Revolution Foods

Revolution Foods Employee Reviews

Great job to have if you enjoy working with kids.
School Site Serve,rLead Server (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: kids did not like the food menu wanted something diffrent .served the same meals every week
Cons: never had enough meals
a typical day at work is that you stay very busy there no dull moment
what I learned working with revo foods don't make friends just do your job management was okay but they do not solve issues they sweep the issue under the rug my co-worker was not working as a team and I believe team work makes a dream work. the hardest part of this job was loosing my job after being with the company for two years I really enjoy working with this company because I love working with kids also love cooking .
God Pray for me
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), New YorkMay 8, 2015
Pros: free snacks
Cons: no breaks
I don't like this job and there a lack of miscommunication with both manager as well as supervisor. They would blame me for things it was really a hard place to work in. the students is disrespectful
good hours if going to school
Food Server (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 12, 2015
This job is easy going and dedicates to providing good nutrition to school kids. If you like working with children then this is the job for you.
Live a life that matters with purpose!
Director of Operations/AGM (Current Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: developing others being passionate and caring
Cons: not enough time in a day to help every one.
Every day different with challenges desire to achieve to maximize my potential being effective and efficient to achieve excellence.
What is important to learn is 87% about people's skills and 13% of product knowledge.
Create a culture & environment, where people can have fun and learn at the same time.
The hardest job is to please everyone and the funniest job is to server others with servant leadership being passionate and caring about others needs and desires.

" You can not always get happiness but you can always give happiness".
Ask Me
Truck Loader/ Cook / Line Backer (Former Employee), Oakland, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: o/t frequently
Cons: too many to list
typical day would be staying late to finish work
i learned to get motivated quick
management ( contact for more info )
co-workers were amazing
hardest part of the job i showing up the net day for more
most enjoyable was payday
Fun place to grow and advance while serving healthy food
Driver (Current Employee), Cheverly, MDDecember 26, 2014
Pros: food provided daily ...
Cons: not enough hours ...
The typical day at work for me is pretty routine. I get to work early in the morning and assemble all my food for my route. I organize and load my truck how my daily route is set up. I deliver and set up food to be served by school officials. I pick up all company belongings and materials to be returned to my work site. I clean and unload my truck so its ready for the next morning. Management keeps you informed and ready for any situation presented. My Coworkers are great. We all work as a team and help out when needed. The hardest part of the the day is the morning time. It has its perks by getting off early in the day. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the kids learn and enjoy the food I've brought them.
Productive and fun place to work
National Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Cheverly, MDOctober 29, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at this company. I learned a lot and the job was very exciting. It was a family like atmosphere with individuals working together as a team to accomplish company goals.
No real HR department and no company backing
Former Employee (Former Employee), Commerce City, COSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: false advertisment, no company backing, backstabbing management and wanna be hr
The mission for what the company is trying to do would be awesome if what they promote was true. The lack of actually treating your employees with respect is lacking. Employees who have been working with the company became agitated with new employees earning more than them.... Food is not prepared fresh as they claim. Food is prepared a day ahead and most of these items are FROZEN not fresh and thawed out a day ahead for next day production. The date put on the food is false advertisement because kids are actually eating food that may have been sitting for a day or two. What kind of Revolution is that.
Fun environment
Kitchen/Cook Supervisor (Former Employee), Kenner, LAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: worked with a great group of people.
Cons: not enough training provided
I really enjoyed working for this company I learned a great deal about the business as well as learned more about myself. A typical day at work consists of preparing my cook team for the day with our morning huddle and assigning each of them their task for the day, making sure all recipes were followed to specifications. My co-workers were very nice and open to new ideas, we all worked well as a team. The hardest part of my job was dealing with difficult people. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that with my help we were providing our clients (school children) with healthy lunches.
Very productive and health driven company
Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 17, 2014
Pros: serving healthy foods
Cons: poor benefits
A typical day at work would be preparing and serving 300-350 elementary students breakfast, lunch and snack 5 days a week. I've gained plenty of knowledge and problem solving skills from this company. I managed about 2-3 other employees during this time. This company is very supportive and very caring of employees and the school lunch systems. I attended various meetings and courses to improve my customer service and managerial skills. The most enjoyable part of this job is serving kids healthy meals.
FUN WORKPLACE
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Landover, MDJune 10, 2014
PREPARE COLD LUNCHES OR HOT MEALS TO STUDENTS IS THE TYPICAL DAY AT WORK.I LEARNED TO INTERACT WITH THE TEACHING STAFF AND STUDENTS.MANAGEMENT IS WONDERFUL.MY CO-WORKERS ALWAYS WHERE HELPFUL.THERE WAS NO HARD PART OF THIS JOB. JUST THE SCHOOL STAFF WAS MOST ENJOYABLE
its ok
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Cheverly, MDMay 21, 2014
good people but not good pay im looking for a better job as your reading this review
serving students
Server (Current Employee), Stafford, TXFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: interacting with people
Cons: low pay
I enjoy working with the students, customer service. I love the hours and being off during holidays. no weekends so I get to spend time with my daughter.
A company on the grow, get in while you can.
Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee), Oakland, CADecember 5, 2013
Revolution Foods is a company that is a family first company. At Rev Foods the goal is to get nutricous food to as many kids as we possibly can. The mission statment says it all. Its not a fortune 500 company yet but with a focused effort to maitain effeiciency there is no limit where this company can go. As for the atmosphere of the company itself you could not ask for better, Rev Foods is a family and for those looking to join the family I would say its a working experience that will stick with you while your with the company and you can not help but take the values you learn with you through life. I love this company.
Fun and energetic
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 5, 2013
fast paced production,good co workers great tweam work,producing food all day
I enjoyed being a supervisor and assisting my staff.
Supervisor Dispatch (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJNovember 1, 2013
The hardest part of the job was being notified within 30 minutes that I would have to drive to another state to receive products. If I had lead time I would have not felt forced.
ratchet place
Assembly Team Member (Former Employee), Oakland, CAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: nothing really
Cons: hella ratchet
Its like being back in high school, THEY WILL TALK BEHIND YOUR BACK, SMILE IN YO FACE. MANAGERS DONT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. THEY SO DIRTY, FEMALES BE ON THEY PHONES WHILE TOUCHING THE FOOD, THEY DONT WASH THEY HANDS MOST OF THE TIME AND THEY TALK THEY LUNGS OUT ALL OVER THE FOOD. JUST TO IMAGINE KIDS EAT THAT GROSSED ME OUT SO MUCH. Oh AND ONE MORE THING, DO NOT LET ANYONE SEE THAT YOU'RE GOOD AT SOMETHING, CAUSE YOU'LL END UP AS THEY PUPPET.
Great Company.
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Oakland, CAOctober 25, 2013
Great place to grow and learn. Lots of ownership. Enjoyed my time working there.
No fun
Porter (Current Employee), Landover, MDJuly 15, 2013
Unpredictable sometimes cleaning restrooms, taking out trash, mop foors, wash dishes and clean parking lot.
Rev Foods
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Stafford, TXJune 16, 2013
Pros: free lunch, home early
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is loading and making sure everything is counted and its right place.

I learned to pace myself instead of rushing through the day.

Management is good at what they do i couldn't complain.

My co-workers and I we feed off each other energy everyday to complete the task at hand.

The hardest part is just waking up at 3 in the morning.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when i'm on the road after loading the truck up all morning.

Revolution Foods Salaries