Resurgent Capital Services, LP

Resurgent Capital Services, LP United States Employee Reviews

This company is exactly the kind of environment you would want to work in.
HCM Intern/ Media Consulting (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 13, 2014
During my internship with Resurgent, I took on many creative projects to help cultivate the company image. I planned, led, and executed the creative direction for my team and conducted interviews with employees including the CEO. My main project was to produce a corporate video to demonstrate the company service and culture to the public. This video is used in acquiring new talent, and shown to new hires. The video is also posted on the company website.
I really enjoyed working at Resurgent primarily because of the culture. All of the employees work hard and are rewarded for their efforts. This was one of the best companies I have ever worked for.
Well structed enviornment
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TexasApril 23, 2014
Pros: none micro manage
Cons: massive brain storming
The company was a great work placewith potential growth. Management staff display professionalism and fair to the staff members.
RMS - could have been a great company
Anonymous (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 11, 2014
Pros: catered lunches
Cons: management, healthcare is a bit expensive for the coverage
I worked in the RMS side of Resurgent Capital Services. I'm sure RCS got smart and realized that RMS wasn't going anywhere. If you can actually obtain a decision from management, it is a knee-jerk reaction and unrealistic. The RMS side was recently sold off to another company, in which I hope the new company makes differences in the management and daily work processes of the company. The company needs to ensure that one individual management team member isn't making decisions for departments in which they know nothing about. Co-workers were pretty cool, but definitely a lot of drama as well as immaturity within the company, which mostly stems from management.
Friendly and Supportive Work Environment
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: good pay, opportunities for advancement, free nurse on sight who can write prescriptions, good vacation and time off package
Cons: parking for new employees can be far away
This company really knows how to take care of their employees. Fun, friendly work environment with multiple opportunities to advance in many different departments. When I wanted to switch departments, my manager called the manager (my current boss) and recommended me. They support advancement, and you are pretty much guaranteed a bonus and pay raise every year. They do look at performance though so you can't just goof off the entire time. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone at all skill levels.
Fun, fair, and room for advancement
Legal Acquisitions Specialist/Legal Liaison (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 5, 2014
Resurgent Capital Services was a great place to work. Resurgent allowed me to advance in so many areas. The management team recognized my strengths and allowed me to advance in those areas. I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers.
Investment firm; debt purchaser
Legal Liaison (Current Employee), 55 Beattie PlaceJuly 31, 2013
Pros: 401k plan that the company matches 100%, job security
Cons: if you want to grow in the company it makes it hard to apply for jobs, when no one wants to hire you in that department
Resurgent is a debt buyer that handles high risk management accounts for unsecured and secured debts, credit cards, mortgages and school loans. Resurgent is very fast paced and has various departments to assist with your day by day work. Resurgent offers a lot of excellent benefits and the potential for growth in the right department; networking is key.
Good company, great management, mediocre pay
Unsecured Bankruptcy (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 11, 2013
Pros: downtown location, free parking, nurse on-site, advancement opportunities, company activities
Cons: salary, heavy workloads
I worked at this company for several years. While the management teams differ depending upon where you work, my management team was the best I have worked with. The company has core values that are stressed upon hiring and throughout company training and activities. It is rare to find a company in this industry with such a commitment to fairness and respect for the customer. The company hosts several events, such as office olympics, Christmas parties, and company picnics that are great bonuses for the employees.There was also a nurse on site, which was very convenient. RCS offers training in many areas and many opportunities for advancement.

Not many negatives with RCS, but the main one is the pay. They need to work on being more competitive with other companies in the area, especially since Greenville is attracting new employers. Another negative is they are slow to back-fill positions (if they back-fill at all), often putting stress on the employees who have too much work for them to complete.
Smart, dedicated and productive people
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 9, 2013
Pros: great coffee, great office management staff, great campus
Cons: spotty parking, no on-site exercise facility. no healthy food options nearby.
I like everything about working here. My typical day starts at 7:45 and ends at 5:15. I choose to not take long lunches. This is at my discretion, not management. The work is challenging, rewarding and engaging. The organizational structure is rather flat which leads to a natural lack of advancement opportunities. Yet I've found that if you're good at your skill set, there is room for increased pay. Yearly bonuses are light, however, I believe the pay to be better than average for Cincinnati. There is a strong emphasis on process for project tracking, change control and security. Because we provide IT services to a much larger division in another region of the country, you may find yourself more engaged with a person 3 states away instead of the person sitting next to you.
Buddy Buddy type of place
Loan Consultant (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 8, 2013
They make it to seem like a great place to work, but it is all about who you are friends with. If you make too much in bonus they will find a reason to fire you. Top collectors always have an X on their head by directors and upper management.
Great atmosphere and challenging work
Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 26, 2012
Pros: nice facility, good hours
The expansion into the Houston, TX market has been a successful endeavour, with a location that has both a great atmosphere and challinging work. The people are professional and courteous and it is a fun environment to be in.
Great Place to Work, Great People and Exciting Environment
Analyst (Current Employee), Greenville SCDecember 13, 2012
I throughly enjoy coming to work everyday and working at Resurgent. The managment is great along with everyone else who works here.
Great people to work with. Growing and exciting future.
Mortgage servicing (Current Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 7, 2012
The mortgage servicing business is an exciting and expanding place to work.
Fun Creative Environment with Good Work/Life Balance
Analyst (Current Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 6, 2012
Pros: challenging fun place to work
Cons: pay is below what i would expect
Working in analytics at RCS provides an opportunity to find creative solutions with a big financial impact to the bottom line. Every day presents new opportunities to work on complex and challenging problems. The work/life balance is good and senior management instills confidence. The only complaint is that pay is a little lower than I would like, but that is more than outweighed by the fun creative environment. Overall a great place to work.
Best Company that I have Ever Worked for!
Employee (Current Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 6, 2012
Pros: great working environment!
Highly recommended, very high quality employees with skilled management. The company is constantly improving and finding better smarter ways to run it's business.

Benefits are great, plus we get access to a gym and are right in the heart of downtown. Culturally you could not ask for a better organization, open door policy and a focus on employee job satisfaction!
Fun rewarding employment in Cincinnati for IT Professionals
IT Professional (Current Employee), CincinnatiDecember 6, 2012
I work at the Cincinnati IT Center for Resurgent. I work with a great group of intelligent, forward thinking employees. I really appreciate the communication we get from Senior Management. We have monthly All-Staff meetings with Management to get a State of the Business overview. Also, we have a Great Place to Work Committee that lets the employees drive ways to keep the work environment fun and challenging. Recently they opened an Employee Lounge that offers a nice place for employees to go and just relax, equipped with flat screen TV, couches, dining furniture and even a foosball table. Great place to work!
A great place for any career level
Analyst (Current Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 6, 2012
Pros: onsite clinic/gym, great co-workers/management, training program, downtown location, career opportunities
Resurgent has really given me opportunities that really have excelled my career both professional and personally. From the day to day operations, management and community efforts- I am extremely proud to be an employee of Resurgent.
A good place to work until cutbacks happened
Data Processor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: work environment, benefits, co-workers, management, pay grade
Cons: job security not guaranteed / could interfere with personal life too much on occassions
This was a typical data management working environment. The site in Cincinnati handled data management and warehousing -- they did not make collections calls. The management was great. They were very helpful, personable, and created a good working environment. The job itself was pretty typical for the type of work, but was rewarding and sometimes challenging. The balance of work to life would have been normal, except for a few instances where a little more was expected from employees than should have been outside of normal working business functions. Job security is an issue, obviously, as I was one of a number of people laid off to satisfy budgetary concerns.
great place to work
Customer Service-Inbound Call Center (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 26, 2012
great company to work for great enviornment would suggest to anyone
Privately owned company with eye on the future
Auditor (Former Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 19, 2011
Pros: great work/life balance, training, chance for advancement
I enjoyed my schedule, benefits and supervisors. The company provided great training and encouraged employees to grow.

About Resurgent Capital Services, LP

Resurgent is committed to treating all consumers with respect, fairness, and honesty. Our employees are well trained in government – Read more

Resurgent Capital Services, LP Photos

Our employees love to help the community!
Resurgent employees love to help the community!