Revera Inc.

Revera Inc. Employer Reviews

Great place to work.
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee), Barre, VTMay 16, 2014
Pros: i have a great group of employees, the managers lead very well.
Cons: there is nothing bad about this job.
Get right to work on getting my team together. Working out a plan on what needs to get accomplished for the day. The managers are all friendly and outgoing. The hardest part of my job is leaving at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the residents and seeing their rooms clean. I've learned from this job I've learned that these residents depend on us my team to make sure they have healthy, clean and safe living conditions.
nightmare will give you a breakdown
worker (Former Employee), vtFebruary 18, 2014
upper management out of control not a stable place to work people come and go like you would not believe.
I work with great people, but there is no advancement or job security
Revenue Cycle Field Analyst (Current Employee), Middletown, CTJanuary 12, 2014
I travel to a different location every day. I didnt know skilled nursing billing when I started here so I leared a lot. I have had 4 Managers in the last almost 6 years. I work with great people, everyone is hard working and very cooperative. The hardest part of my job is motivating people. I am not their Manager, yet I need to lead them. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. I value them and appreciate everything they do.
A great learning experience.
Regional Partner Development Coordinator (Former Employee), NJNovember 16, 2013
Pros: relationships i have made.
Cons: the facilities not being able to support the programs developed. ie. staffing issues.
I enjoyed developing programs for the skilled nursing facilities. I partnered successfully with many hospital systems. My co-workers were very supportive and inspiring as we shared ideas and challenges daily. The most difficult part of the experience was the constant turnover of management. We endured with the changes until financial decisions eliminated our role.
Money, money, money
Sales Rep (Current Employee), GVRDOctober 4, 2013
Pros: i have now had my worst job ever
Cons: everything, except the residents.
The lies told to get families in the door are many. The rooms are boxes and the average meal costs $2.50 but all this can be yours for 3K a month.

They care nothing about seniors or staff. It's sell, sell, sell and when the seniors run out of money. Out the door they go. No place for a senior with chronic health issues - you will see a rapid decline. The morale among the staff is horrible.
not a good place to work if your and lpn
lpn (Former Employee), njSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: patients become family
Cons: no appreciation for lpn's
This is the only place that I have ever worked where you can be hired fulltime, but having some of your days canceled and they would have a per diem rn cover your spot! Or you would report for work and would get pulled and again a per diem rn would be put in your place. If you should happen to be canceled, in order to be paid for that time you would need to use your personal time. If you take initiative as far as problem solving you get reprimanded because you are "not an rn" and "its not your job". Lpn's get relegated to passing meds and treatments. No room for advancement unless an rn. And they don't pay for experience, you get paid the same if your a new nurse or someone with many years experience.
from worker ...worst place to work
worker (Former Employee), surreySeptember 9, 2013
Cons: may i write an essay ?
management is bad, and upper management supports lower management.
typical day is having bullying staff to deal with , and management supporting them.
I learnt the staff have no sophistication.
co-workers will do anything to intimidate an co-worker.
Hardest part is dealing with the lack of support.
most enjoyable is going home at end of day.
Not a good place until the INSIDE is cleaned up!!
Manager (Current Employee), ConnecticutSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: if you join the clique because "they" allowed you to..your good to go
Cons: if you don't join the clique because you know its not good.. your done
Run by inappropriate management who have no compassion or know what they are doing. "Clique" run by top management in the facility make all the "good " workers fear for their jobs. Residents won't complain because they know their care will get worse. You can advertise anyway you want, but do you think you will change a bad reputation. Your problem is within and until you change the people that work for you running your facility with lie's and cover-ups, your Mission statement will not be honored or even used. It could be a great investment if the right people are hired to run the way it should be. Maybe you should look at some of the people who no longer work their and here their side of the story. The truth may astonish Canada,and the truth will eventually be known. Open up your eyes before its to late for the staff and more importantly the Residents. They ALL deserve better!!
Horrible place to work unless the INSIDE gets changed!!
manager (Current Employee), connecticutSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: there are good workers, all levels, who really care.
Cons: to much dishonest and rotteness inside that does not get seen.
It could be a very nice place to work, but changes need to be done inside the facility. They can advertise anyway they want but when your inside workers are horrible,mainly at the "top" level, it won't work. Many of the staff are excellent yet scared of the "clique" which includes some of the upper management who run the place. Alot of good ppl have left or fired and for some it was a unwarranted dismissal. Maybe Canada should contact these ppl and get the truth!! What you are told on paper or by a phone conversation isn't always how it went down! You want to make money then start running your facilities right. Whats pretty on the outside should be the same on the inside not covered up. The hardest part of the job is the Residents. They are the ones who suffer getting poor care, uncompassionate ppl working on them, and cannot fight for themselves. Canada start checking your homes out! Start standing by your Mission Statement!!!!!!
Excellent second home for aged people
Volunteer (Current Employee), Main Street Terrace, ScarboroughJuly 9, 2012
Pros: scheduled entertainment programs for all
Cons: disoriented people with a lapse of memory is difficlt to mange
Oldage home for people who are sick, deserted and isolated. Provides home-like settings in a team environment. healthcare facility for those who are in need. Excellent entertainment opportunities for elderly people. care for people with special needs.
Not a good company or a good place for your loved one
RN (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTJune 21, 2012
Very cliquey and if your not a part of it you will be gone. A good cleaning out would be a big help if the top corp would listen. It starts from the top to the bottom. The good people walk around scared. Some of the nsg is very good but not enough. some cna's are good but not enough. The top needs to go. The care is horrible and yet the state allows it yet if they were unannounced maybe they would see what really goes on. If the top corp were more involved maybe their statement of care, integrity would be true.
Sad place for employees & patients
RN (Former Employee), Barre, VtJune 10, 2012
Worked for skilled nursing facility where there is a rapid turnover of staff nurses. The quality of care is poor & I can't imagine how the state allows this facility to continue. RNs are harrassed by this core group of LNAs. They take no direction & give the least amt of care that they can get away with. They run the facility and are like a pack of wolves. Management is inexperienced & unsupportive to nurses. They come & go like a revolving door. Administration arrives periodically & eliminates anyone who is competent. Patients are terrorized by LNAs & administration.
great place to work
1st cook (Former Employee), albertaJanuary 5, 2012
Pros: good wages
really enjoyed working with this company, had to return to B.C. to sell house. returning to alberta once this is done, but can do 21 in 7 days out or as per schedule, flexible.Ready to start work today.

About Revera Inc.

Revera Inc., is a real estate investment trust in Canada that operates seniors housing properties. Formerly named Retirement Residences – Read more