Resurgens Orthopaedics Employee Reviews

Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Correspondence with insurance carriers, patients, providers following up on claims, posting charges. Assisting patients in regards to billing and benefits. Mailing appeals and records for review by insurance company. Management helpful and always willing to help. Management and co-workers always helpful in projects and reports. Enjoy helping patients in getting their claims paid.
benefits
Cons
travel time to work
Front Desk Clerk/Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Learn a lot of new skills which I enjoyed. The management was always open and ready to hear any suggestions you had. This company was also good about when you had issues at home they were always there for you and allowed as much time off as needed.
Pros
flexible
Cons
low pay in some positions
Great workplace that allows for personal growth
Lead Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2016
Resugens is a great work enviorment that allows for one to grow as they want. They are big at hiring and promoting within. Great company with great doctors!
Pros
great benefits
Fast paced, Productive
Medical Records Clerk/Practice Co-Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2016
Productive work place. Pays special attention to the care and treatment of patients. Fast paced, allows development of skills required to provide excellent services.
Very intriguing to work in rotation with 13 doctors
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville and Morrow GaOctober 6, 2015
I had a pleasant experience working with a spine surgeon. I've learned how to read x-rays, MRI's, and how to apply rare cast for optimal healing and protection. Most of my fellow co-workers were enthusiastic and helpful. The hardest part of my job was probably consoling a family after receiving a terrible diagnoses.
Pros
friendly and calm environment
Cons
no over-time
Excellent place to work for medical professionals
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Atlanta area, GeorgiaOctober 6, 2015
Resurgens is a fairly typical mid-sized company. They look after their bread and butter - the physicians and medical staff - and just try to keep everyone else placated enough to stick around. If you are medical staff, I highly recommend this company.

For others (scheduling, front desk, etc), your pay will be below industry standards. Health benefits used to be pretty good but recently they've opted for only high-deductible plans and the cost to add a spouse/family is priced above your level (it seems to be intended for the physicians primarily). If you are a single person, it is unlikely you will be able to afford a one-bedroom apartment at your pay level, depending on your office's location.

The atmosphere is generally congenial and there are lots of little office perks that do make a difference in the day-to-day enjoyment of your job - things like break rooms with vending machines and coffee machines; occasional bagels/pizza/etc; monthly birthday/anniversary celebrations complete with desserts... The company is genuinely interested in customer/patient care and it feels good to be able to look after the patients' best interest. These things and the friendly and dedicated manner of coworkers make the place a pleasant place to work.
Pros
Office perks, commitment to customer care
Cons
Pay and benefits
A great place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAOctober 5, 2015
The doctors and other employees are great and very helpful to others and is a great place to want to work along with good hours.
Very Productive and Fun place to work
Patient Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2015
On a typical work day, I begin by going over any task from the previous day, setting priorities. This job teaches effectiveness, I learned how to delegate and multi-task daily operations of the office. Management was always confident and competent of their abilities and duties. Co-workers worked as team players, often giving/contributing to all projects. The hardest part of this job was being on your toes on a day to day basis even when there were times you weren't cheerful. I enjoyed the people, doctors, nurses, and co-workers and their lasting affect in my life.
Pros
Incentive Bonus
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Good Place to work.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  GAAugust 3, 2015
Very busy place, but fun to work there, The management is very co-operative.
We have enough freedom here.
Always listen our concerns.
Enough Leave hours.
great place to work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAAugust 3, 2015
I enjoyed my time there. The management was knowledgeable and the doctors were great. The company was always striving to give you the tools necessary in order to do your job.
Pros
annual bonuses
Cons
can't think of any
Atlanta's Worst Workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAAugust 1, 2015
The doctors and employees are great!! Management uses intimidation tactics and threatens employees on a regular basis. Be prepared to lose your job if you try to seek help from upper management because they are all friends and will stick together. If you are extremely talented at your job, well liked by your coworkers, a single parent or are over the age of 40, be prepared to be harassed by the site manager. Morale is very low and unless you are friends or drinking buddies with the site manager or regional director you will be miserable. Even with an exceptional work evaluation, a 2% raise is the most you can hope for. Don't waste your time with this company!!
Pros
Free coffee
exciting place to work
Billing and Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJuly 20, 2015
submitting claims to varies insurance carriers.

I enjoyed all my co workers. the Doctors are all partners so they really get involved with their collector.
Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2015
Enjoy working at Resurgens. They provide you with great opportunities for advancement. Executives give you the support you need. Compensation could be better.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Compensation is a little low
enjoyed assisting patient's and familiies
Operator/Patient Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAApril 25, 2015
typical day at work would be answering a multi-line phone general office duties ,how to stay calm under extreme pressure. My immediate management team wore very helpful and friendly. wonderful and professional co-workers .not being able to always solve problems for patients and their families. Always being able to assist patient in their time of need.
Pros
helping
Cons
pay
Central region x-ray supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Resurgens Orthopaedics is a one of the largest out patients companies in the south east. It is great company to work for. I would have never left this company other than it was time to move closer to family.
Another example of a money hungry practice
MRI Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 10, 2014
I can only speak about the former call center that I worked in. However we literally had a board up that showed us the number of exams with the dollar amount that we were scheduling every month. I felt like I was some sort of used car salesman. This company isn't about patient care. It's about being the biggest money-making practice in the state. The call center was closed after I left due to a racial bias investigation in which management was a part of. It was the biggest nightmare of a job that I've ever had.
Pros
Cons
everything
a very good place to work, pay good benifit not good
Insurance Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAOctober 2, 2014
I was a self pay collector, I had @ least 50 phone calls from patient to pay are discuss their balances per day. I posted the money I collected from phone calls and surgery deposits and co-pays plus made payment arrangements it was a very fast paste but the doctors was very thankful and would not let patient be ugly to you for asking for money. . .there was very nice patient then we had some whopper!
Pros
good salary
Cons
healthcare very expense
terrible
receptionist (Former Employee) –  kennesawSeptember 23, 2014
Terrible sucks not worth the time dont bother. Staff is no good. Cut corners all the time.
Pros
terrible
Cons
and terrible
Great, positive atmosphere!
MRI Radiographer (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 18, 2014
Great place to work in all aspects. Encouraged to help each other.
Work place has great patients.
Pros
Positive Atmosphere/ No blame culture
Cons
no permanent jobs available
Do not apply here
customer service (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 17, 2014
Don't work here, they take customer service to the extreme, they don't give raises only 2% and they expect you to answer the phone within 3 rings, majority of people who work there are related or food friends, no room for growth
Pros
meet new friends
Cons
petty comments made by upper management, they always take the patient side over yours, they don't give raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Resurgens Orthopaedics. Our community is ready to answer.

Resurgens Orthopaedics Reviews by Location