Retail Employee Reviews

great place
taco bell (Current Employee), Abingdon, VAAugust 24, 2015
enjoyed working here. Couldnt think of a better place to work The emplyees were wonderful. Couldnt think of a better place to work
Retail/packing (Former Employee), Winesburg, OHAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Offered lunch
Cons: Family fought and did not offer benefits.
I worked with a family owned store and the family always fought with each other in front of the other employees and took out their anger on the other employees. They also did not offer any benefits.
this was an ok place to work
Walmart (Former Employee), Prairie du Chien, WIAugust 19, 2015
Pros: it was ok
Cons: job security
I worked at this job it was ok but somedays I did not know if I would even have a job because there were a lot of days there was not many hours for employees.
Very Productive
Rite Aid Pharmacy (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 4, 2015
It was always a busy day at last company. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a lot of shipment coming in and having to deal with a busy weekend. But it did make it a good learning experience as to what to order and what not to, and how to handle shipments on a weekly basis.
Retail enjoyment working with the public
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Friendliess and helpfulness on both ends.
Cons: Pay rates and raises
A typical day at work is pretty much fast paced and constantly on the move. Management most of the time is understandable and very caring. My co-workers are sometimes just as needy as the customer and that helps to keep me on my toes. I have definitely enjoyed working retail most of my life and I have never really had a bad day at work. I am very much a people person and I can get along with most people that I meet daily.
fun place
sears (Former Employee), Lakewood, COJuly 20, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: good health care
training new employes, signing
lot of management skills.
Great.
Co-workers were a lot of fun.
signing for ads.
people and co-workers
pleasant back room for breaks and lunch
cashier (Former Employee), Palm Springs CaJuly 3, 2015
Pros: smokefree enviremont
Cons: none
Always made an effort to get along with everyone.
Like a pleasant atmosphere, good camaraderie. enjoy getting to know my co-employees and do the job my bosses ask of me.
I learned to always be polite to all customers regardless, treat everyone with respect. My bosses appreciated my punctuality and rewarded me with good work hours.
Room for Advancement, Health Benefits, Flexible Hours,
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newark/Heath and Buckeye Lake OhioJune 2, 2015
While the amount of work given in one shift was adequate and challenging at times, I was always up for the task and completed it before my shift was over. The breaks were nicely spaced out to the advantage of the employees. This was true of all my retail positions.
The difference between the position in retail was with the management of each facility.
Management at Christopher and Banks/CJ Banks and JCPenney were the ideal management systems you would want to work under. Speedway was manageable though it was unsteady at times.
Dollar General had horrible management. Our manager didn't care about anyone but herself. Not once did she give commendation and I witnessed her cruel mind not only toward me but over half the staff. it was so bad that many quit and I tolerated it until I found other work. If you did anything that wasn't to her approval she would either yell at you in front of customers or would refuse to schedule you at all for an extensive amount of time. It was worse if you requested a certain day off or called off due to an unexpected event like getting a flat tire and not having a backup ride to work. She wouldn't speak to you when you called in nor would she schedule you for work for about 2 weeks at a time.
Between all of these places, you were told there was room for advancement. However when it came to advancing, I would work on and do everything expected of a person to move up in rank. Unfortunately none of my efforts were acknowledged and I didn't make any progress.
Steady retail work
Dollar General (Current Employee), Haskell, ARMay 8, 2015
Pros: Fun, steady work environment.
Cons: Hours and pay.
I mostly run register, clean, and throw freight. I learn to deal with customers and work as a team with other workers. Management is good at my store. My co-workers are nice and help me when I need it. Having to juggle multiple tasks at a time can be quite stressful, but I do the best I can. I enjoy putting up magazines and getting to meet different people. I've made lots of friends.
Fun work place
Walmart (Former Employee), Laurel, MDApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great employees, good managment
Cons: Poor pay
Great work place for interacting with different types of customers. Always great service given from coworkers. Management are fairly respected and would back you up. Pay is poor for the amount of work giving.
Easy going people to work with.
Sales and promotion (Current Employee), Hyannis, MAApril 28, 2015
Is an old company by today's standard. Low wage employees spend an inordinate amount of time attending to equipment failure.
Productive and steady work flow
Dollar Tree (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 15, 2015
Stay busy
Learned the importance of customer service
Managers had attitudes because of time related stress
Coworkers had positive attitudes
Dealing with the heat was very hard
I enjoyed helping customers
Hickory Farms
Store Manager (Former Employee), Clay, NYApril 15, 2015
Sampling goods, verbal and non-verbal selling were the typical day starting with register balancing, change order, opening and inventory. I learned how people respond to different approaches in sales. The management was exemplary in what they did and how they coached and managed. My co-workers were the best in the district with my guidance. Hardest part of the job was saying good bye for another year as the store is only open from October/November through December. The sales and talking with the customers.
ringing up purchases
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee), St.louis MissouriApril 7, 2015
Pros: Meet Many people
Cons: Handling Damage items
Responsible for providing customer service and perform basic tasks such as greeting customers, ringing up purchases, handling returns, and answering questions about products, policy, and services.
I enjoyed being helpful
Oakhurst Retirement Home (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 22, 2015
Pros: made friendship with clients.and the staff
Cons: when some clients would die
This job was really a learning experience. I learner about life and death.It was a pleasure being of assistance to the elderly. I loved how the were so appreciative for everything.
awsome
cheetah rita thangz (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMarch 12, 2015
Love it I love to work retail I hope to work retail forever . I learned new things everyday and I love being around people. My co workers where ver nice and helpful as well
Not a fun place, and they would work you without a break, if it wasn't against the law.
Cashier (Former Employee), Laplace, LAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: long lunch break
Cons: under paid
Not a fun job, the enjoyable part is getting off, the hardest part is working a register with the line running into apparel because your the only register open.
fun place to work
Upstete Corals (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: discounts and benifits
Cons: company dont stick to policys
I enjoyed work here, I learned a lot of education thing that I will carry to other jobs,
Im a Fast Learner
American eagle Outfitters (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: short breaks
It Doesn't Take A Long Time To Get A Hand Of Things. A Day At Work is Always Another Day Or Learning A New Thing Or How To Do Things. I Learned How To Keep A Neat Environment For
Customer, Fast Paste Worker . My Co-Worker Were Respectful And Was Treated Like One Another, I Showed Workers Respect And Helped Them If It Was Needed. The Hardest Part Was Helping Customer And Still Keeping My Section Maintained. the Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job Is Helping Customers And Make Them Leave As A Happy Customer.
It's a lot of standing.
Sam's Club (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: learning the company of production.
Cons: a huge turn over in the company.
It's a good and calm place to work at times and loading shelves lifting boxes,emptying trash in compactor