Revolution Foods Employee Reviews

Creates and Serves Healthy Meals to School Kids and Storefronts
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 16, 2017
Innovative Company growing rapidly...environment much like that of a restaurant.

Front and back of the house structure.

Upbeat, friendly, but corporate minded.
Pros
Healthy food for kids and employees
Cons
New Employees make more than tenured with same job title, not much growth potential, clique type work environment
Great company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2017
Great learning experience in food industryability to help children eat heathy meals oppose to the normal food intake also experience a healthy exxperience in the food I dustry and work with various chefs
Pros
Educational information
Poor Worklife Balance
Human Resource Assistant/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 4, 2017
The product that the company offers is good. Poor work life balance. I do not life the company. I do not like being forced to write this review. Work there if you like.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
management
Production floor is a ghetto culture with noise levels unbearable. Supervisors are like gangstas.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 3, 2017
I do not recommend this company. Cursing is their official language on the floor. Office area is constantly over crowded by floor employees and supervisors constantly going in and out of the floor office and bumping into your seat. Worse than that is they ignore you right on your face, if you want to ask them or talk to them. They will make you feel insulted, you may ask 50 times, but they will not listen.
Interesting place to work
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 24, 2017
Revolution is a good place to work. It is a place where you can gain good work experience. They do promote from within which is always good. And you don't have to have a lot of experience to get a start.
A bit stressful
Assembly Team Member (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAApril 21, 2017
Working at Revolution Foods Co. has helped me learn how to stay calm in such stressful situations and overcome my math anxiety. I work as a Pack and Stacker however I am originally positioned as Assembly team member.
Pros
I get paid
Cons
I am not working as an assembly team member
Great mission
Business Development Manager and Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cheverly, MDApril 17, 2017
I loved the mission of the company. I've met some really nice people within this company. Politics is the driving force on whether you can penetrate a particular market or school.
Challenging and rewarding position delivering food to charter schools.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 7, 2017
A typical day at work involved arriving at work 4am, pre inspect my vehicle. (box truck or van). Comparing invoice to actual load. Loading my vehicle, planning my route using various software,
driving to the different schools and meeting with coordinators.
Unloading the food on hand trucks and setting up the kitchen.
Once the kitchen was set up and the delivery was completed, and authorization signature was obtained. I would often deliver to three or four schools in a day.
Pros
Lunch was free.
Cons
Ok if you dont have bills
DRIVER/COOK /SERVER (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COApril 3, 2017
Seasonal, but you could work in the summer or claim unemployment but we know how that goes!! Working with the kids was always fun even tho the food was grabge!!!
Wonderful company to work for
Server (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 29, 2017
I loved coming into work. I took pride in setting up the kitchen. Making sure all the inventory and stock was properly organized. Took the time to maintain an orderly work environment. I worked hard in making sure all my work was completed before I ended my shift and my manager was very impressed with my work. I went from assistant to co-lead server after my year review. I enjoyed making sure I did the best at my job and the people I was serving and my co-workers were happy that I was working and doing such a good job.
Pros
Got to donate the extra food to a food bank
Cons
My co-worker didnt participate as I would have hoped and it was hard to do her work and mine as well

Want to know more about Revolution Foods?

Ask a question
Unstable work environment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2017
Everyday is a new challenge, I wake too early to come in for 5 hours of games. Looking for a better position in life. I have a family to feed...25 hours a week wont cut it.
Pros
None at the moment
Cons
They automatically take a break after 7 hours.
very laid back
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2017
very laid back, easy, all the staff was fun and easy to work with. they allowed me to be very flexible and it also had great hours. i loved working with the kids in the location i was placed in.
Steady pace and fun working around positive energy.
Server (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 5, 2017
My job is to make sure students eat at least three components and also makes sure they enter their lunch number in the system properly. I love the fact the each and every student is respectful and is willing to try different kinds of food that the company ship over.
Pros
Free lunches and down time
Cons
Cut hours from 8hours per day to 5hours per day.
Work Conditions
Team Assembly Member (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 17, 2017
Nice environment to work, just have to deal with the cold temperatures and standing for long periods of time. You also must be able to get to Edison on Sundays. as that is the beginning of the work week for the company, as they provide healthy school lunches for school kids.
Productive, fun and Healthy work Enviorment
Driver/Drivers Helper (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDDecember 28, 2016
Since Working With Revolution food I must say this company has given me an awesome outlook on customer service and team work. Revolution foods is very compassionate and understanding towards their employees.
awesome place
LEAD SERVER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2016
awesome place for part time
not enough hours
was lead server
prepare meals for 500 students
co workers were great

working with children was the best part

worked in a school setting

time management was a great skill here
Beautiful work place.
Sever (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 28, 2016
Great company and the people are very nice and welcoming. Great team skills and job advancement is a plus. It's perfect for self starters and you have someone standing over you.
great
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 26, 2016
great place to work felt like a family. they were there and always made me feel like i can count on them for any reason. very understanding yet strict at the same time.
Pros
everything
Cons
food service that provide heathly food for private schools
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 8, 2016
one of the easiest jobs i think i would ever have.i come into work put my belongings into the locker.grab a white lab coat and clock in.then i proceed to the assemly line where i grab 2-3 boxes of apples or oranges which ever is being served at the time and proceed to make over 10,00 lunches
Awesome Company that takes care of employees.
School Site Server (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXJune 28, 2016
Every employee is extremely friendly and hard working. This will make your typical day at work great. The management is always ready to help and will fix any and all problems in timely manner. You get plenty of training and never feel like your are being just thrown into the field. They also work with your schedule very well and are sensitive to employees with families.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Revolution Foods. Our community is ready to answer.