Retail Group of America LLC is the U.S. division of Alhokair, one of the largest fashion retail companies in the Middle East, with licensing arrangements across a broad array of brands including Gap, Zara and Marks and Spencer.
RGA is based in Manhattan and has been opening stores and introducing European fashion brands to the U.S. market. Currently the brands that we are working with are: Monsoon/Accessorize (England), Promod (France), Jennyfer (France), Lipsy (England), Cortefiel (Spain), New Yorker (Germany), Sergent Major (France), Ziddy (Portugal) and Bill Beez entertainment play space. Over the next five years, the company will partner with these brands and others to open several hundred stores across the United States.
The Human Resources Director is a responsible for the full spectrum of the company’s HR portfolio. The Human Resources director will be the primary interface with team members, function heads and Brand Managers to develop programs and processes that enhance the productivity and efficiency of the organization. He/she will report to the head of the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior HR Consultant and Business Partner
- Create trusted relationships with leaders.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of business model and how to consult to HR programs within the context of results and performance.
- Act as an ambassador of the HR organization representing services and resources available to the business. Helps manage the collective reputation of the HR organization.
- Be familiar will all relevant laws and regulations to protect the company from claims
HR Portfolio and Project Manager
Develop a broad understanding of all HR Programs and execute all major HR initiatives within the organization. Specifically this includes:
- Annual pay review cycle(s) and compensation related structure work (e.g. job leveling)
- Performance management process (goal setting, talent review and succession planning, career coaching, assessment)
- Attract top talent at all levels within the organization
- Respond to employee relations issues and take proactive steps to prevent future issues
- Talent movement (promotions, talent moves to other areas)
- Implementation of any new or updated HR initiative
- HR metrics analysis, review and insight delivery to the business
- Advising and partnering with the business on escalation of issues to centralized HR generalist services
Build and Develop Organizational Capabilities (Talent Management/Organizational Consulting)
- Work with business leaders in support of learning and development, performance management, knowledge sharing and retention efforts to ensure we have the capability to maintain and grow our business.
- Partner with business leadership teams to achieve financial targets and demonstrate sound business and financial acumen.
- Consult leaders on pay and benefits related issues and has a solid understanding of all compensation and benefits programs.
- Implement initiatives supporting colleague, manager and leadership development.
- Coach and mentor leaders and high performing colleagues related to their overall career development and progression.
- Advise and support business leaders on key phases of the performance management process including goal setting, mid-year talent review and career conversations and year-end performance evaluations.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and business to assess needs and workforce planning strategies, including diversity initiatives.
- Educate and influence leaders to adapt quickly to organizational and segment specific shifts in direction; considers impacts on business unit and partners with leaders on communication and execution of outcomes needed to adjust to new state.
- Provide thought leadership—related to strategic delivery and based on unique on the ground perspective—to segment or companywide teams preparing change management plans for major talent-related initiatives.
- Consult with leaders on reorganizations and re-alignments to meet business objectives.
- Champion efforts to put in place new and consistent HR model
FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Recognized HR qualification or status strongly desired (e.g. SPHR, CHRP, GPHR or CIPD)
- MBA or MS in Human Resources preferred
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- 10 plus years professional HR experience (experience in generalist, specialist, and client-facing roles preferred)
- Capacity to consult to the entire HR Portfolio with an integrated, global perspective
- Demonstrated ability to consult, influence and partner with senior leaders in developing/executing people strategies to drive business performance
- Demonstrated relationship management skills at all levels of the organization
- Possesses strong business and financial acumen
- Experience managing complex projects (global HR project management highly desired)
- Demonstrated success resolving complex HR issues.
- Has a working knowledge of employment law
- Capability to consult on application of policy and process as well as trends, themes, and solutions
- Able to anticipate changes required within the business and to drive such changes in partnership with business leaders
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, especially with senior level leaders
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Talent to facilitate training sessions virtually and in person for both managerial and leadership audiences
- Experience building cost/benefit analysis to justify investment in HR and people strategies
- Ability to coach and mentor HR generalists and other HR colleagues
- Can effectively negotiate and influence commercial leaders to achieve both HR and business objectives
- Preferably has worked in a multi-cultural, international, matrix environment
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
Retail Group of America is a Manhattan-based fashion and entertainment retail company with stores throughout the United States under...