Restoration Hardware

Restoration Hardware Employer Reviews

Lots of learning and skill building
Design Support Specialist (Former Employee), West Jefferson, OHFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: learned management skills, and communication skills
Cons: very strict schedule
Manage the designers needs, Up date tracking of all large designer projects and update the designers. I have learned how to work with many different types of people and how to get good work out of them.

I am professent at many computer programs and understand office orginization.

Hardwast part of the job is manageing the designers expectations. Most – more... enjoyable part is the large and diffulcult deliveries that are sucessful – less
Great furniture
Assistant Leader (Assistant Manager) (Current Employee), Flushing, NYFebruary 20, 2014
Lots of moving around and creative freedom to design the store in order for it to cater to your customers. Its an interior designers dream.
A day at work
INTERIOR DESIGNER & SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 14, 2014
A usual day at work entailed having our morning meeting for 30 minutes every shift and making sure that we drive numbers and pushing to sell anything we could to our clientle.
A good place where you could develop a great customer service experience
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: learning about product aknowledge
Cons: i was never offer a full time position
The typical day of work at Restoration Hardware was very activity . I learned to follow up with my furniture order, some with a highly amount of dollars and some with one item, but I gave priority to them.. Manager were always helping us and I would like to mention the help of Janeth Porras who was always there for me.

The relationship between co-workers – more... was like family.. We all getting along...

the hardest part of this job was be at point with all your customers

The most enjoyable was build relationship with your customers. – less
Fun place to work.
Processor (Former Employee), West Jefferson, OHFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: good people.
Cons: heathcare was not the best.
I loved the people there. Everyone helped each other. The bosses actually help work instead of just sitting around. Everyone joked around to help the day go by faster but always got everything done that needed to be done.
Hypocritical execution of core values
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: big name on resume
Cons: no work-life balance
Managed shipping and receiving operations. Lack of modern I.T. infrastructure crippling operations.
home decor and design services
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: hours are not guaranteed if part time
Sharing product knowledge with customers, developing clientele and creating designs to accent or decorate the interior and exteriors of people's homes.
good place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: bbq for us and also bounses
really good co-workers. good environment proud for safety first.
trend setting furniture store
Visual Team and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbia Mall, MDJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: nice group team meetings
Cons: cut backs on schedules
A good place to work. Good ethics and management on the day to day, but be careful of after holiday season cut backs on hours, or they may not have you come back at all.
Best work environment ever!
Visuals and Merchandising Manager/ MOD (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 20, 2014
If you are looking to start a career in retail, this is the place to do so. Great benefits is you are a full time employee. a typical day at work... there's nothing typical about working at Restoration Hardware, its all about the energy and the people. Fast moving work environment, the long hours were not so enjoyable, but a great place to work at and – more... lots of new things to learn every day. – less
94 Picking Supervisor (Former Employee), Essex, MDJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: great people
Great enviroment, career minded long term goals. Highly recommended.
Restoration Hardware
Director of Planning, Decorative Accessories (Former Employee), Corte Madera, CAJanuary 16, 2014
Restoration Hardware is a very dynamic place to work. There is rarely a moment to stop and breathe. This makes it an exciting and challenging environment. Compensation is very good.
Fast paced, high and low traffic, but highly inspirational.
Design & Sales Associate (Current Employee), West Hollywood, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: beautiful environment, design clients homes, work with lovely people.
Cons: benefits & advancement opportunities.
A typical morning starts off slow, with a hello to my friends and a morning meeting that always includes a quote and inspirational speech by management. I then gear up with my walkie talkie and lap-top as clients walk in looking for design assistance. It is here my day truly begins, with clients bringing in pictures to plans we find the perfect piece, – more... in the perfect size, with the perfect fabric or finish. Depending on the needs, some projects take a few minutes and some take a few days. Those taking more time could involve multiple visits, long phone conversations, many emails, Auto CAD planning, and PowerPoint presentations. At the end of the day, after an order has closed, the best part has to be that someone trusted me to let me design their home. – less
no job security
Loader, Forklift Driver, Scanner (Former Employee), northeast, mdJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: getting paid every week
Cons: no job security
nobody wants to work as a team. no job security at all ....the hardest part of the job was tryin to keep your job because of how the job was.
Restoration
CSR (Former Employee), West Jefferson, OHJanuary 12, 2014
This company is trying to advance so quickly that they are not able to keep up with themselves. The staff that they hire are all great, but the morals that the company keeps just isn't somewhere I would suggest someone work for
Great place to work until they ask for impossible standards.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJanuary 10, 2014
I learned to not be as negative as the people who do quality control. I learned how to be a better manager by being the employee managers came to for answers. I learned how to be a better manager by seeing what poor managers do.
Productive place with opportunity for advancement
E-Commerce Production Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Corte Madera, CAJanuary 8, 2014
I have worked with a team managing a launch from the beginning till the end. We coordinated with other departments on a regular basis to ensure an effective product launch while reporting weekly progres to the main manager. As a team lead, I focused on achieving a successful goal in all aspects of production such as production time, budget scale and – more... produced effective results. – less
Fun workplace
Customer Advocate (Current Employee), Aventura, FLDecember 10, 2013
Pros: great networking
I've learned a lot about team work, taking initiative and leadership.
Great place to work with great store level people
Assistant Store Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 2, 2013
Stores are fun places to work. Fun people. Great product. Lots of opportunities to advance into management. management is pretty well compensated considering its retail.

corporate really tries to push their culture down your throat. corporate likes to review core principals with every phone call. VP of Ops can be a bit of a jerk. An example: on a management – more... call with all store mgrs, VP of Ops is talking about the first Gallery store opening coming up. He's excited about it. Says it's happening on the day that he is to take his twin girls to college for the first time. But he really wanted to be at the gallery opening and he really had to 'make a decision'. REALLY?!?! That was a hard decision? this is what I mean, corp pushes culture and the company 24/7. – less
awesome coworkers, lazy management
Sales (Former Employee), Greenwich, CTNovember 25, 2013
If you've always wanted to join a cult and never really quite knew how, then this is the place for you.

The company speaks to it's "core values" in every interview. The core values highlight "people", "quality", "service" and "innovation". During the interview process, I couldn't have been more inspired by them, but am enormously disappointed as they – more... are nothing more than a "do as I say, not as I do" standpoint from management or as they call themselves "leaders". Said leaders are lazy and disorganized. They expect you to behave like soldiers. They frown on developing friendships with your fellow team members. They are freakishly controlling with the staff, yet the store manager has never once shown up to work on time. She has left during the work day to get manicures/pedicures and to have her hair done. If you question leadership, then they cram the "core values" down your throat, expecting you to act like a robot. It is like being in a parallel bizarre universe.

The customers are great. The clientele is wealthy and easy to sell to. The job is easy, yet there is zero chance of advancement, though leadership will convince you otherwise to hook you into taking the job. If you would like an effortless sales position, similar to working at let's say something like an Old Navy, then you will be happy here.

If you seek growth, long term career potential, interior design training or to utilize your existing interior design skills, then keep looking. This is a company that looks great from the outside looking in, but from the inside it is nothing more than a low paying sales clerking job. The company expects you to work at the level of a professional commissioned sales associate, yet pays only a nominal hourly wage with no hope of earning commission ever. My co-workers are wonderful. We are a strong support system for one another. It saddens me that management is old school and doesn't care to develop anyone further. If I were a teacher, I would give this experience a "D" for disappointing. – less

About Restoration Hardware

Restoration Hardware is a luxury brand in the home furnishings marketplace offering furniture, lighting, textiles, bathware, décor, – Read more

Restoration Hardware Photos