RETAIL STORE

RETAIL STORE Employer Reviews

Various job duties
Customer Service (Current Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 5, 2014
Pros: mostly can work around career advancement schedules, such as school
Cons: base pay, advancement unlikely
These jobs are entry level but a few people can make careers out of them. Good customer service skills are required to be successful in these fields. Being flexible with the scheudle is also a must.
First Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 29, 2014
It was pretty awesome making $7.50 for my first job starting out in high school. Managament was pretty weak, but everything else about the job was ok
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), MAAugust 14, 2014
No benefits but a pretty good place to work and good hours. The pay is ok but not to many hours.
sales associate (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 1, 2014
Everyday was extraordinary. I looked forward to engaging in the new ammenities daily at work.My managers were always there when I need them and my coworkers were exceptional people.The hardest part of my job was learning all the different departments but it paid off because I was able to be flexible with the company.
Growth
Assistant Manager, COACH (Current Employee), Troutdale, ORJuly 19, 2014
Pros: i like to provide great motivating incentives.
Cons: i do not like non balance in life.
My talents are in growing and developing a business. I have many years experience and I am looking to taking that experience and use this to increase productivity and develop the right people for the right positions. I create an environment that sets the next step for success. I develop employees for their personal and professional enhancements. I most – more... of all believe that that the bottom line to our productive percents to increase comes from that person who walks through your door. When they receive the right treatment, their needs are met, then this is will keep our success, successful. This attribute comes from having your best person in the right place at the right time. This equals increased dollars and sales. – less
It's Retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJuly 10, 2014
Retail is a very boring job at times. Other than Finish Line, retail has been a drag.
same
Store manager (Former Employee), Providence, RIJune 23, 2014
Examined merchandise to ensure that is correctly priced and displayed Inventory stock and reordered merchandise.
Manager/Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 21, 2014
Pros: great reward working with people
Cons: wrong business associate
Great, Great, Great Great Great Great Great
Productive day at Express
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 2, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks, benefits
I start at 8:00 am clean the store, then help with shipment where I unwrapped, sensor, fold, steam merchandise and then prepare to take it to the store.
It was good start for me as a student.
Cashier/Retail Salesperson (Former Employee), PhilippinesMay 12, 2014
My co workers are very kind and approachable.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when people greeted me with a big smile.
Gained experience to different cultures in south Florida
Manager (Current Employee), floridaMay 9, 2014
It was great as I continuously met a lot of people from diverse cultures.
Well Organized work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 2, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: working with a manager that abused her authority
The Typical day at work, Walking in five to ten minutes before my scheduled time look at the shrink wall to see if any new alerts were put up. clock in and begin my shift, there were plenty of days that i learned many things in a day for example, i learned how to do visual's meaning look and dress our display's. My Management was a great group of women – more... , there was one however that often over stepped her authority. The hardest part of my job was trying to guess women's sizes in clothing just by looking at them. The most enjoyable part of the job itself was to see my customers smile after i took care of them to my best ability. – less
Retail Environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLApril 24, 2014
Pros: 5 minutes from home
Cons: worked standing up
Received customer payments at store as well as selling internet/cable/phone service to walk in customers. I learned that people have NO patience in retail. So I learned that my calming effects defuses other wise unpleasant situations. The hardest part was standing up all day in the same spot. The most enjoyable was meeting new people everyday.
Good to work here
Business Manager (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLApril 9, 2014
Excellent location to work as Manager. Owner is very co-operative and learned lot.
Piggly Wiggly
Piggly Wiggly (Former Employee), Pinetops, NCMarch 1, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
I Enjoyed Bagging Customers items i really enjoyed it was a fun easy job to i have learned so much from this job i never had not nothing hard to do on this job.
Fast pase
DEPARTMENT LEAD CASHIER (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: the store was located half a block from my residence.
Cons: no room for advancement
I learned how to set up displays and how to brake them down
The hardest part was dealing and having to help constatly a "Shift Leader, with translating of emails, writting of emails, answering calls for her, with no compensation.
I sincerely enjoyed working one on one with the store manager and all the things that i learned.
Good training
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ogdensburg, NYFebruary 12, 2014
Good training in teaching people the basics of retail, sales and the function of planograms.
•Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
Owner/Manager (Current Employee), St.Charles, MO. 63304February 11, 2014
Customer Focus, Tracking Budget Expenses, Pricing, Vendor Relationships, Market Knowledge, Staffing, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Management Proficiency, Client Relationships, Verbal Communication.
Mom and Pops Liquor Store
Assistant Manager Part Time (Current Employee), Deltona, FLJanuary 20, 2014
It's an easy job with alot of hard work. However; it's not reliable, there's no benefits, no over time, no time and a half, it's just part time work with an average of 15hrs to 25hrs a week at min. wage. They are open 365 days out of the year. There is no vacation and no room for advancement..Basically they go by seniority and who's been there the longest – more... gets the so called titles of authority. I've been there since July of 2012. I do everything from customer service to stock and cashiering. I also maintain inventory of lottery, open and close the store, are responsible for many things including inventory, pricing, and checking in stock. The employee turn around is quite frequent because no one seems to know how to follow rules. I've learned quite alot working there. I like the owners and main employees who've been there as long as me or longer. It's an enjoyable work place and a very clean enviroment. – less
employee discounts
Sales Associate/receiving/warehouse (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TNJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: atmosphere of co-workers, hands on management
Cons: inconsistent schedules, 15 hr weeks - 35 hr weeks and schedules sometimes not posted until 1 day prior to new week.
working in retail involves patience, ability to adapt to changes well, money accuracy, remaining positive and pleasant to various personalities of customers to guarantee repeat sales. the most enjoyable part of this job was the continuous team atmosphere. all workers were willing to assist each other to achieve goals.

the negative part of this job – more... was pressure from home office management demanding credit card quotas. – less

1 2 3 4 5