Rettew Associates

Rettew Associates Employer Reviews

Decent place to work
Geoscientist (Former Employee), Canton, OHApril 4, 2014
Pros: good training
Cons: healthcare, poor overall management, not loyal to thier employees
Job tasks vary from day to day. Learned much about the natural gas processes in the utica shale play. Management in the canton, oh office was very good despite terrible management throughout the rest of the company. The co-workers seem to complain about day to day events there. But some are just not thankful for oppurtunity. The most enjoyable part driving home.
Unrealistic senior management team
executive management (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg and Lancaster PAFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: do not understand construction principles
The construction department's leader is not qualified in this field, he is a fine engineer, but has no understanding of the construction process. The construction employees are non existent and the division relies solely on sub-contract work. They do not self perform work. The expectations are to find a client with deep pockets and try to sell the engineering part of the design build, then sub contract the entire build process at a 25% mark up. in my professional opinion this company has no business being involved in construction. They are quite capable of engineering services, but not construction. They hire, then lay off and fire people continually after they take what ever knowledge they need from that particular person/position. Beware, not a very ethical company. The construction project manager also has no business in construction. His expertise for the past 20 years has been digging wells and has no real experience in any other form of construction.
Great company
EIT Civil Engineer II (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 29, 2013
Pros: benefits, expenses paid
Cons: low pay for experience
productive teams to work with, worked indoors on design, and outdoors with E&S inspections, enjoyable co-workers, great management,
Great Work Envionment
Resident Project Representative II (Former Employee), Lancaster, PASeptember 27, 2013
4 star review for employer

4 star for employer

4 star review for employer

4 star for employer
Great Supervisor and Co wokers locally, out of touch Company
Survey Technician (Former Employee), Sayre, PAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: worked with great gear and great people locally
Cons: corporate culture was unrealistic and out of touch
Corporate culture is listed as a family style operation, however that's hardly the case. With more and more involvement with big energy the company couldn't seem to manage funding and everything was always a big secret.

We were forced to develop and accept an almost wartime like thought mode where everything was always last second, and crisis. You will always be expected to work several grades above your title and pay for free.

When complaints were made, you were asked to leave. Dissension was not tolerated.
Energetic environment, striving to delight clients
Project Geologist (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMarch 6, 2013
Pros: fun group of co-workers
Cons: high stress, often brought work home.
I learned a great deal from my superiors - not only in the technical portion of my job, but also in professional conduct and effective project management skills.

The hardest part of the job was managing stress and working with tight budgets.

I enjoyed the constant challenges of my job.
Liars
Field Technician (Former Employee), Carrollton, OhioJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: easy job, basically could do whatever you wanted since management was never around, thats why half the employees did drugs and drank beer on site(i never did).
Cons: management had no clue, fellow employees were useless, lies.
The General Manager is the biggest lying salesman you will ever meet. That is the truth. His right hand man was useless because he was never on site. Yet another Site Manager was also useless and did nothing but sit in a house they rented all day. The last Site Manager was good. The best manager they had. Yet he was rarely on site and sitting at the house also. Do you get what I am saying here??? We had 4 Managers that did nothing. This is why they never got a Contract with Chesapeake Energy. That and all the lies they told Chesapeake because they was never treating Chesapeakes water properly and doing it within their parameters. Yet they all said we would get the Contract. Only a handful actually knew there was no chance they was getting it. If your smart stay far away from Rettew Flowback. Also I would never use them as a service company in the oilfield industry.
Rettew
Environmental scientist (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJanuary 7, 2013
Ok work environment, nice knowledgeable and professional co workers. Spent a lot of time traveling for work, was not offered opportunity to advance career due to lack of work available.
Great place to work, good people, IT support, can work from home at times
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Sayre, PADecember 15, 2012
Environmental Engineering service area performing construction management services for gas drilling clients.
Good management, helpful, intelligent staff.
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaDecember 2, 2012
Ability to work unsupervised, freedom of schedule as long as work is completed.
Good Place to work
CAD Operator- Draw (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 7, 2012
Pros: good people to work for.
Cons: did not pay enough to pay the bills
I learned more here then i did at school. Alot of postive stuff to say about this job.
The best part of the day was when i would complete a project. The hardest part of the day would be when i didnt complete a project.
Great Company, Service Area Directors are easy to work with
Recruiter (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 6, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
My typical day was more menial than I anticipated prior to joining, not enough diversity in tasks
A nice atmosphere, laid back but professional.
Engineer (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAAugust 27, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, laid back atmosphere
A typical day at RETTEW involved lots of coordination between offices, office chit chat and many days of long tough work. I learned a lot about the gas industry and improved my skills at speaking with vendors, contractors and clients.

My coworkers where always there to provide help and assistance when I asked, I had a great group of people as mentors. Management often felt distant and the only times I really interacted with them was for project reviews.