Restoration Hardware Employee Reviews in United States

very persobable and amazing place to work
Sales Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  PAMarch 9, 2016
I don't want to review if i did it would take longer to list why I am ready to leave then it would to stay. All i can say is that while working here I met some excellence co-workers that turned to friends. The store opening I went to was an excellent experience and the Leaders I met we so inspiring it felt like something long needed.
Pros
free lunch tons of incentives
Cons
favoritism like its no ones business, it doesn't always feel welcome
Great Company that truely lives its values of People, Quality, Service, and Innovation
Director of Loss Prevention (Current Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAMarch 3, 2016
Great Company that truly lives its values of People, Quality, Service, and Innovation. The values are not just spoken about annually, but lived Daily.Company cares about Work Life Balance.
Creative and inspiring workplace with organizational challenges
Editor (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAMarch 1, 2016
Restoration Hardware has an inspired product line and as a company is never afraid to innovate and try something new. On the downside, changes are often deployed in a chaotic and imprudent fashion.
Pros
Free coffee and tea; pleasant surroundings
Cons
Unpredictable and shifting timelines for projects
A great company with great potential
DESIGN CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAMarch 1, 2016
This company is a great platform for learning about the highest level of customer service, which is where RH really shines. Nothing beats their progressive efforts to evolve beyond what is expected. While the Restoration Hardware galleries are magnificent in display, the company culture beyond the facade can be indoctrinating to the creative mind. For the hard working innovative people that purvey the goods in their galleries, there lacks any kind of bonus or incentive to continue striving for better. If the company could provide incentives as magnificent as their galleries, there would be much less of a turnover and the people that would gladly stay would become more so a part of the local culture designated to that particular brick and mortar.
Great Employees
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Patterson, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Personally love the Core Values, as they are very strong within the organization. I have learned a great deal from this company. The best part of my job is the people.
productive and fun place to be if co workers are open minded
Loader (Former Employee) –  North East, MDFebruary 4, 2016
. It is hard work but I think we should've gotten paid more for what we had to do. those boxes are beyond heavy. very dirty theres dust in the air and I would get sick every day from inhaling all of the dirt in the air.
Could be a great place to work
SENIOR CARE ADVOCATE (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 25, 2016
I believe that the company has the right idea, just the wrong people applying it. I think that the employees spend more time talking about each other than talking to the customers. It is a high school environment.
Awesome if you enjoy smoke and mirrors
receiving manager (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Not a good place to work. HR is a joke catering only to the directors needs in order to preserve their own job security. The director is oblivious to what really takes place day to day and puts his faith in managers who undermine him among themselves and to the associates. Their core values sound great but are none existent. "The right people for the job" only exists if you are "familiar" with the director and your nose is up his back side!
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
The so called "leaders" have zero leadership capabilities
productive
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJanuary 11, 2016
the job was ok. the job was very demanding and strict hours for such little pay. would not work here again. resto overall is a good company.
Run Forest Run...away from RH Greenwich, Ct
Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTDecember 20, 2015
Working for RH Greenwich was the worst job I ever had. It is a furniture retail store masquerading as an Interior Design Firm. The only valid person who can work here is a student on a first job. If that is you, only stay one year...for resume building, as there is NO WAY to make any $$ here.

This location is a soul-sucking place who's main "Leader" is absent from the business most of the time, unless you call breezing in and out and not being present, 'working'. This lack of commitment and passion, while I was there, was felt by the entire staff, resulting in a 'no care attitude' that lead to acute lateness and calling off.

If you like to feel like you are back in school, with managers who act more like 'teachers' looking for you every second of the day...come on over to RH Greenwich. If you, on the other hand, have self-respect and want to work in an environment where you can contribute and implement ideas with other professionals...stay away...this is NOT that place. It is an extension of High School, Mean Girls and all!
Pros
Building has been renovated beautifully
Cons
No passion.
Shipping and Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CADecember 9, 2015
Typical customer service. Managers were very helpful. Learned a lot of different techniques and skills. The most difficult part of the job was cleaning up. I would recommend this job to a friend or family member.
Pros
discount
Cons
pay
Very un-organized
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MDDecember 3, 2015
Management is unorganized and the position is misrepresented to employees. Unable to plan life around work because there is never a set schedule. Work load is unbalanced and no one is held accountable.
Really fun and cool place to work.
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Patterson, CADecember 1, 2015
The people are pretty good people as long a you do you job and show up you are gravy.45 minute lunches feel like real lunches. and you get 15 minute breaks
Benefits leave a lot to be desired
Reporting Management (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CANovember 20, 2015
There is no 401K match and the salaries could be better for the area for the lack of other benefits, CEO likes to talk about the core values but does not follow up with management to make sure they live them.
Great group of co-workers
sales support (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, ILNovember 18, 2015
Too many demands for the wages, expectations of the job were unrealistic. The hardest part of the job was who is in charge-too many bosses and they all want to be the ceo. I will give them credit for bringing in snacks and water (gee thanks). There is really no incentives to work there, no commission or bonuses for the hard work and sales commitment to the company.
Pros
CO-WORKERS, DISCOUNT
Cons
HOURS, PAY, BENEFITS
unloader
unloader (Former Employee) –  North East, MDNovember 4, 2015
had to unload trucks.some times i had to work from 6am to 5pm all what the managers wanted. sometimes i had to work 5 days a week to 7 days a week
hypocritical under paid pitty party
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CANovember 3, 2015
I used to work for RH for almost a year. I took a lot of pride in what I did there, which was all call center work. You sit in a cubical all day and take calls and assist clients with exchanges and returns and any issues that they had via computer and telephone. Leadership says that one of their core values is people but that could not be farther from the truth. I ordered a locket for my wifes birthday from RH baby and child and it had a defective part and they refused to exchange it because i did not keep the little plastic bag and envelope that they HR manager tossed on my desk. They fired my mentor who just had a baby girl a few weeks prior. RH call center pays 12$ during training and then a dollar raise once you go through furniture training. They run off an occurrence system and will not excuse any tardiness not even traffic jams. I was a model employee and lost my sister so when I took berevement leave I assumed they would work with me and my schedule. They fired me due to attendance because I tried to cancel my overtime that I scheduled in error and immediately put in a request to cancel the overtime due to operator error. They have a high turn over rate and think that everyone and anyone is expendable. NOT A CAREER, DECENT FOR COLLEGE KIDS.
Pros
decent hourly pay
Cons
management/ workcenter attitudes.
nice people, poor work culture
supply chain (Current Employee) –  Corte Madera, CANovember 3, 2015
one of the most chaotic companies I have worked at. there is no SOP or transparent work targets. the decision making process is solely management driven, minimal or no employee involvement.
Pros
great products, nice coworkers
Cons
management, culture
Started out really good but.......
Mentor/Assimilation Coach (Current Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHOctober 29, 2015
Just did not live up to expectations. This company preaches allot about luxury service but treats its employees like slaves. They preach to "think outside" the box and then put you in a cube in a room with one bank of windows with the shades half drawn and then get upset when you have a hard time coming up with ideas to improve the company. Almost cultish.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
The culture does not hold up when put to the test. Business first people last.
Great Atmosphere
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 26, 2015
Working at Restoration Hardware was a great experience for me. Even though I wasn't rich, working there made me feel like I was.

2.7