Retail Group of America LLC is the U.S. division of Alhokair, one of the largest fashion retail companies in the Middle East, with licensing arrangements across a broad array of brands including Gap, Zara and Marks and Spencer.
RGA is based in Manhattan and has been opening stores and introducing European fashion brands to the U.S. market. Currently the brands that we are working with are: Monsoon/Accessorize (England), Promod (France), Jennyfer (France), Lipsy (England), Cortefiel (Spain), New Yorker (Germany), Sergent Major (France) and Ziddy (Portugal). Over the next five years, the company will partner with these brands and others to open several hundred stores across the United States.
Position Description: The Retail IT Systems Analyst will partner with cross-functional business teams to evaluate systems and processes and identifying opportunities for process and/or system improvements; The IT System Analyst will partner up with other IT and/or outside vendors to design, test and implement new systems or improvements to existing systems, often acting as Project or Team Lead. The analyst participates with a cross-functional team on store level and POS systems projects. This position specializes in Store Systems, including POS, credit, and mobile technology.
The Retail Systems Analyst has responsibility for regular maintenance plans, scheduling upgrades and working with the support team to provide level 2 support. The Store Systems Specialist is the primary (but not sole) point of contact for store support. In addition, this position is responsible for identifying and recommending hardware solutions for the store systems.
Has Contact with: All levels of organization, as well as outside service providers.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participate in cross-functional business teams throughout the store organization regarding Business Process:
2. Produce process documentation
3. Design and propose improved process flows
4. Perform daily and periodic system administration functions to support assigned systems.
5. Program, test and deliver ad hoc solutions such as data bridges, data extraction, enhanced reporting, automation and other solutions that fulfill business requirements not met by enterprise scale applications
6. IT Lead on specific cross-functional project teams:
7. Assisting with project scoping, planning, and scheduling for several concurrent projects
8. Identifying risks and proposing resolution with a consistent focus on timeliness
9. Facilitating cross-functional alignment and agreements around project issues
10. Become knowledgeable in POS systems (hardware and software) to support helpdesk in troubleshooting any register equipment and peripherals during normal and after hours support
11. Maintain knowledge base for tier 1 support
12. Installation and configuration of POS hardware and software
13. Work closely with store operations in writing and optimizing procedures related to POS
14. Partner with third party vendors to ensure swift resolution to issues
15. Assist in developing long-term strategies for future POS system needs
PERFORMS OTHER RELATED DUTIES AND ASSIGNMENTS AS REQUIRED.
Desired experience: Candidate must possess excellent analytical skills and the ability to act in a self-directed manner. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language. Must be Creative problem solver and work well in a team environment and possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related technical discipline or relevant experience.
Required Experience: 3+ years in working with networks, Microsoft Windows workstations and queries for various SQL platforms (Oracle, SQL Server, and MYSQL). Candidate must have 3+ years in software project management, business process analyst, mapping and improvement as well as business requirements gathering, documentation and fit/gap analyst. 2+ years’ experience in supporting retail POS Systems and POS Hardware including workstation, servers and peripherals.