Retail

Retail Employee Reviews

Retail
Retail - Receptionist (Current Employee), midcoast maineJuly 24, 2014
Pros: the experience
Cons: tough customers
I enjoy working in retail. I have always enjoyed working with the public even if they get real tough to deal with. I am always willing to except a challenge and love earning more responsibility.
Boring and hard place to enjoy a job
Kmart (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: friends made
Cons: the bosses
A typical day at work is putting up with other co-workers non sense and helping others fix their problems. I did not learn anything from this job, except how to tolerate others attitudes. Management is horrible very disrespectful and bossy. My co-workers had more respect then the bosses. The hardest part was dealing with the wrongful treatment. The most enjoyable part was the friends I made.
fun and hard working job
stocker (Former Employee), urbana,ilJuly 11, 2014
I stocked shelves and took care of people, I kept store clean, I learned how to be a fast hard worker, the hardest part was getting everything on the shelves, it was nice to work with the people I work with.
My Experience
Burlington Coat Factory (Former Employee), Blaine, MNJuly 10, 2014
Pros: employees, discounts, and
Cons: n/a
I've worked Retail for quite a while now an I enjoy the fast paced environment. Always having projects to do or customer to attend to is such a treat and keeps you busy.
jbees clothing store
sales (Former Employee), detroit michiganJune 19, 2014
My typical day at work is being to work on time. Retail/sales greeting customers. on shipment days I load and unload stock the shipment which is clothes.Make sure my customers are satisfied with my cooperate sailing skills Cashier make sure all money is there satisfaction guaranteed. My hardest part of my job working disrespectful customers other than that I'm use to the disrespect to let me maintain throughout my day. My most enjoyable part of my job is being able to satisfy my customers an get the job done accordingly for my manager.
Positive atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 14, 2014
I am a self starter that does not like being micro managed.
Trust and curiosity are strong in my approach as well as a
good sense of humor . I have always put having fun as a priority!
Great
Bealls (Former Employee), Mission, TXJune 10, 2014
Pros: long lunch times
Cons: no benefits
Sales cashier, attend to customer needs, restocking merchandise and monthly inventory. Maintaining proper clean and safe environment for the customers.
Breath Of Fresh Air
12345 Clothing Boutique (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 7, 2014
Pros: 40% off clothing!
Cons: no healthcare, short breaks
Working for this company, I have gained knowledge from the manager himself as well as other staff members. Allowing me to creative in the workplace means everything to me. I am able to dress/style the mannequins, and store the way I feel will draw more customers in, as well as it being appealing to the customers. This Boutique is full of life and color. I also, learned a lot about high end designers I never knew about and the history of the store brands we carry. Being the only boutique on Traction Av (Art District) is sometimes hard to keep traffic steady, but we use social media to gain more customers, as well as our online store. A day at 12345 is always upbeat, from photo shoot, to different artists coming in to play music. Its always a day to talk about!
productive and fun workplace
Walmart (Former Employee), Bedford, OHApril 10, 2014
Pros: emplyee discounts
Cons: had to pay for lunch
My typical day would be coming in at 10pm. i would clock in go to our group meeting that we had everyday before we statred our tasks. then I would head to the floor and start cleaning. i would clean until 2am then i would have lunch. after lunch i would go to the back and break down boxes and put them in the machine for about 3 hours. then i would take my break. after my break i would go wherever my manager sent me to.
Productive and fun
Sales (Former Employee), springfield,maApril 4, 2014
Pros: good work enviornment
Cons: favoritism
a typical day would be clocking in, then grabbing a box of shipment clothing and processing them, if i was on the register i would clock in count the money in the register proceed with customers. Helping customers i love to do. management was sometimes not inforced with the rules from the store. there was no hard part in the job because i was well trained to do my job. the most enjoyable part was working with good employees, dressing mannequins with my own style and most of all helping my faithful customers that would often come in and look for me to help them.
1 hour lunches
Wal-Mart (Former Employee), NYApril 4, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: not enough hours
Every day was a challenge and helping customers find something made them very comfortible
Good environment, perfect management.
HR (Former Employee), ShenZhenMarch 19, 2014
Co-workers are young and energetic.
Mentor teach me a lot.
Most enjoyable part is the lunch time with the team.
Responsibility and Commitment
Team Leader (Current Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 6, 2014
A single day of work was not easy, I'm in charge of creating routes to meet some services provided in different part of the island. I'm in charge of supervising the work and thus also monitor the economic balance of the market for well know where the faults and know how to attack
worst job ever
Cashier (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: everything else
Horrible hours, management was very mean and disrespectful, not a fun place to work at all
great surroundings
Burlington Coat Factory (Current Employee), Cerritos, CAFebruary 13, 2014
nice people to work with and the surroundings love working for this company
Sales
Key Holder (Part-time) (Current Employee), Niceville, FLFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: discount on clothing
Cons: sometimes to slow
Meeting and helping customers.
Everyday is a learning day.
setting goals meeting and exceeding goals.
There where no coworkers.
There really was not a hard part to this job.
Meeting the peoples needs and learning about them.
Inspiring and productive work place
Artist/ Retail salemen (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: making art, meeting new people, free lunch, co-workers
Cons: only paid 75$ every month if she had the money, manager never there
Working there was fun to get the day started we would began with creating an art piece if there were no customers. And when the customers walk in I would greet them and tell the customers that the holidays coming up and persuade them in to getting shirts,shoes etc for their loved ones. The manager wasn't always there so in was run by a whole bunch of students. She only came on Fridays and she would usually bring lunch every Friday. The hardest part of it all would have to be shaving down wooden chairs. But the part I enjoyed the most was being able to express yourself and being able to take things seriously but also having fun.
Retail Sales
Sales (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 16, 2014
Sales calls and Walk in Customers
labor quotes
installation recommendations
product information
6 co workers
It was an ok place to work
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 14, 2014
We were very busy and had great customer service
learned how to use a lot if tools
management did their jobs
co-workers were fun people
Intense environment, No collaboration, just dictatorship, oppressed management
Assistant Manager/Full-Time/Part-Time (Former Employee), Payless Shoe SourceDecember 3, 2013
Cons: expectations are intense, and do not balance with the salary.
Managers, as well as District Managers, expect you to perform their similar job duties, and company expectations with little or no training. Also, the pay is no where near in reflection of the expectations. The management are dictators and ask for everything with no rewards, or compensation in return. Part-time sales associates are worked like"dogs" and make minimum wage. The raises are not more than 10 cents a year. Therefore, these are the reasons why they have such high turnover rates. They spend more money in hiring, and recruiting new associates instead of attempting to increase their retention rates within their existing team.s The company is closed minded and not open for new ideas, or a new growth that can instill a positive change, and growing future for their company.

Retail Salaries