Retail Solutions Group is looking to fill several Department Manager including Bakery, Meat, Kitchen and Grocery Positions for a large, premier Hispanic Retailer. Excellent Pay and Benefits. Mutiple Locations in the Northern California Area including San Jose, Salinas, and Oakland regions.
Essential position functions include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment, which sustains an exceptionally high level of team member morale.
- Select and develop team members as potential department assistant managers.
- Provide timely, thorough and thoughtful performance evaluations.
- Communicate and maintain employee safety and security standards.
- Manage inventory and pricing to achieve targeted gross profit margin.
- Project annual sales and expenses, and prepare annual operating budget.
- Achieve budgeted expense levels. Achieve department profit, and store profit contribution targets.
- Maintain awareness of new products, and regularly incorporate new products into overall product mix.
- Manage the buying/ordering process to meet quality standards, maintain competitive pricing and achieve targeted sales.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive vendor relationships.
- Develop and maintain creative product merchandising.
- Sustain exceptional level of knowledge/awareness of relevant competitors and industry trends.
- Establish and maintain collaborative and productive working relationship with store management and all team members.
- Model and cultivate effective inter-department and inter-store communication.
- Provide accurate, complete information in all management reports.
- Thorough and complete documentation in support of team member progressive discipline.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of, and ensure compliance with, relevant regularity rules and standards, including OSHA, DOL, Health and Sanitation, FDA, Weights and Measures, ADA, and H.A.A.C.C.P. Guidelines and flow charts.
- Maintains overall department appearance and replenishes department display.
- Performs customer service, clean-up, packaging, and inventory of products.
- Follow established Weights and Measures procedures (TARES) mandated by the state of California.
- Suggests department’s products and services to customers.
- Other duties common to the position may be assigned by the supervisor as needed.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of retail management experience required. Ability to write schedules.
- High school diploma or GED required, College coursework preferred.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) highly preferred.
- Work well with others in a team oriented environment where one willingly takes on additional tasks with a positive attitude to help out the team/department.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to coach and lead diverse work teams to achieve performance, quality, cost and service goals.
- Follow (written and oral) instructions and established procedures.
- Work in a fast paced, high volume, detail oriented work environment.
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Reach above and below shoulder height, constant walking, standing in one place for long periods of time, bending, stooping, lifting, etc.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
Work Schedule: Varies: early morning, morning, mid-shift, afternoon, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Type of Employment: Regular full time or part time.
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard