a terrible place who undermine their employees and expect the employees to go to other departments even when the others are terrible at doing their jobs and the pay isn't worth a giving up your health
RH lives its Values
Senior Director of Loss Prevention (Current Employee) –  Corte Madera, CASeptember 20, 2017
RH lives its 4 Values of People, Quality, Service, and Innovation with daily/weekly Values meetings with the associates and leadership teams. It is not something talked about annually, it is truly a part of the daily culture.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No 401K contribution
Great Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CASeptember 19, 2017
Answered phone calls in regards to products, shipments, returns, pickups, etc. Gathered information from customer regarding products, input in system and made appointments for deliveries.
A friendly and professional environment ...
Catalog Copy Editor (Independent Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Corte Madera, CASeptember 16, 2017
RH offers a friendly, professional environment and a pretty relaxed atmosphere to work in. I work as a copy editor for the print catalog department. In our building there are about eight copy editors and maybe 10 productions associates working together and enjoying their job.
Pros
Friendly and professional. Well furnished!
Cons
None!
its a place where you could learn alot.
Senior Desktop Analyst- Executive Support (Current Employee) –  Corte Madera, CASeptember 13, 2017
I usually work from 9 AM till 6 PM. Mainly I help executive users with hight end customer service. I have learn a lot about Network and Security plus the company culture is amazing. The management kinda pain but I was able to deal with them fine. the hardest part of my job is new projects and our deadline. I really like hanging out with my co-workers and its really fun to know about them.

Thanks
Amazing Place to Work
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CASeptember 13, 2017
Sometimes i wish i could work for this company and not just be a temp. The pay is decent and i got promoted to lead in a couple months. I ran the warehouse made sure everything went smoothly so my boss did not have to worry. It was a relaxed environment yet productive. If i lived a lot closer you bet i would take that job again in a heart beat
Pros
Manager like position, Relaxed, Stress free most of the time, Productive work environment, fun atmosphere
Cons
Wish i got paid more for getting promoted, Distance, sometimes the hours, the drive there
Great wprk enviornment
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 13, 2017
Great place to work as long you dont mind lifting 70lbs-100lbs daily. This company strive off team work
And the companies core values. Great benifits and you accumulate vacation from the start date you are hired.
Pros
Good benifits, teamwork
Cons
Heavy lifting
Trainer/ Customer Service/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 13, 2017
Unfair management however easy job with a lot of work to be done. When its slow its slow. When its busy you get more hours. The most enjoyable part is the nice people we work with feels like a family.
na
SALES REP (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 11, 2017
Nice place to work, just needed to be in the medical field so I left,other than that i was a grt experienced,great management team.I will recomand a friend and family to work for them
This was a lesson
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHSeptember 10, 2017
I came to Restoration Hardware with 20 years customer service experience, and a willingness to learn the call center side of customer service. I tried for two years to meet the expectation for the center in which I worked but when the expectatios are changed frequently and your request for training are ignored it is hard to do what is asked. I was not given what I was promised when I started and when the benefits were changed they wer not changed in the favor of the employee.
Productive worker and a good team player.
Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee) –  North East, MDSeptember 8, 2017
I was an inventory control specialist, Rc Scanner off loader and forklift driver at restoration hardware. I worked from monday to friday 7 am to 3:45 pm. It was a very good environment to be in. But again the pay was not good for the jobs that I was doing.
Pros
Great place to work. Good hours
Cons
Did not pay to well.
It was a decent place to work
Picker/Puller (Former Employee) –  North East, MDSeptember 7, 2017
I just didn't like how the managers had their favorites and it showed everyday. Their were very heavy beds that other male employees did help me life when I had to. Other than that it was decent. If u are afraid of heights this is not the job for you.
Just Absolutely Atrocious
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYSeptember 7, 2017
This Company does not care about its warehouse employees. Bosses are probably good guys outside of work, but very fake at work. The worst part is, they try to manipulate you into thinking they're doing all these things for you when in reality they simply don't care. They know the material handler position is terrible but they try to make you think that you're some important part of the company. If they were really that important, they'd get paid more. Oh and without notice, you're required to work longer hours. Don't work here if you care about yourself. It's seriously depressing.
Great Company to work
Executive Assistant for Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CASeptember 6, 2017
Love RH culture. I learned to live there core values and vision. Working at Resto is not just a job its your life. Fast is as low as you go while working at RH.
Enjoyed working with my co workes
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CASeptember 5, 2017
Nice place to work, Started early mornings due to business offices in eastern states. Learned a lot on using excel spreadsheets. Management was supportive. Enjoyable part of the job was being able to buy restoration furniture at a very low price.
Pros
Had lunches available for employees
Cons
Long commute
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 4, 2017
-Verry Stressful
- Poor Management
- learned how to deal with customers
- what the right and wrong things to say when in a bad situation
- hardest part was dealing with manager
-associates were very outgoing
Pros
Worked around with anything i needed to do
Cons
Better Management
Don't drink the KoolAid
Associate Leader (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 30, 2017
It's the culture that it's downfall. It's like Animal Farm where all the ideas of how to set up the society are great, but the implementation is HORRIBLE. That's what it's like working here. The Regional Leader is horribly biased and plays favorites. The Gallery Leadership in the Bay Area are not the 'right people in the right roles'. And while they say they develop people from within for promotion, it's not true. Unless you're a favored person (so culty, right?) you're not not looked at twice. Corporate is incredibly disjointed from the stores; how can you lead if you don't know what a day in the life is like? And the products themselves? The good are great, but the bad are terrible. Like calling CS many many times on behalf of clients to get replacements kind of bad.
You earn vacation, but it's really tough to schedule. No matching 401k. Medical and dental are ok, but nothing grand. OT is constant because staffing is so bare bones, and the salaried employees are the ones that have to pick up the slack.
In short, don't do it. Don't listen to the flattery and don't get smitten with the beautiful surroundings. Go find real people to work for, ones who truly care.
Pros
Merch discounts. Thats about it.
Cons
No 401k, tough to take vacations, schedule medical appts, etc
Always something new to see
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAAugust 30, 2017
Loved the retro merchandise and furniture sold here. Loved creating comfortable living spaces with the clientele and being satisfied and appreciated. Loved the holiday season and the tree trimming
Productive workplace ping pong talbe
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAAugust 26, 2017
Great place great chances to move up and learn new thing learn how to use power equipment many opportunities good work environment great also great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Restoration Hardware. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8