Retail Properties of America, Inc Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Productive and busy company to work in but the culture is all about the upper management, not keeping and rewarding the worker bees
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILOctober 20, 2015
The best part of the position was working with my team mates and interfacing with all departments in the company headquarters. There was considerable variety in my daily functions, from assisting in filing tax returns and organizing the process to track various submissions to scanning and monitoring the database for accuracy.
Pros
The staff is a wonderful mix to work with
Cons
The open nature of the company has changed for the worse. Too bad.
Mixed feelings, watch your back
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 22, 2014
There are some redeeming attributes of this organization, but it certainly ain't all roses. I really enjoyed my job and I could never complain about the pay or benefits, but this company has an infected culture. Cronyism, fascism, top-down rigidity, hypocrisy and fear-based rule will be experienced by every RPAI employee, especially in the field offices. I witnessed numerous valuable people jump ship or get fired while many of the ones that remain leave you completely scratching your head. Don't think for a single moment that your job security will be based on productivity or tangible results. Your experience will only be as good as your manager/superior. I know there are some good ones in the organization, but there are certainly others with great ineptitudes who'll lie to your face and throw you under the bus to save their own necks at the drop of a hat.
Pros
Industry name, pay & benefits
Cons
People management, corporate culture
High paced work place
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 20, 2012
Its a good place to work if you want to learn about the world of Real Estate Investment Trusts.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
compensation isnt worth the drive.