Rettew Associates

Rettew Associates Employee Reviews in United States

Not worth upending your life
Party Chief (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 10, 2015
This is not a company I'd recommend working for. I knew it would be a rough go when I was offered much less money for a supervisory position over my previous job where I was not in a supervisory position, even though I had experience in the oil and gas industry. They wouldn't even meet me in the middle. I never had a flexible schedule, nor was I done anywhere near the same time every day. If there was no work for the day, you had to burn a vacation day or take an unpaid day off. There were days that I spent more time driving to and from jobs than actually doing work. I was constantly at the mercy of numerous project managers (5+). This is a very text and e-mail happy company. You can expect, as I got, e-mails at any time of the day or night. For a company that claims it has family values, there was no work-life balance. For them, it's all about the money. If there's an issue and you go up the chain of command, you can expect to do it numerous times as in my case, it seemed that nobody listened to my concerns the first time. Or the time after that. Or the time after that. We were constantly over our monthly goal and the only recognition we got was a "good job guys" in early morning meetings. There's a reason that 2 people left in my department before I did and one right after I did. I was able to learn more from the guys that I worked with and I enjoyed working with them. We all got along pretty well. But management and how the company is being run leaves a lot left to be desired.
Pros
take home company truck
Cons
terrible pay, terrible benefits, no work-life balance, more supervisors than office space
Great company
EIT Civil Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 29, 2013
productive teams to work with, worked indoors on design, and outdoors with E&S inspections, enjoyable co-workers, great management,
Pros
benefits, expenses paid
Cons
low pay for experience
Great Supervisor and Co wokers locally, out of touch Company
Survey Technician (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAAugust 16, 2013
Corporate culture is listed as a family style operation, however that's hardly the case. With more and more involvement with big energy the company couldn't seem to manage funding and everything was always a big secret.

We were forced to develop and accept an almost wartime like thought mode where everything was always last second, and crisis. You will always be expected to work several grades above your title and pay for free.

When complaints were made, you were asked to leave. Dissension was not tolerated.
Pros
worked with great gear and great people locally
Cons
corporate culture was unrealistic and out of touch
Energetic environment, striving to delight clients
Project Geologist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 6, 2013
I learned a great deal from my superiors - not only in the technical portion of my job, but also in professional conduct and effective project management skills.

The hardest part of the job was managing stress and working with tight budgets.

I enjoyed the constant challenges of my job.
Pros
fun group of co-workers
Cons
high stress, often brought work home.
Rettew
Environmental scientist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 7, 2013
Ok work environment, nice knowledgeable and professional co workers. Spent a lot of time traveling for work, was not offered opportunity to advance career due to lack of work available.
Great place to work, good people, IT support, can work from home at times
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PADecember 15, 2012
Environmental Engineering service area performing construction management services for gas drilling clients.
Good management, helpful, intelligent staff.
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 2, 2012
Ability to work unsupervised, freedom of schedule as long as work is completed.
Good Place to work
CAD Operator- Draw (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 7, 2012
I learned more here then i did at school. Alot of postive stuff to say about this job.
The best part of the day was when i would complete a project. The hardest part of the day would be when i didnt complete a project.
Pros
good people to work for.
Cons
did not pay enough to pay the bills
Great Company, Service Area Directors are easy to work with
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 6, 2012
My typical day was more menial than I anticipated prior to joining, not enough diversity in tasks
Pros
flexible schedule
A nice atmosphere, laid back but professional.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 27, 2012
A typical day at RETTEW involved lots of coordination between offices, office chit chat and many days of long tough work. I learned a lot about the gas industry and improved my skills at speaking with vendors, contractors and clients.

My coworkers where always there to provide help and assistance when I asked, I had a great group of people as mentors. Management often felt distant and the only times I really interacted with them was for project reviews.
Pros
flexible hours, laid back atmosphere

2.6