Resurrection Health Care Employee Reviews

A great place to work.
Executive Assistant/Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 14, 2016
Good compensation, excellent benefits. New merger and company overhaul; new culture, fast paced, experience necessary to remain an asset, great supervisors.
Job Security
CALL CENTER SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2016
Great Company to work for. Job security is a number one priority.. great benefits. Compassion and Caring , most all all very flexible with the scheduling.
Pros
Great Job security
Cons
Gossip, stayed out of if. Great company if you can avoid that overall.
Daily patient care
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2016
Rooming patients, drawing blood, answering telephones and scheduling appointments Woring work management to acheive daily, weekly and monthly goals. Working with co-workers completing daily assignment and providing patient care.
Pros
Daily Huddles
Cons
Cancelling daily Huddles
Was a great place to start my career
Coding Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILMay 20, 2016
I enjoyed working their initially however there were times that we just did not see eye to eye. I loved my patients and fellow employees and they taught me everything that I needed to know in my career.
Challenging but eventful place to work, enjoyed my employement and associated staff
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2012
Each day I would review the past day's visits to our Immediate Care & Occupational Health Centers and to follow up with my clients on the services performed. Management was very supportive and offered a variety of tools that allowed me to maximize my time while creating opportunities to grow. Each day was educational, fun and very rewarding to the fact that we as a team made a difference to companies looking for an easy clinic to do business with but yet stay competitive with today's market prices on our services.
Pros
wonderful physicians and staff, flexible work life balance
Cons
none that i could think of
Great
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILMarch 3, 2016
Enjoyed ten plus years with this company. The facility I was at the residents and staff were like family to me. Had excellent benefits. Wish they were closer to my home.
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Commute
Productive work environment
Registry Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2015
As registry staff, you have to be able to work on various shifts. Learned a lot by working on various shifts. Enjoyed working with experienced technologists that were more than willing to share their knowledge. Each day and shift was different.
Cons
No benefits
Great place to place to work
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILDecember 11, 2015
Insurance verification was an exciting department to work in. No 2 days were alike. I enjoyed both keeping up and learning the various CPT codes and medical terminology required to do the job efficiently and in a timely manner. Having the verification team centralized in one area for all 8 hospitals in the group and some additional offices were at times challenging.

I enjoyed to team and have become life long friends with a few of them. Unfortunately mergers happen and business do not need two of everything.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
limited growth
Productive and good salary
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  500 Asbury Evanston, IllinoisJanuary 21, 2016
A nice place to work where I used to work @ St. Francis Nursing Rehab, Center until the Resurrection sold to Legacy Healthcare. I wish the resurrection healthcare did not sold it. I was settled , productive, co workers were wonderful.
Even though I live so far I still continue working @ ST. Francis Nrsg. & Rehab. Center. All the staff members treat each other like we are family.
Great team environment and enjoyable place to work!
Dietetic Internship Rotations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 7, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management. Management cares about personal growth and development. The most enjoyable part of working at Resurrection was how much I learned and then putting the knowledge and skills to practice.
Supportive supervisors; good rapport among interdisciplinary co-workers; education opportunities
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2015
For 5 years I worked on the rehabilitation floor with a case load of typically 5 to 6 patients. Busy but satisfying. I had a very good experience with management. From the Rehab director to my immediate supervisor, I felt they were supporting me with listening and offering ideas.
I enjoyed working with the interdisciplinary team - cooperative and fun people.

Probably a difficult part of the job was to schedule my patients at times when other therapists also needed to see them. I recall, though, that most of us were willing to negotiate a deal!

The best part of my job at Resurrection was treating a variety of patients: all ages, ethnic backgrounds, diagnoses and challenges. Helping people progress has always been the best part of my job.
Pros
positive atmosphere, education, management
Cons
high census without coverage occasionally
Pastorallly nourising
Hosptial Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2014
8 hr shift varied every day. Religiously sensitive management. Co chaplains were helpful. The hardest part of the job was responding to call for silly reasons during on call hours. Patient visit and interaction with staff were enjoyable.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Long hours in the hospital.
Flexible
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2014
I enjoyed working at Resurrection Medical Center. The staff and management emanated the values and mission statement of hospital as a whole. Being in a registry position gave me a lot of flexibility. I was able to make my own hours and be in control of how I worked. I liked being in a registry position also because I was given opportunities to work in different departments and learn a lot about nursing. Sometimes bouncing around the hospital was difficult because I was not always able to establish a strong working relationship with co-workers
Pros
Open flexibility
Everyday was filled with personal satisfaction in patient care.
Medical Transcriptionist Level III (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2014
Everyday was busy and achievement on productivity was a must. I learned to be very disciplined. Management and coworkers were amazing and very dedicated. The hardest part of my job was knowing on a day-to-day basis the severity of many individual's illnesses. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I made a difference in the accuracy of someone's healthcare records for their treatment and continuing care.
Pros
Worked from home/flexibility.
Cons
Not much time for extra breaks.
excellent place to work
CDIS/CODING ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2012
fun to work with, nice people, great benefits, management are wonderful, so much opportunities, the healthcare facility is so nice.
Good place to work at if you are full time part time gets no benefits at all...
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILMay 14, 2012
I worked as a waitress loved it but things have changed a lot with the new administration...
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benefits or room for advancement
Positive environment
Chicago, Il -Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago,IlJune 6, 2013
Great place for job growth, Lots of team work. Wonderful work ethics and compassionate co-workers
Pros
Pay/Benefits
Cons
Raise freezes
Resurrection is a very enjoyable place to work, we have a lot of career advancement opportunities.
Sub-Acute Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILApril 6, 2012
My typical day at work is very busy., but I have learned a lot from this facility. Management is okay and my co-workers are very co-operative and kind. I do not think of having any hardest part of the job because each new day brings along new challenges and I really enjoy what I do.
Pros
managers are accessible and easy to talk to, friendly staff members
Cons
no free lunch but that is not a problem
Satisfying and fulfilling environment
Senior Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILOctober 15, 2013
A typical day of work at Resurrection consisted mainly of being of service to patients, doctors and co-workers with an array of facets from working out minor details for payment of small balances to arranging new services to fit the needs of the patients to working with fellow employees to develop innovative structures for meeting the needs of all individuals involved. I learned that knowing how operations impact inner and outer departments helps to encourage creativity for continuity of care. Maintaining a close working relationship with management and my co-workers is key to providing customer needs. The most challenging part of the job is creating avenues to assist patients in managing their healthcare provisions but the challenge is a learning process that sheds light on progressive ways to accomplish goals in favor of the patient. The most enjoyable part is maintaining a relationship with co-workers, patients and vendors to nourish a continuous working process for each other.
Pros
Meeting new people and new needs constantly
Cons
department closure
Management can not be trusted
Director of Social Services (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 14, 2012
I worked here for five years. In the first three I thought we produced good results in our patients, but something changed. It all became about money. Management would say one thing and not back it up later. My supervisor never wrote me up but spoke very badly about me to other management outside the team. Never trust resurrection.
They breed inferiority in their employees; better to be seen and not heard environment. Borderline racist unless you are Asian or white.
Pros
a paying job
Cons
not a trustworthy company