Restore Therapy Services Employee Reviews

Unreliable
PRN Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 1, 2017
This company was very poorly managed when I worked there. I was PRN and was looking for 5-15 hours per week as a supplement to my income. Management was unreliable when it comes to scheduling. It was not worth my time to go to a facility to see 1 patient.
Pros
Lots of facilities to work at
Cons
Poor management
August 7, 2017

Thanks for your comment. We are sorry to hear that you didn't get the hours you were hoping for as PRN. Sometimes, that is due to census for facilities in your area and we have it covered by full time employees. Our Staffing team does the scheduling in tandem with our management, so did you let your assigned Staffing Coordinator know you were looking for more hours? We'd appreciate hearing more about the specifics of your situation so we can research it further with our Staffing team. If you will take a moment to contact our HR department and share this information, we would appreciate it!

Excellent patient care
Medical Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALJune 10, 2017
I took pride in knowing I worked for a company that cared about the patients as well as growing the practice It was such a joy to be enriched by the quality of life I took part in giving as a team membe.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Heavy lifting
June 19, 2017

We appreciate your service to our patients and your time working with Restore. Thanks for the positive feedback and we hope to see you again soon in Cullman!

nice rehab. dept
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 31, 2017
It was so long ago i cannot remember why is this required for me to submit 150 minimum characters.This is really getting rediculous and yet as of now i have subimited the required 150.Good bye
Pros
Bbq
Cons
short breaks
June 5, 2017

We're not sure what happened during your experence of trying to leave a comment, especially since it sounds like you didn't want to leave a comment to begin with, but we wish you the best!

Always willing to give you more hours if you want them
PTA (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 14, 2017
Reasonable productivity expectations, competitive pay and enjoyable work environment. They are extremely strict on getting MDS minutes, but most places are these days.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
no increase in pay
May 19, 2017

We appreciate your comments. Companies involved in providing therapy services have an obligation to adhere closely to Medicare guidance. We treat that responsibility very seriously.

Questionable "ineligible for rehire" ???
PTA PRN (Former Employee) –  non disclosedDecember 26, 2016
I worked for this company quite faithfully for almost 4 years, prn, then "part time", nearly every Saturday at least with a goal of 20 hours a week. "Part time" which was essentially no guaranteed hours, less pay than per diem, but a minor accumulation of PTO based on hours worked. Rehab manager was beyond incredible, dedicated and committed to the best rehab we could give as a team. She was on salary, often working from home, texting after midnight or 5 in the morning to give me hours when she could. When I transitioned prn to "part time" I was NOT required to submit a letter of resignation from prn to "part time". When some expenses came up and I needed full time work, with the over saturation of PTA's in this area, (3 PTA schools, soon to be 4 within an hour of my city), I was unable to find full time here and was forced to take a travel job. I let my Rehab manager know, it was fine with her and the call came when she was on vacation. I gave acting manager 1 week, he was fine with it, and I had told them both, I wanted to go back to Per Diem, but would just be unavailable for 6 months. At the time, another PTA had been Per Diem and come to work one day that year and told me, to remain Per Diem, she had to work 1 hour a year. She was home with a new baby and not working in general, but worked to be available if needed. When I came back from my travel job I had been "let go". After much run around with Human Resources, and the formerly responsive Clinical Therapists and regional managers no longer returning my calls, I was told I was "ineligible for re-hire for not  more... submitting a letter of resignation"., IN AN AT WILL STATE!! I texted my manager who said she had no problem and would like to have me back weekends and that she missed the consistency with patients and reliable care I gave. I trust her as much as my my most valued mentor to tell me the truth, so I put the blame on Corporate structures ineffectively trying to micro-manage employees. Company administrators who don't realize their salary comes from our backs, and treating us like high school graduates instead of supporting us as the professionals we are and that they expect us to be with a clarification of the policies creates more distrust between therapists and LTC companies which is epidemic nationwide. We are professionals who care about doing our job without fear of corporate policies throwing us under the bus, losing our jobs by ineffective corporate level management. But they do it. And they are getting to be just as undesirable to work for as the ones you see on here all the time that nearly no one will work for, even in this area. Worse companies which have ridiculous productivity requirements and will fire you or get you dismissed on frivolous accusations, (not me personally, my colleagues). So either, corporate should let management decide, reprimand, teach, train and help us improve, or there is some other reason for letting me go that they are too cowardly or backstabbing to tell me about. Since the management team has always been honest in who was out of line and addressed it while I worked there, I think the corporate structure is just as bad as the other LTC companies. The whole system really needs an overhaul!  less
Pros
Good pay, some really good co-workers, one of the best Rehab Managers ever, makes nearly impossible job less impossible
Cons
Some co-workers aloof, not friendly, menatlly exhuasting, review Pt evaluations and medical history, plan treatments within allowable treatment minutes, which can be compormised if hands on throughout treatment, trying to do point of service documentation, would prefer less time consuming documentation, but, at 85% productivity schedules 6 hours and 48 minutes in an 8 hour day on hands treatment
May 19, 2017

Thanks for your comments. We have a very clear resignation policy that is easily visible to all employees. It clearly outlines what is required. Should someone elect not to follow that policy, they are not eligible for rehire. Your providing a one week notice was not consistent with that policy. You made a personal choice that served your best interests and we did the same.

Great for new graduates
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Alexander City, ALNovember 28, 2016
The company provides excellent benefits and a lot of support from speech language pathologist. Like any snf setting, the hours are long sometimes and you don't always get your holidays off when requested. There is a push for treating part Bs and picking up all part As, and getting outcome scores to show progres.
Pros
PTO and more pay on holidays
Cons
Push for outcome scores
May 19, 2017

Thank you for your comments, we are glad you are having a positive experience with us. We appreciate all that you do as an employee of our company! We encourage you to use your PTO and encourage you to discuss with your manager so they can help you accomplish that.

Nice place to work with friendly people.
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 25, 2016
Productive, upbeat, with helpful staff that serves patients who seem who to be satisfied with the therapy services they receive. The administrators are communicative and easy to talk to about your career needs and concerns.
Pros
Equipped buildings to work in with friendly, helpful staff and administration
Cons
Some of the therapy gyms are too small.
May 19, 2017

Thank you for your comments, we are glad you had a positive experience with us and appreciate your time with the company.

Good therapy team
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 6, 2016
Good work environment with team members to mentor and assist each other for betterment of resident care. Education with policy and technique provided by onsite and offsite education. Free online CEU's provided by company.
May 19, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate what you do for us as an employee of our company, thank you!

Physical Therapy
physical therapy assistant (Current Employee) –  Miller, IndianaNovember 3, 2015
Fun work environment. Pediatric patient population challenges me to think out of the box to obtain goals. Co-workers are team players. Cancellations an issue some weeks.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Late hours, cancellations
May 19, 2017

Thanks for your comments. However, we are not located in Indiana, so you may have meant this for another company.

Review of employment at Restore Therapy Services, Ltd.
Controller (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALOctober 14, 2015
I worked in the corporate office in Pelham, AL for 11 years. I did not leave this company on good terms so I feel it is best that I do not review working there.
Pros
Benefits, compensation
Cons
Working hours and management
May 19, 2017

Thanks for your service to the company for 11 years and we wish you the best moving ahead!

Great work place with good people. Upper management was supportive, good facilities and plenty of equipment to make job easier.
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALSeptember 25, 2015
Great work environment with good management. Great coworkers and coordination between departments. Good compensation package. Usual red tape for a company this size.
Pros
Good facilities, good compensation package. Great site management
Cons
Long hours daily, lots of emphasis on numbers and productivity.

Great Company to work for
LPTA (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL AreaSeptember 9, 2015
It is a great job working with some great people. I like working for this company and with some of the best co-workers. I enjoy traveling around to all of the different facilities in the area.
May 19, 2017

Thank you for your comments! We appreciate what you do for our company and thank you for the care you provide to our patients!

Poor middle level management
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville ALAugust 17, 2015
Poor on boarding process; middle management team is not very supportive or helpful. Likely due to lack of training. There is a high turnover in this position.
HR director and staff is weak and not very responsive to issues. Emphasis on productivity vs quality or appropriate therapy required. There is little or no team work among the disciplines, nor is it encouraged.
May 19, 2017

Thanks for your comments. I hope during your exit interview, you shared with us what we could do to improve the on boarding process. Our HR team does try diligently to be responsive to issues and help employees to the best of our abilities. We do feel that we focus on providing quality service and our Rehab Directors and Clinical Services team work very hard to partner with our therapists to ensure appropriate therapy is delivered.

Good company but with very high expectations
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexander City, ALJanuary 17, 2014
Ability to learn and master treatment plans in accordance with RPT Plan of Care. Small SNF nursing home so able to spend a lot of time with patients. Caseload often became to much for 1 person to manage. Often worked very long hours and difficult to get PRN help. Manager of the department often created hostile work environment.
Pros
Autonomy to develop treatment plans
June 5, 2017

Thanks for your comments. Staffing is a variable and can be challenging, as you do not want to overstaff or understaff. As caseloads may vary, it can be challenging to predict needed staffing levels. As your comments date back several years ago, we hope you reported the issue you cited to HR and your Regional Manager at that time. We strive to create a culture free of harassment and discrimination.

Not an ideal company for minorities
Therapist (Former Employee) –  AlabamaDecember 19, 2013
If you are a minority, you need not apply with this company! If by chance you are hired, Restore will overwork you & set unrealistic expectations only to terminate you at their discretion without justification. This is especially true when you refuse to commit Medicare fraud to increase their profits. Although Restore employs over 1,000 people in different states, there is only 1 minority in the corporate headquarters. Management never responds to your concerns & follow ups are nonexistent. I look forward to the day when this company is out of business!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Incompetent Upper & Middle Management, Racist Company Culture, Long work hours
June 5, 2017

It sounds like your prior work experience at that time was not a positive one, but your comments are not factual, nor do they reflect our values or culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and greatly value diversity. That certainly includes our Corporate offices and field offices. We absolutely do not condone fraudulent practices and have a Compliance Department where concerns can be reported and will be investigated. We take those matters very seriously and I think you will find we tend to be very disciplined in this regard. Our managers respond to concerns that they observe or are brought to their attention. We're pleased to report that we're not only still in business, but growing daily and have a lot of employees who are pleased with their careers with us.

too much on productivity and you never know where you will be working at day to day
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camden, ALOctober 24, 2013
a typical day is driving an hour and a half to work, seeing one patient every hour, and then driving an hour and a half back home.
If you are PRN its a great company to work for.
PRN (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALOctober 16, 2012
Some of the facilities Restore are in are a great place to work at but I have worked in a few where management was not in the business for the best interest of the patient.
Provide excellent services to clients, work with co workers.
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALAugust 16, 2012
Provide personal care services to clients under the direction of RN's
case workers.
I learned how work with a team to complete common goals.
A management staff that strives for perfection.
A team that is dedicated to get the done by all means necessary.
The hardest part of the job is to lose a client to the hereafter.
I enjoying being able to help someone with the little things that mean so much.
Pros
the work i did for others is a reward in itself.
Cons
eating lunch while driving to the next client to ensure the appointment time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Restore Therapy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Restore Therapy Services Reviews by Location