Billy Beez is a larger-than-life indoor soft-play adventure park for children themed around a family of very active and friendly honey bees and the rainforest they call home. Each Billy Beez rainforest adventure park is filled with colorful murals, three dimensional thematic elements and giant play structures built around a maze of dizzyingly high and wildly twisting slides. There are dozens of activities inside the center that encourage physical, mental and social development through play. There are no electronic arcade games or ticket redemption windows to be found here. Billy Beez is ALL about running, jumping, climbing, and sliding. Along the way kids learn how to play fairly, share and make new friends while challenging themselves physically and getting the exercise they need to be healthy.
The first Billy Beez locations in the United States will be located at Palisades Mall in West Nyack, NY and Destiny USA Mall in Syracuse, NY. Both locations are targeted to open in the third quarter of 2013. We’re looking for energetic, service-minded personnel with a positive attitudes and infectious smiles who can make Billy Beez the destination of choice for parents and children looking for safe, healthy and most of all, fun entertainment. Come join us in the Rainforest for a fun and rewarding work experience.
To manage the overall park operation in order to make it a safe and fun place to visit and work. To promote good business practices within the organization with a special focus on achieving the best possible financial results whilst maintaining the highest possible standards of Guest service.
This position is split between back of house in an office and environment and front of house activities within the leisure facility.
Learning & Growth
- To attend training and development programs in order to promote personal and career growth.
- To train Colleagues and equip them with the necessary skills, knowledge and attitude in order to perform their job effectively and deliver out of this world experiences.
- To conduct Colleague performance appraisals in a timely, fair and constructive manner in order to promote personal and career growth.
- To coach and discipline Colleagues in a fair and consistent manner in order to motivate and improve performance.
- To entertain, engage and empower Colleagues in order to reduce turnover and increase retention.
- To interview and select highly skilled, experienced, team oriented and friendly applicants for available positions while adhering to the US Labor Law and Equal Employment Opportunity policy in order to hire the best suitable candidate for the job.
- To drive and improve business excellence through monitoring, measuring, analyzing performance and taking corrective or preventative action.
- To understand, follow and enforce all Bill Beez Standard Operating Procedures and/or manufacturer’s instructions in order to exceed the operational requirements and ensure Guests receive the highest standards of quality and service at all times.
- To enforce and adhere all Health, Safety & Environmental policies, rules and regulations, reporting any safety concerns or incidents to management in order to minimize risk, maintain a safe, clean and hygienic environment for all Guests and Colleagues.
- To maintain the highest standard of safety and hygiene at all times and in cases where there is a danger or risk to life or health and safety to act accordingly.
- To schedule, rotate and break Colleagues fairly according to policy in order to increase productivity and maintain their well being.
- To manage emergency situations that may arise in order to minimize possible damage, loss or injury to any Guests, colleagues or company property.
- To ensure sustainable operational readiness of the facility in order to provide the Guests with the highest possible experience.
- To oversee the completion of accurate and informative financial reports in order to help the business achieve the best possible results.
Guest & Market
- To display a friendly, helpful and cheerful attitude while communicating effectively with our Guests and fellow Colleagues in order to support the Billy Beez Vision, Values, and Mission Statement.
- To represent and promote Billy Beez in a positive manner at all times in order to maintain a professional brand image to all concerned stakeholders.
- To listen actively to our Guest feedback, requests and concerns in order to take action in an ethical, effective and timely manner to exceed their expectations.
- To continuously monitor and make improvements to the park operation in order to maintain and improve the level of satisfaction/acceptance by Guests.
- To constantly look and implement innovative solutions that will improve our competitive position in the market
- To contribute to and be actively involved in community relations with external Guests, business people, partners, and community/governmental leaders in order to gain positive Guest perception.
- To ensure actual expenses do not exceed the department budget in order to increase profit.
- To maintain building, facilities, equipment and supplies in order to minimize damage, reduce waste and control costs.
- To actively seek and implement cost saving programs in order to provide positive financial results.
- To develop in collaboration with the Head of Business the park operating budget and manage the budget monthly, quarterly and annually in order to ensure it is not exceeded and strive to me revenue targets.
- To proactively manage the labor budget in order to achieve the most efficient use of labor.
- To proactively seek new revenue streams in order to improve the financial performance of the business.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited University
- Minimum 5 years successful parks and attractions management experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and inspire a team
- Proven success in managing and meeting sales and/or operating targets
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and organizational skills
- Above average skill set with regards to Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle and protect confidential information
- Proven track record in increasing responsibility in an entrepreneurial environment
To apply for the Destiny General Manager Position please email your resume and salary history.
We are also taking resumes for Assistant Store Managers and Associates.
Indeed - 23 months ago
Retail Group of America is a Manhattan-based fashion and entertainment retail company with stores throughout the United States under...