Retention Employee Reviews

Lots of potential
Sales Manager Easyhome (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Cons: No Health Care
I think this is a place where you can grow as a person. I would have like to have seen more team work overall a humbling experience.
dish retention
Dish Network (Current Employee), Northglenn, COJuly 2, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: not able to grow in in company.
taking 40+ calls per day. also managing customers account billing and discount. also cancelling account when customer request.
Stressful
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 22, 2015
It is a call center. It is a very stressful place to work, but the benefits offered are decent. You have the option of several different work schedules
A learning experience
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Irvine,CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Manager experience
Cons: Dishonest company
I started this company being hired as a receptionist. I was quickly promoted to a scheduler/dispatcher which included duties such as, closing out sales calls for security system installments, verifying credit applications, assigning technicians to jobs, contacting technicians for any issues with installments. Shortly after that I was promoted to Customer Service/Retention manager. My job was to handle all the upset customers, and turn them into satisfied customers no matter what the cost. I also had to save sales if the customer called into cancel, and offer incentives. All in all, I learned a lot at this job, and do feel the skills were beneficial. Although in March of 2013, I quit due to the management. This company was primarily about selling security systems (very similar to ADT security) , although they were very big on selling to the elderly who were not in charge of their own finances, or had conditions such as dementia. The elderly would 80% of the time sign up with our company, and we would receive a call back a few days later from a family member of theirs saying that they would like to cancel. There was a cancellation fee of $75.00. Many people would be upset and refuse to pay saying that their parent or grandparent is not mentally stable or healthy to make decisions as such. This is where my job in Retention really played a part, getting all the nasty calls and doing what I could to make the customer happy. Personally my heart went out to the elderly who I felt this company was tricking into buying product. Although my boss felt they were the "perfect target" as he put it. He saw it as one way or another we would get money out of them with the installment fee or cancelation fee. I did not agree with doing this to people, which led me to quitting my job.
Comcast Retention
Sales Specialist, Comcast (Former Employee), Fife, WAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: high turnover rate
This could be a very stressful job depending on how you build rapport with your customers. I really liked the training provided through Comcast, they really prepared their agents with all the tools and skills needed to be successful at this job. The supervisors were great, very chilled atmosphere.
Productive and fun place to work with flexible hours.
Appointment Setter (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 3, 2015
My responsibilities in this position ware to make appointments for customers in the South Florida area. I’m also responsible for retention tracking for customers that were not satisfied or had complaints. I’m also in charge of distributing all work orders to the housekeepers and drivers to ensure the proper arrival time, details, and directions. The most enjoyable part about the job is meeting new people and forming professional relationships with them to better suit the needs to be met by the company.
A place for advancement
SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: employee days, bonuses, time off/sick time
Cons: simple minded individuals, a lot of he say/she say
I spent most of my work shift on the phone except for my lunch and breaks. I liked the experience I received and what I gained with the call center experience.
Cant lose with the phone company
Billing Agent (Former Employee), Newport News, VADecember 14, 2014
Pros: great pay and bonus structure
Cons: no perks for part time employees
I have worked for the phone company for all of my adult career. Compensation has never been lacking. MCI was a fast paced environment and you have to keep up. Sales driven with quotas to make on a monthly basis. Part time employees do not get health benefits or 401K
it was ok
Loyalty specialist (Former Employee), charlotte NCOctober 27, 2014
I enjoyed working for the first few years but as years went by the focus was not on customers anymore
Fast Paced/Challenging environment
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), MarylandOctober 11, 2014
Fast Paced organization
Has good benefits
Requires great judgement
Fun with the friendly staff. Great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pharr, TXJune 27, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: working until midnight or later
Answering in bound calls for directv customers. Dealt with Directv cancellations, Crediting accounts. Retention. Giving Great Deals to keep customers satisfied & happy. High volume calls. Always Kept Busy. I learned to listen, be patient, & resolve issues as best possible.
Retention
Program Consultant (Former Employee), Fort WashingtonMay 21, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: bad marketing
Retention/Program Consultant
Gives expert or professional advice
Created daily diet plan for clients to promote healthy weight loss.
Retained 60% of Nutrisystem clients that where calling to cancel before reaching weight loss goal.
Motivated client by teaching them how to best use nutrisystem product and assisted clients in customizing there order.
Productive, Professional, Laid Back and Profitable
Sales Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMarch 11, 2014
Cons: contractor
CoventryOne/Aetna is a great place to work. All the employess and Management are very helpful.
charter
Billing Representative (Former Employee), vancouverMarch 10, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: madatory ot
good place to work, bad management but good co-workers. mandatory ot which is good when it fits your schedule but not so great when forced to work a random hour late night.
Saves Department
Sales Associate/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 18, 2014
I was to save customers while upselling. I worked on 57 software programs
Great Job
Customer Appreciation Team (Current Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: three days off
Cons: no breaks, short lunches, not good manangement
I work 11 hour days and mainly the entire day I am on the phone with customers trying to save them from leaving Metro PCS. I have learned great communication skills, time management, probing skills, save tactics, how to be apart of a team and to help each other keep our numbers up to have good quarterly scores.
no clue
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), simpsonvilleFebruary 1, 2014
will make you have health problems......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Convergys is a fun and productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLDecember 26, 2013
My coworkers were awesome and management was extremely supportive. Definite winning combination with the advancement opportunities.
customer service/sales duties
TELESALES REP (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaDecember 18, 2013
I worked in retention department calling all customers who's subscription had expired for 5 Tribune newspapers collecting payments and retaining them, renew subscription, downgrade, or cancel if necessary. I also helped them save money by offering them a better price for their service. I also received inbound calls for promotions we had for new or former subscribers. Took all types of payments credit cards, debit or checking information.
Not a good place for advancement
Fayetteville Observer (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCDecember 10, 2013
Pros: discount paper
Cons: working nights
I learned how to persuade people and listen to what they are looking for and need.