Retail Employee Reviews

Dillards
Dillards (Current Employee), New Port Richey, FLDecember 30, 2014
Dillards does not care about their employees at all, worst company I have ever worked for..If you do not make your numbers and goals you are fired and escorted outside..Really there is no one to sell to in Gulfview Square Mall..
buying clothes
bfly boutique (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: food
Cons: breaks
an typical day for me at work is pretty much when the customers come in and see all these clothes we purchases and want to buy them all , and the price is very reasonable for them and there satisfied with there purchase. Ive learned that its a lot more to clothes then we all think you have to know what the customers like and how much they wanna spend and the colors everything must go with your skin tone , far as management goes i have ran the store by myself with out my boss having to go back and check twice , the hardest part about working with retail is making sure everything is right and that your customers are happy , the most enjoyable things is that we are all satisfied with our purchase and you don't feel like you got cheated with anything you purchased
An Amazing and fun job.
Patricias (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 3, 2014
Pros: i like that i can rent movies and books and get discounts on items
Cons: the raises every six months and the fact that they give out bonuses
A typical day at work for me would be opening the store and counting my money for my drawer. Then walking around to make sire the store is in good shape things are in place and looking nice. After i unlock the doors and turn on the open sign now were are ready for business.As the day goes on if i have any questions my manager is one phone call away. they help with the problems and makes sure that i understand before i get off the phone. The hardest part of the day at the job is explaining something to a customer and they are rejecting everything i say that makes it hard for me to make sure they understand when all they are doing is shutting me down. the most enjoyable part of the job is when the customer leave satisfied.
A lot of work but a lot of fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), North Brunswick, NJOctober 9, 2014
I enjoyed working there. You had a lot to do but you got to talk to a lot of people and still have fun with your coworkers.
working at mall
Vanity (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 25, 2014
Pros: working in the mall
Cons: short breaks
typical day at work is working with nice customers helping them out with things they need. And I learned how to work the cash register. The management was pretty good. The hardest part was learning all the codes for the register the most enjoyable was meeting customers
very fun place to work
rue21 (Former Employee), bloomington indianaAugust 21, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: no hours no raises
its a good job for college students or a first job or someone looking for part time.
Nice pay and nice environment.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioAugust 12, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: easily fired
Collecting bills and making the quota for the day. Great pay and nice hours.
Retail
Retail - Receptionist (Current Employee), midcoast maineJuly 24, 2014
Pros: the experience
Cons: tough customers
I enjoy working in retail. I have always enjoyed working with the public even if they get real tough to deal with. I am always willing to except a challenge and love earning more responsibility.
Boring and hard place to enjoy a job
Kmart (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: friends made
Cons: the bosses
A typical day at work is putting up with other co-workers non sense and helping others fix their problems. I did not learn anything from this job, except how to tolerate others attitudes. Management is horrible very disrespectful and bossy. My co-workers had more respect then the bosses. The hardest part was dealing with the wrongful treatment. The most enjoyable part was the friends I made.
fun and hard working job
stocker (Former Employee), urbana,ilJuly 11, 2014
I stocked shelves and took care of people, I kept store clean, I learned how to be a fast hard worker, the hardest part was getting everything on the shelves, it was nice to work with the people I work with.
My Experience
Burlington Coat Factory (Former Employee), Blaine, MNJuly 10, 2014
Pros: employees, discounts, and
Cons: n/a
I've worked Retail for quite a while now an I enjoy the fast paced environment. Always having projects to do or customer to attend to is such a treat and keeps you busy.
jbees clothing store
sales (Former Employee), detroit michiganJune 19, 2014
My typical day at work is being to work on time. Retail/sales greeting customers. on shipment days I load and unload stock the shipment which is clothes.Make sure my customers are satisfied with my cooperate sailing skills Cashier make sure all money is there satisfaction guaranteed. My hardest part of my job working disrespectful customers other than that I'm use to the disrespect to let me maintain throughout my day. My most enjoyable part of my job is being able to satisfy my customers an get the job done accordingly for my manager.
Positive atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 14, 2014
I am a self starter that does not like being micro managed.
Trust and curiosity are strong in my approach as well as a
good sense of humor . I have always put having fun as a priority!
Great
Bealls (Former Employee), Mission, TXJune 10, 2014
Pros: long lunch times
Cons: no benefits
Sales cashier, attend to customer needs, restocking merchandise and monthly inventory. Maintaining proper clean and safe environment for the customers.
Breath Of Fresh Air
12345 Clothing Boutique (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 7, 2014
Pros: 40% off clothing!
Cons: no healthcare, short breaks
Working for this company, I have gained knowledge from the manager himself as well as other staff members. Allowing me to creative in the workplace means everything to me. I am able to dress/style the mannequins, and store the way I feel will draw more customers in, as well as it being appealing to the customers. This Boutique is full of life and color. I also, learned a lot about high end designers I never knew about and the history of the store brands we carry. Being the only boutique on Traction Av (Art District) is sometimes hard to keep traffic steady, but we use social media to gain more customers, as well as our online store. A day at 12345 is always upbeat, from photo shoot, to different artists coming in to play music. Its always a day to talk about!
productive and fun workplace
Walmart (Former Employee), Bedford, OHApril 10, 2014
Pros: emplyee discounts
Cons: had to pay for lunch
My typical day would be coming in at 10pm. i would clock in go to our group meeting that we had everyday before we statred our tasks. then I would head to the floor and start cleaning. i would clean until 2am then i would have lunch. after lunch i would go to the back and break down boxes and put them in the machine for about 3 hours. then i would take my break. after my break i would go wherever my manager sent me to.
Productive and fun
Sales (Former Employee), springfield,maApril 4, 2014
Pros: good work enviornment
Cons: favoritism
a typical day would be clocking in, then grabbing a box of shipment clothing and processing them, if i was on the register i would clock in count the money in the register proceed with customers. Helping customers i love to do. management was sometimes not inforced with the rules from the store. there was no hard part in the job because i was well trained to do my job. the most enjoyable part was working with good employees, dressing mannequins with my own style and most of all helping my faithful customers that would often come in and look for me to help them.
1 hour lunches
Wal-Mart (Former Employee), NYApril 4, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: not enough hours
Every day was a challenge and helping customers find something made them very comfortible
Good environment, perfect management.
HR (Former Employee), ShenZhenMarch 19, 2014
Co-workers are young and energetic.
Mentor teach me a lot.
Most enjoyable part is the lunch time with the team.
Responsibility and Commitment
Team Leader (Current Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 6, 2014
A single day of work was not easy, I'm in charge of creating routes to meet some services provided in different part of the island. I'm in charge of supervising the work and thus also monitor the economic balance of the market for well know where the faults and know how to attack