Revolution Foods Employee Reviews

awesome place
LEAD SERVER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2016
awesome place for part time
not enough hours
was lead server
prepare meals for 500 students
co workers were great

working with children was the best part

worked in a school setting

time management was a great skill here
Steady pace and fun working around positive energy.
Server (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 5, 2017
My job is to make sure students eat at least three components and also makes sure they enter their lunch number in the system properly. I love the fact the each and every student is respectful and is willing to try different kinds of food that the company ship over.
Pros
Free lunches and down time
Cons
Cut hours from 8hours per day to 5hours per day.
Beautiful work place.
Sever (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 28, 2016
Great company and the people are very nice and welcoming. Great team skills and job advancement is a plus. It's perfect for self starters and you have someone standing over you.
Unstable work environment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2017
Everyday is a new challenge, I wake too early to come in for 5 hours of games. Looking for a better position in life. I have a family to feed...25 hours a week wont cut it.
Pros
None at the moment
Cons
They automatically take a break after 7 hours.
Work Conditions
Team Assembly Member (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 17, 2017
Nice environment to work, just have to deal with the cold temperatures and standing for long periods of time. You also must be able to get to Edison on Sundays. as that is the beginning of the work week for the company, as they provide healthy school lunches for school kids.
Awesome Company that takes care of employees.
School Site Server (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXJune 28, 2016
Every employee is extremely friendly and hard working. This will make your typical day at work great. The management is always ready to help and will fix any and all problems in timely manner. You get plenty of training and never feel like your are being just thrown into the field. They also work with your schedule very well and are sensitive to employees with families.
Productive, fun and Healthy work Enviorment
Driver/Drivers Helper (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDDecember 28, 2016
Since Working With Revolution food I must say this company has given me an awesome outlook on customer service and team work. Revolution foods is very compassionate and understanding towards their employees.
very laid back
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2017
very laid back, easy, all the staff was fun and easy to work with. they allowed me to be very flexible and it also had great hours. i loved working with the kids in the location i was placed in.
great
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 26, 2016
great place to work felt like a family. they were there and always made me feel like i can count on them for any reason. very understanding yet strict at the same time.
Pros
everything
Cons
food service that provide heathly food for private schools
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 8, 2016
one of the easiest jobs i think i would ever have.i come into work put my belongings into the locker.grab a white lab coat and clock in.then i proceed to the assemly line where i grab 2-3 boxes of apples or oranges which ever is being served at the time and proceed to make over 10,00 lunches
I liked it
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJApril 4, 2016
Days are sometimes busy and other days are real slow. I have learned a lot form this job. The management here is real fair to its employees. I get along with my co-workers. We help each other out.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
fun work place
Lead Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 22, 2016
I enjoy the way I can be up and personal with the children. It's the best place I've ever worked. I like the ideal that you can move up in the company. Your advancement is based on your performance. The hardest part of this job is to make sure you have the right amount of food for the amount of kids you have to feed that day.
Progressive company with an interesting culture
Northern California HR & Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 6, 2012
As HR and Finance Manager I was responsible for ensuring accuracy and integrity in the market level payroll, HR and financials as well as provide analytical support to the market leaders This role also included maintaining office services and efficiency, supervising office staff and maintaining office records. A lot of camarderie among employees, however there was a high turnover among management.
Pros
free lunches, family atmosphere
Cons
expensive healthcare, long hours and low pay
Try some where else
Driver (Current Employee) –  OaklandDecember 12, 2012
No place to earn a living been there six months and no possibilities for promotion or raises most employees average $10.00 an hour or less. My unemployment pay was more. Management doesn't care at all about the future of this company. Rumors of future sale of company.
Pros
don't work here if you can help it.
very unorganized
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 6, 2016
i did not like the way production was organized. poor communication skills from employer to employee. no room or consistency for growth
Fun place to grow and advance while serving healthy food
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDDecember 26, 2014
The typical day at work for me is pretty routine. I get to work early in the morning and assemble all my food for my route. I organize and load my truck how my daily route is set up. I deliver and set up food to be served by school officials. I pick up all company belongings and materials to be returned to my work site. I clean and unload my truck so its ready for the next morning. Management keeps you informed and ready for any situation presented. My Coworkers are great. We all work as a team and help out when needed. The hardest part of the the day is the morning time. It has its perks by getting off early in the day. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the kids learn and enjoy the food I've brought them.
Pros
Food provided daily ...
Cons
Not enough hours ...
Working with children develops all of my skill set honed in my other jobs.
Server (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 14, 2015
Open management allows for freedom in the work place. I set my schedule which allows me to enjoy the fun part of my job even more. Working with the children of Success Academy is fun and challenging.
No real HR department and no company backing
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COSeptember 24, 2014
The mission for what the company is trying to do would be awesome if what they promote was true. The lack of actually treating your employees with respect is lacking. Employees who have been working with the company became agitated with new employees earning more than them.... Food is not prepared fresh as they claim. Food is prepared a day ahead and most of these items are FROZEN not fresh and thawed out a day ahead for next day production. The date put on the food is false advertisement because kids are actually eating food that may have been sitting for a day or two. What kind of Revolution is that.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
False advertisment, no company backing, backstabbing management and wanna be HR
Live a life that matters with purpose!
Director of Operations/AGM (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Every day different with challenges desire to achieve to maximize my potential being effective and efficient to achieve excellence.
What is important to learn is 87% about people's skills and 13% of product knowledge.
Create a culture & environment, where people can have fun and learn at the same time.
The hardest job is to please everyone and the funniest job is to server others with servant leadership being passionate and caring about others needs and desires.

" You can not always get happiness but you can always give happiness".
Pros
Developing others being passionate and caring
Cons
Not enough time in a day to help every one.
Fun Workplace
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 19, 2016
Cool work place, I love the work environment. Nice co-workers. Great place to learn about good health. Great meals provided for the kids and parents.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Revolution Foods. Our community is ready to answer.