Reuters Employee Reviews

I'm very happy I worked eight years with them
Cameraman Producer (Former Employee) –  Middle EastAugust 15, 2017
I'm staff with reuters news I have worked at almost every country's in middle east I was employ at baghdad office . Bbc news gave me a best story for 2007..
Fantastic place to work
Technical Instructor/Curriculum Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
Love the environment. Total room for growth and moving about. Great career path. Tuition reimbursement, profit sharing. I never woke on day and did not want to go to work.
Fue mejor trabajo
Ayúdate de cosina y limpieza (Former Employee) –  Argentina Canyon, NMJuly 17, 2017
Fue un trabajo bueno para mi porque a predica a ayudar a mis compañeros de trabajo y
Pros
No tenia seguro social
Cons
Si tenia tiempo para tomar café
Decent place to work
Marketing (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 24, 2017
Pretty stable. Pay is good. Benefits are good. No growth opportunities unless you are an axx kisser. Colleagues are good and down to earth. Training is solid
Pros
Stable
Cons
no future
Advancing news technology
SENIOR PHOTOGRAPHER & EDITOR (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 8, 2017
A global news organization on the cutting edge of technology to advance journalism and news gathering on all fronts, from wars to fashion to art and culture. Great place to work.
Pros
The latest in news technology
Cons
No downside
tv tech
Freelance ENG Sound Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 11, 2017
Pretty cushy job if one is dedicated to their individual craft and perfecting each role. My manager was God-sent! This is without exaggeration. He was very fair to me- a minority woman.
Terrific experience with a world class news organization.
Global Head of Picture Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2017
My 14 years at Reuters was a learning experience in global media markets, news gathering and exposure to superb, trustworthy journalism and talented people. It was great knowing team members and clients alike from so many cultures and backgrounds - many of whom will remain lifelong friends. The culture is fast paced and hands on. Being part of a team and contributing to the greater mission is the among the most enjoyable aspect of the job.
Excellent people, but position was falsely advertised
Illinois Statehouse Correspondent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 7, 2017
My editors were great and gave me plenty of opportunities to contribute, but the position as advertised said advancement was a possibility when actually the opposite was true.
Application programmer
Senior Lead Application Programmer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 4, 2016
Write, test, install, and maintain internal program application to collect, analyze, format, and present world wide stock market information on a daily basis.
okay
NET & PL/SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 1, 2016
No comments as it varies from project to project. work environment was better in hyderabad compared to dallas. I have no more comments
Good
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, APJuly 30, 2015
Good
didnt have much interaction but good in whatever interactions i had
nothing much to say as my applications were very limited to what the entire business of Reuters was so no much comments
Pros
good culture
Cons
old culture
Good Work Life Balance
Senior Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2015
Excellent creative financial news organization, worked in various groups and learned a lot about the company.good manager, was an expert in his field and highly regarded. Was a nice place to work at.
Good company and strong culture
Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2014
I recommend Thomson Reuters as a good employer where career opportunities abound, the culture is positive and the pay/benefits are quite attractive. As a truly global company, it is an attractive option for truly talented employees seeking experiences in different areas and countries.
Great Work environment
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI. U.S.AOctober 21, 2014
The management staff at Thomson is one to remember. They were by far the most professional team I had the pleasure of working with and learn from.

While at Thomson I was able to shine quite rapidly. I developed a quite a reputation for producing rapid results with the most challenging cold calling lists. Other managers requested that I share my technique with new hires from time to time.

As a result I was hand picked to be 1 of 5 employees chosen for the accelerated track from a sales floor or 80 Account representative
Pros
Took advantage of the basketball court regularly during lunch
Cons
Reuters was the world's leading wire service & one of the world's leading electronic news services for many years. Product declined after acquisition.
writer/editor (Former Employee) –  Washington DCApril 27, 2014
The day was all day, all night & overnight. A 24/7 shop.

Learning was constant and across all disciplines, from sports and entertainment to economics, diplomacy, politics, government, health and science, personal finance and lifestyle.

Management quality and insight into the news business has declined in recent years after acquisition in 2010 by Thomson Corp.

My co-workers were world-class journalists, but many left the company since the acquisition, with a grand exodus in 2013 when many accepted a buy-out package. I was among them.

The overnight shift, where we were expected to manage and coordinate coverage of the entire western hemisphere, often alone, was the hardest part.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job was chasing major breaking news as part of a world-class and widely diverse team of professionals.
Pros
Constant and continuing higher education
Cons
Sometimes incompetent management; long hours
Financial, Commodity and world news feeds. basic investment tools.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYApril 18, 2014
Reuters was a very different company 35 years ago. I am sure it is very different now.
Solid Company
Director - Strategic Planning and Market Research (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 3, 2014
Solid company that has refocued itself and merged with Thomson to form a strong entity
Worked for 25 years
Client Administration Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2014
I was happy to work at Reuters for all those 25 years I dedicated myself to this wonderful company. Unfortunately, due to economic downturns I was laid off in December 2011. I miss working there mostly the staff I used to deal with and the environment which led me to work flexible while still able to look for other opportunities in and outside of the company.
Pros
Great benefits, 401k, medical, vacations, personal/sick days
Cons
difficult to move up the ladder
Productive and fun workplace
CMO Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2013
Perfect job location, the heart of Times Square. Learn a lot about prospectuses. Manager and coworkers are very relax and enjoyable environment.
Pros
relaxing
Cons
tourist attraction
Quality of work
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 17, 2013
It started with Writng test plans and executed them on test bed. Then it would be followed by Programming of real time fixed income data warehouse project "Benchmark Treasury Yield Systems" in C. Used rational rose to re-engineer and learn BTYS system and recode it C++
Pros
Large organization
Cons
was 2-3 hours away from home