Retirement Employee Reviews in United States

Great Organization To Work For
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 29, 2016
It was a great opportunity to serve in my former workplace. I grew in ways that contributed to my present day strengths and skill level.
Ascertaining excellent yearly performance reviews, the respect and positive ratings from both management and team members and the most rewarding was knowing that I made an effective contribution to the organization as a whole was the most rewarding.
Retirement is fun can be boring
Various Part-time Activities (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 12, 2016
Sometimes it is hard to find things to do. That is why I want to go back to work. I am in pretty good shape and have a lot to offer a company.
Nice place to work. Enjoyable. Nice administration.
Light Vehicle Driver/Clerk/Medium Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Worked at Los Angeles County for 28 1/2 years. Always enjoyed my job.

Make an itinerary for pick ups and deliveries via computer. Pick up and deliver toys to centers, pick up toy donations from homes, attend informational fairs, talking to public about our program.

I learned that I had a good and positive job.

Management and co-workers were always nice.

The hardest part of the job was when I had to pick up a truck load with no help.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I deliver the toys and seeing the smiles on the children faces when they receive their toys.
Pros
Positive working environment.
It was a very stressful place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 15, 2016
Working at Aetna for approximately 22 years but very well spent. However, the stress level was very high and because I was unable to move around, sat 8 hours a day my health was being effective. I decided to take their early retirement offer and do simular work but in a less stressful environment.
Pros
Great benefits, good salary
Cons
Sat to much in my job very stressful
Retirement is productive
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 9, 2015
I have officially retired from the US Department of Justice. I am not retired in fact, for I am employed. I plan to work in some form or another the rest of my life.
Pros
relaxed schedule
Cons
Lack control of schedules
Rewarding relationships, great results.
Mathematics Specialist/Upward Bound Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 19, 2015
As an educator, trainer, and youth counselor, I enjoyed coordinating programs that helped teachers and students achieve great success.
As a restoration and painting contractor, I took great pride in finished products.
Pros
Relationships. Successful results and achievement.
Cons
Unclear expectations at times, and faulty assessments
Great immediate supervisor
travel opportunities
great immediate supervisor
cross training opportunities
safe work environment
Pros
free lunches, flexible scheduling, workout facility
Cons
little chance of advancement
Warehouse/Freight Enviroment
Traffic Management Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAOctober 7, 2015
Looking for a fun job in the civilian world. Had a blast dealing with Logistics, warehouse and freight duties/tasks during my 20 years in the USAF and hoping to utilize all my knowledge/skills on the outside after retirement.
Pros
Just looking for a good workplace/team to work with/for
Cons
Not able to be flexiable on work hrs/days if needed
What a great job!
Circulation, Stacks & Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2015
Working at a college library had it rewards. I thought it would be so overwhelming but as time went on I loved my job. I really enjoyed working at such a great institution. The students working under me enjoyed me as a boss we still meet and enjoy dinner and chatting about it until this day! I loved working doing various duties during the day with a mixture of patrons was very rewarding and sometimes chaotic but I loved every minute.
Pros
Working with various cultures and learning new experiences with so much interesting people.
Cons
I had to leave to explore new areas of my employment within the college.
Educational and warm environment
Slavic Investments (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 22, 2015
Slavic Investments provided many opportunities to expand your knowledge in the retirement field. The people were warm, friendly and helpful.
Pros
Gain of knowledge
Cons
Health benefits
Retirement is fun but . . . .
Manager - Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 4, 2015
I am looking for more challenges in my life that utilize my skills and expertise, with an income that will bridge from Social Security to that which will allow me to invest in the future.
Pros
More time for gardening and crafts!
Cons
Less interaction with people than I want, challenge of helping others to solve day to day problems is missing, except for some occasional volunteer work.
Not working
Telecom Project Manager - retired (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 6, 2015
spend days looking for work in telecom field and starting a new career
learned to be patient
I am the management and I am just OK
No coworkers
hardest part of job - staying focused
most enjoyable part - none
Pros
relaxing
Cons
no income, healthcare or benefits
Lead Correctional Officer (Sergeant) (Former Employee) –  Washington D.C>March 20, 2015
Typical day at work was challenging. I learned about security procedures. Management was good. co-workers was professional. The hardest part of the job was not having enough staff to carry out the duties on shifts making the job hard to complete.The most enjoyable part of the job was doing law enforcement work and leaving knowing that I completed my work assignment.
Pros
management informing you that you can get a job done with less staff.
Cons
making you believe that you can get the job done with less staff knowing that can not.
Office Politics and Beauracracy Win!
Assistant Vice-President (Current Employee) –  Pennington, NJNovember 25, 2014
Not an ideal environment to shine as an individual. There are lots of missed developmental opportunities and advancement seems limited. Even if you are the star performer in your group- everyone seems to advance to the same level around the same time.
Pros
flexibility to recommend enhancements
Cons
work life balance is ignored
Retirement
Retired (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLNovember 17, 2014
Enjoyed the time to accomplish personal goals and enjoyed it for a period of time. I missed being in a working atmosphere.
Pros
was able to spend time on home and with family and friends
Demanding Job and Working with many people
Special Education Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 14, 2014
This job required positive people skills on a daily basis. It was also important to have good computer skills and telephone skills.
Pros
working with parents, students and staff members
Cons
very demanding and stressful
Retirement is over rated!
House keeper, gardener, ect!! (Current Employee) –  Lemoore, CAOctober 10, 2014
I found out that I was not ready for retirement. I still have the drive to work.
Pros
you have the time to find just the right job
Cons
no cons, i just was not ready to retire.
Very good working career
Deputy-Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 19, 2014
Over the course of 28 years of service I was able to work and learn in various capacities within the department. I was in command in a middle management position for 20 years and responsible for training numerous deputies. I would like to think that I made a difference in the environment in which I worked and defused a lot of situations that could have festered into chaos for all involved.

I enjoyed what I did and untimely departure was attributed to political promotion.
Well organized
President (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2014
Allowed me to help others in the field.

See my resume for details.
Pros
all resources provided
Retirement has allowed me to focus my attentions other activities such as traveling and fellowship
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 2, 2014
A typical day as a Retiree includes volunteer work, going to church, socializing, traveling and providing assistance to friends/family as needed.
Pros
having time to determine how to spend my days
Cons
not having enough to occupy my mind at times

4.2