The primary purpose of this position is to assist customers with their health care needs by filling prescriptions and providing excellent customer service and assisting with supervising Pharmacy associates. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions filled by completing Drug Utilization Review and Final Quality Assurance, applicable to state and federal Board of Pharmacy regulations.
2. Build profitable business and script growth through recommended clinical programs including appropriate immunization and when available MTM (Medication Therapy Management), DCS (Diabetes Care Specialist), and all ongoing other programs as identified.
3. Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers with medical-related issues and providing healthcare counseling.
4. Supervise the work completed by Pharmacy Technicians and support staff while on duty.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (BS), Doctoral degree (PHARM.D.), or equivalent in Pharmacy, and Immunization Certification through an accredited organization (i.e. APhA).
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations
This position requires the following Licenses and Certifications:
· Valid Pharmacist License in the state practicing pharmacy.
· Valid Immunization Certification.
· Valid Immunization License in the state practicing pharmacy, if required by state regulations.