Restoration Hardware

PRODUCTIVE
support advocate (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHOctober 14, 2015
NO WORK LIFE BALANCE
MANAGEMENT SUCKS
NOT COMPENSATED ENOUGH FOR THE CHILDISH TENDENCIES THAT CARRY ON IN THE CALL CENTER
Fun Place to Work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 12, 2015
This place is a fun place to work if your looking for a first time job. Management is very cool. There is a lot of down time so that you can catch up on your work. It is fun getting to meet new people.
Furniture Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 11, 2015
Very busy place repaired anywhere from ten to thirty pieces of furniture per day. I learned a lot throughout my experiences.
Growing Fast
Receiving Lead (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAOctober 7, 2015
Restoration Hardware was a great place to develop yourself. It was the land of opportunity until you realized the culture you are surrounded by. The employees voices are suppressed by upper management. The open door policy is non existent.
Great co workers
Customer Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2015
As I would start my day at Restoration Hardware I would mentally prepare myself for the challenges that would lay a head of me at the work place. As a high end luxury furniture gallery we lived by our standards to deliver high quality furniture (customized furniture as well) and top of the line customer service to our consumers. I learned that even in the most stressful situations, no matter how irate a customer maybe, remaining calm and taking control of the situation goes along way. Sure there were errors on our end from other employees but mistakes will happen as long you exceed expectations from our consumers and turning a bad situation into a happy ending gains the trust and satisfaction from our customers. Management was not always fair however there were few who would go above and beyond for their employees. The hardest part of the job would have to be making an angry customer satisfied and gaining their trust back with the company. A lot of times this was not the case but when furniture is set to be built and delivered in a short period of time, mistakes tend to happen. As long as we are accountable for our mistakes and making the situation right with our customers then we can honestly stand behind our brand.
Pros
Meeting people from all over, Engaging in conversations over the phone, and learning something new everyday.
Cons
Not all management standing behind you as an employee, miscommunication, and being paid less for more work.
Very little growth opportunity for mid-level
Web Publisher (Current Employee) –  Corte Madera, CASeptember 28, 2015
Great for entry level, first time employees not so great for experienced mid-level associates trying to move up.

Great for entry level exposure.

Terrible Work/Life Balance, toxic culture.
Pros
Great for entry level exposure
Cons
Terrible Work/Life Balance, toxic culture
The leadership is atrocious.
Senior Advocate- Grand Prairie (Current Employee) –  grand prairieSeptember 27, 2015
I would only recommend this company to people in extreme need of a job. Not a place to start a career. NO input on 401 k. No communication. Supervisors don't follow policy so it makes agents feel as if they don't have to either. Currently we have no HR manager. They do have great incentive programs and goals are achievable.
Pros
Its a growing company
Cons
there's no continuity
Plan on a 40+hr work week
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CASeptember 24, 2015
People are nice, environment is nice. Company requires a lot of flexibility in regards to overtime and will expect you to work above and beyond a normal 40 work week without overtime pay.
Pros
Espresso Machines
Cons
No time for a normal lunch
Typical Sales Job
Sales/Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Tamp, FLSeptember 22, 2015
There are no commissions on sales. This could be good or bad depending on what you're looking for. The overall product quality is excellent which made it a lot easier for me to believe in what I was selling. No scamming deception is needed to convince people that RH sells a great product. You just have to convince them its worth the money.
Good Core Values
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CASeptember 16, 2015
Company's values include not focusing on who is right, but rather what is right for the client. Allowing us the flexibility to use our judgment to do the right thing ensuring client satisfaction
Pros
Supportive co-workers
Cons
Not much "Team" interaction
Great place to work at but low pay
Operations Leader (Current Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHAugust 20, 2015
I love this job, it is a solid employer that I would recommend to anyone. The management staff is strong and have a solid vision of what they want the company to be. The only downfall to this is that the CEO often tries to put all of his eggs in one basket, he should worry about one or two tasks at a time instead of wearing down the budget making adjustments to the facilities that don't make sense chronologically.
Pros
Free food often, contests, raffles, prizes, great facility management
Cons
Communication is poor between home office and facilities
Enjoyable work place
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Tracy CaliforniaAugust 5, 2015
Great learning environment, enjoyed advancing. Plenty of opportunity to advance, great staff, great benefits. They want you to advance, and go as far as possible.
Great Place to Work
Stock Lead (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJuly 20, 2015
This is a great company for advancement if one is highly interested in the retail field and I had many opportunities to travel including to Canada. But traveling required 70+ work weeks with great compensation.
Fast pace company
Senior Designer, RH (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJuly 13, 2015
Fast management change
Working long hours
Working different schedule weekly
Alternative day offs
Frequent new store managers and employees
Great opportunity to learn.
Returns Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 12, 2015
Love the people. The theory behind the core values and the people that are in management. Easy to get in to but definitely long hours and the accountability isn't where it should be. general warehouse operation.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Overtime
my dail day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 9, 2015
Im come to work place orders , process exchanges, take calls, help assist customer, give product information, create tickets for product information
Bad management, no direction, no training, more about sales
Design Consultant, Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2015
I was told I would get a weekend a month off and only work one weekend day a month. That did not happen for 5 months until I complained to upper management.
There was always talk of building relationships with client, but in the end it was all about sales.
The coworkers were great, but management was awful.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
never could get a regular schedule or schedule days off
Nice view and lovely environment with team feel
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Grand Prarie TexasJune 23, 2015
Daily inbound calls assisting customers, I enjoyed the call grading rubric and earning balloons for calls averaging 95% +.
Management was nice,and employee call help line was very helpful.
Work life Balance
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 20, 2015
This isnt a terrible company to work for, the work life balance is the biggest factor for me personally when it comes to jobs and they are hard to work with .
Nice place to work but challenging.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 10, 2015
Time management is key to a typical day. Trained to be an exceptional customer service advocate. I met some very nice co-workers that were helpful. The hardest part of the job is to rank in quality control while multi-tasking. The most enjoyable part of the job is a satisfied customer.