Revel Systems Employee Reviews

Change of management
Technical Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2017
Revel used to be fun until they had a change of management and kicked out the founders.They have become more strict on time, give lousy raises (2 percent), and no room to advance. Management does not listen to you but always want to micro manage even if you are doing a great job I would have recommended Revel 3 years ago but not anymore.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
micro manage
Failing company, worn out unhappy employees
confidential manager/lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 19, 2017
The executive team has turned over multiple times. The company is in serious financial trouble. Their product is not good. I do not expect them to be around much longer. In the last 6-8 months the CEO left, CTO left, VP of People Left, HR director left, VP of Finance left, VP of Sales left, vp of product left, Executive General Counsel, VP of Corporate development left, director of business development left, accounting manager and finance manager left, 5 recruiters left, 5 sales manager/leads left. The company promised stock option to the vast majority of the people they hired and now they will not give it to them. It is a mess. Internal Communication is very bad. The product does not work as it is supposed too. That is why the company is still not profitable after 7 years. They do not have a plan to make it happen because the product is not capable. Now they are scrambling to try to come up with something that generates more revenue. The entirely remote executive team seems to not be capable in the SaaS space so things have even got worse in the last 6 months. The work environment is kind of what you hear about Uber. Actually, it is exactly what you hear about Uber. No internal controls, sr managers/execs make exceptions for employs they like and let their very bad behaviors continue. You truly do not want to work here.
Pros
Many nice hard working people
Cons
long, unorganized days, no vision, below average pay, no opportunity for growth as the business is failing
Dishonest
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2017
Revel was completely dishonest both about my OTE and about how many people were hitting quota. They also forced us to stay in the office more than 40 hours per week without overtime. This has since been resolved, but they're facing a huge labor lawsuit. Management is good and people are great, but they don't care at all about your work-life balance, and there is no flexibility.
Pros
free lunch, great team, great management
Cons
no work-life balance, they don't care about their employees and are completely dishonest
College Fraternity
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 23, 2017
This job made was helpful in learning what I actually want; a company dedicated to customers and that supports employees. Revel has poor leadership and no clear direction for the future. They have lost extremely talented people, especially on the marketing team (5 people in the last 10 months). I'd stay away, unless you have no choice.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor leadership, fraternity atmosphere focused on a drinking culture, sexism and promotions based on internal relationships
Worst Company Ever
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 28, 2017
this is a horrible place to work.

Management is bias, they made it even more harder to advance into an AE position.

CEO doesn't talk to anyone

Too many changes that are effecting the environment. Making it a lot harder for AE's and SDR's.

Teamwork is a joke!

The culture is fraternity and sorority and everyone else is on the sidelines.. management allows this to continue to happen
Pros
Free Lunch, Free End of Month Coffee, Bagel Friday
Cons
Management, Company culture
Management unwilling to enhance or embrace "Team" concept
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 24, 2017
This company doesn't offer any incentives for personal growth nor wage incentives! Management treats subordinates as "less than" employees. No communication or direction. Employees are thrown into the mix and advised to "figure it out"!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
no team concept, verbal vulgarities from management
Fun place to work and grow
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 1, 2016
Amazing place, best ever for people who want to grow fast. Management is understanding and helpful, at the same time highly experienced and positively pushy.
Pros
Salary, benefits, free food, great environment
Revel is headed in the right direction
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 31, 2016
Revel is in a great position to offer growth to those that put in the time and effort.

Revel's company values perfectly illustrate the skills I've learned and continue to develop: teamwork, results, customer centricity, entrepreneurship, urgency, and being lean. Skills that will apply to excelling in both career & life.

Work/life balance is great due in part to awesome teammates & management that listens. Upper management may be another issue, but my personal manager knows how to manage.

If you're mature and open-minded enough to navigate late-stage start up life with Revel, you're joining a fantastic organization. If you want everything handed to you with no effort, you might want to find a different company.
Pros
Catered lunch, snacks, drinks, business casual environment
Cons
Procedural inconsistencies across departments; good communication takes work
Great place to work!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francsico, CaOctober 28, 2016
Revel is full of amazing, smart and dedicated people! It is challenging and rewarding work, I learn everyday and my efforts and accomplishments are valued and rewarded. All of this, plus killer benefits and perks. Free lunch people!
Engaging, dynamic workplace staffed with talented, innovative people.
Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 28, 2016
Our Point Of Sale is the best in class and our employees take pride in being a "Reveler"! We are a mission-driven company culture, with many opportunities for career advancement and great colleagues. We have a challenging work environment as we work toward our exciting goals but we also have a very supportive environment. Overall, Revel is a great place to work.
Pros
Absolutely fantastic product! Lively work culture. Collaborative colleagues.
Cons
The break room is full of fabulous snacks, this is only a con for those of us who love to snack too much!

Want to know more about Revel Systems?

Ask a question
Work Hard, Make an Impact, Grow
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 28, 2016
Revel has been a great company to be a part of over these past couple of years. Getting to be a part of this global growth has been fascinating and you really get to understand and appreciate all that it takes to make a company tick every day.

Everyone who works here, works here because they want to. The culture is infectious not only here in our SF Headquarters, but within every other one of our 10 offices both here in the states and overseas.

I really enjoy the transparency from upper management and where they are taking the organization. There is a lot of hard work that goes into making this company run and it starts with our management team. They do a great job leading by example and I think that is very important.

As with any company, you experience ups and downs. However, we do a great job rebounding over hurdles that come up. I think this makes the company even strong and helps us put in the infrastructure necessary to continue to grow both domestically and internationally.

Overall, I have been very satisfied with where Revel has been and continues to go each and every day. Prepare to come and work very hard and enjoy every minute of it!
Pros
Entreprenurial, do not feel like a number in the computer system, Fantastic culture!
Cons
Loud working space at times
rapid growing start up - great place to make a difference
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 28, 2016
Revel systems is a place where you can and will make a difference. In one year my hard work and results resulted in me getting three promotions. Revel is a hot product in a new market with tons of room for continued growth. We have an open environment where people are given responsibility and allowed to run with it. Co-workers are great to hang out with at work and after work. Free lunch and happy hours. Lots of perks Best of all good people, good job and I have fun
Pros
opportunity to grow
Cons
running out of space so it is hard to find a from room some times
Growing insanely fast
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  san franciscoAugust 31, 2016
I just started working at revel a few months ago and so far I really love the SF startup culture and team spirit. In the last few months I have been here I cannot believe how fast we are growing and it seems that we are only getting more and more sales everyday. Can’t wait to see where we are at in a year.
Pros
Best sales team I’ve ever worked with, bike room available, unlimited vacation.
Cons
Management sets some really high expectations, there is an extremely high emphasis on making your numbers every month
Cool startup
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 29, 2016
Great place to work in SF. I love being so close to downtown not to mention a great place for public transit. Everyone at revel is extremely talented and always willing to help if you need it.
Pros
Free lunch, great location, amazing co workers
Cons
Long hours, don't always like the catered lunches
Group of really talented co-workers
Lead Generator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 24, 2016
I really love everyone I work with here. Revel does a really good job at hiring young top talent so it is easy to make great things happen with relatively little time.
Pros
Amazing co workers, free dinner, team outings (giants games etc.)
Cons
Long over crowded Bart rides in the morning
Great place to collaborate and grow
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 22, 2016
Super fun start up in SF. Has ping pong table, free beer and happy hours every Friday. Co-workers are all young professionals and really cool people in general.
Pros
free lunch, trendy office
Cons
a lot of change happening in management right now
Great place to succeed in sales
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 12, 2016
Definitely a work hard play hard sales environment here. The VP of sales is high energy and great at leading the team. If you want to make money, and enjoy laid back startup culture this is the place to be.
Pros
Free lunch, team outtings, amazing and inspiring CEO.
Cons
Prepare for long hours, especially new hires.
Overall a great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2016
One of my favorite things about working for Revel, is walking into some of my favorite shops and restaurants and seeing the product in action. It's really nice to hear positive feedback from our customers and it makes me feel like i am really contributing to something amazing. The leadership is awesome, and are always willing to listen and help make the team better. Even the CEO is super friendly and always encouraging everyone.
Pros
Best co workers ever, great office location, really cool product.
Cons
Really young co workers, high standard of work expected at all times.
Hard, but rewarding work
Lead Generation Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 9, 2016
This is an amazing startup with unbelievable growth potential. Every day i feel like i have made a difference and contributed to something great. I have been given multiple opportunities to grow within the company, and hard work is always acknowledged and rewarded.
Pros
Amazing co workers, helpful upper management, great team atmosphere.
Cons
A lot of trial and error, young employees = inexperience, long hours.
Last man standing
Product Development Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 28, 2016
Only iPad point of sale company left standing right now. There is a lot of potential for growth in the market right now, so it's an exciting time to be working here. A lot of chatter about being bought out by IBM or Google. It will be interesting to see where that takes the company.... Other than that co workers are amazing, management is good about listening to requests and I've always been given enough time and resources to complete all my work.
Pros
free lunch, free t-shirts, backpacks and water bottles etc...
Cons
expect to take late night international calls

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Revel Systems. Our community is ready to answer.