Full time position in thriving medical practice. We are seeking an independent self starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong computer skills and an ability to multi task in a fast paced environment. Previous medical office experience preferred.
If interested please submit resume and cover letter with salary expectations.
See Job Description Below:
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for patient registration, scheduling appointments, and collecting co-pays. Handle the distribution and processing of outgoing and incoming mail and correspondence. Serves as backup support for insurance specialist as needed.
List of Responsibilities/Duties
- Registers patients by gathering, verifying and entering in demographic and insurance information.
- Obtains signed registration sheets, permissions to file claims, releases, etc.
- Collects co-payments and personal payments and balances payments received and posted each day.
- Verify petty cash is in balance at the end of each business day.
- Handles inquiries about insurances accepted, office hours, services, locations, doctor information, etc.
- Process and mail appointment reminders and well as new patient registration packets prior to appointments.
- Handles telephone receptionist responsibilities as needed.
- Assists insurance specialist as needed with insurance payment posting, secondary insurance claim filing and other duties.
- Greets patients promptly and professionally.
- Properly triages patients and visitors.
- Scans correspondence as needed into EMR.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times and communicates with the Office Manager regarding procedural changes and concerns.
- Cooperates and communicates with all staff members and physicians about patient matters.
- Processes requests for medical records
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Minimum Education Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Alphabetization and spelling skills a must.
Minimum Background Requirements
- Clerical work experience, some of which is preferably in a medical office setting.
Minimum Demonstrated Skills
- Position requires accuracy, thoroughness, and an understanding of insurance and referral procedures.
- Work is fast paced and requires multi-tasking.
- Requires ability to work as a team member.
- Skill in operating computer, word processing software, fax machines and copier machines.
- Must be able to stand, reach, bend and squat repeatedly during the day.
- Must be able to communicate via the telephone.
- Must be able to view and type computer data.
- Must have manual dexterity to file
The American with Disabilities Act requires that responsible accommodations be made for qualified individuals to help perform the required duties and tasks of the position. Please let us know at the time you apply for the position if you will need any special accommodations.