Retreat Hospital Employee Reviews

The hardest place I ever encountered working in my life being a nures
Staff Nurse on Surgical Women's Unit (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 28, 2015
The work was so strenuous with most times no assistance helping. I iinjured my lt knee there and still have problems with it. The place was poorly run by managers.the patients received poor nursing care. I haven't worked in a clinical setting leaving Retreat
Pros
i was assigned to work on 10 bed female unit when it was opened which was not often.
Cons
When unit was closed you floated all over hospital doingwhat ever with too mant patients.
like it
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 7, 2015
I had a great learning experience. The people I met have been great and have inspired me to become a better nurse. I do not regret working there at all.
Pros
great people
Cons
Productive, challenging fast paced and fun.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 22, 2015
Maintaining the cleanliness of the entire building from 5th floor down to the Emergency Room. Cleaned patient rooms, common areas and Emergency Room. Communicated with Hospital staff daily.

I learned how to clean special rooms, prioritize what rooms to clean in order.

Time management to be effective in my responsibilities and duties.

My co-workers were fun to work with.

The hardest part of the job was getting swamped with rooms to clean when I was the only person.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making sure a patient has a clean bed, room and environment.
Its ok
Food Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond,VaJanuary 15, 2015
I enjoyed working with my coworkers, and love the patients, but just wanted more hours.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low pay, not enough hours
ok place to work
Patient Transport (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 20, 2013
good place to work if you do not want to make much money I work with some very good people and enjoy helping people
Pros
free meals
Cons
low pay
role as a pn nurse
student nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 9, 2012
My role as being a Lpn in a clinical setting throughout my being a student was very educational to me. I love to work with people and the greatest part was knowing that I helped someone in someway. Nursing is not just a job for me it is a heart felt passion, something I have always dreamed of doing. I plan to continue my education and in the mean time I am going to work to find a career where I can make a difference.
Generalist
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Richmond VAJuly 27, 2012
Maintenance and quality control for the testing in Blood Bank, Chemistry, Hematology, coagulation,Serology, Micro. Phlebotomy, send-outs.
Pros
i enjoyed multitasking throughout the lab
Cons
this job was only part-time