Resurgent Capital Services, LP Employee Reviews

Productive and a lot of fun to work
Litigation Liaison (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 26, 2017
I was there for over 4 years and I was promoted from Customer Service Rep to Litigation Liaison. In which I worked with Attorneys only. I learned a lot and grew a lot while there. My coworkers were great and so was the atmosphere.
Highly competitive
Correspondence Processor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 21, 2017
A "Debt Collections" industry driving their employees with quotas and bonuses....highly competitive environment with many reviews and inspections. Have a tough skin!
Pros
Pay Rate
Cons
Negative/Competitive environment
Productive and fun workplace
Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 6, 2017
See my review for my previous position. I enjoyed working there and the employees were happy. I enjoyed working with the end user to resolve the everyday problems that came up on a day to day basis.
Great place to work.
Exeuctive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 9, 2017
I worked for the CEO of the company for 11 years, and then the CFO for 3 years. It was an exciting job. I travelled, planned all the corporate events, weekly/monthly luncheons. The company was very much a part of the community. We were involved with lots of organizations in the community giving back to them.
Pros
Fun place to work, loved the people.
productive job
Disputes Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 19, 2016
good place to work , love the down town setting the management could use some work , love the atmosphere great benefits, and the company bonuses are a plus.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
expensive insurance
Dispute Resolutions Expert (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 27, 2016
Managers and mid level management are a great group of people.

Though this is a financial institution the Job place environment is positive and good.
Pros
Great group of people
Cons
Customers are not willing to take responsibility
Its a good sized company that should offer room to advance.
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 31, 2016
My co-workers were helpful and friendly. They made the job easier to learn and do because of their willingness to explain things and help whenever necessary.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Strict management
No work/life balance and too much management drama
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 21, 2016
The company was a great place to work...a decade ago. In the past few years, management has become nothing but a struggle for power. Half the company under one director, the other half under someone else. Each department gets pitted against another department and the employees suffered. Staffing needs were not met which led to many employees being severely overworked. Overtime wasn't always required but it certainly was implied and you were made to feel guilty if you worked less than 50 hours per week. There was no work life balance by the time I left. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone looking for employment.
Pros
Onsite wellness clinic
Cons
No work life balance, implied overtime everyday, poor management
Best company to work for in the upstate!
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 19, 2015
Great company, great culture and great work, life balance. Free lunches everyday at the company headquarters. The people are great. Sense of family and they care about each and every employee.
Pros
Free lunches everyday in company headquarters
Cons
No cons to report
Summary
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 5, 2015
Looking for greener pastures. There are a lot of life lessons to be learned here. I have learned a lot and will take what I have learned from this experience and move forward in life with it.
A nice place to work
Bankruptcy Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 14, 2015
I enjoyed working here. I learned some of the Human Resources aspects of the job. The management was good, my supervisor was the best-a very good person.
Fun place to work
Data Analyst II, QA/Commercial Loans (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 27, 2015
Great work/life balance. Opportunities for advancement. Benefits include nurse on site. Free downtown parking. Employees have opportunity to support of local community organizations.
Good for something to start with but not end with.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 28, 2014
The insurance is not the best and the auditors are horrible. They will dock off points for the most simple things.
This company is exactly the kind of environment you would want to work in.
HCM Intern/ Media Consulting (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 13, 2014
During my internship with Resurgent, I took on many creative projects to help cultivate the company image. I planned, led, and executed the creative direction for my team and conducted interviews with employees including the CEO. My main project was to produce a corporate video to demonstrate the company service and culture to the public. This video is used in acquiring new talent, and shown to new hires. The video is also posted on the company website.
I really enjoyed working at Resurgent primarily because of the culture. All of the employees work hard and are rewarded for their efforts. This was one of the best companies I have ever worked for.
Well structed enviornment
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasApril 23, 2014
The company was a great work placewith potential growth. Management staff display professionalism and fair to the staff members.
Pros
none micro manage
Cons
massive brain storming
RMS - could have been a great company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 11, 2014
I worked in the RMS side of Resurgent Capital Services. I'm sure RCS got smart and realized that RMS wasn't going anywhere. If you can actually obtain a decision from management, it is a knee-jerk reaction and unrealistic. The RMS side was recently sold off to another company, in which I hope the new company makes differences in the management and daily work processes of the company. The company needs to ensure that one individual management team member isn't making decisions for departments in which they know nothing about. Co-workers were pretty cool, but definitely a lot of drama as well as immaturity within the company, which mostly stems from management.
Pros
Catered lunches
Cons
Management, healthcare is a bit expensive for the coverage
Friendly and Supportive Work Environment
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 21, 2014
This company really knows how to take care of their employees. Fun, friendly work environment with multiple opportunities to advance in many different departments. When I wanted to switch departments, my manager called the manager (my current boss) and recommended me. They support advancement, and you are pretty much guaranteed a bonus and pay raise every year. They do look at performance though so you can't just goof off the entire time. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone at all skill levels.
Pros
Good Pay, Opportunities for Advancement, Free Nurse on sight who can write prescriptions, Good Vacation and Time Off package
Cons
Parking for new employees can be far away
Fun, fair, and room for advancement
Legal Acquisitions Specialist/Legal Liaison (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 5, 2014
Resurgent Capital Services was a great place to work. Resurgent allowed me to advance in so many areas. The management team recognized my strengths and allowed me to advance in those areas. I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers.
Investment firm; debt purchaser
Legal Liaison (Current Employee) –  55 Beattie PlaceJuly 31, 2013
Resurgent is a debt buyer that handles high risk management accounts for unsecured and secured debts, credit cards, mortgages and school loans. Resurgent is very fast paced and has various departments to assist with your day by day work. Resurgent offers a lot of excellent benefits and the potential for growth in the right department; networking is key.
Pros
401k plan that the company matches 100%, job security
Cons
If you want to grow in the company it makes it hard to apply for jobs, when no one wants to hire you in that department
Good company, great management, mediocre pay
Unsecured Bankruptcy  (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 11, 2013
I worked at this company for several years. While the management teams differ depending upon where you work, my management team was the best I have worked with. The company has core values that are stressed upon hiring and throughout company training and activities. It is rare to find a company in this industry with such a commitment to fairness and respect for the customer. The company hosts several events, such as office olympics, Christmas parties, and company picnics that are great bonuses for the employees.There was also a nurse on site, which was very convenient. RCS offers training in many areas and many opportunities for advancement.

Not many negatives with RCS, but the main one is the pay. They need to work on being more competitive with other companies in the area, especially since Greenville is attracting new employers. Another negative is they are slow to back-fill positions (if they back-fill at all), often putting stress on the employees who have too much work for them to complete.
Pros
Downtown location, free parking, nurse on-site, advancement opportunities, company activities
Cons
Salary, heavy workloads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Resurgent Capital Services, LP. Our community is ready to answer.

Resurgent Capital Services, LP Reviews by Location