Reuters Employee Reviews

Good company and strong culture
Editor (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 30, 2014
I recommend Thomson Reuters as a good employer where career opportunities abound, the culture is positive and the pay/benefits are quite attractive. As a truly global company, it is an attractive option for truly talented employees seeking experiences in different areas and countries.
Great Work environment
Account Representative (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MI. U.S.AOctober 21, 2014
Pros: took advantage of the basketball court regularly during lunch
The management staff at Thomson is one to remember. They were by far the most professional team I had the pleasure of working with and learn from.

While at Thomson I was able to shine quite rapidly. I – more... developed a quite a reputation for producing rapid results with the most challenging cold calling lists. Other managers requested that I share my technique with new hires from time to time.

As a result I was hand picked to be 1 of 5 employees chosen for the accelerated track from a sales floor or 80 Account representative – less
Reuters was the world's leading wire service & one of the world's leading electronic news services for many years. Product declined after acquisition.
writer/editor (Former Employee), Washington DCApril 27, 2014
Pros: constant and continuing higher education
Cons: sometimes incompetent management; long hours
The day was all day, all night & overnight. A 24/7 shop.

Learning was constant and across all disciplines, from sports and entertainment to economics, diplomacy, politics, government, health and science, – more... personal finance and lifestyle.

Management quality and insight into the news business has declined in recent years after acquisition in 2010 by Thomson Corp.

My co-workers were world-class journalists, but many left the company since the acquisition, with a grand exodus in 2013 when many accepted a buy-out package. I was among them.

The overnight shift, where we were expected to manage and coordinate coverage of the entire western hemisphere, often alone, was the hardest part.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job was chasing major breaking news as part of a world-class and widely diverse team of professionals. – less
Financial, Commodity and world news feeds. basic investment tools.
Marketing (Former Employee), NYC, NYApril 18, 2014
Reuters was a very different company 35 years ago. I am sure it is very different now.
Solid Company
Director - Strategic Planning and Market Research (Former Employee), Stamford, CTApril 3, 2014
Solid company that has refocued itself and merged with Thomson to form a strong entity
Worked for 25 years
Client Administration Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits, 401k, medical, vacations, personal/sick days
Cons: difficult to move up the ladder
I was happy to work at Reuters for all those 25 years I dedicated myself to this wonderful company. Unfortunately, due to economic downturns I was laid off in December 2011. I miss working there mostly the staff I used to deal with and the environment which led me to work flexible while still able to look for other opportunities in and outside of the company.
Productive and fun workplace
CMO Data Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 3, 2013
Pros: relaxing
Cons: tourist attraction
Perfect job location, the heart of Times Square. Learn a lot about prospectuses. Manager and coworkers are very relax and enjoyable environment.
Quality of work
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 17, 2013
Pros: large organization
Cons: was 2-3 hours away from home
It started with Writng test plans and executed them on test bed. Then it would be followed by Programming of real time fixed income data warehouse project "Benchmark Treasury Yield Systems" in C. Used rational rose to re-engineer and learn BTYS system and recode it C++
Productive and fun place to work in
Senior Programmer, Programmer (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYMay 10, 2013
This was my first job right out of college and I learned a great deal about using the technologies I was learning about in school. They encouraged learning and new ideas.
Reuters - not Thomson Reuters - was a great place to work
Vice President, Americas Head of Technology (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2013
Pros: a true news and information services organization that brings unbiased coverage to the world
Cons: the merge with thomson, a completely different cultural organization
Reuters no longer exists. Thomson Reuters is a different place that is still struggling to fully merge the two organizations from 2008.
Good place to be
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJanuary 28, 2013
Good colleagues. Smart and ambitious team. It was a fun and exciting place to be.
I loved my job of setting up all of th global client visits.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMay 15, 2012
Pros: met a lot of diverse people
This was a great company to work for. I interacted with Executive Assistants globally.