Insurance Follow-Up Representatives obtain medical claim reimbursement and/or resolution of insurance denials by contacting insurance companies by telephone, online webpages or other available follow-up means. Other duties include insurance denial appeals and correspondence resolution. All follow-up is to be processed efficiently and effectively, while maintaining clear documentation of all activity. The representative must have the ability to function in a fast paced/high volume environment while ensuring that strict confidentiality is maintained at all times. Epic, MediTech and/or McKesson Star experience a plus.
- Minimum 1 year of medical collections experience, medical Insurance claims experience a must.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong data entry skills
- Detail oriented and solid organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must be able to perform other tasks as assigned
- Comply with privacy laws and our client’s policies
Some facts about our RevMD culture:
- Privately owned.
- Healthcare revenue cycle outsourcing company.
- Clients are hospitals and 40+ physician practice plans.
- Very limited turnover due to respectful and energetic atmosphere.
- Excellent training and mentoring program.
- Strong encouragement of open communication.
- Heavy community involvement.
- Management team consists of industry leaders including board positions with the American Collectors Association (ACA) and Illinois Collectors Association (ICA).
- We welcome externship programs with local universities.
LOCATION: Westmont, IL
HOURS: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday, Saturday’s as needed.