RevLocal Employee Reviews

Unique sales position with definite "Pro's & Con's"
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2017
Descent opportunity for the right candidate that might be looking to get there foot in the door in the vast, competitive digital marketing industry. Unique product aimed at SMB's that can be effective for specific industries/markets. Possibly good fit for someone "entrepreneurial" that enjoys autonomy, working hard, soliciting businesses in person, yet doesn't mind low average pay for the industry and limited long term potential.
When employed with RevLocal, they had very minimal structure and limited competitive resources compared to their much "larger' competition, some of whom I have worked for. You are responsible for generating all of your own leads, and management requires that the primary approach is dropping in to small business & "cold calling" in person. This approach works well in Ohio, however, is rather ineffective in other markets (ie. large metros outside the "midwest" closer to the coast where people are far less "friendly" and may despise in person solicitation from the representative of a company they have never heard of. I've always preferred the work "smarter not harder" approach recognizing there are different ways to be successfull. can make good money, but it's a long road. No compensation for mileage, no car allowance, no base salary, very "mediocre" benefits.
Pros
100% Outside Sales
Cons
Compensation/Retetion far below industry average
Great Training but Terrible Benefits
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Granville, OHJuly 24, 2017
They have a great deal of training that is terrific but time consuming. The management is supportive and friendly. The health benefits for a family is horrendous. I paid over $1500/ per month for generic health benefits for 2 adults and 2 children. It was huge co-pays and they matched it with only $240.00 per month.
Pros
Remote
Cons
Healthcare
Low pay, great education
Digital Marketing Strategist (Former Employee) –  Granville, OHJune 15, 2017
The starting pay at RevLocal is pretty low, but okay for recent college grads with no experience. A lot of smart, creative and talented people leave in pursuit of higher-paying positions in marketing/advertising.

If you're looking to get an education in digital marketing, this is the place to go. They do a pretty good job of training and teaching the ins and outs of digital marketing and advertising.

Management is fine, not a ton of room to move up higher than a Senior Digital Marketing Strategist. Also, when I was there, management seemed to only value how many clients you could "handle" and not how many clients you could build solid relationships with. The more clients you pile on your strategists, the less time they have to build those relationships. That was something that management didn't seem to understand.
Pros
Great workplace environment, education and training
Cons
Low pay, unrealistic expectations from executives
Entrepreneurial sales opportunity
Digital Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  KYFebruary 17, 2017
RevLocal is a great company to work for. When a company has a specific purpose to help small businesses, it's easy to get on board. That said, it's not always easy to do the hard work to actually see those small businesses. If you're willing to put in the work and activity to be successful and to be coachable along the way, the income, flexibility and career options provided here are hard to find elsewhere.

I work with some of the most talented people I've met in my career and the best part is that I really enjoy working with all of them. We are all focused on our personal goals and very much team players, focused on helping as many small businesses as we can and doing it with integrity.
Pros
Uncapped income, home office, strong leadership, growth opportunity
Cons
Independent environment, competitive industry, learning curve for new consultants
Fun job with flexibility and great pay scale
Digital Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 15, 2017
RevLocal is truly one of a kind. I love having a solution for local businesses that makes a difference. Enjoying what you do, enjoying your coworkers, and having a good work life balance is something that everyone should strive to have and fortunately we can have it here.
Pros
residual income, flexibility, great culture
Great company built on integrity and doing what is best for clients and associates.
Digital Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 14, 2017
I have been at RevLocal for 3 years now. The opportunity to grow is amazing. The on-boarding training and comp plan has continued to improve since I started. So let me help you read between the lines...Leadership is focused on helping people be successful, they listen, and then act to make the necessary changes.

I continually hear Consultants say they are making more money here than they have made anywhere else. That may not be true for everyone, but being able to make a great living while helping businesses succeed is a pretty great combination.

PROS:
1) Culture and knowing that your company can and will deliver on its services...so much so that they never require clients to sign a contact. The attitude is we should bring you value each and every month. If we stop, you should stop being our customer. (I know, sounds logical)
2) Growth potential is amazing. The company is growing at phenomenal pace and opportunities to grow are endless.
3) Executive leadership...this team of executive is absolutely plugged in. They are open to ideas and suggestions that benefit the company, clients, and associates. There is ZERO arrogance with this team.
4) If you are in sales, you get a chance to be on the "fun side" of the income statement. Helping businesses generate revenue and change their financial trajectory is so much more rewarding than helping them "save money and improve operations efficiency".
5) They only look for top-notch talent. They get that a company is only as good as your team and will be selective when screening potential candidates for all positions.
  more... Understand that top-notch is not always "experience". Integrity, initiative, and a commitment to excellent are as important as experience.

CONS:
1) This is not a salary sales job and has no guarantees. That said, the company pays you commissions on sales with both up front commissions and residual commissions. As residual takes time to build, new Sales Consultants get paid "commissions" on activities as well. So, doing the right things earns commission.
2) High activity sales & prospecting. The Consultant position at RevLocal is a hunter role. If you are not willing to work or are a "career farmer" this is not for you. Consultants do a lot of prospecting. While I personally find it pretty fun (most days), it is not for everyone. However, when you understand how this company can impact a business, the prospecting is not as challenging as one might think.
Pros
See above
Cons
See above
Good People, Products, and Opportunity
Digital Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 14, 2017
The role: selling digital marketing to small biz - dentists, auto repair, insurance, roofers, etc. Prospecting in person, networking groups, referrals, some phone calls.

Best parts: not being stuck in a cube, great people, helping small business, exciting industry, no commute, lots of support from operations.

Hardest parts: fast pace of prospecting, very competitive industry, some biz owners just don't get it, a lot of days you work on your own.
Pros
Autonomy, great culture, fast growing company
Cons
Building from scratch
Great opportunity for Strong independent reps
Sales Area Lead (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2017
After over four years at Revlocal I can honestly say there's not another place I'd rather be. The freedom and flexibility to control my schedule and provide for my family is sincerely appreciated.

The support around the reps in the field is incredible. I've never been around a team of people who are so involved in helping others succeed.

I wish more people would allow themselves enough time to really get going in sales. It isn't easy in the early going for anyone. At the same time, those who figure it out are undeniably successful. The difference in those reps typically comes down to work ethic, time management and ability to adjust to their surroundings.

I've been invited to clients family events, employee luncheons, and staff meetings because of the relationship Revlocal brings to the table. It's not anyways exciting, clients will cancel unexpectedly or for no apparent reason so there will be challenges.

If you want a rewarding position in a continually growing industry then Revlocal is the place.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great support, exciting industry
Cons
Clients can be difficult
February 7, 2017

RevLocal is looking to add Outside Sales Representatives through the local markets of San Diego. Thank you for being a great leader, a positive spokesman and an individual who embodies integrity. RevLocal is determined to work for those that want to make a difference and are willing to work hard everyday. Thank you for being a great team member.

Great Place, Growing Company, HUGE Opportunity
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 19, 2016
This place is fantastic. The leadership is 100% committed to your success if you're working hard and coachable. I came straight out of college, had a rocky start, but now I'm making more money than most people I graduated with and more than I thought I could make at age 24. I also have several advancement opportunities because of how fast we are growing. This place is a rocket ship that I get to be along for the ride.
Pros
Make your own schedule, freedom, amazing leadership, income potential
Cons
Average bennefits, the job is hard work, a lot of driving
February 7, 2017

We greatly appreciate your positive feedback. RevLocal is a company where all ages are successful. This is because we truly put our customers first with the service we provide.

Thank you for your commitment to making RevLocal the leader in personalized digital marketing.

An incredible team assembled and continuing to grow!!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Granville, OHDecember 9, 2016
A GREAT company that truly cares about its people and its clients. Fast paced, with a can do attitude among the employees.

Not bureaucratic, just consistently do the right thing. Strong ethics and values among the employee base---I Love it!!
Pros
People, Culture and the focus on the clients!!
Cons
Not always easy. Any growth company requires hard work and passion to succeed and grow!!!
Hard work in beginnning, but worth it
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Central OhioDecember 9, 2016
If you aren't aftaid to put in the time and the sustained effort the first few years, you can make a great living. In the beginning you will need to do lots of basic prospecting methods but in time you can get to almost all networking and referrals only. The small business owners need what we have. They just don't realize you might have the answer to their problems. No contracts certainly helps, as well as services starting at a couple hundred bucks a month. It's very rewarding to see the clients who follow the plan, allow the time for systems to work and reap the benefits. That's kind of what it's like in the business development career path of a digital marketing consultant with RevLocal. Do the work, follow the systems, put in the time, be coachable = success.
Pros
Still a ground floor opportunity with opportunities!
Cons
It's like life, you can't short cut the work.
February 7, 2017

People are looking for a place they can grow. Part of the RevLocal formula for success is to have a desire to be great at making a difference for small businesses. We appreciate your effort, determination and positive attitude.

Great Company
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHNovember 30, 2016
pleasant company to work for, nice and caring co workers. would suggest to others to work. Easy to work for, there for help when needed. Supportive when needed help.
Fun place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHDecember 29, 2015
The people I worked with were great! A family like atmosphere and close knit group. Everyone is willing to help and offer suggestions to improve your performance.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Scheduling
Great entry level positions
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2015
This is a great place to work if you are needing to get your foot in the door with a marketing company. They have great entry level positions but not a lot of room for advancement and the residual income is not enough to support a family.
February 13, 2017

We appreciate your feedback. We believe RevLocal offers sales minded professionals a great long-term career. What our team loves most about working for RevLocal is the integrity of the leadership, the opportunity to grow your earning potential and making a difference for local businesses. We wish you the best as you grow your career.

Good Company
BUSINESS DEVELOPEMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 5, 2014
good company but needs to provide a realistic base salary in order to retain strong candidates.
February 13, 2017

We appreciate your feedback. Much has changed since your time at RevLocal. A majority of our Consultants are motivated by the unlimited potential and upward earning path. Our activity pay offers our Consultants the ability to have a higher base as they work towards full commission. We are thankful for your time with RevLocal and wish you the best in your future career endeavors.

RevLocal
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Granville, OHApril 22, 2014
It's a great company to work for as long as you love sales and are a highly social, motivated individual who loves doing LOTS of cold calling and drop-ins. It is a straight commission sales position and you get out of it what you put in to it.

On a typical day you are out in the field dropping in on businesses to get appointments.

Management is great and fully supportive when you ask for the help. Co-workers are really nice and very helpful.

The hardest part of the job is building your residual income because it is a commission only position. You really have to work hard to move forward.

The most enjoyable is meeting new people, business owners who need online marketing.
Pros
Training, meeting new people, management is great, co-workers are positive, corporate culture is really motivating
Cons
Straight commission, cold calling, hunting for new business constantly, saving accounts from cancelling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RevLocal. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2