Retention Employee Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job was collecting monies that was otherwise thought to be uncollectable.
Customer Service Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2016
Print out collection report, call and or email tenants for payment; Generate and email invoices as requested to tenant; send and receive credit card authorization forms for payment processing; reply to internal and external emails; prepared delinquent accounts for agency placement; established a great working rapport with co-workers and managers.

The hardest part of the job was not having access to systems and having to ask another team member for assistance.
Pros
Pros Catered luncheons
Cons
Cons Benefits
Fun, clean and productive team environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 24, 2016
Productive and fun work environment. A typical day at work would start with getting there a little a head of time to get ready and then followed by a sales meeting to discuss the teams progress, then we would get on the phones to take calls to help customers. The most enjoyable thing about work is the effort that management made to make us feel recognized, work events, gift cards, and team competitions. The hardest part of the job would be the stressful criticisms that the management has when they review calls and make suggestions for improvement. Coworkers are diverse and friendly.
Pros
great medical and dental benefits daycare reinbursement
Cons
micro management and high pressure sales goals
Unstable work environment, but has potential
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 7, 2016
This office has relax work environment at times. However the owner can be a Micro-Manager and the Marketing techniques are changing to often to ever establish a system that is based off facts. A lot of emotion from the owners but not stable enough to consider a long term career.
Pros
Close to dining, break, and plenty of offered spiffs.
Cons
Unstable Marketing, Bad pay, no benefits, emotional CEO
Great Worklife Balance very comfortable
Unit Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAJune 30, 2016
A typical day at work is slow paced not very busy. I have learned alot of leadership, communication, and professional skills. My coworkers have always been a pleasure to work with. There is a culture of teamwork and accountability. The hardest part of the job is the confusion between Active Duty counterparts and the Guard. Alot of coworkers do not know the difference. The most enjoyable part is when everyone knows what the Guard's role is then we all can set goals and work together to meet objectives.
Pros
lunches, free time, opportunities for advancement
Cons
promotion scale is reached very quickly and then stops
It's not for all
sale agent (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 28, 2016
This is a good job if you like working for call centers. Offers great pay and benefits, you have decent support here. Hardest part of the job is maintaining your statistics and not getting burnt out. In all honestly it is a good job you can make a lot of money here with the unlimited over time but call centers are not for everyone.
Fun place to work
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJAugust 26, 2016
My day starts at 8am and ends at 7pm, sales is based on people credit which makes it hard to sale because a lot of people at this time credit isn't that great. But if you can give options and overcome rejection you will make a nice penny.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Have to work long hours to see that great pay
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 12, 2017
Fun work environment hands on training and exceptional practice in building long last relationships with clientele. Easy going and and management was relatable and relaible
Regular Cashier Job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sharon, PADecember 1, 2016
Was satisfied as a cashier at the gas station on mahoning ave. The schedule was flexible and the pay was good for my young age.
Good managers and ping pong tables
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working at Pinnacle Security, because the manager that trained me was very good. I learned a lot from him and now use a lot of what he taught me in my current job. It doesn't seem to be a place for a career unless you get into one of the executive positions because while I was there a lot of turnover happened within the company. A lot of college kids are recruited to work on the different teams and once graduated, those kids leave for better jobs. I learned how to better sale and manage angry calls at this job and would recommend it for a short term job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not stable
Great staff and excellent benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 23, 2013
At this position I learned now to deal with disgruntled customers and now to calm them down. After they talked to me I always made sure they were satisfied with my work and that they were happy with the company again. My job was to save clients from leaving AT&T and switching to another company. My goal was always to make the end result a positive one and make sure the clients would stay with AT&T through multiple retention tactics.
Pros
Excellent healthcare, 401K, Education reimbursement, plenty of overtime
Cons
High stress, not all of the management really knew what they were doing...
job description was never clear
Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Tarboro, NCJune 24, 2016
driving an hour to work and an hour home with an hour for lunch break was not what i planned on doing. Especially when the work hours where from 10am-7pm because it killed my day and with having a daughter at the age of 1 i could never spend time with her
Great work atmosphere with collaborating team
Manager of Physician Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIFebruary 9, 2016
Negotiating and recruiting physicians. Able to work in stressful situations and keep a calm head. Ability to work in a team or individually.
It is exciting recruiting for a hard specialty and then the rewarding time is when you actually sign a provider. Meeting and speaking with all types of individuals makes you learn to be very diverse. What may be important to me, may not be to others.
Pros
Flexible scheduling and working from home on occasion.
Cons
Long hours (12+)
just ok
CSR/TECH (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 17, 2016
The job was ok at best.
there was poor communication between management and employees.
Atmosphere was very unprofessional.
Cant lose with the phone company
Billing Agent (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 14, 2014
I have worked for the phone company for all of my adult career. Compensation has never been lacking. MCI was a fast paced environment and you have to keep up. Sales driven with quotas to make on a monthly basis. Part time employees do not get health benefits or 401K
Pros
Great pay and bonus structure
Cons
no perks for part time employees
a review
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2013
I firmly believe that work is meant to have a "growth & enjoyment " perspective. Learning the management process & how to engage w/ co-workers is extremely important.

Some are better than others!
Pros
benefits, time off, cultural exchange, growth
Cons
long hours, holiday travel, being overlooked for positions...
Comcast Retention
Sales Specialist, Comcast (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAMarch 14, 2015
This could be a very stressful job depending on how you build rapport with your customers. I really liked the training provided through Comcast, they really prepared their agents with all the tools and skills needed to be successful at this job. The supervisors were great, very chilled atmosphere.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
HIgh Turnover rate
A lot of fun to work in records
Manager (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYMay 13, 2016
This was the place where the business managers ordered files for audits and we always met the demand. We put together files when specific documents were requested by managers or auditors.
Fun with the friendly staff. Great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXJune 27, 2014
Answering in bound calls for directv customers. Dealt with Directv cancellations, Crediting accounts. Retention. Giving Great Deals to keep customers satisfied & happy. High volume calls. Always Kept Busy. I learned to listen, be patient, & resolve issues as best possible.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
working until midnight or later
Stressful
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 22, 2015
It is a call center. It is a very stressful place to work, but the benefits offered are decent. You have the option of several different work schedules
Great people to work with
Discover Financial Services (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 7, 2013
I have learned a great deal working for Discover Card. They have taught me lots about providing valuable and quality customer service.
Pros
Great Benefits, Free lunches, Nice cozy enviornment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Retention. Our community is ready to answer.