Retail Group of America LLC is the U.S. division of Alhokair, one of the largest fashion retail companies in the Middle East, with licensing arrangements across a broad array of brands including Gap, Zara and Marks and Spencer.
RGA is based in Manhattan and will be introducing at least 15 to 20 European fashion brands to the U.S. market. RGA currently operates 24 stores under the Monsoon, Monsoon Children’s and Accessorize label. Over the next five years, the company will partner with brands such as Promod (France), Jennyfer (France) Courtefiel (Spain), New Yorker (Germany) and Zippy (Portugal) to open several hundred stores across the United States.
The focus of this position will be on our Billy Beez, Children’s Play Space division. We will be opening our first two locations in the next few months, one in Palisades Mall and one in Destiny Mall. This position is based out of our corporate office in New York City.
Candidate must hold a Bachelors degree in accounting and must have a minimum of two years staff accounting experience. Candidates must also be able to work in a team environment and serve as a liaison between various departments to the Finance Department.
This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of this quickly growing company. Opportunity for growth and advancement!
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Help with monthly P&L review and analysis
- Help with monthly Reconciliations e.g. bank reconciliations and other balance sheet accounts
- Help with preparing monthly closing journal entries, accruals, and other P&L related functions
- Help with Accounts Payable cash management
- Prepare state tax returns e.g. sales tax, personal property tax, etc.
- Responding to credit card chargebacks and retrieval requests
- Key fixed assets
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 2-6 years experience in Accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Suite a must
- Oracle POS and Accounting program (or similar ERP) experience a strong plus
- Through understanding of the POS to General Ledger accounting cycle
- Inventory accounting experience a must
- Quick Books experience
- Multi levels of sales experience a plus
- RETAIL and FASHION BACKGROUND A MUST!
- Excellent attention to detail