Retirement

Retirement Employer Reviews

Well organized
President (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2014
Pros: all resources provided
Allowed me to help others in the field.

See my resume for details.
Retirement has allowed me to focus my attentions other activities such as traveling and fellowship
Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 2, 2014
Pros: having time to determine how to spend my days
Cons: not having enough to occupy my mind at times
A typical day as a Retiree includes volunteer work, going to church, socializing, traveling and providing assistance to friends/family as needed.
Indexer
Data Entry Indexer (Former Employee), Dublin, OHApril 1, 2014
• Key skill advanced with numeric, and alpha.
• Research customers in advance searches through different programs such as Views 2.0, and Vision.
• Scanned in certified mail, opened, and processed thru the correct lines of business
Enjoyed my job, loved working with at risk students.
Foods and Nutrition Teacher (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMarch 30, 2014
Worked at a junior high school. Personable, On Time, Eager to work. Good relationship with staff and students. All paperwork was always submitted in a timely manner.
There was never a dull day in the ten years.
Supervisor Contract Surveillance Representative (Former Employee), Marine Corps Base, Public Works Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: i injoyed working with all the people
Camp Pendleton has approximately 65,000 people on any work day and covers about 20miles by 20miles. Facilities Support Contract Division, FSC, is tasked with performing work using Service and Construction contractors in support to Facilities Maintenance Division, FMD. Jobs that were not feasible to do in-house was given to FSC FSC maintains approximately – more... 50 different contractors between service and constriction and would write, inspect, and recommend payment for the work performed.At the time of my retirement, we were approving invoices for 50 million dollars a year. So there was never a dull day at work. – less
Independent RN and Retirement
Independent Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: wonderful, rewarding experiences
Assisted family , friends and neighbors with family members who have cancer and other illnesses so those people may stay in their own homes. Very rewarding work with little or no benefits except a special new closeness with friends and family. Lots of free time to pursue hobbies.
Great place to work the best job I every had.
Director of Central Services (Former Employee), Springfield, ilJanuary 10, 2014
Nothing to say except great place to work and great people to deal with. Unfortunately I quit my job to spend time with my ailing Father who passed away 3 months after I retired. Glad I got to spend that time with him.
Retirement is good
Retiree (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 20, 2013
Retirement is good, but tight on the budget. It is difficult to budget on a fixed income.
Bad choice
Actuarial Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 21, 2013
Don't work here. There are probably a lot of job openings but this is a terrible place to start your career. Unless you already work in retirement, avoid this place.
Looking for work
Electrician (Current Employee), Gainesville FLApril 6, 2013
Let me know if you have a good job for me. I also do maintenance work, like, repairs to electric, plumbing , painting. Some carpentry locks and keys. etc
A typical day at work
Health Unit Coordinator/Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 19, 2013
Some of your patient are kind some are not they just might be have a bad day and take there action out on u u just have to be patient and kind and lovery and they hole prective will change.
Very good place to work.
HR Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Russellville, KYFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: no cafeteria
I loved the people, if not for them I would not have been needed.
Retired 2002. Self Employed until 2008
Inventory Manager / Buyer (Former Employee), Clients National and InternationalSeptember 29, 2012
+Storeroom and Maintenance Department Assesments.
+Savints of over $1,000,000 to Clinents.
+Devlop Cost Effective departments for Clients
+Train workers to work more efficiently and perserve the bottom line
+Assisting with Buying and selling Manufacturing Equipment.
Productive and interesting workpleace.
Custody Assistant/Correction Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2012
I learned how to work with people from many different cultures and backgrounds in a close work setting. I enjoyed my job because every day there was something new to broaden my horizon.
Nice place to work
HR/Payroll/AP (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 15, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no holidays
I learned a lot and have gained a ton of experience during my time at The Retirement Center.
Great place to work and I learned alot there.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Plano, TXMarch 12, 2012
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: no rotating schedules
Perot Systems was a wonderful company. I worked there 8 years before they were bought out and outsourced.
Recently retired
unemloyed (Former Employee), Wichita, Ks.March 8, 2012
Pros: no comment.
Cons: no comment.
Not retired long enough to offer a fair evaluation or comments.
Learning experience was good
Process Developer (L3) (Current Employee), NoidaMay 12, 2014
Pros: working culture
Cons: salary
1) nice place to work
2) good working environment
3) good managers
SENIOR WARRANT OFFICER
OFFICER ITALIAN AIR FORCE (Former Employee), italyNovember 24, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: daily/night shifts
Supervisor of air space control and responsible of identification of any aircraft flying over the assigned air space.

During my carer I also have been instructed how to perform control and monitor all movement of staff, visitors and contractors and vehicles requiring access to military site, the main access gates to the location monitored at all times. – more... Basic paperwork. Patrol site report all incidents.
Duties include reception, overseeing access control, signing in and out, registering vehicles and visitors, incident reporting and other related tasks as required. issuing entry passes, basic paperwork, patrolling, monitoring and prevention of unauthorized entry to premises and dealing with general enquiries – less

About Retirement

AARP is a non-profit, nonpartisan membership organization for people 50 and over. We provide information and resources; advocate – Read more