Revel Systems Employee Reviews

Revel is headed in the right direction
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 31, 2016
Revel is in a great position to offer growth to those that put in the time and effort.

Revel's company values perfectly illustrate the skills I've learned and continue to develop: teamwork, results, customer centricity, entrepreneurship, urgency, and being lean. Skills that will apply to excelling in both career & life.

Work/life balance is great due in part to awesome teammates & management that listens. Upper management may be another issue, but my personal manager knows how to manage.

If you're mature and open-minded enough to navigate late-stage start up life with Revel, you're joining a fantastic organization. If you want everything handed to you with no effort, you might want to find a different company.
Pros
Catered lunch, snacks, drinks, business casual environment
Cons
Procedural inconsistencies across departments; good communication takes work
Great place to work!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francsico, CaOctober 28, 2016
Revel is full of amazing, smart and dedicated people! It is challenging and rewarding work, I learn everyday and my efforts and accomplishments are valued and rewarded. All of this, plus killer benefits and perks. Free lunch people!
Engaging, dynamic workplace staffed with talented, innovative people.
Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 28, 2016
Our Point Of Sale is the best in class and our employees take pride in being a "Reveler"! We are a mission-driven company culture, with many opportunities for career advancement and great colleagues. We have a challenging work environment as we work toward our exciting goals but we also have a very supportive environment. Overall, Revel is a great place to work.
Pros
Absolutely fantastic product! Lively work culture. Collaborative colleagues.
Cons
The break room is full of fabulous snacks, this is only a con for those of us who love to snack too much!
Work Hard, Make an Impact, Grow
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 28, 2016
Revel has been a great company to be a part of over these past couple of years. Getting to be a part of this global growth has been fascinating and you really get to understand and appreciate all that it takes to make a company tick every day.

Everyone who works here, works here because they want to. The culture is infectious not only here in our SF Headquarters, but within every other one of our 10 offices both here in the states and overseas.

I really enjoy the transparency from upper management and where they are taking the organization. There is a lot of hard work that goes into making this company run and it starts with our management team. They do a great job leading by example and I think that is very important.

As with any company, you experience ups and downs. However, we do a great job rebounding over hurdles that come up. I think this makes the company even strong and helps us put in the infrastructure necessary to continue to grow both domestically and internationally.

Overall, I have been very satisfied with where Revel has been and continues to go each and every day. Prepare to come and work very hard and enjoy every minute of it!
Pros
Entreprenurial, do not feel like a number in the computer system, FANTASTIC CULTURE!
Cons
Loud working space at times
rapid growing start up - great place to make a difference
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 28, 2016
Revel systems is a place where you can and will make a difference. In one year my hard work and results resulted in me getting three promotions. Revel is a hot product in a new market with tons of room for continued growth. We have an open environment where people are given responsibility and allowed to run with it. Co-workers are great to hang out with at work and after work. Free lunch and happy hours. Lots of perks Best of all good people, good job and I have fun
Pros
opportunity to grow
Cons
running out of space so it is hard to find a from room some times
Growing insanely fast
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  san franciscoAugust 31, 2016
I just started working at revel a few months ago and so far I really love the SF startup culture and team spirit. In the last few months I have been here I cannot believe how fast we are growing and it seems that we are only getting more and more sales everyday. Can’t wait to see where we are at in a year.
Pros
Best sales team I’ve ever worked with, bike room available, unlimited vacation.
Cons
Management sets some really high expectations, there is an extremely high emphasis on making your numbers every month
Cool startup
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 29, 2016
Great place to work in SF. I love being so close to downtown not to mention a great place for public transit. Everyone at revel is extremely talented and always willing to help if you need it.
Pros
Free lunch, great location, amazing co workers
Cons
Long hours, don't always like the catered lunches
Group of really talented co-workers
Lead Generator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 24, 2016
I really love everyone I work with here. Revel does a really good job at hiring young top talent so it is easy to make great things happen with relatively little time.
Pros
Amazing co workers, free dinner, team outings (giants games etc.)
Cons
Long over crowded Bart rides in the morning
Great place to collaborate and grow
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 22, 2016
Super fun start up in SF. Has ping pong table, free beer and happy hours every Friday. Co-workers are all young professionals and really cool people in general.
Pros
free lunch, trendy office
Cons
a lot of change happening in management right now
Great place to succeed in sales
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 12, 2016
Definitely a work hard play hard sales environment here. The VP of sales is high energy and great at leading the team. If you want to make money, and enjoy laid back startup culture this is the place to be.
Pros
Free lunch, team outtings, amazing and inspiring CEO.
Cons
Prepare for long hours, especially new hires.
Overall a great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2016
One of my favorite things about working for Revel, is walking into some of my favorite shops and restaurants and seeing the product in action. It's really nice to hear positive feedback from our customers and it makes me feel like i am really contributing to something amazing. The leadership is awesome, and are always willing to listen and help make the team better. Even the CEO is super friendly and always encouraging everyone.
Pros
Best co workers ever, great office location, really cool product.
Cons
Really young co workers, high standard of work expected at all times.
Hard, but rewarding work
Lead Generation Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 9, 2016
This is an amazing startup with unbelievable growth potential. Every day i feel like i have made a difference and contributed to something great. I have been given multiple opportunities to grow within the company, and hard work is always acknowledged and rewarded.
Pros
Amazing co workers, helpful upper management, great team atmosphere.
Cons
A lot of trial and error, young employees = inexperience, long hours.
Last man standing
Product Development Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 28, 2016
Only iPad point of sale company left standing right now. There is a lot of potential for growth in the market right now, so it's an exciting time to be working here. A lot of chatter about being bought out by IBM or Google. It will be interesting to see where that takes the company.... Other than that co workers are amazing, management is good about listening to requests and I've always been given enough time and resources to complete all my work.
Pros
free lunch, free t-shirts, backpacks and water bottles etc...
Cons
expect to take late night international calls
Amazing startup culture
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 25, 2016
if you want to learn a lot and experience authentic startup culture, this is the place for you. Unlimited snacks, catered lunch and dinner, happy hours and team outings.
Pros
amazing co workers and culture
Cons
long hours and must be willing to take calls on weekends
Great coworkers but terrible management
Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 27, 2016
The product your supporting is great!

Your coworkers are fun to work with as well. The benefits are amazing that includes paid lunches.

However, this is a startup! What does that mean? Training is so scatter brained and most times they didn't know what to do. All the management is aggressive and also act lost.

They can't seem to answer any questions and you typically have to ask multiple times and it's frustrating.

HR is equally lost! They said parking was paid but since I left they still won't pay me back. Every time I ask about this or any other issue they never really answer it. It's frustrating!

This company is a "startup" in every sense of the word! Be forewarned! This company has possibilities but how it's managed can be frustrating and difficult.
Pros
paid lunches and good benefits
Cons
management
Good staff but Management sorely lacking
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2015
The people you work with are amazing. However, mismanagement of the company leads to inconsistent expectations. The product is great and it does help people, but office politics shadow the good work being done
Start up
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 8, 2015
If you are familiar with the term of Start up, then you will understand. Entrepreneurial, AKA long hours,

Sense of urgency AKA, manic pace at work

There are some very strong element with this company, but if you are not prepared to invest into a pre-IPO company, then adjust your career search. It's still the wild west here.
Pros
Forward thinking, emerging powerhouse
Cons
scattered direction and growth
lots of stress but kinda fun
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  san franciscoFebruary 9, 2015
its a great place to work but be ready to work. expected to be at your desk from 8:00-6:00 and available on weekends. in the end, its all about the numbers
Fun place with snacks
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoDecember 24, 2013
Fun place with snacks. Catered lunches. Supplied Apple products for work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Revel Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4